Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squirrel Species?

I am currently, if slowly, working on a planet and some species for Chaos, and one of the things I was toying with was creating a sentient species of squirrel-like creatures. They have plenty of material for strengths and weaknesses, along with distinctions, and I've already got some ideas on their history and culture.

One of the things that I know people balk at with stuff like this is the potential for this to be a way to bring a furry fantasy here that has little to no inkling of Star Wars in it. Seeing as how I only like my squirrels fried, I don't think there's much issue of it being for a fetish (hey, I might respect their tree climbing ability, but those suckers dug up my flowers!!), and I am confident that I can make this species transition well into our galaxy.

There is also something else: I don't want to go through all of this effort only to discover that there's already a sentient squirrel species on Wookieepedia. I know there's rabbits and mice/rats, but I wasn't sure on the squirrels.

Thus, Coded Judges and other folks, would I be able to make a race of sentient squirrels who happen to be more sophisticated than their real world counterparts?

[member="Elizabeth Verdan"]

You can try, but they're a little on the fluffy side :p be prepared for a hairball to end all hairballs xD

[member="Ibby"]

There are squirrel species in canon. And there is no reason why you couldn't use them. I have once RPd a sentient Nelvaan squirrel and it was no big deal.

But be reminded, if you dare to destroy the reputation of squirrels, things'll get real bad... :p

[member="Junko Ike"]

Yes please, if it's not too much of a bother.

[member="Ellya"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

See, I wasn't sure if there were any Star Wars squirrels, which was why I pitched the idea here in the first place xD Anyway, I'll go look at the other squirrels to see how necessary it'd be to add another one to the group.

[member="Ibby"]

Revenge of the Snathi?

Lh6GUSH.jpg

Really though, I would suggest that they be scrappers. The sights of great space battles would be where they are most common. Your ship is kill? It's their ship now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom