Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Sorgan-class Ordnance Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
832.png

7731124_orig.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a multirole ordnance ship to support fleets.
  • Image Source: Here and here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ordnance cruiser, missile cruiser, minelayer
  • Length: 1,000 m
  • Width: 350 m
  • Height: 300 m
  • Armament: High (80x Heavy Strill Universal Launch Tubes, 20x Strill Universal Launch Tubes, 10x Turbolaser turrets, 20x Coil flak guns, 40x Quad laser turrets)
  • Defenses: High (Durasteel plate, Ray shields, Particle shields, Ionic shields)
  • Hangar Space: Very Low: 3
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 2 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 1 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Central A.I. (option): While not a required add-on, the ships are made work in tandem with CST's Central A.I. system. The A.I.'s allow the ships to operate on lower crew numbers, while the ships still have their full crew ability. While it may come from past experience of having to leave their homes, the extra space the A.I. can provide allow from more flexibility. The main draw backs are the limits of what the A.I.s can handle, and that they are independent, and thinking. More like a sentient being then a computer.
  • Flak: The Sorgan-class is equipt with two different variants of flak which can be aimed carefully, or thrown out into a "wall." A standard shrapnel burst shell, and and EMP burst shell. The shrapnel shells are good at destroying fighters and munitions, while EMP flak is good at disabling targeting systems and fighters.
STRENGTHS
  • Launch tube batteries.
  • Utility.
  • Defenses.
  • Central AI can limit crew needs when installed
WEAKNESSES
  • Limited non-ordnance options.
  • Small hanger.
  • Engines are exposed.
  • Central A.I. are independent, and can decide to disobey orders, like a person.
DESCRIPTION
The Sorgan-class ordnance cruiser, nicknamed the "Sorgan Frog" for it's design, is a large cruiser designed in part by Fred Gred Fred Gred , and armed mostly with Heavy Strill universal launch tubes. These heavy launch tubes allow the cruiser to fire multiple kinds of munitions including assault concussion missiles, heavy proton torpedoes, cluster mines, and more. Along with these, 20 standard sized launchers supplement this battery, focused more on long range fighter deterrents. Some turbolasers and quadlasers backup the missile launchers, but the oddest choice is the flak guns. While this may seem like a bad idea at first, the flak battery is meant to provide close range defense, and to counter enemy munitions and fighters during reload cycles. The shells can also be tuned to detonate at mid-range, opening some munition options. Plus, the flak rounds do include ion burst shells.

Defense wise, the cruiser possesses a durasteel hull, and three shield types to help block slugs, energy bolts, and ionic weapons. Along with this, another odd feature in a hanger mounted to between the twin booms. The hanger is usually underslung, though some Sorgans have been built with upperset versions, but can only hold a small contingent of fighters, and a utility squadron. Along with this, the Sorgan-class can have a Central A.I. unit installed aboard to help easy the crew requirement of the ship, and this can often be beneficial, but it is notable that due to CST's pension for creating droids and A.I. with independent thinking, the A.I.'s can disobey order's that they feel are wrong, or could put the crew in unneeded danger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom