Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Sparring on Kestri once more

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Equipment:Equipment In Bio

Tag: Lycia Lycia

Song:

Shakka putting her body through the paces in one of Kestri's many gym halls working out always served to clear her mind after a battle. She had been away for what felt like months but had only been a week's worth of time and was looking forward to spending some time off on Kestri. The icey world was a great place to blow off steam and just be around other mandos. Perhaps she would be lucky and manage to pick up a sparring match after all she did love to pit her skills against her fellow Mandalorians.

enclavediv3.png

Last edited:
Even with the diversity of the Mandalorians Lycia was a strange sight in the gym halls, working with just a chest plate and harness she stood out to her heavily armoured kin. Still, she was here to train, today this consisted of a warm-up, cardio and weights, then sparing blades against one of the many droids. As she moved over to the sparing ring it would have caught the attention of Shakka, setting up one of the training droids and getting ready for a quick bout. The robot stirred to life assessing its target, running combat subroutines then preparing its blade. The Selonian slipped two axes free of their sheaths, a quick counter, locking the sword and then bringing her axe down for what would be a quick and effective kill.
"Oh come on, could 'ave done that blindfolded. Again!" The robot resets and goes again, Lycia ducks under and delivers a double swipe pushing it over.
"Not worth the metal ya made of? By the mother, actually try you bloody clanker" And it did, before ending up with a solid kick to its chest and then a follow-up axe. Lycia gives a sigh, shaking her head and looking over to the nearest mando.
"Can't get the staff, ae vod?"

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

"Can't get the staff, ae vod?"

Shakka looked up from racking a weight to the selonian vod in the sparring ring then to the droid she had been fighting a moment before.

“I don’t fight the droids vod rarely find it worth the time to get warm up to fight a tin can who’s move set has been programmed by an aruetii in a lab somewhere who has never seen a battlefield.”

She walked up to the ring with a relaxed gait.

“However if you wouldn’t mind a living partner I wouldn’t mind obliging you.”

enclavediv3.png

Lycia smiled at the suggestion, a soft growl of anticipation. She adjusts the grip on her axes and gestures for you to join her. The droid got up and moved away to be useless somewhere else.
"Heh, not gonna say no to that. Are you looking to work off steam or train something specific?" The Selonian moving slightly to get on the other side of the arena, definitely looking forward to having someone worthwhile to fight.
"Oh and I'll try and be careful of your lek. I know they're important for your race and rather... sensitive if I'm not mistaken."

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

She stepped next to the platform pressing a few buttons on the side of a small locker open up inside were beskar gauntlets that she used for training. She slipped them on with a well practiced ease.

“Oh I’m on leave for the moment so this is just for fun and to keep me busy while I wait on my next mission.”

She flicked her lekku behind her shoulders.

“That is probably wise that would change this from a friendly sparring match quite quickly. Speaking of friendly what kind of rules do we want for this match?”

enclavediv3.png

"Oh, of course, wouldn't want to actually cause harm." Watching the other woman get ready and then taking the time herself to ensure the covers of her blades were secure.
"I'll be running these cold and pulling my blows. If you're running blades do the same. The only thing I want to spill on this mat is sweat. Just standard rules besides. Three hits per round, keep going till we're satisfied. Hah, actually you know what. Loser buys drinks. Sound fair" Moving around and emoting as she speaks, offering her hand for the bet

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

Shakka took the selonian’s smaller hand in her and shook it. Agreeing to the terms of the fight. She then proceeded to her corner of the ring.

“I’ll just be using my fist, feet, and these gauntlets for this no blades.”

She lightly stretched in her corner for a moment. Before thumbing a button near her above their heads a holo projector spun to life announcing the beginning of the match.

“Starting the match in Three… Two… One…!”

enclavediv3.png

A short nod of approval, maybe once upon a time Lycia wouldn't fight another armed when they were not. However, that time had long passed as she moved quickly to cover the distance, fainting to the side before impact and making two quick strikes for the Twi'lek before curling out and making space between the two.
Quick and deadly movements, don't give your opponent the opportunity to strike by keeping them out of range. Lycia would be an interesting match, and even more interesting to try and pin down.

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

The selonian moved in fast; two strikes came in so she shifted her position a slight twist and they sailed past her. In her armor she would have simply accepted the blows and retaliated but outside of it her tactics changed she went from an implacable mountain to willow in the wind. Her opponent withdrew just as quickly as she struck, not giving Shakka a chance to respond in kind she smiled as this would be an interesting fight.

Shakka dropped into a stance with an easy grace this would be all in the timing so she started to circle waiting gauging her opponent's response.

enclavediv3.png

"There is a reason I don't wear too much armour lass. Big tanks like you are all well and good for a flat brawl but ain't no good as a skirmisher" Lycia circled with her, a quick test of the weight of her axes before moving in slowly, body swaying slightly. The weight was off but that was expected with the leather, training was never to harm or wound but to teach and improve. That said she had heard a rumour about an arena where even death was only temporary, though she dismissed such a thing as fiction.
A thud of her tail, making to dash forward, trying to fool Shakka into moving the wrong way as Lycia went the other and this time stayed to engage for a few moments allowing the other to attempt to strike. This was going to be interesting, whilst Lycia recognised their strength and resistance, she also noticed that getting into a grapple fight would be a bad idea.

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

She listened to her words but that wasn’t where her focus was. Instead she paid attention to her opponent’s movements. Then there it was a twitch of movement then she was charging. At the last moment Shakka shifted the first axe missed but the second impacted squarely on her upper thigh. Her opponent lingered just a moment too long this time and that was all Shakka needed. She grabbed by the wrist of the arm that the axe impacted and placed her other under matching spun and threw her opponent back across the ring.

“No matter how much the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.”

She dropped back into her stance with a beckoning hand

enclavediv3.png

Contact, a good hit on the outer thigh, not necessarily a kill but a good hit nonetheless and... oh now we're over here. Lycia rolled as she landed, quickly coming up to guard not once losing visual contact with her opponent. Whilst the Selonian was big she was also relatively light so the toss wasn't hard for the other to execute.
"Aye that's true, but slowly, surely, the wind wears away the mountain bit by bit. One of three, ain't going to get me that easily next time, and I'd trade an axe blow for a throw any day." Moving around slowly, she appeared to be in an at-ease stance, open and vulnerable to attack something that could be considered sloppy. However, for the experienced Mandalorian, they would recognise the fool's guard, a trap for those who had yet to be humbled, with her fighting style Lycia was more than capable to pull off such a risky move.
"Your turn. Come and have a go if you think you're 'ard enough" Opening her arms, shifted her feet and waited with a soft growl of anticipation.

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

It was a trap because of course it was a trap. One thing left to do then, spring the trap. She charged head tucked low arms outstretched looking much like a charging bull reek. Til the absolute last moment then she pivoted hard a leg swept out to sweep her opponent off her feet. The sweeping leg then planted on the ground the opposite leg turning the momentum into a snap kick into her opponents back.

enclavediv3.png

Lycia saw the woman charge, very much not expecting a bull charge. The first axe slipped from her hand as she swung it in, flying to impact the charging twi'lek. Then they shifted, moving that momentum to make the sweep took a lot of strength, but Lycia was nimble, jumping up and swinging...
The second axe flew harmlessly behind the woman, the Selonian's fingers just brushing against the woman's lekku as she twisted over the sweep.
Lycia landed and held her hands up for pause,
"Evidently that ain't workin' nor is it really provin' anything. Wanna just go hand to hand?"

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

She felt something brush against her lekku. It took her a moment to realize it was her opponent's fingers. Before she could respond however her opponent called for a pause she realized why as both her weapons were on the field at the moment. It took her a moment longer than that to realize that in the charge she had taken another ax strike.

“Works for me.”

She walked over to the ax’s and picked them up before walking over to her opponent and handing them to her.

“I’m Shakka by the way.”

She said over her shoulder as she hopped off the platform to return the gauntlets to the locker she had gotten them from.

“Hey I don’t mind calling that first bit a win for you and starting a fresh match if that works for you?

enclavediv3.png

enclavediv2.png

Sparing Practice

With a smile and an unease chuckle, the Selonian moved towards the other, retrieving and sheathing her axes.
"Yeah missed with the throw but would have opened your cranium with the second. Lycia, a pleasure to meet you and to spar with you Shakka." Herself moving to the side to secure her blades before turning back. Tilting her head at the proposition.
"Aye, that's more than fair. What did you have in mind, just unarmed? grappling? test of skill and wit?" She chuckled, evidently a woman with a sense of humour.

enclavediv5.png

enclavediv2.png

Sparing Practice

Lycia grinned and nodded moving forward into the ring, readying on the other side of the ring and taking a stance. Waiting and watching, sitting on the balls of her paws. The announcement for the start came through and Lycia was moving, closing the distance and moving to get some quick strikes in on her opponent. Backing off and moving around trying to keep moving and take openings where they presented themselves.

enclavediv5.png

enclavediv3.png

Looking For A Match

Song:

And like that the fight was back on. Her opponent moved in quickly, rapid blows coming in fast; she dodged what could blocked what she couldn’t dodge. The rhythm dance had changed of course now that they were both fighting unarmed. If her experience had taught her anything this first interval of the dance would be them both feeling each other out. So she responded to the rapid strikes with hammer blows and strong strikes designed to wear her opponent down.

enclavediv3.png

enclavediv2.png

Sparing Practice
Shakka seemed to have a preference for hitting hard, dancing with firm positioning and striking at their opponent with solid blows. On the other side, Lycia could not seem to sit still, getting in and around the twi'lek able to bend her body more than most species. Their fighting style was an interesting contest as both parties settled into the dances of an extended spar, one a strong bolder, the other a flowing river.
Lycia though knew that as soon as she started taking hits she wouldn't last long, a strike going past her head as she ducked down. Shakka would quickly notice this too, her opponent was a skirmisher, trained to hit fast and get out, a quick attack on the enemy from one angle and be gone before they respond. So the Selonian needed to think and work through a way of making this woman yield without herself getting downed and equally not seriously hurting the other woman. A choke hold maybe? Lycia reasoned she could warp around the woman and get her head in a lock. With twi'leks there was a second target for her to bite but that was out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom