Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Mandate - Faction Owners

I usually don't publicly announce rulings on the Staff team, but due to recent events, I felt a need to announce a new change with how Staff conducts themselves on the forum.

Staff members may no longer hold the position of Faction Owner of Major Factions, and Staff members who are Faction Owners of Minor Factions may not trigger Rebellions.

They may hold the position of Faction Administrator.

This mandate was agreed upon and passed late last night by myself and the Head Administrator, Valiens Nantaris, to the Staff team.

Sacrifices have often been asked of the Staff team. It's the burden of leading and guiding this great thing we call Chaos.

It is our duty, as always, to serve the community first.

While I understand that this is coming about due to a specific and particular situation, I do not agree.

I do not believe that Staff should have to "Take one for the team" or that Staff should be punished.

Again, I understand why this decree was made, I just do not agree that it is needed.

Tellos

[member="Tefka"] I do not knwo the specific incident that caused this but I do agree with it. I think it helps to eliminate a possible conflcit of interest appearance. Not to accuse any staff mebmer in this case I jsut think it's a good move that is all. I support the staffs decision in this matter.

[member="Tefka"]

Aside from having their name on the front page, what is really the difference between a Faction Owner and a Faction Admin? Same responsibilities, same Control Panel options, etc. If you're going to prevent someone from being one role, but leave them free to fill a vastly similar one, what's the point? In my opinion, either let staff be faction staff/owner or not at all. Doesn't make sense to have this weird middle ground where panties will still get wadded.

[member="Darth Metus"]

I know in your mind it does seem silly. Faction Admin sounds roughly the same, right. But let me ask you this:

Who do you think has more control over the direction of SWRP Chaos, the Owner (Tef) or an Administrator (lets say, the Factory Admin)?

And further more...

Who hires the Faction Admins?

Do you think a Faction Admin can tell a Faction Owner "no" to an Invasion? They can advise it, sure, but who ultimately makes the call?

Those are some pretty significant differences.

Cameron Centurion said:
Lol @ everyone that thinks not being able to be a Faction Owner is inherently negative.
99% of the Staff are probably "K dun want it anyways".
Yup. Also, if you wanted to be FO so bad, there's an option of not being staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom