Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sons of Urakto | Mandalore

Verd Estate, Mandalore
Local Time: 09:38

How long had it been?

When last the sons of Urakto stood together upon the desolate world, the Galaxy was a far different place. Darkness dominated the Core. The Light was on the retreat. And, for them, this far flung wasteland was home. Mandalore was a welcome retreat from the ills of the Galaxy, a place to refresh ones soul among the vode. But now, an unease rested in the pit of the elder brother's stomach. An unease born of a matter of blood. Returning to the place of his birth...no longer gave a feeling of coming home.

But for this, he would simply have to deal.

As the blur of hyperspace came to a calculated end, Darth Metus busied himself upon the comms. His vessel, a Confederate Scimitar, announced his presence to the ground below. Their intentions were peaceful. And with diplomatic ties as their way in, the vessel would be allowed to land. The standard warnings of the planet's changes filled the cabin on descent: usage of the Force will not be tolerated and so on. And upon hearing this missive, the Sith turned around in his chair.

"Told you so." he said, with a tone that was half bemused and half disappointed. "We'll have to rough it while we're here."

Ah yes, he told him so. Just like how a certain Echani had told him not to bother with going home. [member="Srina Talon"] was the practical part of Darth Metus, the calm to his brazen. The rational to his explosions. But in this, he simply had to see "home" one last time. While Mandalorian blood yet stained his hands in recent history...while fratricidal guilt yet clouded his dreams, there was just one thing that was worth making the trip. He swore to her, on his life, two things: that he would behave and that he would come back in one piece.

If she rolled her eyes any harder, she would have fallen over.

Over the next several minutes, the Scimitar made its final approach. It was clear that, while the planet had mostly recovered from the Monroe Catalysm, there were some areas that yet struggled to return to normalcy. Some Clans had difficulty restoring their lands - and others simply started anew elsewhere on the planet. Those who shared blood with the two brothers fell into both categories all at once. Some of the once prosperous House Verd attempted to start anew, following a new Alor: [member="Keira Ticon"]. Whilst others left the planet entirely...or camped among the ashes.

It was for that stubborn remnant that sons of Urakto had come. The thud of landing gear pulverizing scorched earth heralded their arrival on the old, Verd estate. What was left of their family home was...practically nothing. Once a manor stood with many rooms, now a hovel had taken its place. Hasty in construction. Minimal in assets. They truly were as stubborn as the Ram sigil which represented them. Darth Metus led the way down the ramp, pausing once his boots crunched upon the ash. The last time he was here, he had died.

Yet here he was. Here they were. Two of Urakto's most troublesome boys had come home. And like any other time before, the din of a hammer striking metal reached their ears. It didn't matter how bad things got, some things would always remain the same.

The elder looked to the younger, a smirk upon his face. "Auntie's working the Forge. Better say hi before she makes us run laps. Again." With a chuckle on his voice, he then headed towards the broken remains of his childhood home.

[member="Darth Rixas"]

[member="Kaine Australis"]

"I assumed - and there in lies the problem. Your concern is noted. But now that I'm here, I'm certain you'll let an ally pass with no further issue, hmm?"

[member="Ember Rekali"]

<< Don't you tempt me with a good time. >>

"Ally is a strong word for men like you."

Karsan stared at Metus beneath the T-shape of his visor. He had a Clan Garon emblem placed on his shoulder now. Metus would know where the sentiment came from.

[member="Kaine Australis"] l [member="Darth Metus"]

Keira had accompanied [member="Kaine Australis"] and the Ori'rami'kade, her stake in these affairs much more personal than just another trespasser on Manda'yaim. When initial contact was made she hung back within the transport, simply observing as less than pleasant words were exchanged. It was clear then that her former kin was no friend of the people, and if you asked her it was about time that was the case. He'd had no right the first time he'd attempted to return, and he certainly had none now. The Verd recognized a new Alor, and she'd made it clear from day one that the likes of [member="Darth Metus"] had no place here. He'd made his loyalties clear, and they didn't lay with the people.

Taking a breath, she pulled on her helmet, HUD blossoming with information about her surroundings before she cleared the mess, placing primary focus on the Mandalorian welcoming party and those that opposed them. With another breath to steady herself, this one less unsteady only by a slight margin, she stepped out from the transport and into view of these supposed guests of Mandalore.

With slow, even steps she approached, stepping in front of the General himself in order to face down her former kin. "This stopped being your home a long time ago. Aliit Verd no longer recognizes you, darjetii. Ally or not, you have no place here, and your business in returning to the Verd homestead lies with me."

[member="Ember Rekali"] | [member="Karsan Calnov"]

"If you wanted to get in my pants that bad, all you had to do was ask."

He lifted his arms, ready to be frisked.

They'd find nothing but a micro-datapad and a stick of gum in his pockets. His sibling would have even less - pocket lint and a receipt for their fueling up on the way over.

The ship was stocked for a road trip. Bags of chips and boxes of condoms would be found in the compartments. A stray copy of PlayHutt in the restroom. An offworld Tabloid with garbage tier coverage of Bandomeer's wedding on the dash. The sole weapons were a pair of hold out blasters and the nachos that [member="Srina Talon"] had packed them for the ride.

All in all, nothing offensive - unless they took softcore personally.

EDIT:

"Sup Keira?"

<< Has that not always been the case for Mandalore? >>

[member="Kaine Australis"], [member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Ember Rekali"]

Amaya was no stranger to the family dynamics, usually she sided with her father.

Today, she decided no one got her respect.

It didn't take a genius to figure out her father had arrived within Mandalorian territory, she left her husband to tend to their village and arrived by her own means on the desolate rock known as Mandalore itself. She walked with her head held high, shoulders back. She feared no one, not even Kaine Australis who in her opinion was another dog of the Mand'alor who barked when ordered to do so. And now it seemed, her dear aunt Keira had joined such a ruckus. "Manners usually mean to refrain from family affairs, no?" She asked of Australis as she walked by in her usual Nabooian gowns but with an axe and a sword at her back ready to use if she needed them. She ignored the whelp of Clan Garon, he was nothing to her.

And a look at [member="Keira Ticon"], and narrowed her gaze but turned more so to her father, [member="Darth Metus"]. "I hazard a guest as to why you choose to visit her now, your timing is - strange but I suppose that's just how things are these days."

She watched as Kaine Australis left, one day he would die and by her hands, but today was not that day.

She didn't trust him - there was no reason to, and she wasn't about to start now, especially given the reservations she and her younger brother held. He was no friend of hers, and no longer family, especially not after the news that had traveled all too quickly. As if his betrayal wasn't already enough, he'd gone so far as to slay kin. That was an act not even someone like her would stoop to, unless perhaps that former kin had been declared dar'manda, and Keira had already come to terms with making that single exception.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't kill you, aside from the fact that you being unarmed would make things too easy."

[member="Amaya Cardei"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Ember Rekali"] | [member="Kaine Australis"]

Amaya chuckled but it was void of any emotion.

"Keira why you linger here gives me great trouble," she said with a cool tone, Amaya turned to the woman.

She looked at the woman who had taken her in, the woman who faded in and out of her life as it pleases her. "Last I recall you were a Ticon, spit the name Verd from your mouth. You arrived on Ryloth with ill intent, and you dare to cast the stones?" She took her sword from her back and looked at it a moment, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, surely you have heard of this, but I suppose this would require you to be around more often."

"Keira. I relieve you of your duties to House Verd, House Vi'dreya, and to any kin or land that my family owns. You and yours are no longer welcomed, if you wish to run back to that foul mouth husband of yours do so, but do not return here with threats against my father." Amaya kept her hand on the handle of the sword ready to strike at the woman. Her father would do as he pleased, he needed no weapons to show his might and Keira knew that. It seemed that whenever there was trouble for Darth Metus, Keira showed her cowardly face.

[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

"Aliit ori'shya tal'din, or do you forget that just as easily as your father forgets his family and goes so far as to kill a sister? Last I was aware you lot were dar'manda, so any claim you have to the name Verd ended when you walked away. You and yours have no claim to the name Verd, or any lands that belong to the clan. As standing Alor I believe that's my choice to make, 'lek?" With her left hand she drew her beskad, blade held at her side, a single response to the unspoken threat offered.

"I would recommend you not speak of family, since your people seem to have forgotten what that means."

No hard feelings, she's just not nice, I still love everyone here. <3

[member="Amaya Cardei"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

[member="Keira Ticon"]

"Amaya refused to follow. She has resided on Concord Dawn, faithfully, since the day of my death. Of all my children, she is the only one with a soul."

"That said, seriously, these nachos are amazing."

"You are not a Verd, and never have been but allow me to help you remember your place, schutta."

Amaya felt something within her she had not felt before but whatever it was, it unlocked what had been there for quite sometime. A darkness from Cardei, and a darkness from Verd fueled by an unknown source. The Daughter of Isley Verd, Darth Metus focused on Keira threatening to take the air from her lungs.

"Keira Ticon, you are hereby banished from our lands, our name and if you do not heed my words you will be banished from the realm of the living. I do not forget the sins of my father, but I also do not forget your sins as you so easily have dismissed. You walk from our name and lands as you please, as if your absence is acceptable. It is not, you do nothing but wallow in your pity. You drag on the name Verd for your own gain. Never have I seen you lift your hand for my father, never have I seen you raise your voice for our family." Rage began to build and fire began to consume anything it could, "so once more, be gone now or we fight and you die here, you dar'manda, self-righteous boshtek."

[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Ember Rekali"]

[ooc; all good but now we got darkside amaya, congrats guys, side note nothing is on fire, amaya's just really really really mad xD]

Kaden has heard trouble was brewing. An ally, the head of state of a federation they were political allies with, was being detained? Kaden wanted to know why.

He found the general and one of the commandos threatening the leader along with others among their own ranks. Perhaps Kaden had made the mistake of not joining the council. He had grown to hate the political games their people played amongst each other, and now it seemed the Alliance his wife, and Mand’alor had risked her life, and the life of their child, to forge was of naught. The general let him pass, but another, one he didn’t know was giving him problems.

”[member="Darth Metus"] is the Vicelord of the CIS, a political ally. The last time we tried detaining an ally, Sundari palace was destroyed because Vilaz Munin fired a wrist rocket into a crowd of our own people. Look at my face, look at my eye. That’s what happened last time.”

He looked to [member="Keira Ticon"] with his one good eye

”Don’t pull a Munin here...”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom