Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Swordplay is in Need

The crowds expectant drone slowly hushed as word of the challenger was sent ahead. Then a well muscled man steps forward carrying a wicked looking curved sword with rings in its blade, his hair was woven into dreadlocks and an old scar ran down his face from his left temple across his nose and ending near his right lower cheek.

"Who comes issuing the challenge?"

Morna saw the man and knew instantly why his master sent him here. It was to fight a man that was larger than him and win. He would do all he could to kill him. "Morna is my name, and I challange you to a Duel to the death." Morna kept it short. he didnt want to seem like he was a loud mouth and brag about getting a new master. so he just simply stated it. he wanted a Duel.

"Then I shall grant it to you." The ritual words spoken, people back away as the Abbot and Morna prepared to do battle. The ring sword jingled softly as he lofted it over his shoulder and gave it a free practice swings, each arc slowly becoming faster than the last, until the blade was nothing more than a blur of silver moving rapidly in an arc around the temple master.

Without warning he charged at the challenger before he could raise his guard, drawing a thin of blood from the cut he inflicted on the younger man's cheek.

Morna was sent aback by how fast the man was. He would just have to slow down now. Monra used a fire blast at them man. He may have not expected it but morna charged after the fire bolt to attack his prey. Morna would move faster than mosts humans. He would be moving as fast as the force itself. he had spent along time in chambers meditating on the force like his Cabal had told him, but this was when he would have to put it to the test.

Despite the speed of which Morna was capable of, the warrior was much faster his razor sharp blade nicking the challenger, over and over again with only the chime of the rings to note the passage of the blade. Soon he was covered and bleeding from over a dozen shallow wounds, fatigued and tired while the priest had nary a scratch on him. "Who sent you pup?" He asked as he prepared to make another attack run.

Morna felt tired. He was wearing out form the constand fighting, but he had to continue. He answerd the man, "I dont Know his name. All i know is that he is a Zabrak in Purple power armor." Morna knew the man was going to lure him with words so he could strike. Eveybody tried to do it. Morna was gathering heat from the room making it slightly colder. He needed to make himself not be hit out of fear or just by blocking. He used his power to make his body on fire just like he did when he was in the bar. He did the same with his sword. Not wanting to waste seconds that could be used in killing the man Morna charged him, with strike that would spear hin though the gut.

"Master Bane sends me another one to train eh?" Moving impossibly fast, he slams the flat of his blade into the young man's face causing him to black out from the pain. As he collapses to the ground the monks close in on him take him inside to tend his wounds. Thus his training would begin in a duel filled with pain and hurt as the Sith had intended.

Morna did not expect the man to hit him like that. He felt the hit against his head and then he blacked out. He was dreaming. Dreaming about fighting the Sith who had kill his parents. He knew who the man was. He reconized him. but he couldnt not put a name to the face. he wanted the mans name. Morna wanted to kill him. Kill him for the so many wrongs he had done. He tried to move towards the man but couldnt move. he could however look down. He saw that he was wearing some sort of "Dark" armor. It was a black tone that he vambraces were. he saw that he had multable blades, daggers, and even a pistol on his belt. It wasnt his belt however. he had never seen this belt before.

Morna's body moved and attacked the man. before the his sword could slice his head off, his dream ended.

[OOC: Daxton approved]

[SIZE=medium]Morna rememberd to what had happend. He had fought the man after he had waken up. he left the planet and went to Koraban for about a year to train with Daxton Bane. He would travel between Kro Var and Koraban to train. Morna had been beaten up many times the first few weeks in to training. He would get jumped almost every day. He would have bruises and scars from the jumps. One day he snapped. Morna had been walking to his room when he was jumped by two Sith apprentices. He was getting a beating of his life. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Morna used his flame power to ignite his hands. They back off for a second because they had never seen it before. Thinking that he was still weak they charged. Morna drew his sword and fired a stream of flame at the first apprentice, giving him 3rd[/SIZE] degree burns all over his body, the apprentice would later die from his wounds. The second apprentice attacked his with a Vibrosword. The student was surprised that Morna had blocked it. Morna made his sword ablaze, he then pushed the man back up against the wall and stared into the man’s eyes. The man had fear in his eyes. Morna was not going to let up. He punched the man in the gut to wind him and then took the blade and stabbed it into his knee cap. The man staggered back and uttered one word. “Phoenix?” Morna had not seen what he looked like but the man did. He had fire swirling around him making the flames look like wings. Creating the Phoenix effect. The man attempted to run. But Morna wasn’t done with him. He had turned to the Dark Side, and used Force choke to hold the man there. He then took his flaming sword and stabbed it into the man’s arm.

[SIZE=medium]Morna laughed and said to him “What can’t take a beating?” He took his sword and stabbed the man in the other shoulder and said in the man’s ear. “Looks like I’m going to have some fun.” He smiled and lit the man’s clothes aflame. He let the man go so he could run around with his pants on fire. When Morna had walked out there was a crowd at the end of the ally. They were staring at him with fear, confusion, and shock. Morna didn’t say a word. He just walked to his cabin. Morna took the name given to him and he was known as “The Phoenix” Morna had traind for the rest of the year agains the most talented sword fighters. And he had improved greatly in sword fighting. One day he walked up to his master, Daxton Bane and said “I know I am ready....” Daxton asked him what he was ready for and Morna responded “....Ready to be tested against the best.” [/SIZE]

D' Orrin was present on Korriban. The reason for his presence was to always try and find some sort of lore or aid in learning more abou the force. He didn't limit himself to either light or dark side, as was his Tradition. He was Zenkai. The Zenkai Tradition almost perfectly mirrored that of the Matukai, but with differences here and there. One was that the Zenkai used blades as their primary weapons focus, and they were allowed access to either side of the Force. Though present, he wasn't sure just how "inviting" anyone in the temple may be, if there were any present at the time, so he employed the ability refered to as "Art of the Small". Manipulating his own molecular structure by furthering the space between them without altering his own structural integrity. The point behind it was to allow him to pass through a solid object, as his molecules would pass through the space of another solid object. It was one of the tactics that awarded him being official ly called the Black Spirit. Stealth and appearing to be some sort of actual spirit or ghost.

After passing through a wall he'd look around. His form garbed in black armoring from head to toe as part of the Black Spirit motiff. Alsoo, it allowed him to better blend in with the shadows for stealth. He;d scan the area with both organic and optical sensor as he was looking for anyone or anything that may either approach him or be considered a hostile force. After a few moments he'd step out of the shadows and let what light was being shed within the temple illuminate his presence to those that were around. Keeping to himself as he'd simply stand there for the time being. Waiting to be engaged in one way or another by those present.

Morna was told to go and train some more, so his masters apprentices can catch up with him. he was walking to the training grounds. Sith were fighting eachother. but it was more of a brawl. he didnt like that style of fighting. He then moved to the streets and began to walk around.

He had heard a Squak and he knew instantly who it was, Thron. his bird. He let the bird land on his shoulder. Thron was small for his age. Morna petted the birds head and said "Looks like Im and offical apprentice. what do you think?" The bird squked in responce. followed by "Well thank you Thron." Morna peted his bird again and went down the street. He noticed a man stading alone just out of the shadows. He was weaing all black. he was mysterious. Morna decided to walk up to him and ask who he was. When he got to him he said. "Why would a man like you be hiding here? you waiting for someone?"

"I wasn't hiding. I wasn't sure if anyone else was here. I was on a personal mission for knowledge and found myself here." He'd state as he'd roll his shoulders a round or two before he'd step further into the light so as to be seen.

" I'm honestly not sure if there is anything for me to learn here. It appears to be some sort of training ground, but more apprentices than Masters.Not sure if I should be here."

Morna scoffed "Well if you are an apprentice then this is the place you need to be. Its where apprentices fight eachother. not to the death just into one gives up." Thron squaked again and he turend to the bird and said "Shhhhhh quiet. I dont want you to interupt this man." he then turend back to him and asked "Im Morna, Whats your name?"

"I'm no one's apprentice. Mangicka and Time are my teachers. My name is D' Orrin." He'd state as he'd look around at the area. His head slightly turning from one side to the next. Making sure to keep the young man Morna in at the very least, his peripherial vision before returning his visual attention to him.

"Seems to be in order though. The style of training. I've gone through something like that myseolf. "

He laughed "If you say its in order. Its more like brawl to me. They are not really good at fighting. I keep winning in these bouts but I always get jumped after words." He then looked around to see that nobody was looking at them. "Did you hear about the Guy who lit the two apprentices on fire?"

"No. This is news to me. I wasn't aware that there were other beings present with the ability to manipulate the flame. Perhaps they may be worth learning from. In my experience, the flame is a powerful ally, or adversary. Not many in my travels, have learned to truly appreciate its power. Though the question of why twoo beings were set aflame does come to mind."

He was genuine with his statements. Though the thought of two peole being set aflame did bring back memories of when he and his twin brother Jathe were learning to hone their powers. His shoulders rolling back once to releave some tension placed on them from his body tensing due to said memories as his memories jumped from something of a happier time to something of a less happier state. His village burning and his brother's betrayal. And then what he was forced to do as a result of that betrayal. Donning the mantle of the Black Spirit and due to his brother and he being twins, forever losing his identity to the mantle itself.

Morna saw the man roll his sholders back out of fear or past memories. He then said "Yeah one guys in the infermary with 3rd degree burns and the other guy is burnt to a crisp." he left it to the open air. He then comtinues saying "Yeah defnatly would be a great power to have in my arsenal. suposably hes from Kro Var. I thought they went extinct long ago?" He was trying to get some information from the guy when he was really talking about himself,

"I have come to see in my time and travels, that knowledge is a powerful tool. The culture that may have found it, may no longer be the one that uses it. If you don't mind, could you show me to the being with the burns that still lives. I'd like to see what I can do for them in easing their pain and perhaps helping in their recovery."

He'd state as he looked down at the ground and then back up at the young man. There was a blinking blue light from behind the tinted visor of the helmet he was wearing where his right eye should be. But soon after it had bbegun, it stopped. His attention wandering somewhat from the youth he was addressing to the area they were in and then back to the youth.

Monra had an "Oh Shit!" moment. D' Orrin asked him to show the man who was burnt. He nodde his head and said "Follow me" Morna turend around and walked to the infermary. He walked past some sith bullys that had tormented him the week before. They stopped to stare at him, and then the one on the right Greund said "Looks like sword boy found a friend other than his pathetic bird!" the rest of the students laughed at him. Morna turend towards his companion to say "We'll go when im done here." He turend back around and faced the bully saying with confidence. "I dont need a friend to kick your ass." Morna drew his sword when he said it. making a Shing sound echo thought the chamber.

All of the people around him began to ooooh at him saying things like "Oh snap!" and "looks like sword has some balls now." he was not going to be beaten here. Never again was he going to be beat. He was going to defeat them all if he had to.

He looked at Morna and shook his head as if to silently present his disapproval of such a step in action for the situation. He'd then place his left hand upon the young man's shoulder as a sign to get his attention before removing it and letting it fall to his side.

"There's no need for that. Let their ignorance be their own. To share in such a thing is to fall down to their level. Now if you please, let us finish the trek so I might help the young man that was burned."

From there he'd wait to see just what Morna would do. Take his advice, or continue on with what was going on and attack those that were making fun of him. He had hoped that the young man would indeed take his advice and that they could be off so he could be of some help to the burned youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom