Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellchecker?

Hey guys,
No clue why this is happening, but my Firefox is not registring its ability to spell check my posts. Swithcing into BBCode mode doesn't seem to solve this. I write a lot and fast and I make a lot of derpy mistakes that I would really rather not share with everyone :) So short of pasting and repasting to/from Word, what are the odds anyone has a clue on what I can to fix it?

*licks everyone*

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Nessarose deWinter"] - Updating Firefox, or going back a version, would probably do it. Spellcheck also works fine on Chrome for this site, and I'm pretty sure you can import favorites and such from Firefox to Chrome.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Nessarose deWinter"] - Good luck! I'm no techhead. Hopefully one will be along soonish.
Also, I know I find this faster and more reliable than Word - writing posts in Google Docs works well for me.

I also use Google Docs for most of my writing. It enables me to work on documents and posts from my tablet - as the editing tools on Chaos don't show up on my tablet - and then I can finish it on my computer at home and post it. Great use of my otherwise useless time on the bus. :)

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
I write my posts in a googledoc and so its got a spellchecker, it also autosaves so if anything happens my post is saved and safe.
Thats about all the suggestion I could offer you.

Well then.
I'm not sure what happened, but I reinstalled the most recent version of Firefox, and now it's working. I need to be in code view for the checker to let me select alternate spelling options, but it at least notifies me even in wyswyg mode. YAY! Not sure how that was solved. But it's solved on my end.

Aaaaand since the thread is not closed yet or anything

If anyone else is suffering fromm this, go to setting in the wysiwyg, and check the "paste as plain text by default" button. THIS MAKES THE FIREFOX SPELLCHECKER ACCESS THE TEXT HERE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom