Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Speak Soft, Speakeasy (Darkwire, Open)

"Whatever you say Cassus, but I can't promise to keep away from her for too long. At some point, I and Hacks will need to have a few words" he said calmly while taking another sip of his drink "If she's the real deal like you say she is, I'll need to see that for myself" he said with a look that suggested no bad intentions. Bumping into the tech head sooner rather than later was probably best if they didn't want any tension further down the line.

As soon as he mentioned Daiya, his gaze slowly turned and rested on the chatting girl. He seemed to look at her more than planned, but eventually, he looked back up to Cassus and nodded

"Yea, we know each other. I'm afraid we're not on the best terms right now though, mainly because of me"

Cartri was being totally honest, considering it was him that turned into a monster and almost killed her. He didn't know if he'd ever get to the point of being friends again, and that fact worried him to the core

"She's a good girl and someone you can count on, I'm sure you know her well too?"

Cassus mentally rolled his eyes at the younger kid's bravado. Outwardly, he didn't seem to display any judgment, just quiet acknowledgment. Cassus never felt the instinctual urge to talk to other people, except to ask them for a job. Ever since his mom died, though, he surprised himself with his socialization. He could have conversations that weren't about making money or his circumstances. He could just talk with people for the sake of talking. It was still something he was getting used to, but it helped ground himself in the present.

When Cartri looked away over to Cassus, he followed the gaze and then back to Cartri, who was still looking at her. A feeling bubbled up, then Cartri started talking.

"Yes," There was more that he could say to that, but he swore himself to secrecy.

"So, what'd you do? Can't be worse than anything I've done." That much, he was confident of, but even that eventually changed. Though, it was possible someone could best even his own perceived misdeeds.

Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Anakin Stormrunner Anakin Stormrunner Xan Deesa Xan Deesa Daiya Daiya Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Daiya caught the confession on Ponytail Girl's lips, twice, prompting a smirk on her own. She didn't glance back towards Xan behind her, if the android woman was still there at all, but the teen imagined her smug satisfaction at the topic. It was Xan who brought up the subject of Daiya's love life, after all.

In this moment, Daiya might have traded Xan for the woman seated next to them at the bar. A dark complexion to mirror the dark words aimed squarely at her. The young shadowrunner glowered back, "Not every stranger wants to wrap me in a blanket and sing me lullabies, either. You must be new to Denon, on this planet a girl's gotta be careful who buys her drinks."

She tried to turn back to Ponytail Girl, who was fumbling over an answer. The teen had no privacy bubble here, and the raven-haired woman's words dashed against her ears. Daiya kept her eyes on the other girl, taking another drink to busy her lips from answering.

And when she could manage it throughout the conversation, Daiya pulled her hands into her sleeves and hunched her neck below her shirt collar.

"Your home gym? Oh, you're one of those," Daiya managed dourly, her tongue bitter from the taste of the drink and the woman's words before. She blinked, then thought better of it. "Don't get me wrong, I've met my share of fitness geeks. They're just kinda one-note."

The teen grinned at her newfound friend, if that's what this was. "We should get you a new hobby. Hmmm, what's something you might like...." Her hand emerged as a finger tapped her chin. Suddenly her eyes alighted with an idea, "Have you ever been to a shooting range?"

"They must not teach manners on this planet. Not every stranger wants something when they buy you a drink."
"Don't worry, girl. You're not my type. The right sex, maybe, but the wrong skin."

A grin appeared on her face as she pointed with one finger - the same hand holding her glass - at the second of the two. The same one she'd picked up a mysterious feeling from. "At least she's got a better attitude."

Then, she returned to her own drink.
"Not every stranger wants to wrap me in a blanket and sing me lullabies, either. You must be new to Denon, on this planet a girl's gotta be careful who buys her drinks."

"Your home gym? Oh, you're one of those," Daiya managed dourly, her tongue bitter from the taste of the drink and the woman's words before. She blinked, then thought better of it. "Don't get me wrong, I've met my share of fitness geeks. They're just kinda one-note."

The teen grinned at her newfound friend, if that's what this was. "We should get you a new hobby. Hmmm, what's something you might like...." Her hand emerged as a finger tapped her chin. Suddenly her eyes alighted with an idea, "Have you ever been to a shooting range?"

Kadora'Tra suppressed a grimace when the older woman mentioned 'wrong skin.' She knew it had nothing to do with her, but after a lifetime surrounded by humans that tried to keep her down, a nasty hatred developed inside her as a response. There was also something unnerving the way she said it, as if she could see through the photons hugging over her identity. Her concern felt justified as her new friend tried to shoot them down.

Then she moved right into criticising her made up hobby. "Hey!" She voiced a bit indignantly, appearing embarrassed and glancing at the older woman.

"Do I get to blow something up?" She said enthusiastically, perhaps a touch too excited, and then brought Kitkat down a notch. "I mean, normally I'm more of back-alley scrapper, but I'm not shy around a blaster." A kernal of truth to sell it.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Daiya Daiya

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"Not every stranger wants to wrap me in a blanket and sing me lullabies, either. You must be new to Denon, on this planet a girl's gotta be careful who buys her drinks."

Ivory grinned and took a sip from her glass. Blankets and lullabies weren't her style. In fact, she inwardly wondered if the blonde had ever gone further than blankets & lullabies to begin with. Her friend seemed a little awkward, and for some reason, Ivory felt a little bad after mentioning something about "wrong skin". She shrugged it off.

. "Hey!" She voiced a bit indignantly, appearing embarrassed and glancing at the older woman.
Clearly, they weren't close friends... close friends typically didn't ridicule each-other's hobbies. . Ivory couldn't help but cover another smirk with the rim of her glass. The drink already had her feeling a little loose, and she perked up at the mention of firearms.

With a look toward Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra , Ivory asked: "A scrapper, huh? You don't look much like a fighter... maybe a shooter. Even if you do have a nice figure."

By the Force, did I just say that?

For the first time in a long time, Ivory blushed and hid a grimace of her own by covering her face with the hand holding the glass. She covered the motion by brushing a strand of long black hair behind her ear, but her cheeks were burning.

"Hey, yourself," Daiya remarked, feeling a tug at her lips as she rushed right past Ponytail Girl's protests. She took another sip of her drink, the other girl and the overly-generous woman seemed like they were having a moment. The teen rolled her eyes at the lost attention, feeling clearly less important than making googly eyes at each other from across her back.

The drink was swill, and she finished it all.

Despite herself, the young shadowrunner even let out a sharp sound at the request of Ponytail Girl. "Oh, there's explosions to be had, just you wait." Daiya giggled, hopping off her barstool and offering her hand to the other girl. "I like a blaster better than my fist. Don't you ever break a nail in those fights? That chit hurts, no thank you."

She started off toward another exit to the speakeasy, not willing to brave the Huttaburger cooler again. Daiya guessed it wouldn't be the last time she saw the place, but no longer felt like sticking around. Besides, with a new friend by her side, the teen had half a mind full of places they could see. "C'mon, I wanna see you shoot. And then I wanna see you try my blaster." She giggled again, an inside joke only she seemed to know. "I'll even pay this time."

Beckoning toward Ponytail Girl to follow, Daiya turned on her heels. She made her way up a ladder to a hatch, which opened up into the middle of a convenience shop.

One that had a whole rack full of gummy porgs. Not much else in the store, but somehow this was stocked.

Delight played over her face as Daiya swooped close to the shelf and grabbed a pack. Or two. Maybe three. If Ponytail Girl didn't show up soon to share with, the teen was going to wind up stuffing herself on candy gummies. Her hungry, liquor-fueled stomach was in full control now, Daiya couldn't stop herself even if she'd wanted to.

She loved biting their heads off. Didn't everybody?

"A scrapper, huh? You don't look much like a fighter... maybe a shooter. Even if you do have a nice figure."

Heat rose to Kadora'Tra's cheeks, and she wondered briefly if the hologram was accurate enough to register her rising temperature. She turned her head at an angle a bit. So that's all it takes, huh? Weak. Her internal voice chided the accident of her body.

"I mean, a figure doesn't just appear all by itself." She chuckled in that nervous way that people did while uncomfortable with their surroundings but trying to mask it with mirthful stimuli as if to trick themselves into being happy about it.

"Oh, there's explosions to be had, just you wait." Daiya giggled, hopping off her barstool and offering her hand to the other girl. "I like a blaster better than my fist. Don't you ever break a nail in those fights? That chit hurts, no thank you."

"Great!" She readily took Daiya Daiya 's hand and glanced back towards Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud for a moment before returning to the younger girl. "Well, I don't use my nails fighting, obviously," She rolled her eyes and thought, I do, but they aren't nails, and they don't fall off so easily, "But you can get a lot of power out of elbows or knees without hurting yourself." She demonstrated patting one of her elbows.

"C'mon, I wanna see you shoot. And then I wanna see you try my blaster." She giggled again, an inside joke only she seemed to know. "I'll even pay this time."

"Sure, sounds astral!" Kadora'Tra was pretty sure that was a common slang she heard from lower enlisted and inmates so gave the affectation to Kitkat, "Just a sec." She told the younger girl.

She turned back towards Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , opened her mouth, closed it, and then waved good bye before departing.

WEAK.

Suppressing the raging pit in her stomach that served as her inner conscience, she climbed out of the Speakeasy feeling as though nothing had really happened as she expected. Still, it seemed she had made a tentative new ally. At the very least a known contact she could ingratiate herself to over time. A kid would be certainly easier to warm up to than someone older, right? And this one had influence, or at least connections to it.

She was the perfect target.

"Are you going to eat all of those?" Kitkat laughed with jesting amusement discovering Daiya Daiya 's chosen munchies.

Laughter would follow the pair to the range.

Fate would decide if anyone would follow it...

-Exit-

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
As the two girls began to pack up their things and make their departure, Ivory glanced at them out of the corner of her eye. She offered a grin at the blonde who waved at her - a sheepish look, as she was still feeling awkward from her tipsy commentary. She lifted her other hand to offer a wave in return, but the girls had turned their backs and were on their way out of the building.

Ivory sighed.

She brought the rim of her glass up to her lips and finished it, deciding she'd had enough for the night. As it was, a healthy curiousity still tingled in the back of her skull - a feeling that something wasn't quite right. She set her glass down on the bar, laid a credit chit down beside it as a tip, then slipped off the stool. Her booted feet made contact and she realized she might have had a little more than she thought. Either that, or the bartender just made good drinks.

Perhaps it was the booze dulling her senses and self-control, or perhaps it was her own devil-may-care attitude toward life, but instead of going home for the night, she decided to take a stroll.

If she just so-happened to be going the same way as the two young women, well... Coincidences?

Ivory tucked her hands into the pockets of her coat and and swayed toward the stairs. She exaggerated the movement a bit, seemingly lost in her own thoughts as she shoulder-checked the wall while walking up toward the hidden entrance.

Once she was outside, she followed the sound of laughter. Staying far enough back, of course, that she wouldn't raise suspicion. She had a life-time's worth of experience in Tradecraft, and the threat of discovery was practically zero. Denon's night-time air enveloped her and welcomed her gracefully into its' arms.

(Exit)

Daiya Daiya Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra

Looking back to Cassius he slowly nodded after acknowledging he knew her. Heck, who didn't know Daiya at this point. Deep down, even though she annoyed the hell out of him he kind of had a thing for Daiya. Behind the mask of teasing, she was a kind and caring girl, who had suffered the same way he did.

When Cassus asked what he did, a small frown spread across his lips. Hesitating for a moment he slowly got to his feet and pushed the stall back in, patting Anakin on the shoulder as he walked around him to walk over to Cassus. He stood before the fellow teen and put a hand on his shoulder in reflection.

"Sometimes Cassus, it's best not to speak a word on matters like that. You never know if you'll wake another monster..." the boy said with a direct nod, shooting a glance to Daiya who was too busy chatting away

"Keep an eye on her for me, would you? I've heard she can get a bit crazy around bars" Cartri smirked, his hand lifting off his shoulder before walking around him to the exit "See you around Cassus, I may have something for you soon..."

/exits

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom