Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Star Lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
STAR LANCER

ThlJ7sD.png

Q30z679.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION:

• Intent: To create Barbie's original, but modernized steam punk pirate ship
  • Image Sources: Image 1 and Image 2
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION:
  • Manufacturer: Unknown steam punk tech manufacturer of system Yama Go (will sub system as a steam punk tech world not yet discovered off one of the galaxy's tingel arms)
  • Affiliation: Barbie Barbie
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, aluminum, titanium, and some good anti-rusting paint.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Classification: Corvette size pirate ship
  • Length: 200 meters.
  • Width: 50 meters
  • Height: 100 meters
  • Armament: Average......concussion missiles. laser cannons, harpoons (heavy electro-magnetic) for lassoing ships for boarding
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar Space: 0 as in zero for squadrons. But this vessel does require to have skiffs or launches for Capt and crew to leave vessel as well as transfer goods to and from ships and to surface. this vessel is not capable of atmospheric flight or landing. It is a space vessel only.
  • Hangar Allocations: 0 as in zero for squadrons. But this vessel does require to have skiffs or launches for Capt and crew to leave vessel as well as transfer goods to and from ships and to surface. This vessel is not capable of landing on terra, but can fly in atmosphere, land/take off from water and submerge underwater.
  • Single Craft Hangar: Yes
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive: 1.0

STANDARD FEATURES:
  • Average arsenal......concussion missiles. laser cannons, harpoons (heavy eletro-magnetic with cables) for boarding freighters
  • Escape pods...like 10 of them as pictured aft on vessel...five on each side. Each can sustain 6 average people.
  • Durosteel hull
  • Duroglass

ADVANCED SYSTEMS:
  • Sub-light retro thrusters
  • G-force compensators to dampen the effects of acceleration/deceleration and axial thrusters
  • Steam-punk tech as ship's standard equip.
  • Retrofitted hyperdrives installed on vessel. Standard 1.0 drives, retrofitted. (Note: I must state this as advanced for vessel due to it's retaining of steam-punk tech for all other functions.

STRENGTHS:
  • Moxie... lots of moxie, including a prayer and luck. Bridge is the vessel's stronghold. It were made to be the last chamber to become compromised. It can fly in atmosphere, land/take off in water and travel as a sub underwater.
  • Sectional interior bulk heads with lots of isolation doors that seal off damaged areas
  • Thicker outer durosteel hull as it has no other means of shield. If one were to give it a rating it would be 2:1 thicker than standard hulls.
  • Most importantly, High sub-light maneuverability and speed for a steam-punk ship that were originally designed with just sub-light drives. Chose this rating so it isn't a sitting duck among modern war/assault ships, as the Star Lancer is not very well armed and shielded as most modern ships.

WEAKNESSES:
  • uhm...it can rust if paint is not kept up.
  • It cannot hover but fly only in atmospheres.
  • It cannot land on land.
  • Hull is very old and mostly riveted/bolted together aside from being welded at critical points such as engine mounts. As such, hull is prone to easily leak/split at joints when battered with laser cannons.
  • Can be easily damaged and compromised as it has no modern shielding
  • Doesn't look pretty compared to the fancy vessels others pilot...pft

DESCRIPTION:
This vessel were originally from an unknown system of Yamo Go, a yet to be discovered system in one of the galaxy's tingel arms (will sub the system Yamo Go eventually)
Barbie, who's sir name is also Barbie (don't you be rolling your eyes) were around 12 years of age when this benevolent ship left Yamo Go's orbit. Being that Yamo Go were a steam-punk tech planet, there was no means of efficiently travelling interstellar, but the voyage was made nevertheless. It took over 5 years for the vessel to go beyond it's original solar system.

For many years it kept traveling toward the bulk center of the galaxy. Of course it were traveling at sub-light and barely even made it down the tingel arm from where it had started from. But sailed on it did for an additional 8 years using ion drives until it encountered a modern vessel of this galaxy.
Barbie Barbie were 25 years of age when they finally made contact...or rather they were boarded by pirates.
As it may, the vessel were more of a curiosity to the pirates than it were of any value. And the one passenger...or Captain as Barbie Barbie called herself was something else entirely. Needless to say-

No, wait...

Actually, I'm going to say it anyway; they were taken by her spirit, spunk and determination.
Barbie you see were the last survivor in this vessel as her family, the crew, had died along the way due to illness, accidents and what-not, leaving Barbie Barbie and her atomtronic robot like droid all alone for many years sailing through.
Long story short (I'll spare you the long version as I intend to write it through Barbie's memory) the aforementioned pirates that had found her, took to her to heart and outfitted the vessel with hyperdrive. Standard of course as they had a few spare ones they had...uhm... oh I don't know, commandeered from other vessels in their travels?
Yes.

That, and arming it with modern weaponry like laser cannons, harpoon thingy and percussion missiles...yea.
This vessel, which is 90 percent steam-punk operable is Barbie-Barbie's main pirate ship.
The other 10 percent was added on by her pirate saviors to operate the hyperdrive and weaponry they had installed on the vessel for Barbie.

Now lets get this bucket of rivets through customs and let me get writing already. :p

Last edited:
First thing that sticks out to me, is that your maneuverability rating is average. For this, you should probably increase the rating, which would mean it would be lower in other areas. Considering its theme, it seems like it would have lower than normal defenses.
EXTREME sub-light maneuverability
Which is backed up by this:
Can be easily damaged as it has no modern shielding

It is also required that you explain any extreme ratings in the strengths section. So your speed should be mentioned there.

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
Thank you for your insight, as I don't do many subs. Do understand that this writer tends to keep IC all the time. Reason for some odd entries. But I think I got straightened all that you have pointed out.
Let me know if I need to change or tweek some other bullets and descriptions.

Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom