Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Galaxies MMO Is Back

Didnt see anyone mention it yet, but for those curious feel free to take a look.

You get the option to play from the start and level up or once you land in Mos Eisley they give you the option to use a holocron and LV up to 90 right away.

It was my first MMO and now it still has an active community adding new content and updates all the time makes me a very happy Star Wars fan. You get a lot of freedom in customization, house/city building, acquiring ships, creature pets and mounts, in game player economy with crafting items. PvP, PvE (in space or on land), RP so much you can do. Including creating your own story quests to share with other players.

I'm currently playing it and would love to meet up with some fellow role players in game! Feel free to PM if you're interested!

http://swglegends.com/

Here is a trailer for reference: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Q96KIRG8E

[member="Bryce Bantam"] Everything, I just signed in today they do XP boosts for special event days/weekends such as the Carrie Fisher and Kenny Baker in-game memorial service. They built a statue of the two on Naboo where you get a special buff. Or this weekend celebrating may the 4th, and the biggest surprise to me was they gave users Veteran awards. I am now the proud owner of a Mustafar Bunker base, Yacht, At-Rt walker, Varactyl and Lava Flea mount. A desert skiff, a BARC Speeder bike, 30,000 of any free resource of your choice.

Right now I'm training up to do the quest to get an ARC-170 ship from Naboo/Kashyyk.

[member="Viathae Qarmast"]

No Star Wars Galaxies shut down when Star Wars The Old Republic released back before SW was sold to Disney. Plot wise it is based on the original trilogy.

There are two versions.

Vanilla release which has dozens of professions and becoming a Jedi is based on completing a series of quests.

The second version based on what it was at shut done with 9 professions and the ability to be a Jedi at creation.

I play the Vanilla release version for the better profession customization.

Wait really?! I remember this game and saving up for it. I bought it, but internet wasn't good enough and by the time my parents upgrade it was taken down so I never really got to play.

Is this the legit game or something else?

[member="Lynn Nantaris"]

The server I play on is literally a carbon copy of the vanilla game. Emphasis on Vanilla. The Space component has not been implemented yet but the Jedi grind is partially implemented.

Both are in the progress of being added with Jedi available on the test server.

What I have seen on youtube of the other servers that focus on the NGE version of the game as it was when SOE shut it down everything looks like it is the exact same as the live content with space combat and Jedi available at creation.

If you still have disks from when it was live I recommend trying it out. It doesn't cost anything so you really have nothing to lose but an hour or so. I say it is worth it.

If you dont have any of the discs you can look to download them elsewhere and apply the same directions mentioned in the swglegends site, I have the discs from when I was a subscribed player years ago. However my cd drive is inoperable and I've been able to play the game just fine.

Canon wise the story takes place between episode 4-5, but because its a sandbox game you're free to play however you like. Any of the nine main classes of 3 factions, player economy, new additional content. The devs for this game are very active with the community on a daily basis.

I believe they're taking request to implement player designed quests into their version of the game. They released a new patch and they're able to incorporate new items, along with new quests and also updated the game's music score to play even recent music from TFA and Rogue One.

Might want to check out Relics of Corbantis. The ideas we have for events seems fitting with this general community (focusing as much on community/RP content as your typical game content).

RelicsOfCorbantis.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTlUZvgjbxw

[member="Felix Hardy"]

SOE shut down the live servers 6 years ago and was based on 2003 specs. I would venture to say any computer made in the last 5 years should run it with no problem of highest settings. Any one bought in the last 10 years with little issue.

I would compare SWG in terms of graphics and what not to Everquest 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom