Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sons of Urakto | Mandalore

"I fought beside your father in the Mandalorian Crusaders, I supported his claim to the title of Sole Ruler, and he went so far as to name me his Warmaster and the single individual he trusted to govern the Crusaders aside from himself. He was the one that chose to bring me into the clan, he named me his second, and his sister. When he left, I remained to pick up the pieces." It pained her to speak of those days, of a time when she had stood beside her kin as opposed to facing them with weapon in hand.

Keira didn't rise to the threat made on her life, instead turning her head to regard [member="Kaden Mantis"] as he spoke a good-intentioned warning. She had no desire to wreak the same havoc here; at least, not on quite the same disastrous level. This was between family, and it was conflict she had a right to.

"My quarrel isn't with you, ad'ika. I don't want to spill your blood. Stand down."

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"]

"But your quarrel is with me, my dear. You spit on my father's name and you have since long before Ryloth I suspect and for reasons you have yet to resolve for yourself. You stand here proclaiming yourself ruler of nothing, that is what you are. The days of glory have past, the days of today are ahead of you and you still seek to run your head above ours? Mhmmm? You who ran away to that Corellian whelp, where were you when our people needed to be rebuilt? Where were you when our family needed you the most? No where."

Amaya leveled the blade in Keira's direction.

"Your quarrel with my father, is a quarrel with me, a quarrel with one of our blood is a quarrel with all. We stand together or not at all, and you heard me speak before - my words are true. You Keira Ticon are banished from this family, and our lands. Take your dogs and your masters, and bark at their moons, run with them and howl for their cause for you are no longer ours."

She kept the blade there even as [member="Kaden Mantis"] spoke, she knew his intent and as good as it was. Amaya would hear none of it, Keira had barked far too long and needed to be put down one way or another.

[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

"Your father is no longer Verd, and so if the name is void for me then it is for him as well. Your loyalty lies elsewhere, not with the people, and you have nothing to truly lose here." Her grip shifted on the handle of her weapon, and she prepared herself for whatever fight lay ahead. In her lifetime Keira had witnessed family turn against itself, and so had willed it never to happen again, for her people couldn't stand any more fracturing than they had already suffered. If Amaya had remained when her father walked then she was still family, and she had no desire to tear the Verd apart more than they presently were.

"If you still claim yourself Mandalorian, then you should know that we do not kneel. I may follow the Mand'alor, but I bend the knee to no one."

Her gaze strayed to [member="Darth Metus"], and she inclined her head just slightly. "It would be in your best interests to have your daughter stand down, Isley. This is between you and me, and no one else."

[member="Amaya Cardei"]

"There is no quarrel, Keira. You are only Mandalorian where and when it serves you best. You claim lordship over the Clan - claim ownership over whatever this conversation is - but in the same breath spit in the face of the Resol'nare? You do not bow, and you only follow when it suits your ideals. Otherwise, you leave as you always have. You talk and carry yourself the same as the Council that allowed Mandalore to crumble in the first place."

"Your quarrel is an empty as your claim as Alor. You are not greater than the Empire that has now welcomed me to their home."

"For once, shut the actual feth up and move."

[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"]

"I don't know how things work in your Confederacy, but here we don't bow our head and follow blindly. The Sole Ruler is a wartime leader, else they guide loosely. The clans have autonomy, or do you forget our ways so easily?" For once Keira didn't allow her emotions to consume her, her voice forceful but level, quietly commanding. "Bold of you to speak as if you understand our ways, after your betrayal. You've already demonstrated you know nothing of the Resol'nare, kinslayer. But please, continue to educate me of my people's ways."

This was years in the making, and it was only just now coming to a head. "You're the one who walks away as he pleases and returns as if he owns the place. You want me to move? Make me."

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"]

How easily they seemed to forget.

Alkor stood in his beskar'gam behind [member="Kaine Australis"], behind [member="Keira Ticon"], and watched the madness unfold. That [member="Darth Metus"] was not shot dead upon arrival was less than amusing. The Resol'nare was an exceptionally clear set of laws. Protect your family- Isley failed to do that. He walked away from it. Alkor had once made the mistake of walking with him.

Never again.

He patch through to Kaine's helm discreetly with a few microexpressions and spoke to the General quietly. "You know this man by now, vod. By his name, his repute, and possibly even from previous meetings. He is no friend to the people save when it benefits him."

His eyes remained on Isley, but his once dark and familiar presence was gone- the armored man stood taller, bulkier, and significantly dead in the Force than the Alkor Isley had called brother. He would not know him, nor would he feel anything from him. None of the false Verd would.

Keira took a more direct path toward condemning them. Alkor didn't make threats. He never moved for his weapons. He didn't need to. The command would come precisely when it needed to, and not before.

"I was there beside him when he denounced our people, called us weak, and vaunted the shabla Force. I listened to his words as he said we were deluded, renamed himself Sith, and became the soulless creature you see here. He will wear any face he needs, turn his cloak to whatever colors suit him, and spit on the allies he takes on a whim. Family means nothing to him. Friendship is hollow and fickle in his eyes."

He let out a breath. This emotional nonsense just wasn't for him. If it were Alkor's call, the trigger would have been pulled before talking ever began. "That's my report, sir."

"Ticon," Alkor called out, voice neutralized to a mechanical monotone. "For once, let's let Mand'alor make this decision."

Her beskad was sheathed in the following seconds, pistol replacing the blade and leveling itself at Isley's head in the following seconds. Only the words of her younger brother stayed her finger from tensing on the trigger, and begrudgingly Keira lowered the ripper, holstering it at her side. Turning, she moved to stand beside her brother - the only true family she had left - breath hissing between her teeth in a futile attempt to calm her nerves. As much as she didn't want to admit it, Alkor was right. It would be best to let Mand'alor have the final say in this dispute, as much as she wanted to end things here and now with a bullet.

"Fine. But he's a dead man walking, as far as I'm concerned. They all are." She swallowed hard. "Let's bring this to Mand'alor, then."

[member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

"The General hasn't given you leave to walk, dar'jetii," Alkor called over his shoulder toward [member="Darth Metus"] . "You submit to the search, and they're satisfied with it, no one will stop you. Continue on your present course, and there will be ramifications."

He looked over to the precession and wondered at how they would respond. Thanks to the Ysalamiri on hand, Force Use was a non issue- and it was illegal on Manda'yaim now, besides.

Any such usage would result in Mandalorian Law being brought down like a hammer.

Kaine stepped back.

Strange taste in travelling supplies, but nothing untoward, unfriendly, or otherwise malicious. Maybe he was just here to visit his shabla aunt. These days, Manda'yaim didn't take chances. Having the planet nuked, having the Alliance burn your forests on Myrkr, some sister-killing shabuir walking in the front door, Mandos weren't gonna just whistle and let that slide.

You can stay. Mandalore welcomes you. Can't say the same for all the individuals present. If you need any assistance, me and the boys will be over here.

Have a nice visit.

Kaine wandered over to his boys, watching to see what would happen next.
"I thought Mandalorians had long memories."

"The one who just searched my person and my ship, is he not your general? Was his clearance not enough?"

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

Alkor shrugged. "Fair," it wasn't his business to interfere more than that. He didn't care to. As offensive as it was to see Isley walk unfettered around Manda'yaim, Kaine had allowed it. With a dismissive flick of his wrist, he gave the man leave to do as he wanted.

"But before you go, Isley," he said, "Metus, whatever you're calling yourself now-"

Alkor turned to look his direction. "Let's not pretend you have any attachments to this place, or these people. They might not know what you are, but I do. Take what you want and go. They have suffered enough."

He took a step back to rejoin the Ori'ramikade. "The only reason you're not dead is because, of all the Verd, Keira actually has Honor. You should be thanking her."

[member="Darth Metus"]

Amaya smiled and looked over at [member="Alkor Centaris"], "and here yet walks another corpse, who speaks so boldly and yet walks another path of the loss who barks a name he does not own."

"Mandalorians have long memories when it serves them, father you know this much, you share the very same habit." She chided, the winds were cold on this day she lowered her blade, "but know this Keira and to you, cross me and mine again, and it shall be your last. We are kin no longer." Something dark ran through her hands it coursed through her body whatever outsider touched the force within her. "So let us not pretend that you have any attachments to us, clearly we don't know you."

The Nabooian stowed her blade back and looked at Keira with disgust. This woman spat in the face of the Resol'nare, they were Ticons not Verd and it would be written as such.

"Come father, let us see our aunt."

[member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

Karsan was tempted to ask about these so called 'nachos' but decided against it. He had his reservations about Clan Verd (he hated them), but he decided to pace around, the rifle across his chest marking his points in the conversation more than anything.

He spoke after a while.

"Clan Verd is about as Mandalorian as the Silver Jedi nowadays, anyway."

Like a ghost out of thin air, Jaster appeared next to Generals [member="Kaine Australis"] and [member="Kaden Mantis"], husband to the Mand'alor. His little informants had told him of a possible battle between more Mandalorians. He did not want to miss such a cool event.

However, it seemed such a thing had stopped and he just appeared into existence. "Hey, Kaine, What I miss?"

He did see the whole thing, and the whole exchange was interesting to him and he truly wanted to see the exchange of combat between [member="Keira Ticon"] and [member="Amaya Cardei"]. All clans only had one Alor, a chief to lead their family to a path of honor and other Family goals. For a family to have a split and two claiming that title, Jaster was enjoying the show from the shadows. The main centered person in this whole ordeal was [member="Darth Metus"], or Isley Verd known to those who lived long enough. Jaster had lived through all these legends and observed it all from a distance, and fought in the wars. To challenge Isley, or now Metus, was not a smart move unless willing to swing two nations into war.

The whole chance of this interaction happening was astronomical, so it could only get better. "General Kaden, want some." He offered a pouch of Gundark Jerky. Cooked up after a recent hunt he went on and one of his favorite snacks.

[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Darth Metus did not stay long.

He, like any good nephew, was subjected to one hell of an earful. For one, he never called, he never checked on her, and for kark's sake he killed his sister. That was worth a good, old fashioned beat down with a sandal and washing the last month's worth of dishes. Twice. With his penance paid and a fond farewell, the Vicelord then returned to the Confederacy in peace.

Shortly thereafter, a missive would arrive to Mand'alor the Infernal's personal terminal. ([member="Yasha Mantis"])

It was not everyday that an ally went home and was met with blasters pointed at his skull. And once the Viceroyalty caught wind of what had transpired, the decision was unanimous.

Relations were no more.

There was no threat of war, but there was no hand of friendship. No trade. No collaboration.

Simply co-existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom