Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: Mechwarrior

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Spec Aid

So here is the level design thus far: We are the blue guys spawning on the hillside. They are the clueless defenders guarding the near structures. Our job is to smash the defenders and take what's in the old temple thing'y.

• Temperate Climate - Average Heat Gain, submersible options available.
  • Multiple approach vectors - Ruins, Plains, Sea
  • Variable heights - Ruins, water canals, shear cliffs
  • Line of Sight - Excellent as we'll have aircraft too.
  • Destructible cover - Light. Stone ruins and walls.

So don't spec for a winter vacation on some lost and frozen tundra. Lol. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Red dots are assumed enemy locations. We'll be sending in a duo of Recon Fighters just before we hit them. They can maintain overwatch if the AA isn't too bad. It's enemy territory so Intel is light. But since we are raiders. I'm going to call it a 'Low Priority' hit.

Truthfully I'll be developing the enemy position based on what I see from our Mech composition. I'd prefer a fair fight biased towards Mech skill, driving, and position. Rather than having super weapons present or an enemy army of just infantry.

Unlike a GM however, I won't be moving our bad guys every round. It will be up to each writer to use their own awareness of what's hitting them and us. If you make the enemy stupid. The thread will be stupid. If you make your enemy smart. The thread will be smart. If you have to eject and fight a guerrilla war with only your teeth and a rusty spoon. Well, we can do that too. :D

Archive

A
Gonna be runnin' round in one of these.

CCG_Arsenal_Kodiak.jpg

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Clan Ghost Bear, Kodiak. Sexy. Should I assume the standard compliment? Or do you want to run custom? ...I um. Might ask for just a wee-bit more information on your build than just a picture. Lol. :D

I was sort of leaning to (although not originally) something akin to the Armored Core laser sword as showing in this video, although perhaps longer :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Evr5HIN5I

Or perhaps one big laser. I don't know, I want mine to be a seige weapon :p though I'd be happy with anything.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Hutuun. How familiar are you with the Mechwarrior genre really?

To note. I find the necessity of anything larger than a Gauss Rifle to be rather excessive in light of general Mech combat. Especially Proto-mechs or Super-weapons that weight in at over 100 tons. I should also note that the Armored Core, Gundam, etc; are genres that offers a radically different combat-style and mind-set. That said, an ignitable laser knife or vibration blade is do-able. However, it would be a heat-based weapon attacking heat-resistant armor. So it would be impossible to outright severe an 80-ton Assault Mech in half.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
In that case. It's probably better to use an average Mech and get used to the fighting style before you request custom weapons.

The MWO Curse Wiki has a tutorial video at the bottom of the Top Page that will introduce you to the game 'Mechwarrior Online'. This is an excellent way to understand how to be a Mech pilot at the most basic level. As well as understanding the 4 basic weight classes. It's less than 10 minutes and worth every penny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mmtt6XiC3rA

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Yes. In order for me to add in enemy units of good composition, I will need your Mech Class and Loadout. And I had planned on starting the thread when everyone was ready to rumble. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom