Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Soliusu Endevors, Whispers of New Life

• Thread starter Reyari Te Pewmsneri
  • Start date

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R

Reyari looked toward the argument ensuing before her. In her hands, her man sized bow sat clutched idly between her fingertips. She remained silent. The only thing that was seen moving on her was a slight twitch of her long elf-like ears. She only saw fit to speak once Sergei made it perfectly clear that he was not going to even attempt to follow his words. She growled out toward him as he acted as an unruly child. Even when slightly agitated did the hairs stand up on ones neck. She thrust a hand toward him, her eyes reading agitation and a moderate amount of anger. As the beads tied into her hair clacked.

"You- You act as a Child. Thinking he knows best. Do as you are told."

The display was quite cute as displayed. A man like Sergei, getting talked to as if he was just a kid. By someone who was much younger than him. Which of course, illicted a giggle or two by one of Sergei's men. Obviously Rey wasn't about to have any of his crap or complaining today. Instantly, one of the Doctors turned and spoke right after Reyari did. This time addressing Sergei directly.

"Mr. Jachovich. I suggest you do as instructed. Your biology is ill suited for the environment. And, it'll make a good first impression on the Locals. You wouldn't want to made /them/ angry would you?"

The Doctor gestured at Rey, who was sill staring Sergei down. The doctor continued, this time in a language that was utterly foreign to those who stood by. Rey seemed to turned her head at this Doctor, nodding at him briefly before touching her chest. Surely, some sort of apology for speaking out of turn. Nevertheless, their Teacher stood by. Eyes trained on the smaller of the group. Likely as a means to keep control of the absent minded who would think to wonder off at random. Nevertheless, The massive native raised her arm up. Signalling for the rest of the group to head up to rest. It was time to go.

As they began walking, Ticca spoke to Reyari. Who was simply accustomed to walking the young children along. She turned her head slightly, her eyes still fixated forward so that none of the rest of the crew would walk off. She answered.

"Reyari."

Of course one of the wise crackers of the group. Likely one of Sergei's men attempted to draw the ire of their guide.

"Raviloli?"

Instantly. Rey snapped her gaze to him.

"No. Reyari."

She shook her head. Listening to Ticca as they walked.

Ticca Ticca Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil The Monster The Monster

Reyari Te Pewmsneri Ticca Ticca Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Sergei had to bite his tongue at Reyari's earlier remark but he shrugged it off. She didn't know what he'd been through. She didn't know that underneath the unassuming exterior of the armor was a battle hardened soldier who'd literally been fighting for years non-stop just to stay alive, let alone win. He sighed to himself as he got ready for sleep to take him for the evening, and then one of his rookies opened his fat mouth. A grunt came from Sergei as he immediately got up. His face, while not furious, had a scowl that made the other recruits stop their little chuckle at the poor sod's half attempt to a joke. Sergei was more than not pleased by the comment and spoke quickly to those around them.

"We'll be right back. Robison, you're coming with me,"

The man was about to speak up, when Sergei shot him down with a look. The other recruits went pale as they'd only heard rumors of what happened when Sergei got angry at trainees. And the rumors went from merciless beatings to 'workout' sessions that would leave people crying, puking out their organs, bloody, or all of the above. If it was one thing Sergei didn't tolerate, it was unprofessional behavior from recruits who hadn't even earned their right to be there yet. Sergei stepped to the edge of one of the walkways that was less used so as to keep this session as private as possible, though he didn't expect people to not look. His instructions to the recruit were quick and simple.

"Sling your rifle, put on your helmet, and engage your rebreather,"

The recruit did as he was told, putting on his helmet and slinging his rifle across his chest, and then clicking a small switch on the underside of his helmet. He could hear the air being forced through the mask which required the wearer to actually work to breath a little, not too bad but that was just the start.

"Lower yourself onto the ledge, and begin performing pull ups,"

The recruit paused as he looked at Sergei, and then the ledge, and then back to Sergei, as if wondering if Sergei was joking. It was a several hundred meter drop after all.

"Did I stutter recruit?" Sergei growled. Not once had Sergei yelled this entire time, in fact his voice was getting quieter, but much much more menacing.

The recruit responded and did as ordered, lowering himself until he was hanging from the ledge, and began performing pull ups. Sergei watched him do a set of ten, then pause and do another set of fifteen, before speaking again.

"Stop," The recruit stopped waiting for instruction "I'm going to say up, and when I do, you will respond with 'I'm so', and when I say down, you'll say 'funny', do you understand?"

Robison nodded. And so Sergei began his cadence, speaking Up, and down, in a rhythm that gave the recruit time to do his pull ups at a specific pace. Not too slow to make it easy, but not to fast to risk tiring him out too quickly. Sergei would take his time, as he had done before and had been trained to do. And it didn't take long for Robison's arms to show signs of fatigue, having now done a total of 75 pull ups, not helped by the fact that he was hanging off a ledge instead of using a bar, and wearing full kit. Sergei once again stopped him, this time in the up position, and began to speak.

"Boy, do you know why you're here?"

"Because I was an idiot sir," He responded with a rasp, his breathes were becoming ragged as he was fighting the rebreather

"No, why are you here? Why are you following me and trying to become a Wolf?" Sergei once again asked.

"I.... I want to... be the best... to fight with the best.... sir," Robison was now clearly struggling as his arms were starting to violently shake and his fingers were curling trying to maintain grip.

"I don't think you do, especially after you let your mouth start running back there," Sergei responded. He was waiting, and then finally gave the down command, offering a brief respite, before once again calling up.

"Wolves have to be disciplined, we have to learn to respect everyone, friend or foe, because the moment you don't respect someone, is the moment you underestimate someone. Now tell me what happens when we underestimate a foe," Sergei spoke, his tone was stern, but he was very much in control of the moment.

"Our friends die," The soldier responded. His grip was starting to slip, and he was fighting his fatigue to stay holding onto the ledge as he knew if he let go, he would plummet to his death. And he didn't know if Sergei would try to catch him.

"What happens when we underestimate our allies?" Sergei asked.

"We..... we die.... oh shi-" Sergei grabbed the soldier by his chest plate as hands finally gave, before the man had fallen so much as five centimeters down. Sergei then lifted the soldier up onto the ledge with strength that seemed humanly impossible, setting down the soldier lightly.

The soldier on the other hand was busy sucking air through his rebreather, trying to stretch out his hands to stop them from cramping, but Sergei wasn't having it. He spoke coldly as he walked back to clearing.

"You will hold a squat and present your weapon for inspection until I say you have done enough. Your battles will pull guard on you to ensure it is done. And if I come by to inspect you and find you are anything but the standard I have set you are done. Have I made myself clear?" Sergei spoke.

The recruit simply nodded, and Sergei lead them back to the clearing, telling the other recruits what he expected to happen. They didn't say anything, but their body language said it all, they were frustrated. Sergei went back to his spot and once again prepared for sleep as the offending recruit assumed the position of holding a perfect squat, with his rifle held across his hands at arm's length. Meanwhile the other recruits figured out how to split the guard duty. They knew it was about to be a long night, but thanked the heavens they were in the company other than Sergei, because they knew this punishment was a slap on the wrist compared to what he could've done. Especially since Sergei tolerated absolutely nothing that might tarnish the reputation of those he lead or himself. His code simply didn't allow for it.

Ticca

It's harder to heal than it is to kill.
Ticca raised her eyebrows slightly at the argument going on nearby. It would seem that one of the soldiers had some anxieties about being placed within another body. The truth was that she too had some worries about this process, given how dangerous it likely was and the unique interaction with her own physiology with this new body. However, given the general reaction of irritation of their teacher, Reyari, at this reticence, Ticca did not voice her concerns. Nor did she comment on the oddly phrased way the scientist had attempted to soothe over the disagreement. Though it did spark more questions. Did their presence make the Soliusu angry? How did they feel about the whole transference issue? Would they be more accepting of this puppet self? These questions popped into Ticca's mind and slowly faded as she had not the temerity at the moment to ask them. Poised as she was, she did not wish to anger those she was trying to help.

As they began trekking back towards the resting spots, which was a whole adventure in and of itself, Ticca found herself able to speak with Reyari. Only as she tried to formulate the words that she wanted so desperately to say, she found them jumbling up in her mind. These words of warning seemed difficult to say. Ticca cast a suspicious glance around the surroundings to make sure that there wasn't anyone subtly listening in on their conversation. "Thank you, Reyari, for volunteering to teach us the ways of your people." Ticca said, nodding slightly to show respect and gratitude. Of course Ticca couldn't have known that Reyari didn't volunteer for this position, but she blundered past her minor faux pas with a sort of bubbling, nervous excitement. Or was that fear clawing its way up her throat? Either way, it didn't matter. Noticing how tall Reyari really was for perhaps the first time, Ticca 'stared' up at her. Trusting that Reyari's hearing was acute, she'd softly say in a voice like a whisper. "What I have to say is important. I have foreseen that you and your tribe are in danger." Ticca quickly added, "No, don't react. The danger may have methods of listening in to us. They have most certainly threatened me and mine should they discover I told anyone." For now, she left it there wondering how Reyari would take her words of warning. Glancing over towards the security task force, Ticca's breath nearly caught in her throat as she saw two of them, the commanding officer and the loudmouth rookie, at the edge of the walkway's ledge. It would seem that this commanding officer, the one who had been spoken to like a child by Reyari, was disciplining the rookie for their unprofessional behavior. Still, this seemed dangerous for a punishment. Fighting the urge to simply reach out and pluck the rookie from the ledge, Ticca merely watched ready to intervene. It was interesting to learn of the commanding officer's beliefs however. In a way they were similar to Ticca's own, though at the same time vastly different. Still, she respected that he had incorporated a motto of respecting everyone into his regiment. As it turned out, she almost had to intervene and give away her nature as a Force User publicly but thankfully, the commanding officer caught the rookie before he could fall too far.

Reyari Te Pewmsneri The Monster The Monster Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R
hammock_1.jpg

The eight foot tall Humanoid looked down at Ticca, her ears perking up upon the sudden whispers. As a Pureblood, she bore extensive adaptations which allowed for far easier hearing and vision. Who knows what other genetic secrets Reyari and her people may hold. However, the sudden shock of realization that there was a hostile force on her Homeworld brought a moderately angry expression to become written on Reyari's face. Of course, she had learned of, and have been taught Galactic Basic by the outworlders. But now, there were individuals wanting to complete annihilate, or even remove them from their ancestral home was something out of the question. She didn't say anything along the way. Only a subtle head nod was seen as she guided the rest of the Expedition to their bunks.

Bunks in this situation was too great a term. Obviously. They were hammocks, strewn over a few large platforms which seemed to keep going straight up. Lined to the brim with hammock like devices of a sort made of what looked to be a selectively bred plant or vine. They were organic in nature, and suspended over a massive drop of two-hundred feet or more. Likely not a problem for the graceful and athletic members of the Soliusu, but for humans or other similar races. This was a precarious drop. However, as seen by members of the Soliusu already seen sleeping in their hammocks these easily seemed to suspend their weight in them. Judging by how it seemed "normal" to them, there was nothing to fear once inside of the Hammocks.

Reyari gestured to a large selection of them, an entire row that was completely empty. She looked toward them, pointing with her finger.

"Tscheat- Or beds. As the aliens say. I will be here for you at first light. Be sure to make all preparations for tomorrow- And do be quiet."

She'd then turn to leave, leaving the off-worlders to get situated with the beds.

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Ticca Ticca The Monster The Monster

Ticca

It's harder to heal than it is to kill.
Ticca wondered if Reyari had heard her. At the very least, before she had seen her perk up. So, she had assumed correctly that Reyari's senses were acute enough to hear her despite her cautious whispering. Satisfied that she had delivered a piece of her warning, Ticca simply nodded in return as she noticed Reyari subtle head nod. Her own expression kept calm despite the wincing pain of the pounding headache dully throbbing in the back of her head. The pain sensations rippling through the living network, Ticca assumed as she followed quietly alongside the Expeditionary Force as Reyari led them to their sleeping arrangements. She left it at that with one final whisper. "I will tell you more in private should we have it. Find me tomorrow morning."

On the brighter side, there was in fact several questions and wonders that she could focus on. Not least of which was the idea of the body transference that was looming closer. Ticca wondered how exactly they were going to transfer her consciousness to the cloned body. She wondered how exactly the cloned body was created and how the combining her DNA with the DNA of Pathorians had occurred. Would transferring to the body have any effect on her perception or personality? The classic clone controversy only began to describe the murky depths of which the scientists here were peering into. And it was most exciting to potentially have the prospect of discovering that.

Furthermore, she also had the opportunity to have her first glimpse in the lifestyle of the Soliusu clan. Ticca had missed the unifying prayer, so the Tscheat was where her learning started. Noticing the physical shells of the other Soliusu curled up within the cocoon like hammocks of specialized vine, Ticca slowly lowered herself to the floor of the tree and reached out towards the hammock she had chosen. The drop was particularly dizzying for Ticca as the translucent physical shell of the web let her see right down to the ground. But by the same token, that also meant that she could see the innumerable number of Soliusu below and took comfort in the presences of their aura forms and allowed herself to slip into the cocoon. Ticca mediated until sleep took her. But sleep did not exactly hold much comfort for her. She slept fitfully, the drumbeat of the planet beating with both the beauty of life and the pain of the burning, greedy, unnecessary drills.

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil The Monster The Monster Reyari Te Pewmsneri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom