Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Premier

I'm gonna be honest, I think a thread dedicated to an episode should instantly alert people to the fact that there is the possibility of spoilers.

Vader is truly terrifying.

Well I don't worry about spoilers to much. Really the only thing that matter is if it keeps the tone they set or gets better. My biggest fear was it would be safe and not really as dark as Cartoon network got it. So Now I am really excited

I wouldn't say this episode is dark but it is certainly not light. It had dark elements to it. And it is hard to not have Vader doing Vader things and have it not be a tad bit dark. They end up killing off the Peace Minister from last season in a really under handed a dirty way.

Vader has an awesome moment with Ahsoka (kind of) where he realizes that "the apprentice lives." It is awesome.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rebels.

I loved the Clone Wars cartoon. Out of everything Star Wars... every movie and every game... I liked Star Wars the Clone Wars the best. And I liked the games better than the movies.

So, to me, Star Wars Rebels is a bit of a let down. They killed Clone Wars to make it and then marketed it to a much younger audience. The animation bothers me... everyone... moves too much. I can forgive that over-cartoonized curves and designs... The super-rounded stormtrooper helmets are annoying, but I can deal with them. What I can't deal with... is... how much everyone moves when they talk. It just looks unnatural and makes me cringe every time I see it. The dialog is another issue entirely.

That being said... I went and watched the episode to see what the fuss was about. It was definitely better than a great deal of the first season (which I only bothered to watch a few episodes of), and the portrait of Vader was fairly decent. Also... the little "I need to be unique" mando girl makes me smile. I will definitely say that it's nice to see a Mandalorian as a main character.

Zathra Fett

Graffiti and Art are the same thing, right?
The premiere was awesome, not as dark as the trailer showed but it will get darker as the seasons go on. Also,
Ahsoka finds out Vader is Anakin but doesn't tell the ghost crew which was a loss cause I wanted to see the reactions of the ghost crew
All in all, can't wait for rex later in the season, he was so cool in clone wars...same with echo....I salute you echo and fives.
Plus if you can't tell or don't know, I based my character off of Sabine from rebels

To me, Rebels is having a way better start than the Clone Wars did when it first aired. It took a few seasons for it to get as good as it did, while Rebels seems to be doing that at a much quicker pace. I'm sure as the show and story progresses it'll be far superior than the Clone Wars.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Darth Vornskr said:
To me, Rebels is having a way better start than the Clone Wars did when it first aired. It took a few seasons for it to get as good as it did, while Rebels seems to be doing that at a much quicker pace. I'm sure as the show and story progresses it'll be far superior than the Clone Wars.

[member="Captain Larraq"]
I can agree with that. There is a lot of potential here. I just... cringe when I see people bobbing around when they talk.

Sabine in the first season never got enough screen time. They talked about her training in the academy on Mandalore which is with the empire.. Which means she should have mandalorian and imperial training... Which should be a boon but she half the time seemed to get left on the ship with Hera who as the pilot should have been there. I am hoping she gets more stuff cause Ezra is kind of meh, not really many interesting qualities yet aside from the original theory his dad was the inquisitor or one of his parents were.

Turin Val Kur

T
Much better than the first season. Lots of potential to make Space Aladdin not horrible.

My only beef with Sabine is the fact that she does things physically that only a Jedi should do. Her jumps are just absurd. She needs to utilize her rockets more and suddenly I'd like her a bit more in terms of what she does. She is a fun character, and like all the rest there is a lot of backstory there that will get dug up eventually.

The show got really great in the last couple episodes last season after a relatively slow (but pleasant) start. I think it is going to keep that going throughout this season. What this show offers that I think is a bit better than Clone Wars is focus. I loved Clone Wars but I hated jumping around constantly. Now, yes, that did allow us to get some cool storylines on the edge of things without the main characters and I -loved- that it was frustrating to have to wait a whole season for a 4 episode arc just to have that story not get picked up again until the next season.

Turin Val Kur

T
[member="Silas Mantis"]

kisscartoon, kissanime's sister site has it, season 1 and the clone wars up. HD STREEEEEAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom