Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone…or something…has been biding its time – The Republic Dominion of Cyrillia

LLS-3 Dodonna-class Interceptor Silver Eagle 5, outskirts of the Cyrillia System

A flight of Dodonna Interceptors flitted around the edge of the asteroid field, with its starfighters weaving around the denser rocks of the asteroid belts. It had become a sort of contest, with each flight of Republic starfighters endeavoring to become the first to reach the asteroid base. Lieutenant Nixten, also known as Silver Eagle 5, had taken his flight through what he thought would be the most direct route, but found his flight encountering asteroids the size of heavy cruisers. He pulled his yoke to the rear, taking his craft in a climb to run parallel with one of the larger oncoming rocks.

Lieutenant Nixten whistled as he eyed is craggy face, "Look at the size of those things..."

"Five," chirped a tiny voice through his comlink, "I thought you guys wouldn't be impressed after all that bragging you've done. Too big for you too handle?"

"It's just right," shot back the lantillian, "I can't help that you guys are all physics challenged."

"Or smart."

"Cut the chatter," sighed yet another voice, "Second flight, looks like you're about to win this, assuming you don't make a colossal screw-up. Good luck, and don't hesitate to fall back if you're outnumbered."

"Yes sir," said Nixten with a smile.

He deftly tugged his yoke to the right, feeling the inertial compensators easily adjust for the maneuver. the flight swung around the massive asteroid towards the rusty-colored rock outlined in red on his HUD. Looks abandoned...As if to dispel that notion, a pair of bright orange concussion missiles leapt out at him from a smaller asteroid in front of him. Instinctively he pulled the trigger, unleashing twin red streams of blaster fire at the oncomiing missiles. The first exploded under his withering fire, but the second was intercepted by the fire of his wingman, a tiny sullustan. He breathed a sigh of relief, not that he'd ever admit that to anyone.

"Nice shooting Cogs," said the man.

But as his eyes turned to the asteroid base again, he could see dozens of new tiny gray and tan flecks rapidly approaching them. His HUD was beginning to highlight them as unfriendly based on their transponder signals. Oh come one...

"Eagle Lead, we're coming back to you, there's a ton of hostiles inbound, I count at least two dozen so far, various types, including at least a couple of uglies..."

"Thank the maker you're not a Corellian," swore Eagle Lead, "activate your jammers and get out of there. We'll be upon you soon."

[member="Ric Ardellian"]

***​
Stormfire-class Assault Frigate Audacious, Cyrilia System

"Sir, the Arcenau Trading Company ship is hailing again," said Herson, swiveling in his chair to face the blonde man, "doesn't look like they've made contact with anyone yet."

Gir frowned. While he didn't really feel empowered to deal with a civilian authority while a higher-ranking officer was present, he felt it wouldn't do to have an ally waiting on them. Maybe the other ships are having communication problems, or the threat on that suspected Hutt vessel is keeping their hands full. He rapidly punched in a series of commands to his console, bringing up the ETA of the Audacious and her fellow frigates as they trudged through the outer reaches of the asteroids towards the asteroid belt. There's still plenty of time, and sometimes the strategic diplomatic concerns outweigh the tactical. He turned his blue-eyed gaze to the lanky man.

"Patch me through to their vessel on a direct line, if you can manage."

"Aye sir...you're up."

Gir cleared his throat and readjusted his headset comlink, "Captain La'tyr, this is Commodore Gir Quee of the Republic Navy. Welcome to the Cyrillian system, I apologize that we have kept you waiting...there have been some...ah, unexpected complications. Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated by both the Republic and the citizens of Cyrillia. What sort of aid do you have at your disposal, captain?"

The commodore could make some guesses at what the captain had available, though he did not want to make any assumptions. Quee guessed that the cargo ships could be carrying anything from foodstuffs and basic necessities to medical supplies to various types of droids to maybe even corporate security teams. even the basic ships themselves could help move refugees around or provide evacuation off of the planet. All of these possibilities could be potentially useful, depending on the situation at hand. It looks like the ATC might be our wild card today...

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Objective: Find a toy store. Raid it.
Allies: [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

As the boy felt the all-too-familiar sensation of getting jerked back into line by his chick knight master, all he could think was:

Busted.

Even still , as Zak went one way, the xenophobe that had been barreling at him found only a solid wall waiting for him. Which, any other time, Zak would have felt bad for the sleemo.

No. Not really. Not so much.

But, as the sleemo went head-first into the wall, the young Nautolan found himself back in the grip of his master. And then on her shoulders. Which, was actually a good strategy to prevent him from sneaking away again. Though, that didn't mean the youngling wouldn't make the attempt.

For now though, his attention was sufficiently elsewhere.

"How did you do that?" the boy inquired, as he looked at the five credits in his hand and hadn't understood, at all, just what had happened between the Jedi and the bookie.

"So Zak, did you find out anything about that cult while you were in there?"

"I dunno. I don't think so," the youngling offered, already bored with the assignment. He wanted to know more about that hand wavey thingy. He could totally use that in a candy store to score loot. "There were, like... There were these three guys -- I think they were human -- and they had this box or crate or something. It had a bunch of wires and a chronometer thing on it."

Pausing, the Nautolan's eyes narrowed as he realized there had been something strange about that. "Except... Except, like, you know how, like, chronometers an' stuff count up the time? This was counting down," the boy mused aloud, peering down at the woman as he asked, "Isn't that weird?"

Turning his head back up, the boy turned to look back toward the stadium. "Anyway, the humans weren't happy to see me. They kinda tried to grab me... and I kinda, maybe, kicked their butts. But cultist? You can ask them," the Nautolan went on to explain, stretching an arm out to point at a group of five men, at least one of whom was brandishing a blaster toward the pair. "They're right... oh, there's two more of them now!"

Objective(s): 1. Keep this kid in the mission 2. defeat the twits pointing dangerous weapons at people 3. find and defuse the bomb 4. Gather info. on this stupid cult

Allies: [member="Zak Dymo"]

"I dunno. I don't think so,"
Nefertari should have known her padawan hadn't paid attention. For now, she would give the tyke the benefit of the doubt about kicking their butts.

"There were, like... There were these three guys -- I think they were human -- and they had this box or crate or something. It had a bunch of wires and a chronometer thing on it. Except... Except, like, you know how, like, chronometers an' stuff count up the time? This was counting down,"
"Wait, what?! Zak, it is time for your first rescue mission. That box with wires is no doubt a bomb, the people here are in very real danger."
The knight quickly adjusted her padawan's training saber when she saw the group of thugs coming at them with blasters.
"Ready for a real battle? Remember your training, and take it to them." Nef could tell the Nautolan was raring to go. She set him down
One man looked like the ringleader. Nefertari quickly unclipped her lightsaber. The familiar whoosh-hiss of her trusty pink blade echoed through the room as the humanocentric punks opened fire.
Deflect, dodge, weave...dodge, weave, deflect The countess thought
Most of the blaster bolts hit the walls, one of the thugs got their ear deflectively shot off with a bolt sent back by Zak.
"Good job!"
Having worked her way over, the Jedi swung her lightsaber in a simple disarming slash, taking out a blaster and well...it's not called the disarming slash for nothing.

"Where'd mah blaster go?"
Nefertari grinned at him and pointed toward the ground, the man let out a scream and fainted from shock when he saw that his arm was off.
"Keep it up, Zak! The sooner we beat these sleemos, the more time we'll have to find and disable that bomb!"

The men suddenly found the ground very interesting – it was like children having been caught stealing candy from the local store. Finally one of the men cleared his throat.

“Me, Jedi. What will you do with us?”

Corvus gave him a stern look. “Arrest you of course, what did you expect?” She saw them all visibly relax and wondered what they were anticipating.

“Now, tell me what’s been done, where and how long we’ve got to deal with it.”

The men looked at each other, clearly deciding what to say. One of the others went to speak but Corvus held up a hand. “You,” she pointed at the leader. “You will tell me. And unlike the previous experience,” she waggled the blaster before dropping it in a waste-bin, “I only expect to ask the once.”

The man sighed audibly and then listed a number of explosives as well as a couple of attacks on the computer systems. Corvus nodded as he spoke. When it appeared he’d finished, she called in the systems issues and then relayed the positions of the various explosive devices to anyone on the premises.

“Thank you,” she said and with Uri, handcuffed them all. “Now, excuse us…time is pressing.”

As she exited the room she looked at Uri. “We’ll need to split up. Nothing too heroic, they seem to have an simple on-off switch and we know approximately where they are. Trust in the Force to tell you precisely.”

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"]

Objective: Find the bomb. Save the world. DO NOT kiss the girl (ew, gross!)
Adult Supervision Brought To You By: [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

"Good job!"

His master seemed excited. Well, he was glad someone was having fun with this, because the Nautolan was FREAKING OUT.

Getting into real lightsaber fights was a concept that sounded really, really cool.

Reality check: This poodoo sucked. This poodoo sucked hard.

The moment that the youngling activated the lightsaber that Nefertari had given him, he could feel the difference. The power radiated from out of the crystal inside of the hilt, oscillating in waves of energy which made his head-tails stand on end. This wasn't a toy. This wasn't something he could wave around in the dueling games younglings played.

Without even being conscious of what he was doing, the boy spun the amber blade in his hands as he jumped into the air. Twisting sharply, the boy angled his blade. The lightsaber intersected a stray blaster bolt that had been aimed at Nefertari.

At the Academy, they didn't really teach much about where the blaster bolts went after you deflected them. Especially when learning the basics of Shii-cho, the point was to deflect the blaster bolts. Soresu would refine that somewhat, but only Shien really explored using the Force to control what happened to the blaster bolt AFTER it was bounced back.

Zak's very nearly took the man's head off. It did take his ear off.

The boy's green skin went pale as his eyes grew wide with the realization of what had happened.

"The sooner we beat these sleemos, the more time we'll have to find and disable that bomb!"

Bomb? What bom... Oh, yeah. That bomb. "Uh... right," the youngling answered, gulping down air as he apprehensively returned to weaving his blade through the air, carefully bouncing the blaster bolts. In short order, the pair stood amid a mass of unconscious humans, some of whom were missing limbs.

Shutting down the lightsaber, and oddly thankful to be putting it away, the boy's hands were shaking as he went barreling back into the stadium. Now where had he seen that box thing? It'd had been when he'd been looking for the refresher... which was...

"This way," the Nautolan chimed, running off again.

Objective: Find the bomb. Save the world.
Adorable Ally: [member="Zak Dymo"]

"This way,"
Nefertari trusted her padawan. If he knew where this was, she would follow.
The bet taker avoided the two Jedi as they entered the stadium again, Nef's mind trick had worked wonders.
At least now he won't blow his credits betting on the races

"Be careful, young one" Nefertari said to Zak "There may be more imbeciles here"
It was obvious something was troubling the little Nautolan, and Nef wasn't really surprised.
They began the search for the bomb.

Objective: Pass the Explosive Wiring 101 Final Exam
Exam Proctor: [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

"There may be more imbeciles here."

She was wise to be cautious. They would never find a more rancid hive of scum or poodoo. The Chandrilla woman's words reached the youngling, as he continued the exploration of the stadium's darkest, dankest, and most dangerous depths.

A public men's restroom.

"I don't... Like, I don't think so, Master," the boy murmured, his black eyes reflecting his face as he turned to look back at her. "The sleemos I saw were all running away from here," the youngling explained, as he looked forward again. As best he could tell, these Pius Dea people were afraid. That was the whole reason for their ideology. It was belief based on fear. "I... I, like, think they didn't want to be around when, like, it went ka-boom-y or stuff."

Making his way toward the back of the filthy refresher, the small Nautolan pushed open the door to the very last refresher stall. Inside, graffiti was scrawled on the wall which offered the services of a Pa'lowick. Three broken shells, some bodily fluid, and brackish water surrounded the refresher itself, on which a sizable crate was stacked. Wires lined the exterior, originating from out of a timer device that was counting down.

"I've dropped some cherry bombs into the refresher in the Temple," the Nautolan admitted, stepping aside to allow Nefertari access to the object. "...but I don't think they're trying to turn the toilet into a geyser."

Orick shook his head as he entered the rigged cargo bay, the marines had secured the area while the Devaronian attempted to disarm the explosives. Troopers were dragging the wounded into the cargo bay as the one medic tied to manage their wounds. The chief Stood ni the middle of the room barking orders to the remaining marines, " Get those doors covered, interlocking fields of fire. If anything moves without identifying itself first, mow it down." The chief turned and walked over to where the bomb was at and frowned. "Lanos, how's it coming along" He said in a soft voice.

" Not good chief, this is a pretty complex setup. This is going to take some time." The marine replied, trying to concentrate on not blowing everyone up.

"Chief, your people aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Give me one guy and i'll continue forward. You stay here and hold the cargo bay while your man handles the bomb." Orick says as he walks up the the chief.

Chief Rawnuka turned and frowned, he knew the man was right, but he didn't; want to admit it. " Chuka, get over here" He said as a small female cathar walked up. "Go with mister t'ane here and push forward. Do not, I repeat do not engage enemy forces if you feel overwhelmed. Recon the passageways and report back." He turned back to Orick, " Do not piss me off T'ane. I heard about you're wild adventure with Admiral Tyven. if you pull that druk with my people, I'll make you regret ever being born." He turned and began moving people to cover all of the access points.

Orick turned to Chuka and smiled, " Lets go cause some trouble." He hefted the borrowed rifle and turned towards the passageway leading away from the direction they approached.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

((ooc: sorry guys, I entirely forgot about this thread, luckily [member="Dair Cotarin"] reminded me!!)

It was getting hot behind that crate, Kian had to admit. But then he heard the words of another yelling ([member="Dair Cotarin"]) for the mercenaries to stand down. He also heard the manic that was firing the fire at him begin to scream at the newcomer. Whoever this guy was, Kian was certain he wasn't all there.

Kian planned on rushing out to aid, and then he saw the flash as another assailant ([member="Break"] ) joined the fight. Time seemed to slow as Kian watched the flash of the barrel and the plasma ball rushed out of the gun. Kian had no time to thing. No Time to worry about the backlash of using the force as it was still acting strange. Instead he thrust his hands forward releasing a wave of force energy that sent the hot crates rushing forward toward the flamerthrower wielder ([member="James M Parker"]).

The crate shot forward in between the plasma ball and the padawan. Kian wasn't aware of the explosion of metal however, as when he'd let out the blast of force energy, he was thrown backwards as a result of the unstable nature of the force at the moment. He flew backwards, and unable to use the force to grace his fall, hit the wall behind him with enough force to take the air out of his lungs. Kian slumped to the ground for a moment, his ears ringing as he watched the crate shatter under the blast and spray small pieces of shrapnel in all directions.

After a few moments, Kian was finally able to regain his feet. He turned and rushed forward toward the man who had fired the plasma canon, unwilling to let them concentrate their fire on the man who had come to help him.

"We are here on Republic business, you need to stand down!" Kian order, bringing his lightsaber up in front of him defensively as he closed the distance with the man.

VCX Feighter Plainswalker, outskirts of the Cyrillia system

"Woah there, boy!"

Travot spared a glance at the jumpy marine, "My flying's not that bad, sergeant."

He turned his gaze to the battle in front of them. Dozens of Republic and criminal starfighters weaved in and out of tumbling rocks of the asteroid belt, exchanging bursts of laser fire and the occasional concussion missile or proton torpedo. Two klicks in front of the Plainswalker, a brief explosion flared up where a pair of Republic concussion missiles had met a tan Cloakshape fighter. The explosion receded to toss charred metal debris towards the light freighter. If had just been him, Travot would have simply taken the freighter in a tight loop around the debris, but he wasn't. Instead, he had a bunch of republic marines, sailors and several other people in interested in boarding the asteroid base in his hold. Some of them, like that sergeant, had not enjoyed some of his maneuvers so far. Ravenna flicked a switch on the cockpit dashboard.

"Tens, shoot that wreckage out of the way, someone can't contain themselves down here about some of my flying."

"Should have told him the ride was optional then," chortled the sailor manning his ship's turret, "I got it."

A pair of red streams shot out from the craft to chew through the debris, allowing the Plainswalker to gently glide through the battle. An alarm began to beep incessantly, causing the susevfian to turn his gaze to the threat awareness indicator. He watched as a positively ancient Tie fighter swooped in from behind an asteroid to lash out laser fire on the Plainswalker's stern. Shields should hold that off for a little bit...but still...He flipped a switch on his com dashboard.

"This is Plainswalker, I'd be obliged if someone came in wiped off that Tie that's taken to tailing me."

"I've got it," said a disembodied voice, "Plainswalker, Silver Eagle Three and Four en route to you."

He watched as a pair of republic interceptors swooped towards him. Twin streams of autoblaster fire jetted out from the craft towards the Tie fighter, but the pirate craft deftly looped away out of the fire to disappear back into the asteroid belt. Silver Eagle Three and Four jetted past the Plainswalker to pursue the criminal craft deeper into the belt. Once again unmolested by enemy fire, Travot turned his attention back to their destination, the asteroid base. It loomed in front of them. His eyes scanned the rocky body.

"Wow."

"Hm?" said the sergeant.

"The doors are still open," said Travot, "I'd thought they'd close them."

"The silver eagles blew up the hydraulics earlier in the battle," said the sergeant, "you'd know that if you were paying attention to the comm's."

"Sorry, I've been a bit busy trying to not hit asteroids..."

"Fair point," admitted the marine, "but the magcon field is still up. I wonder what we'll find there..."

Dair spun away from the flare of the flamethrower and behind the pillar. He could feel the air heat almost instantly as the plasma flames split around the pillar. When he spun around he was facing [member="break"] and saw the plasma ball hurtling for him. Instinctively he brought his arm up to cover his face, not sure what he could do to stop the roiling ball of plasma. The box hit the ball and both exploded into superheated shrapnel, which cut through the cloak and more minimal parts of Dair's armor to score singing cuts and impale him in places. His adrenaline up, Dair barely felt them, however, and a small part of his mind took note and knew that he'd be paying for that later.

He saw Master Kian charge at the man who had fired the plasma ball, [member="break"] (I think, if not, let me know and I will edit my post). Almost at the same time, the rest of the boxes interposed themselves with the stream of plasma fire that [member="James M Parker"] had been focusing on Dair. Working from the mental space that moved based on instinct and the Force, Dair rushed out of hiding, using some of the Force to speed his movements. Dair had not used so much power before, not while the Force was acting up, and his use of Force speed hurtled him beyond his destination and into the wall at the far side. Only the training he had received saved him, as he turned his forward momentum into upward momentum and ran a little bit up the wall, then tucked into a ball and rolled down it, landing behind a dormant cargo mover. He sat up and put bis back to the machine, peering around the edge to see what was going on.

[member="Kian Karr"]

The plasma ball was intercepted that was clear but it did some damage. He watched as the padawan scrambled for cover. He smiled the padawan did not go down so easily...Break wouldn't feel right if he did. He also noted [member="Kian Karr"] running at him with light saber ready. Break merely let go of his Nexu letting it fall to his hip and drew his vibro-katana with his free hand then defensively pointed it at Kian, all the while not directly looking at him...or not appearing to be, the helmet gave him full view of both Jedi. "Step no further or the next shot takes off his head." He said rather calmly. "Give me a reason." the hum of the Canon was the only thing cutting the silence after that.
The Canon was at full power now and the yellow energy emanated from the gun still pointed at the padawan. The Jedi may have a problem with the force but He was naturally strong and faster than they. Given the opportunity (and if there ever was one, this was definitely it) he could take them both individually the only thing that would give them the edge was their numbers. Break wasn't alone however and this fight had fairly good odds.

Rexus Drath

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Dair Cotarin"] [member="Break"]

Lifting his head up Parker saw his little droid companion and grinned widely that he was joining the fight, he shot off a bolt of plasma and the room exploded once it had collided with the box. Flying backward Parker let out a lithium laced laugh as he slammed into a wall with a heavy thud and a crack of a rib. He was of course so high that he could barely feel anything but damage had been done.

"OH THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!" Parker screamed and lifted up his plasma thrower to see that it was scrapped.

Letting out a scream of frustration Parker threw the worthless piece of junk to the ground then quickly picked up his outlaw shotgun that was clipped to the side of his pants. With a metallic click clack of mechanical parts he chambered a shell of buckshot into the weapon through the lever action and stood up.

"HEY JEDI!! SHOVE YOU'RE PRECIOUS REPUBLIC AND BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE!!" Letting his shotgun dangle from the strap he lifted up two orange spheres and pulled their pins with his teeth.

Two pins fell to the floor and Parker threw down a pair of napalm B grenades. The kind that burns for ten minutes straight and catches everything around it on fire. The grenades hit the ground about ten to twenty feet away from everybody and their glass casing shattered and flames sprouted up from the pool of the liquid and heat began to pour into the factory quickly lighting oil slicks and other crates on fire.

"LETS ALL BURN TOGETHER!!" The madman Parker laughed that Arkham Asylum bellows and cackles before lifting up his shotgun to point it at the Jedi [member="Kian Karr"] and firing a two birdshot rounds at him as he moved. It was a moving target but with a spread like a birdshot that didn't matter so much, it sacrificed hitting power for spread after all with all it's miniature metallic balls.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52369-the-outlaw-shotgun/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/53533-napalm-grenade/

Uri nodded at the mention of explosives that needed disarmed and how easy they were to do so. Well, look at the geniuses who placed them. Uri didn't dwell on it. He was more worried about to the force however and trusting it. He trusted his master however and they had a mission on hand. "I'll take these quadrants. Keep in touch, yeah?"

His last sentence could have been a statement or a question. His tone and pitch that he took with it allowed for either. It was a mix of his concern for going on his own and also leaving his masters side. Not like his concern would do either of them any good. She could handle herself that wasn't the problem. His confidence in himself however... It was higher when he knew she had his back. He pointed before moving out slipping around the conveyer belts and mechanical arms. The task was simple enough: Locate the bombs, hit the switch, go to the next one. He almost passed the first one as it blinked above him. The idiots had some how placed it on the bottom of a catwalk. Not so stupid after all? Uri found the stairs to the cat walk then held on to the railing with his ankles in order to be able to reach it. Part of him wonder if he should have looked to see if there was a ladder first. Didn't matter now. He was able to reach the mechanism from there. He used his arms to shimmy himself back over the rail then got his communicator out, "Master Corvus, one down."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

As Dair looked around the edge of the giant mover, he saw flames licking up everywhere in the warehouse. The madman was cackling again and Dair's only thought about him was he wished he could get him some help. Obviously the man was in need of some psychiatry. He took a few steps back from the mover, to keep as far from the flames as he could. His large form became covered in a riotous conflagration of light and shadow. When he relit his lightsaber, the majority of the shadows vanished, and his face was limned in blue once again.

That was when he noticed that the strange armored form was pointing that cannon hand at him again, a telltale yellow glow emanating from the barrel announced the possibility of another plasma ball. Dair readied his mind to reach for the Force, better to have some mishap than to be burned to death. He then decided to try a different tactic with the armored figure.

"It is mildly obvious what the cackling man gets out of this, but why are you attacking us?" Dair said, pulling his voice from his diaphragm to give it the extra volume it needed to be heard over where Master Kian and the armored figure were facing off. All the while he kept a wary eye on the cackling man. Such unbalance could indeed be more dangerous than calculated violence.

[member="James M Parker"] | [member="Break"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

Objective: Get rid of that bomb without blowing everybody sky high
Ally: The Padawan Menace himself; [member="Zak Dymo"]

That box was a bomb alright.
"Stupid Xenophobes" Nefertari whispered to herself as she stepped forward to take a look at what she and her padawan were trying to disable.
The Jedi gazed at the display for a quick moment before jumping back
​"(Gunganese expletive) Thirty seconds left, not enough time to cut the proper wires. Zak, do you think you can launch this thing into the air? At this point we have no choice but to detonate it."

Nefertari's Idea was to blast it while it was in the sky. Most of the fans were drunk enough to think the explosion was fireworks.

[member="Dair Cotarin"] / [member="James M Parker"] / [member="Kian Karr"]

Breaks cannon sat unwavering pointed at the padawan as his blade was still pointed at Kian. He spoke clearly as to let the padawan hear his words.
"Credits." He said with a somewhat matter of fact tone.
"And unfortunately for you, you two were the first I've seen all day."
The flames were starting to rise around his position...that idiot maniac was going to fry them all at this rate. He looked to Kian. Who was still heading for the HRD'S position. Break began to make his own way to the padawan. He bounded over the flames starting to move towards his old position. Landing closer to the padawan. He would leave the master to James.
"I have orders to take you alive or dead. Take your pick." He said taunting the padawan.

"Mercenary ideal..." Dair said in a completely dead pan tone, almost as if it was a thought that just happened to escape from his mouth. He was backing away as Break moved towards him, not at the same speed, but enough to keep some distance. If that cannon fired, he wanted as much time to react as possible. He kept his lightsaber in a defensive position. "There are always more credits to be had. The Republic owns the skies and surrounding space. Are a few credits worth getting fried over?"

There was something strange about this adversary. It might be the disturbances happening to the force, but Dair could only barely feel anything from the armored figure. He wasn't familiar with a lot of droid models, but he started to wonder if he was dealing with one.

[member="Break"] | [member="James M Parker"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

"Don't you worry about me. I have my own ways around your kind" he chuckled.
But the answer was no, he was already seriously loaded and really didn't need the credits but any chance to kill a Jedi was reason enough to take a job.

He loosed the plasma ball at the padawan. 2 charged shots down and he's only got one full power shot left before he'd have to reload this clunking monster of an arm.
As the plasma flew through the air towards it's target Break readied another shot. "5% power" the Canon read as he put his arm in position again as the numbers climbed Break slowly made his way towards the padawan. Terminator-like (whatever the heck that was) and driven.

[member="Dair Cotarin"] / [member="James M Parker"] / [member="Kian Karr"]

"You know, there was once a legend a bout a man trying to fly. He created beautiful wings out of materials from Endor and Alderaan. Even so far as to get upon one of skyscrapers and jumping. At first it looked like it was working, then the wings broke and he plummeted toward the ground. For a few agonizing seconds he fell unti it all ended and he was gone... Do you want to know what that feels like?" He smiled at the cultist that had tried to run from Solan, one by one he had been hunting them down, without mercy or holding back he held this one by his shirt and just bare over the edge while he knelt there. "Hmm?" The man looked pale white, knowing Solan would and could. "Where is the next group?"

"Ov-over at the safehouse three miles north. Please, let me go..." Solan laughed and leaned in as he looked at the man's eyes. "As someone else has said before, poor choice of words." With that he let go and watched the man fall as his own body cloaked itself in his robe and illusion, his scythe on his back. It was time he moved on to the next group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom