Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Of My Best Friends Are Pirates

RC entered the platform flankeed by his own crew RC's Raiders. The Deathewatch commandos stood at attention and snapped a salute.
"At ease." RC commanded.

He looked over the motley assortment of faces. Some were unrecognized and others RC knew very well. Particularly Ironwolfs. RC smiled inside his helmet. This was about to get very interesting. There were standing orders to engage only when fired upon so RC had the situation under control for now. Thats how he wanted it to stay

"Gentlemen please, to the meeting room!" RC exclaimed.

Akura Yavis

Deathwatch Soldier
Akura hurried down the dimly lit corridors of the mining station. There wasn't much time before the meeting between the Deathwatch and their invited "guests" commenced. The entire situation did not bode well in her mind. To her, it seemed like an unnecessary risk to take. It was true that she had even tried to dissuade @RC 212 from having the meeting at all, but she had been overruled.

She believed the pirates to be too unpredictable to be effective business partners, but deathwatch needed as many allies as it could get in order to keep its cause alive. And so, she would attempt to be civil with their guests, if only to further on the cause. Akura exited the long service tunnel, and stepped into a old command room for the large laser drills the station had once employed. She left the room behind and strode into the conference wing.

Akura spotted the group of pirates being ushered down the hall by mandalorian guards, with @[member="Tyrin Ardik"] and @RC 212 in the lead. She waited for them to reach her and then bowed lowly. "I'm sorry I am late Lord."

[[ Uh, the abandoned mining station is just an abandoned mining station. No living areas. It isn't a Death Watch hideout. Also, sorry for the late response. Got caught up in Roche. ]]

"Captain Ironwolf, I am pleased you could attend." Tyrin said, ecstatic that another one of the major players had arrived. Perhaps there was some hope for this little meeting after all. He shook the captain's hand, and was prepared to introduce him to the others present, and greet the man who appeared to be Ironwolf's lieutenant, when RC made his appearance. Well and good, it was probably about time the meeting got underway. They had waited long enough, after all.

"Yes, I suppose now is as good a time to start our meeting as any. Follow me, gentlemen." Tyrin beckoned, leading them through a scorched and mangled corridor to his makeshift meeting chambers.

The meeting room was spartan, to say the least. A half-circle table with enough chairs for the current attendees and anyone else who might show up. Before the table sat a pedestal upon which a barely functioning holoprojector was seated. The image of the Tortuga station flickered rapidly, and small sparks occasionally shot out the right panel of the device. This was the same holoprojector that had been on Raxus Prime, in the buried frigate. Tyrin had brought it here instead of purchasing a new one. "Frugality is a virtue," his adoptive "father" had always said. Seemingly from nowhere, Tyrin produced the holoprojector's corresponding remote. He slid to the front of the room, standing next to the holoprojector.

"Now, to those pirates attending, congratulations. You are about to bare witness to a deal that your peers will be begging to be let in on in the future." Tyrin said, giving the holoprojector a light smack. The image stabilized after that, and the sparks ceased.

"As I'm sure you're aware, Tortuga station opened up fairly recently. A grand station it is, the sole sanctuary for pirates throughout the Galaxy, I'm told. It is a marvelous station, but I can't help but feel that it is... Limited. While it is a very big station, there will only be so many markets to sell your plunder, only so many hangars to dock and make repairs. Limiting: just as most giant hunks of floating metal in space are."

Tyrin clicked the remote, and the image appeared to zoom out, now showing a picture of Hutt Space.

"I've heard rumor the Hutts give you free reign to move about their space as you see fit. Very kind of them, but how much space is Hutt space? It's very small and very crowded. This is not to offend the Hutts. I intend on speaking to them as well, but that is for a later date. The point is, while you do have access to a good assortment of planets to hang around, it isn't that good. Hutt space is also fairly far from those juicy Republic and Imperial trade ships. So what if you were able to go somewhere else?"

Another click of the remote and the image panned to a view of Mandalorian space- all the planets it encompassed with the names written neatly under them.

"I am sure you are all familiar with the Death Watch, of which I am affiliated. If not, I won't be terribly offended. We are a new force in the Galaxy, but we are gathering strength quickly. We in the Death Watch are seeking to change things. By which I mean, we intend to weaken the current Mandalore's regime, remove her, bring our leader in as the new Mandalore, and construct a new regime from the ground up. Have any of you heard the current Mandalore's stance on pirates? Dreadful stuff, completely irrational. The Death Watch, you will find, are much more reasonable."

"The deal is simple. The Death Watch would like to encourage pirate activity in Mandalorian space. For every Mandalorian trade ship you raid, capture, destroy we will pay you. For every wound inflicted on the current regime, we will also pay you. Why? Because it demonstrates weakness. If Mandalore can't deal with pirates, raiders, and marauders, how can she be expected to deal with the Sith? The Republic? Or those weird folk just the other side of Republic space? Omega-something-something. I don't pay them much mind, frankly."

"In essence, we will be paying you to disrupt Mandalorian shipping. When you make a successful raid, we will pay you proportionately to the amount that you raided. Then you keep your plunder. I honestly don't believe I need to sugar coat that. We are paying you to do what you've all been doing for a fairly long time. This, of course, isn't the best part of the deal."

"Once we assume control of Mandalorian space, you will be given free run of our planets. Every single planet you see before you will be your own Tortuga station. You will all have your own personal sanctuary between the Empire and the Republic, from which to launch raids at your leisure. Further, for ten standard years following our victory, any repairs or modifications you need will be covered by us, so long as they take place at a planet we control. Our markets will be open to you as well."

"In return for all this, we will ask only one thing. Should it come down to a final assault on the planet Mandalore, we would ask your support. Then, following our victory, you would be free to run amok Mandalorian space as previously described. As expected, you won't target any Mandalorian shipping any more, but from such a lofty chunk of space to rest and be secure from regulators, it will hardly matter."

Tyrin coughed into his hand. A strange gesture, considering his mask. "Of course, as a Sith, I am obligated to say that you should only raid Republic shipping following our victory, and completely abstain from raids against Imperial vessels and stations. But that's just me. You are pirates, after all, and in the end such a decision is yours and yours alone."

"Any questions? If elaboration is needed, one needs to only ask."

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
At the name of Tortuga station, Ironwolf spat to the side. Curse the Pirate King and his Hutt overlords. He hated the thought of having those slimy bastards order him around. As the deal was elaborated and explained the shrewd pirate had to admit to himself that it was quite an offer. He could still sniff the chains, the possible pitfalls. Could sense future betrayals in the offing, but that's always a two way game. If someone can betray you, well you can always betray that someone too.

Cant you?

As their host proceeded to elaborate his plans for their future, The Pirate Lord could imagine his own place in this future. Not a grand place, Ironwolf was not one for looking for grand places...but a rich one.

"Alright, I have to admit you have made us a pretty sweet offer. Let us say hypothetically...that the Star Wolves take you up on this offer."

A few devious schemes were already springing to his mind.

"But the problem with Mando space is intel. Those bucketheads keep their lips tight. They keep their intel good and locked down. If there were some way we could get the relevant intel...well I dare say we could make this job very easy for you."

He took another sip of his drink.

"Not that it cannot be done right now. Of course it can, but after one raid too many all Mando space will be hostile for us. If the Mandos start rallying against my crew, we will have no where to go....unless...you can provide us some sort of sanctuary in Imperial turf."

Although the Empire almost always had the best tech to cannibalize from, Ironwolf had a grudging respect for the Sith. They took what they wanted with their own power. Asking for no mercy and giving none either. Kinda how the Star Wolves operated.

"Im not looking for much, but if such a sanctuary could be arranged for then I can definitely pass on any juicy Imperial targets that might swing my way. No matter how hard to resist it might be. And then hypothetically speaking of course...we can give you your war."

Jack gave Tyrin's speech his rapt attention. Like Ironwolf, he'd taken no oath to the self-proclaimed Pirate King nor the Hutt Cartel, preferring, as always, the path of temporary alliance to being thought as following one specific voice. Jack was the Captain of his ship, and needed no one else's orders. Deals, on the other hand, bargains, alliances, were all well and good, and this offer seemed both well and good.

He listened to Ironwolf raise his points about Mando intel, and found himself in agreement, and rather than pile on, quietly awaited Tyrin's reply while sipping a particularly pedestrian mug of lum.

"Sanctuary within the Sith Empire would be difficult, if not impossible to gain." Tyrin said. "Even if I explained the situation to them, I doubt they would care very much, as they would likely perceive they have nothing to immediately gain. That, or they would demand disproportionate tribute. I have no intention of doing that, as I have recently discovered we have no need for sanctuary there. Between Sith and Mandalorian space, lies a pretty little chunk of unoccupied territory."

Tyrin clicked the remote, and the map display slid over to the Vorzyd system. True to his word, the planet was free of any Sith or Mandalorian influence. It was incredibly convenient. Hell, almost too convenient to think it was real. This seemed like the kind of convenience that only happened in story books or ridiculous adventure holovids, but there it was. Well, Tyrin would be foolish to not capitalize upon such an opportunity.

"Vorzyd V, the Gambler's planet. I doubt you'll have any trouble hiding out there, the natives mostly keep to themselves. As for intelligence, that is a fair point. I will arrange for some espionage to take place."

The gears were turning in Tyrin's head. "Perhaps we could arrange for some break-ins to take place at some of the Mandalorians' more major space ports. Yes, all we would need to do is slice into the mainframe for their computers and arrange that all shipping manifests automatically, and discreetly, be transmitted elsewhere on planet. Then we could hand it off to you. Before long, everyone involved will have a pretty picture of where the best targets are going, when they'll get their, what their cargo is, and perhaps even their crew numbers."

Kring

Been in deep space too long...
"And just how are you planning on paying all of us for this?" Kring asked. "You said yourself the Sith aren't going to help...Is it the Deathwatch that is footing the bill?" The pirate shook his head, "And the Captain of the Wolves makes a valid point, just how do you expect to gain entry into the Mandalorian mainframe? It's not like you can just walk in there and hack into it. I'm sure it's extremely protected."

"It isn't a single mainframe. There are many, all of which are at spaceports. The Mandalorians hardly spend most of their military budget on spaceport security." Tyrin retorted. "No, they will mostly be skeleton crews, if crews at all. Easily bribed or avoided by any respectable infiltrator, such as myself. As for where the money comes from, let us worry about that. We have money to pay for your services now, and once we control Mandalorian space, we will have more than enough income from planetary revenue to tend to you even further."

@[member="Ironwolf"] @[member="Tyrin Ardik"] @RC 212 @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Kring"] @[member="Akura Yavis"]
Miles stood at attention while the pirates talked about their plan. As a former Republic operative, he loved the idea of picking apart the Mandalorians from the inside. To disrupt the biggest mercenary group in the galaxy would get everyone's name written on the walls of history. Miles grind behind the visor of his helmet. There were more Death Watch in the room now, this wasn't sitting well with Miles. He fingered the latch on his safety but didn't grab his weapon. He'd wait but keep and eye on everyone.

Jack held up a finger. "A counter-proposal, if I may." He began walking slowly, his boot heels clicking on the asteroid's surface. "Rather than you paying us a percentage of what we raid, I propose we pay you a percentage of what we raid. The purpose of all of this is for you to disrupt, is it not? Your treasure is chaos and disarray, not credits and cargo. So what say we pay you twenty percent of what we haul from these raids as a fee, and say, thirty percent if you're able to provide us accurate intelligence." He walking left him alongside the purple-skinned Twi'lek. "Hello luv," he said quietly. "Fancy a drink from a tray?" He pointed to where one of Tyrin's commandos had set several bottles and glasses down on the table.

@[member="Kring"] |@[member="Jack Sparrow"] |@[member="Ironwolf"]

Tyrin raised an eyebrow behind his mask. He had just offered to pay them for their pilfered gains and allow them to keep him. Why would Captain Sparrow pass up such a deal? Some would no doubt think it excessive and wasteful, perhaps, but it was merely Tyrin's way of ensuring his partners were kept happy and loyal. Well, as loyal as pirates could assuredly be. Still, if one pirate preferred to drop off a small percentage towards their benefactor, Tyrin certainly wasn't going to stop him.

"If you are inclined to do so, Captain Sparrow, then I certainly won't stop you." Tyrin responded, wondering what the Captain could possibly be saying to Akura. Whatever it was, it likely involved the drinks the Captain was pointing to, so Tyrin decided it wasn't of that much concern. "It was merely a method of assuring good faith, and so for that reason the option of either or will be at the discretion of the other captains."

RC cleared his throat and nodded to the respective captains.

"I understand your reluctance to take part. We are raiders freelancers. We cannot be bound by law. I will not bind you by law, but I will offer immediate support of my ship and crew should you happen too fall under heavy attack during a raid. The Dreadstar has many useful armaments that can turn a battle. As a pirate to a pirate, I don't trust you fully, but I will not let you fall into the hands of my enemy, or the law."
RC Removed his helmet and pulled deathstick pack out of his satchel pouches.
"Smoke anyone?"

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
@[member="Tyrin Ardik"]

"That is a shame, really thought there were possibilities for a moment."

He rose from his chair. The meeting was pretty much done in Ironwolf's eyes. Especially with this Captain Sparrow starting the whole streak of paying out his pockets.

"Ill be keeping the loot. All of it. Captain Sparrow can pay you a percentage if he so wishes, but I will be expecting payment for every Mandalorian liner wasted. But of course we are getting ahead of ourselves..."

He cast one glance at Miles and shook his head ever so slightly before turning back to face their host.

"...let us take this on a trial basis eh? When you have the intel give me a call. And if it all checks out...sure we can do this again. Just a word of caution to you fellas"

This time he spoke to the other captains.

"In case you all do decide to jump in, be sure to stay out of my way. And we wont have any accidental friendly fire happen. That goes double for you Mister Deathwatch."

He had not forgotten RC 212, that much was for certain.

"A trial period? Hm." Tyrin echoed, pondering the terms outlined. It seemed a reasonable enough arrangement. There was no real reason for Tyrin to deny such a thing, it would only serve to undermine him and make him look suspicious in his intentions. Yes, Captain Ironwolf would have a trial period. And so would anyone else if they requested as such. All Tyrin had to do was determine the more popular space ports in Mandalorian space and arrange for their infiltration accordingly.

"Yes, of course, I see no reason to deny such a thing. I'm sure we will be completely free of any friendly fire issues. You will all be contacted immediately following the first upload."

Perhaps seizing such information was easier said than done. Tyrin did not intend to let any difficulties encounter prevent him from doing what was necessary. This was the first step in securing the rise of the Death Watch, he would not have it bungled by his hands or someone else's.

"Very well, all of it it is," said Jack with a wave of his hand, "and nothing less." Setting his now-empty glass down, he asked, "Anything else to discuss? I have a prior commitment. Breakfast. However if I do find myself in Mandalorian space I do solemnly vow to pillage and plunder and leave a trail of chaos and tears behind me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom