Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Soliusu Endevors, Whispers of New Life

• Thread starter Reyari Te Pewmsneri
  • Start date

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R
(OOC, Open to Mercenaries, Scientists, and Jedi)

Whispers of the Soliusu

8aee741e82a5e602e9f52f50d8895a51.jpg

For millennia, the borders into the Catharian Hegemony have been all but sealed shut thanks to their Autocratic Leader. However, in light of recent events a call has been sent throughout the galaxy for all able bodied men and women to come to this "New World" of sorts. Directly neighboring Cathay in its orbital cycle, the world that had once been hidden away has finally revealed itself. Its name, Pathorai. A world native to the most intriguing biological life ever seen. In the short weeks Pathorai has been opened to the Scholars of the Galaxy, the buzzing of local legends and news has catapulted itself everywhere throughout the Galaxy. A new venture of the arts of biology and Anthropology.

The legends speak of the beauty of Pathorai, a sort of paradise where the taint of Modern technology has never existed and shall never exist in a substantial quantity. A world of wonders, both geological and scientific once only open for the Catharian Hegemony, now opened to all throughout the Galaxy. However, a small list of those qualified for the adventure of Pathorai has been approved. Only Scientists, Anthropologists, Archeologists, Security Personnel, Scribes, Teachers, and very small numbers of Tourists have been allowed in, as a means to prevent cultural contamination of the Natives that live on Pathorai.

These natives, called "Purebloods" by the Catharian Hegemony are known to be the only pre-neolithic culture to exist in the Unknown Regions, and now the Galaxy itself. These humanoids are known to live in complete harmony with the environment around them, and oddly enough worship the world itself in this "Primitive Tribal Manner". Approximately Three million of these Purebloods exist everywhere on Pathorai. Each in a small tribe of about five hundred individuals in the fertile landscapes which dot the landscape. In the past, Catharian Teachers attempted to teach a small group of these Individuals how to read and write in Galactic Basic as a means to introduce them into Modern Society. However, many show little interest in joining Galactic Civilization, whereas others simply do not want to leave their friends and family behind.

B7785F0EF9D48F9E54647A3561D682A423C7F28C

Army Trooper
So far, the only Catharian elements on planet is a small central hub located in the Southern Hemisphere in one of the great Rainforests. Attempts to settle the world with Catharians or any other Species have been met with great resistance in the Catharian Senate and House of Lords back home on Cathay and as such, little cultural contamination exists as is. A small platoon sized element of Catharian Army Troopers exist as a token Garrison of this Central Hub, known to them as: "Raxis T-A". These Army Troopers are only there to protect the Central Hub and not to conquer it.

The people inside of this Central Hub have tried to learn the Local Dialects and most have become rather fluent in its usage. A strict code of conduct to keep hostile contact with the Natives on the down low, and to offer them Medical Supplies, Food, and other sorts of essentials to help gain their trust. Aswell as the usage of Cloned Individuals to better infiltrate the Societies of this intriguing people. With limited success. The Purebloods are known to be relatively Xenophobic, not hostile but slightly distrustful of outsiders. However, thankfully attempts in the last few decades have helped to culture a relationship of peace between the Off-Worlders and the Natives. The Catharians have agreed to protect the world from outside invaders as it falls inside of the Territory controlled by Cathay and its local Viceroys.

The most well known tribe nearest to Raxis T-A is the Soliusu Clan. A tribe of about 300 Individuals. Headed by Clan-Leader or Otoyak-Ka Reliun, and his Wife Mo-ani; the Shaman. Surprisingly, this clan of Pure-bloods have grown accustomed to continued contact with Catharian Scientists and have agreed to show the outworlders their culture, and customs as a peace offering, and as a means to teach the ignorant about a culture as Unique as theirs.

On the grounds of Raxis T-A, Landing Pads
rbr28665x9e31.jpg

The ships which carried the visitors in were of Old Republic Make, cobbled together and kept together by sheer luck rather than elbow grease. As those unboard looked from the windows as they broke atmosphere and began descent. The beauty of Pathorai made itself quickly apparent. An eye wateringly beautiful sight greeted their eyes as they broke cloud cover. A landscape made up almost entirely of lush forest jungles, and great plains which stretched as far as the eye could see. The local wildlife of Four limbed Banshees flew in formation of the landing craft. Giving the impression of almost total peace and serenity. Great rocky mountains which jutted from the land in semi-circular fashions, to magnetic anomalies of floating islands suspended over a large area of green ground cover.

The ship slowly banked to the right, and the passengers could view the Central Hub of Catharian Operations in the distance. In comparison to what they had just saw, it was a rather ugly white tower jutting out of a massive green field. A bit of civilization was enough to hurt the eyes even a little. With little time to take in the scenery, the shuttle soon came to rest upon the landing pads of the installation.

latest

The Scientist
The doors opened, a sudden smell of cleanliness and fresh air filled the interior cabin. Quite literally freshening those inside up for the adventures ahead. They were presented with a single Catharian Scientist, clad in a white labcoat and holding a Holo-Pad in his hands. He waved to those disembarking and attempted to introduce himself.

"Welcome to Pathorai my friends. Feel free to admire the scenery. This isn't Coruscant anymore. Welcome to the great Jewel of the Galaxy. I am Doctor Kierth of the 22nd Catharian Science Regiments. I am in charge of our conservation efforts here on Pathorai."

"Walk with me. There is much to discuss."

"Over there, on your right is the crew barracks for the Garrison. A bunch of block heads, to be honest. Down there is the school house, where we teach the locals. On your left and right is the bio-lab and Geology Lab respectively. As you can see, we have a lot of our work cut out for us here. There is simply too much to do."

"Now, let me tell you of the locals. They are friendly once you get to know them, but I highly suggest not angering them. We spend far too long cultivating a cordial relationship with them. Later I believe, One of the Tribals are going to come and give us a tour of their lodgings a few miles away. Believe me, It was a magical experience. The Locals closest to us are known as the Soliusu, a bunch of hunter-gatherers."

"Now, before we head for orientation, do you have any questions before we continue?"

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic stepped out of the shuttle, some old dust shaking off of his boots and landing on the grass as he did so. He stood out in this crowd, one suit of rusty and painted Mandalorian armor surrounded by a bunch of civvies, not to mention the fact that he stood almost a full head taller than most of them. He had his trusted sniper and pistol on him, but had to leave his ship in the port on Coruscant that he had left from. He looked upwards at the sky and lifted a gloved hand to shield his vision before looking back down at the scientist in front of him and listening to what he had to say.

After the man was done speaking, Leenic raised his hand to show that he had a question. "Yeah," He said, lowing his hand back down and pushing his way to the front. "What exactly are the natives here supposed to be like? 'Cause I was promised at least some action to go along with my pay." This comment caused a few chuckles to escape, but the air was somewhat tense. Everyone was thinking this, but only Leenic seemed to not care enough to say it.

Sergei had selected his five newest recruits to accompany him along this trip to the surface of the planet. Jungle worlds were perfect to acclimate soldiers to field survival training and while Sergei was the only one who was actually armed and carrying ammo for his weapons, the rest of his men were just carrying unloaded rifles. This wasn't because Sergei didn't trust them, but these were new recruits. And he wasn't about to have an intergalactic incident on his hands for some rookie with an itchy trigger finger. They were however all clad in full combat armor and had all other necessary gear that they would normally bring with them on a drop, to include packs, some rations, an emergency heater, rope and climbing equipment, and their canteens and combat knives. The other soldiers' weapons were all unloaded, and Sergei was the only one carrying a full combat load of ammunition on top of all this, but he hardly noticed the extra weight. Their armor compared to his old stuff was a fraction of the weight, and offered better protection regardless. He lead them through as they walked past other sight seers and egg head types. His job was simple. They were to secure a flight and drop them off about 300-400 klicks in the jungle. In the dark so they couldn't see which way they were going. Sergei would let the recruits try to find their way back and let the jungle teach them how to survive, offering helpful advice when necessary. But otherwise this was on them. Time to see how many died before they realized he wasn't going to hold their hands through this. Last group lost 2, the one before 3, but he had a good feeling about this one. Maybe they'd only lose one before realizing how dead serious he was. Such was the way with these kids. Other militaries could afford less quality soldiers for safer training. Sergei could not. It was either adapt or die. He approached the doctor as he finally finished his rambling speech about the world and spoke in a professional tone, however using little words.

"Sir, I'm here with The Dire Wolves Mercenary Company, we're here to conduct training. With whom do I need to speak to secure trans and coordinate a drop zone for my troopers,"

He had heard the comment earlier about the natives, and while one of his had chuckled a small bit, all Sergei had to do was turn his head slightly towards the sound to immediately silence him. They were professionals, and would conduct themselves as such. He'd deal with the soldier later after they hit the ground. The other recruits had stayed back just to ensure they didn't cause a commotion. Sergei was here to show his men what a professional looked like. It's not that he didn't care what the natives attitude towards them was, he just wasn't going to accept what some your guide told them. Not everyone acted the same, and some despite a general consensus of being good to visitors, would always seek to take from someone else what they could. Sergei wasn't a cynic but he knew reality. And that's something his soldiers were about to be introduced to shortly.

Chybo looked in awe as the ship got closer to the planet's surface. Lush rainforests were a far cry from the rocky lava planet of Sullust he once called home. The engineer part of him questioned the safety and reliability of the ships that carried him and many others to the planet, but those feelings were soon overpowered by excitement as they finally landed. Once the scientist finished debriefing, Chybo looked around to see if anyone had a question. He had many, but he wasn't sure how to articulate them without coming off as a nervous wreck so he kept them to himself. It wasn't long before he started to get pushed closer to the ship's side as a tall Mandalorian made his way to the front. He had never seen a Mandalorian in person before, but the stories alone were enough to make him feel inferior. He heard a few chuckles after the Mandalorian's question about action, so Chybo awkwardly joined in. He came to the planet to help scientists keep their tech in working order, but something told him there would be more to it than that.​

Suya Baeji

S
Suya now wished she didn't leave her ship on Coruscant, no amount of money was worth leaving her only means of transportation far from where she was. Especially... wherever this was. The Catharians said they needed some jedi and they were paying anyone who fit that criteria. Suya was no jedi but she had the skills of a jedi and some experience to her name, couldn't do any harm to make some money from that. She had some clothes she never thought she would wear, but her old ones were getting worn and this was the best she could find while her two violet lightsabers dangled from the belt.

Once she got out the shuttle, Pathorai's atmosphere greeted her comfortably as the breeze brushed against her. It was weird, but Suya didn't reject it. She definitely needed this, especially after spending most of her time in bland cities with nothing to offer except liquor bottles for her to empty and bounties that paid her just enough to buy a fancy hotel room for a couple days and picking up some cutie at the bar before leaving them her last day planetside. So this was nice. That was all she could really say.

On top of that she was stuck with quite the bunch, meeting a mandolorian was a pleasure and also a curse for her in her days of traveling the galaxy. She was well versed with mando culture and warrior spirit, so being in the presence of Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil made her indifferent. Also a mercenary? There were only two types of mercenaries Suya had ever known. So The Monster The Monster was either one of the stuck up professional soldier types or a trigger happy thug you would never trust to hold a blaster. Given his mannerisms he was definitely the former. Those types were more bearable but that wasn't saying much. They always had rules and conduct and presentation, it was so pretentious she wanted to vomit. Now there was the Sullustian, Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn and he seemed alright. Almost like a child taking his first steps and discovering the universe for the first time, but that meant he was curious, and had a lot of questions. As long as Suya wasn't bombarded with those questions, they would be alright.

As the scientist was debriefing the bunch, Suya had the urge to ask. "What's good to eat here?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R

The good Doctor was relatively short in stature, and well. Far shorter than anyone who came off the drop pod. Upon a second viewing, the Army Troops that walked past looked identical to him in more ways than one. Through their open faced helmets, the exact same facial structure could be seen, near identical except for various small changes such as eye color and hair color. Odd. Meanwhile the Doctor Spoke again.

"Walk with me. Anyway, the locals aren't the most hospitable to romantic advances from off-worlders. Of course, we had our fair share of horny idiots in the Garrison corps and they were all either killed by the Purebloods, or simply dissapeared one night into the jungle. To this day, we have no idea where they went off to and they never showed up again and all of their implanted bio-chips read them as "Dead". We did manage to find a few of their bodies scattered about the local area. Looks like they were sliced open with light-sabers or something along the same caliber. So if we have a rogue Jedi or Sith, that could cause major problems with our operations in the area."

"The Locals are quite peaceful. A few years ago, we built a school for them to teach them Galactic Basic. As a result, against all predictions they were quite receptive of our help. At first, things were hell for us. Daily attacks, missing science team, and destroyed machinery. However, over the past few years we've managed to cultivate a cordial relationship with them."

The Monster The Monster "Mr Jachovich, I'm unfortunately unable to provide you the materials for this jungle training. If you get lost in their and the locals find some of your equipment. That could have horrid effects on the local tech levels. I'm talking a cataclysmic level of cultural contamination if you loose your guys. And even we tried to use this place as a Training Ground for our Special Operations divisions and they all died horrible in the jungle after only one day. I tell you sir, the wildlife here is as dangerous as Felucia if not more. Fortunately, we have guides. But they are only for coming from here and to the Soliusu village. Sorry."

Suya Baeji "Fortunately, we've managed a self sufficient system for farming foodstuffs of the local Pathorai variety. In the field if you come across the Bulbous Antarae fruits, or the Neeba Carrots just eat them right out of the ground. They produce a naturally occuring pesticide that is completely safe to eat. I can give you a full Codex on the edible foodstuffs in the jungle once you folks head out."

20th-Century-Fox.jpg

"Lex"

The scientist continued to walk, past the dirt roads and nearby the exit to base-camp. The group could gaze across the landscape before them. Rolling green hills full of formerly unknown grasses and lichen species. A wonderous ecology being picked apart by Cathay's brightest in almost all fields. Presumably, the floating rocks the crew saw earlier would make great advancements to repulsor technology. However, coming out of seemingly nowhere would be one of the Guides. A massive almost nine-foot tall Humanoid with cyan colored skin and golden irises which seemed to give off the impression of a massive lanky cat. Of course, she looked cordial enough likely because of the smirk she had on her face. She was clad head to toe in civilian wear seen elsewhere. The doctor briefly introduced her.

"Hello Lex. I was just briefing the newbloods on their current assignment..."

"Really? I thought you wanted to give us some friends. This lot will do nicely."

"Hello guys, My name is Lexliua Te' Calitutai Veriaiara. Or just Lex. I'm your incumbent guide here for your associates. Do you have all your things? We'll be gone for three days. As the paper said, bring three days of food stuffs. Also, be aware that I'm not going to babysit you guys or anything. I'm just here to guide you... fools over to the Soliusu. And then come back in three days. If you aren't dead that is. I'm from the Veriaiara tribe, some eh.. "Mevoi" miles in the East. Many miles away, that's how your tongue says."

"A bit of a warning before we take off on our adventure. We'll be walking the entire way. So that means, you will have to follow exactly as I say. Don't walk off, don't go sightseeing, and don't try to head off into the jungle. Good? Then lets get on our way."

The massive humanoid promptly took the lead, her head jingling with the sounds of traditionally made beads and only primitive implements of decor. Really. After a hundred meters, she suddenly spoke again.

"So, what do you think of the Hegemony huh? I hear they're some massive galactic power at least, in this sector of the eh "Mauati" or Galaxy in your tongue."

"To clear things up, I'm a native. I came to that installation ten years ago as apart of a raiding party. We were there to do some damage, and maybe cart a idiot or two into the jungle. But eh, something happened that day. We still don't know, but somehow we found ourselves sucked into a education program there. My classmates... really liked that teacher. We called her Mother, but I don't see how that's relevant to this. So- All in all, we'll be heading to see the Chief of the Soliusu tribe. Ask him to stay and study them. Then come on back after three days. But during those three days, you'll be on your own. So that means: Don't. Hurt. Anyone. That's because you'll cause a massive incident and you'll be stranded here. The Scientists told me to tell you, that if you do they'll shoot you on sight. Whatever that means."

"So far, the village Chief is Morati-Qui. You are to treat him with respect. He's the one that holds the key to your stay there. So please make a good first impression. The tribe's Shaman is Ui-tia-Qui, She is what you call: "Force Sensitive" though she mostly is the prophet and soothsayer there. She should be your go-to for village custom and laws. Together, they have a single daughter. Her name is Reyari, a bit of a hothead and somewhat naiive but she's the next Shaman. Well, what I hear is that she is available, so... its up to you there."

"Just over this ridge, you'll be able to see it from there. You can't miss it."

Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Suya Baeji Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn The Monster The Monster Reyari Te Pewmsneri

Leenic followed closely behind the scientist, staying near the front of the group as he did so. He was hardly focusing on the man in front of them, however, as his senses were acting up. It seemed as though the world around him was connected to the force in some way, but that wasn't what he was focused on. He was instead focused on the woman standing near him. Obviously, she had two lightsabers that would lead the common person to believe she was a Jedi, but her force aura sat in the grey area. This train of thought was broken by the Native woman that approached their group and begun talking. Leenic stared up in some awe at how tall she was, muttering: "And I thought I was tall." He glanced at the beads she had on her head before promptly following this "guide" down the trail.

They had walked for a little bit before the woman said that they would see the village from over the ridge, and Leenic quickly took the opportunity to study it and its surroundings for any potential threats and escape routes should he ever need them. He kneeled down on the ridge and pulled his binocular-antenna down over his right eye. It projected the village and the heat signatures around it, showing multiple villagers walking around and some nearby wildlife. No trails out could be seen other than the one they were on, but he decided another minute of looking wouldn't hurt anyone.

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn Reyari Te Pewmsneri Suya Baeji

Sergei sighed quietly under his helmet. So this was one of those planets. No matter, the exposure to foreign cultures would be good for his men when they were on deep missions inside enemy territory to infiltrate compounds and destroy them without alerting the enemy, but also the locals. He watched the large alien walk up to them with the practiced gaze of someone who's seen his fair share of fights, and while he figured that he could probably tackle on these on his own, knew that for your average soldier they'd be easily overpowered in a fist fight. But something else caught his gaze when he was studying the surrounding area. Firstly was that all of the soldiers were of the same height, like they were exactly the same height. And they all looked damn near identical. Nobody was able to get that level of precision. He'd heard of warlords painting faces of people to mask their differences, and or wearing helmets so that they would look the same. But you could always tell the difference between soldiers aside from eye and hair color. People naturally walked different, moved different, and no amount of brain washing, or drills could erase a particular person's natural gait.

What the hell had he walked his men into?

And then there was the native that they'd spoken to.

"To clear things up, I'm a native. I came to that installation ten years ago as apart of a raiding party. We were there to do some damage, and maybe cart a idiot or two into the jungle. But eh, something happened that day. We still don't know, but somehow we found ourselves sucked into a education program there. My classmates... really liked that teacher. We called her Mother, but I don't see how that's relevant to this. So- All in all, we'll be heading to see the Chief of the Soliusu tribe. Ask him to stay and study them. Then come on back after three days. But during those three days, you'll be on your own. So that means: Don't. Hurt. Anyone. That's because you'll cause a massive incident and you'll be stranded here. The Scientists told me to tell you, that if you do they'll shoot you on sight. Whatever that means,"

Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn

He subconsciously noted the phrase as the first sign of brainwashing was someone didn't remember why they were behaving the way they were. And the behavior change itself was radical. He'd seen enough of that kind of depravity on his homeworld to recognize it the moment they'd said that. He would keep this to himself, and wait for something else to give him the indications that this was indeed what he thought he was seeing.

However while all of this was going on, he looked about and saw the surroundings. To put it bluntly this place was amazing. He saw plants and floating rocks about them, noting that this place while he'd some definitely out of the way worlds, this was definitely something else. He let his eyes wander as his helmet would slight move from left to right as he took it all in, keeping quiet as he kept following the group. He kept "eyes" on everyone including the Mandalorian who he felt was being a little more aggressive with his recon. But this was a civilian trip after all. His recruits kept up with him and the rest of the group, one of the men actively looking all around in awe. Sergei didn't mind him looking about, so long as he didn't act a fool and lose track of where he was going. If he had ten credits for every time that happened...

"All this walking seemed easier on paper," Chybo thought to himself.
He tried to keep a mental note of everything Lex had said, but it proved to be difficult with so much to take in. After all, this was a planet unlike any he had seen before. Chybo double checked himself to make sure everything was accounted for. It wasn't much use seeing as his ship wasn't even on the planet, but a little piece of mind never hurt. He was wearing his favorite green flight suit, along with a backpack filled with rations and various handheld tools one would expect a mechanic to carry. He also had a holstered blaster pistol. He hoped he wouldn't need to use it, in fact he wasn't entirely sure how to use it, but he figured it would be foolish to go to an unknown world with strangers without being armed. Lex's specific instructions to not hurt anyone provided him with some comfort as he continued to walk with the group.

Eventually they made it to the ridge, and Chybo eagerly made his way up. He initially looked at the village, but his gaze shifted towards the Mandalorian, who was intently using his binocular-antennae. Chybo didn't know the first thing about scouting, so he had no idea what the Mandalorian was looking for exactly. He looked around blankly before focusing back on the village. He wasn't entirely sure what to expect here, but he was excited nonetheless.

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R
Pandora-HomeTree.jpg

The sight which had greeted them was not only a small village. A few miles behind it stood the largest tree any of the Pioneers have seen in their lives. Extended three miles up above the jungle floor, this tree was something of a anomaly in the wider galaxy. The ecology of this planet was definitely intriguing. Those who had experience with trees and how they grow can deduce that this massive singular entity was not a single tree. But multiple gargantuan ones which grew together and eventually fused. From this distance, many other trees of a similar size could be seen dotting the horizon. Marking out spots where similar Pure-blood Villages were located.

However, the smaller village at the bottom of the gorge seemed to be quite tiny compared to the massive signs of civilization just a few miles further away. Perhaps this was a satellite village, or a hunting town. By examining it from this safe distance The Monster The Monster could probably deduce that it was the latter. A village made up entirely of adult male and female hunters seemingly stoking small flames in fire-pits in many sectors of the village. One odd fact stuck out, which was a seemingly modern looking building sitting just at the village. It appeared to be a small school built by the Scientists a few miles back at Base Camp. Upon closer inspection, there would be school children seen in the windows of the building. Writing things out in overly large desks. Even as juveniles, they were six feet tall. A far cry from conventional human children.

Lex was seen kneeling down upon the gorge. She'd apparently take out a small notebook, where she'd write something into it briefly before handing it off to Suya Baeji . If Suya looked at it, it would clearly read out the multitude of edible plant life to look for as they continued their walk. Lex looked down at those around her, before gesturing outwards toward the massive tree. She'd attempt to explain its purpose.

"That down there, Is the Soliusu village. We call them Home-Trees. Up to eight-thousand of us live there. Typically the age of these trees are about ten-thousand to fifteen thousand years old, and were home to many generations of Purebloods. The Chieftan, his mate and his heir live there at the middle portion. Inside it's mostly hollow, with a spiral core which leads up to living areas, and bedding chambers. Believe me, if you don't like heights. You won't like it at all."

In the air above them, Pureblooded riders flying atop large quadrupedal flying animals were seen flying ahead. Perhaps these were scouts for the main village. At this distance, the ornamentation was visible with their drapery's and finely made bows and stone tipped daggers. Their respective mounts were brightly colored in blues, greens, and oranges. They circled overhead, with their riders attempting to get a good look at those in the group. Surely, they didn't think them as enemies as they simply gathered into a V formation and flew off back to their Tree in the distance. Lex then, pointed down at the village.

"Down there, in that spot is where first contact took place between the Off-Worlders and my people. At first, we didn't trust eachother well and came to blows often. But after a while, we discovered that they too had peaceful intentions for this world. Which is why I chose to join their Educational Program all those years ago. Teach my brothers and sisters the wonders of the Galaxy."

"Now, this village is of mostly young men and women. Many of them are attempting the "Noukaema" the "Rite of Passage" to become an adult. Typically these aspiring hunters are given bows by their fathers and given a handler from the village. One of the older hunters to guide them in their first hunt. Usually, they bring back smaller prey in an attempt to make things easier. But, usually the ones who bring back a whole "Denarsiu" horse get honored. They are extremely difficult to bring down, even with the weapons of light and fire your people wield. Now, in there is the schoolhouse where the Aspirants are trained in basic anatomy of the various animals before they head out for their first hunt. Sometimes, the Aspirants choose to live here once they earn the right to become a Man or Woman. Which is why it had also been delegated to become both a education center and a school house for the little ones. Come, We'll go through first and greet them before heading off."

"Now, as a bit of a warning. Most of them in the village are well acquainted with the men of Science back at the Base Camp and trust any off-world-er. So, don't fight back if they attempt to give you something. It is custom of us to welcome those of another tribe with trinkets and gifts."

Lex would steadily stand up, and would gesture to the rest of the group of follow. The ledge of the cliff-face cave way to a small carved in section into the rock. A sort of stairway down to the floor below carved in with primitive tools and the like. But, thanks to the large gait of a native, the shorter humans and aliens in the group would have to take one step with two feet instead of one like Lex, in fear of falling over. As they descended, a few of the tribes-people would wave to them. With many of them gawking at the new comers in a language unknown to those in the group.

"Now, be pleasant. Don't look down on them, treat them as your equal. You might not know what they're saying. But just smile, and continue on."

d5qndsr-102b1642-27d6-4f00-85f7-14b861162f76.png

"The Hunters"

As they entered the outskirts of the village, a large multitude of adolescent Hunters and Huntesses would walk up and greet Lex. They would bow their heads and speak with smiles upon their faces. Surely, it was untranslatable to even those in the group with universal translators. However, as they towered overhead at least a few of them would gaze upon the smaller Humanoids in the group. One of them probably made a joke, where at least a few of them laughed. Revealing their sharp canines and feline like features. Surely, they bore a little resemblance to the Cathar in the rest of the Galaxy but they were wholly alien. Of course, they had tails which swished around behind them, adding to their feline based roots.

A tall male Hunter would take a knee in-front of Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil he'd had this sneering expression on his face. Friendly, but a little domineering he'd say something. Where the only words audible, or even known by the folks in the group would be:

"Warrior... Warrior?"

Oddly enough the Hunter reached into a basket he brought with him. Handing the Mandalorian a rather crude looking Implement of skinning animals. It was a hand-axe of primitive make and was rather crudely chipped to make a cutting edge. It was all one stone, a black looking glass stone. Likely obsidian and had its fair share of use in the past years. It was likely a minor gift, just to learn some more about the Mando's culture or equipment. Maybe the Mando would attempt to tell this Tribal what he was carrying in his holsters or in his pack as a sort of friendly gesture.

On another note, A similarly sized Female to Lex stepped forward. She wore the traditional clothing of a Huntress. Beads, and decorations of small rodent skulls which hung off her loincloth and reed necklace. She appeared to be cordial enough, as she used her massive 12 foot tall bow to steady herself as she knelt down to eye level with The Monster The Monster she smirked at him. She seemed to be completely unphased by his rather "Steely Expression" as she said something. Surely, the tone was with some kind of insult which immediately returned a response by one of her friends. Who quite unceremoniously slapped her in the back of the head with her tail. The other Native said something, likely as a "Dont do that to them." which was returned with an Eye-Roll. Meanwhile, as custom this Female handed Sergei a single Four foot tall arrow. It was finely made with some sort of brown wood, and was tipped with a sharp barb of obsidian and fletched with some feathers coming from some massive flying beast.

Lastly, Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn was met by a Older Native Hunter. Boy was this man huge, at least ten-feet tall of pure muscle and looked like he'd seen his fair share of animal attacks. Judging by the amount of slash scars seen upon his body which went over his natural blue colored markings. He spoke with a low voice, a somewhat friendly one as be bore this neutral expression on his face as he briefly examined Chybo. He'd be continually standing as he looked toward Lex and nodded. He'd hand her a small gift, before she handed it to Chybo. If Chybo examined it. It was a finely made talisman made from what looked to be a bird skull. For one of the natives, it was quite small as a necklace but for Chybo it was the perfect size to wear over his neck.

As they group wrapped up, and the natives walked away. Lex would speak again.

"Now that's over. Let's go. We have quite a few miles of grassland before we make it to Hometree."

The crew walked on, spurred by Lex's informative stats about Village life as they left the Hunter's Village. The Hunters they have met were seen conversing before one of them Turned and waved them goodbye. It was the Older Hunter of course.

"Now, village life is extremely complicated here on Pathorai. Each person is equal in our eyes. No matter the color of their "Leya" or "Skin" in your tongue. I hear of horrible things being done to individuals who look different on other worlds. I cannot fathom the thought of that happening here on my home."

"Each village governs itself differently from the rest, yet all seem to focus upon a system where a a female heir is the true leader, while the male is the local leader in charge of governing, and garnering relations with other tribes. Or in this case, the off-worlders. I highly recommend greeting the Chieftan on the Soliusu with a nod. That is to show respect, which is a good way to garner good relations. I will be taking you to him, you'll meet him, the Shaman, and his daughter. You'll be put in as one of the "Drivers" for a Local "body." I cannot explain how it works. You'll meet the envoy there, His name is ehm... Viceroy Ventius Goerthal. They say he's some ruler of a world near by. A place called "Bogo-Rai." Where ever that is."

Lex would continue walking. The locals were breathtaking. The gravity was slightly lower than typical, the temperature was perfect at a 68 degree Fahrenheit temperature. It was as if this world was perfectly aligned with its parent star in the "Golden Spot". As they walked, the sun began to go down and the world was drenched in darkness. It was nearly pitch-black. Though the Home-Tree grew larger and larger as they approached the outskirts. Lex spoke up.

"Let's hold on a moment."

1843737_orig.gif

Lex would remain silent. The sounds of the calls of local fauna could be heard coming from the Jungle off to their right. Screeches, Moans, etcetera. It was as if at night the world became a lot more dangerous. In the day it was downright pleasant but at night, this could be the closest place of hell in the Galaxy. However as if the World suddenly became alive. The areas around them began to glow colors. The ground itself was bio-luminescent, and with every step the people took, the ground glowed colors of blue and green. The world lit up, and everything became visible again. The plants glowed, the trees glowed, even the small insects and rodents also glowed. If anyone turned their gaze upon Lex, small specks of glowing material lit up in her face. A dull blue glow. Lex would smile.

"Breath-taking isn't it? Lets carry on."

Lex would begin walking again, clearly at ease. And fearless of what would come next. The edge of the Home-Tree was visible now.

"Are we ready to go?"

Leenic took a step back when the hunter approached him, placing a hand on his blaster when the Hunter reached for something. He relaxed a little when he saw that what the Hunter had was simply a gift. Leenic looked at the man and nodded. "Yeah, Hunter." Leenic said, slowly taking the axe and putting it on his belt. He then decided it would be best to give the hunter something in return, so he reached down and grabbed his vibro knife from its holster inside of his boot. He held it towards the hunter and the alien took it, nodded at Leenic, then stepped back with the other hunters. Leenic was a bit confused by the encounter, but was overall happy that he had gotten a new weapon for himself.

At Lex's command, Leenic fell in behind her, listening to what she had to say as well as taking in the scenery. Now that he wasn't focused on scanning for potential threats he took a minute to take in the landscape. It reminded him of his home on Kashyyyk, which in turn caused him to remember that he still had to drop off his last payment for his own tribe. He remained quiet for the time being, too caught up in the nature around him to be able to focus on anyone else.

Last edited:
Sergei watched the huntress approach him intently keeping his face calm and his body posture relaxed as she approached and made her comment. He decided that it was probably a little less respectful to keep his face hidden due to the polarization of his helmet, and after she'd made the comment he reached up and touched a small button to revert the polarization of the face shield, revealing a smiling, confident face underneath. He saw her pass an arrow to him, and after inspecting the arrow, reached into his leg pouch and pulled a small silver dart from it. He flipped the small dart into the air letting the sun gleam off the solid metal piece and he caught it by the tip of the dart. It being a single solid piece with no technological additives or anything other than it was a solid metal dart and said two words as to the dart's meaning.

"Good luck,"

He passed the small thing over to the huntress reverently, and before long had tucked the arrow across his pack as it was too large to fit inside properly. As such it was quite comical that a man his size was carrying such a large arrow, but he didn't think twice on it, when they were prepping to leave he turned and gave a friendly raise of his hand goodbye. Afterwards he turned back in and followed the group as they continued. When night time came Sergei made a mental note to keep an eye on the recruits as they kept walking, and not too soon either. The one that had a habit of looking around tripped and fell over a piece of ground debris. Sergei simply walked over to him and helped him up out of the way of everyone else so as to not hold up the rest of the group. He dusted him off and spoke through the comms silently, making sure he was okay, and advising him to keep his eyes on what was in front of him. He heard what the guide had told them and spoke up as he heard them being drivers for something.

"Ma'am if it's all the same I'd rather keep my senses as they are. Besides it's not my intent to deceive the people who are intending to be our hosts. I'm sure whomever we're meeting could understand us wanting to be honest and not attempt any kind of hiding or deception,"

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Reyari Te Pewmsneri Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn Suya Baeji

Suya Baeji

S
To be honest Suya wasn't paying attention to anything the tall blue woman was saying. She was hungry and couldn't find anything to eat so she looked through the whole catalog of edible plant life. She was looking for some fruits in particular but it had been a while since she had some good meat but probably messing up the ecosystem of the planet wasn't the smartest idea. But there was some really nice fruit that looked delicious. Her stomach continued to growl as the list of edible vegetation came with pictures that she could taste them just by looking at them. So for her own sake she put the notebook away and followed the rest of the group around the area.

As they toured past the hunters, she stared in amazement as they towered over her and as they bent down to offer gifts to the bunch, Suya was hoping she would receive some sort of gift but she was the only one to not get one and she pouted making her annoyance clear. But they had no time to waste. So she just followed the rest of the group. She was now taking in and admiring the scenery wandering aimlessly paying no mind to what anyone was saying.

Chybo instinctively took a step back as the massive blue hunter approached. He watched curiously as the hunter handed Lex a talisman, who then handed it to Chybo. He could tell it was well made, and he became somewhat saddened when he saw the others were also able to give gifts in return. A respectful nod to both Lex and the hunter was the best he could do as he put the talisman around his neck.

He stuck with the group as they followed Lex, and eventually it became night. His Sullustan eyes allowed him to see well in the dark, especially with the help of all the bio-luminescent life on the planet. He contemplated helping when one of the mercenaries tripped, but he thought back to what Lex had said earlier about staying on the path, and decided to stick with her. He was a little nervous now that the animals of the planet could be heard more clearly, but everyone else seemed fine so he continued on.

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R
cca5fe5282a124d3241832edce1ad8ce.jpg

Lex and her compatriots soon came across the hill before them. It lead up, and was easily pockmarked with signs of previous habitation. Above them, stood the massive silhouette of the Soliusu Clan's Home-Tree. It extended at least three miles up, and could be seen likely from the furthest reaches of the planet as the bastion of paleolithic civilization. As they crested the hill, those who gazed past lex could see groups of Hunters, Villagers, Natives, and Warriors, all going about their late evening rituals and the like. A few of them glanced up, greeting Lex and the group with a friendly smile and wave. With a few of them calling out with what could be inferred to be some sort of localized greeting. Most were suspicious of the newcomers as massive twelve foot tall beasts of war rode up with their riders perched above them. These "Horsemen" had spears, and bows with arrows nocked and ready to fire. Compared to the average villager, the riders made horsemanship their pure specialization. They were far more decorated than any of their Villager counterparts and looked the part too. With plums of hair which nodded terribly above their heads, and arrows long enough to skewer a man straight through Durasteel Armor.

A frightening sight indeed as the pure size difference between them and the visitors were stark and clearly visible. The leader of the Horsemen, spoke something toward Lex in a somewhat Angry tone. Where she then, responded in a calmer tone though somewhat inconvenienced by this stop . Lex made sure to clarify her motives to her compatriots by speaking up.

"This is Retuculani. The finest warrior in the Soliusu clan. A man worthy enough to be a suitor to Chief Morati-Qui's Daughter. Just follow me, and everything will be fine. There are some of your people inside already. You call them... "Templars" or "Telepaths"."

Retuculani made a gesture with his spear into the entrance of the Tree. He pointed it straight at it, and spoke.
"This way off-worlders."

He rode slowly alongside them, making sure they wouldn't run off at the sight of any sort of armed conflict. But, this slow escort gave the people in the group time to examine their surroundings. Surely, it was a Paleolithic era civilization. Utterly primitive in design and specifications, even though thousands of years have passed since the invention of the Hyperdrive. The people used Reed Clothing, with sporadic usage of cloths of varying types. Some sort of cotton there, the pelt of some animal here. What was noted, is that the natives wore very little of clothing. Only enough to really cover up the groin region and the breasts for females. Likely a side-effect of the rather pleasant atmospheric temperatures and pressure which gives Pathorai its distinctive "Perfect Weather". It was hardly notable, for a primitive species likely doesn't have the capabilities to manufacture and mass produce clothing to wear. As they approached the main gate, inscriptions of various types were seen emblazoned on the Tree's thick bark, likely a sort of motto, or greeting. The writing of these Natives was highly angular, and with limited deviation from the number 8. Most words seemed to consist of eight symbols with others consisting of four or less. The eagle eyed among the group would note that all of the natives had four fingers. One index finger, One middle, One pinkie, and one thumb. Likely their system of counting stems from the number eight, and goes up to sixteen.

839752a2963509ee9bf57aab469b26a1.jpg

"The Chief"

The tribes-folk seemed to be pleasant enough, with most of them going about their daily businesses of hunting and gathering for supplies and foodstuffs, with agriculture being wholly alien concepts. Surely enough, there were signs of agriculture inside of the tree's entrance but it was only with small and quite dull fruits and vegetables. Likely plants that had been introduced by the Catharian Hegemony's Scientists to coax the natives into cordial relations. Surely enough, as Lex and her motley crew entered the main chamber of the tree. Fires were lit inside, kept safe by the use of some sort of naturally occurring insulator which kept the light, but left the heat in. It seems that they walked in onto a oral address in session. As a single tall individual, clad head to toe in presumably the most dangerous animals killed and adorned with a beautiful headdress of some kind of flight feathered animal. This was Chief Morati-Qui. Standing to his left was presumably his Bodyguard who was slightly less well dressed. Only clad in skins and scales by the looks of it. However, the more interesting side was consisting of a quite old woman who was clad in the notable garbs of the Shaman. Feathers, and bones, etcetera. This was Utia-Qui the wife of the Chief. Next to her stood a rather young looking Native. A Green Eyed and Blue skinned one. Female of course. This was surely Reyari. The heir to the Throne. She looked quite well. Bored to say the least, and she idly gazed about the crowd until she caught eyes with Lex. Then her eyes visibly widened and she said something inaudible to her Mother who then whispered something into the Chief's ear. After a few seconds of searching, his eyes met with Lex and a smile appeared. He shouted something over the muffled talking of the rest of the Home-Trees inhabitants before raising a hand. It was as if a Force User mind-tricked everyone to part like the Red Sea. Revealing a singular path toward the podium of wood where the Chief, his Wife, and his Daughter stood.

Lex made sure to iron out any last minute preparations by telling the crew of the proper etiquette.

"Remember. Don't make any sudden movements for your belt areas. And don't shake the Chief's hand. Simply listen to what he has to say and I'll leave you here in his care when I go return to Base Camp. He's friendly, I assure you. You'll be here as a guest."

The eagle eyed among the group could spot a two odd looking individuals lurking just off to their left. They wore clad in black robes, and appeared to be the same height as an average human. The only thing that was distinguishable, was the fronts of their helmets which encompassed their entire head. The lines in this helmet pulsated with a dull purple glow. Surely these were the "Telepaths" Lex was talking about prior. If anyone read a book on the armies of Cathay. These were the finest Force-Sensitive Warriors the Autocrat could bring to bear on her enemies. Force Users of near legendary status who were able to conjure up destructive force storms miles wide. And literally rend the flesh from a person's bones only using their mind. Dangerous individuals indeed.

As the gang marched forward, a few hands extended out from the crowd. With a few touching Lex on the shoulders, and others touching the heads and shoulders of the off-worlders. Perhaps this was how they greeted foreigners or visitors. An odd ritual to be sure, but it was over-passed by the sudden smell of something cooking nearby. Likely in a chamber above. A dining hall perhaps? Maybe they arrived just in time for dinner. As they stood at the front of the crowd. The Chief stepped down, touching Lex on the shoulder as he moved back to greet the crew.

"I am Chief Morati-Qui. I am the leader of the Soliusu clan. Tell me, who am I greeted with? Foreigners? Looters? Scouts? Spies? Scientists, perhaps a researcher?"

Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn Suya Baeji The Monster The Monster Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Sergei would follow the rest in, noting the that gathering here was more of a centralized colony or tribe of sorts for the current species. He studied it intently, however his helmet would move only slightly left to right as he gazed across the scene before him. His keen eyes picked up everything, from what the capabilities of the natives were, to their numbers and possible scenarios they could attack and defend themselves. And for someone at this place in their current history, they surprisingly held up. He was slightly impressed at the horse mounted cavalry that they sent to "greet" them, noting their harsher tones but never actually showing any signs of distress or worry. Even with their weapons, he had a full combat load of ammo, and his Big Iron hand cannon was already loaded. And he'd already killed things a lot more terrifying than them with that thing. He immediately banished the memory from thought though as the pain of seeing his men torn apart attempted to come back to the front. And he wasn't quite ready for that.

He kept a watchful gaze on the group of riders, and his pose said one thing in particular. I am not the one in danger here, so don't provoke me. The other recruits behind him tried to match his pure fearless and determined attitude, but having the courage from fighting Sith Spawn the size of these things, if not bigger than the mounts and riders put together, was not a skill one taught. If anything it would display to the others that Sergei at least was more than capable of handling himself. But he didn't underestimate these riders either. This was their home turf, and home field advantage was a very real thing. So Sergei understood that he needed to appear confident and respectful to the people before him, but not shy away or act submissive when challenged. As he caught glances from other people being friendly he'd wave back in return, returning kindness with his own. He then remembered something that one of the other people had mentioned earlier that they were hungry and hadn't eaten. He figured there was something on the way probably but it wouldn't hurt to pass her something before they got where they were going, reaching into his belt casually and holding out one of the nutri-bars for Suya Baeji . If taken she would discover that it was more of crumble styled bar with various dried fruit, nuts and vannilla flavored paste. His voice through the speakers was calm and collected towards her.

"My apologies Ma'am, you mentioned you hadn't eaten. If you don't mind, our ship's cook makes these for us, it's vanilla flavored. Very good and nutritious,"

He would then focus back to the front, noting the various people here around the room, especially the people in the crowd that were most definitely out of place. Sergei counted them more out of habit than anything and his head ran scenarios where this might go sideways and people turned violent. It helped keep him mentally awake after all. Noting they were in quite a large tree, and technically inside, Sergei did what was customary for someone of his upbringing.

He reached up to where his helmet met the neck of his body glove, and with a couple of audible clicks, and a slightly loud hiss of the helmet depressurizing, took off his helmet. The face below was pale, healthy but very pale, with short cut blonde hair, and scars running across the face, including what looked like large claw marks across the right side of his head. He kept his expression neutral however, signalling the rest of his recruits to do the same with a simple turn of his head toward them. He held the helmet in his left arm at his waist as he waited for whatever was to happen next would unfold. He did however watch the "chief" with interest.

Reyari Te Pewmsneri Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Suya Baeji

Entering the tree, Chybo repeated Lex's advice multiple times in his head. It wasn't often that people met chiefs on remote planets, so he wanted to do his best not to mess it up. He glanced curiously at the 2 masked figures, but he had too much on his mind to fully process it. He continued with Lex and the others, hands touching his shoulders and head in the process. Normally this would make him somewhat uncomfortable, but a pat on the head was the least unusual thing he had witnessed all day.

Chybo soon became distracted by the smell of something cooking. It reminded him of the fact that he had eaten nothing but prepackaged rations for days, causing him to get lost in the thought of eating a home cooked meal. When he finally snapped back into reality, he realized he was in the presence of the Chief himself. Chybo's daydream had caused him to forget Lex's advice, and he stared blankly before finally beginning to speak.
"Oh uh," he took a moment to process what had been asked. "I'm Ch-Chybo Fenn sir, it's an honor to meet you". He bowed, cringing on his way down. He knew he wasn't smooth, but this was a whole nother level.

Reyari Te Pewmsneri

R
bf44e5fa0266a57e4cec083386857460.jpg

The Chieftan smiled at Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn . He was quite amused at the sudden groveling that he was presented with. More than perhaps anyone in the local area has ever done at all. He let out a small laugh, a quite hearty chuckle. He was impressed, not because Chybo made a fool of himself. But of his over-analysis of the situation. He spoke to Chybo directly, his voice deep and heavily accented with a Native Tongue.

"I am honored to meet you my friend. Surely, the trip here wasn't too tiring. We all know how the Off-worlders can act toward the people heading into their territory. We know their ways, their methods. Perhaps it wasn't the wisest choice to accept the offer to come here. The people of the Catharian Hegemony likely know everything from the moment you were born, perhaps to this day. You shouldn't trust them."

He stepped down, examining The Monster The Monster briefly. Making sure to examine his face. He'd walk behind him examining his armor, and the inexperienced Troops he brought with him. He'd stop in-front of Sergei, before speaking again.

"You know your destiny don't you boy. To train your followers so that they would become exalted amongst the galaxy again. Perhaps you are lost and seek something more than yourself."

He then faced Suya Baeji . Examining her up and down. He'd speak directly to her.

"You are what the Hegemony calls "Force Sensitive" aren't you? You have walked both paths. Light and Dark. And have come to rest in the middle. I envy your change of heart. Perhaps you have a calling in the future."

Lastly, he stood before Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil . He spoke to Leenic.

"You lost your home. Your people, your very identity. I see it despite the helmet which covers your face. I ask you this. Is that the end of your people? Or is it a rebirth in flames?"

This strange display was of course, quite odd to those standing behind Lex. This odd rhetoric seemed to be either a keen prediction, or a short guess about those who came from off-world. Surely, it wasn't no mere coincidence. Maybe this was a way of discovering how outsiders are. Or perhaps it was an odd prophecy about to be created.

He once again took up a position at their head. As he spoke something toward Lex. Who simply stared on wide-eyed. Lex made sure not to say anything. She only merely nodded her head before turning and leaving, therefor. Leaving the members of the expedition stranded alone, among a field of Blue Aliens. A terrifying aspect for sure. Meanwhile, now that Lex was gone. The Chieftain was free to speak again once more.

"You shall be staying with my people and I for three days. In three days time, Your handler shall return for you. But during these three days, it will be the hardest of your life. As you shall learn of how the Soliusu Clan deals in its culture. Before you leave in three-days time. Each of you will become One of the People. It is learn, or die. In the coming days, few of you will make it out alive... I entrust my daughter, Reyari to teach you the ways of my people."

Reyari looked absolutely gobsmacked. As if what the Chieftain said when completely out of left-field. Her eyes were wide open, and she looked quite distressed. Of course, she went on a tirade of pleading and arguing in a few angered tones. The only words gleaned from it was.

"Father-- No! -- I will not!"

Reyari's Father looked back, casting a angry gaze back which seemed to put the young Pure-Blood in her Place. She went silent and bowed her head. A now slightly sad looking expression crept on her face. Despite the Expedition members not knowing their language, they could learn that Reyari's pleading was one of the most impassioned sort of complaining there was. Of course, what came next was the Chieftain who spoke once again.

"If you would join us, for tonight's supper. I will be immensely grateful, if you all would attend."

Leenic hadn't paid much attention to what the Chieftain had said at first, but when he noticed that the alien had turned to him he begun to pay attention. Leenic looked into the Chief's eyes with a rock-hard stare. Surely, this would be no different from the other talks he had received from these tribal-types: something about 'future' and all that stuff that he wasn't interested. But as he listened, his eyes widened a bit and his expression softened a little. He was taken aback by the Chief's words, so much that the image of his mother's face flashed in front of him, sickly and on her deathbed where he had left her... Leenic's legs stopped working momentarily, causing him to stumble backward a step before regaining his composure and coughing to remove the lump that had just formed in his throat. Leenic then stepped back into the group, avoiding eye contact with the Chief at all costs.

Leenic was once again disconnected from the situation up until the point that the Chief's heir begun to argue with him. Leenic mentally tuned back in and watched the exchange, even laughing a bit when the girl was defeated by her father's gaze. He glanced around the room, but his train of thought was interrupted by the Chief's invitation to have dinner with the tribe. "Certainly would be interesting." Leenic muttered. "Get to try out some exotic foods too."

Sergei kept his face impassive as he watched what happened in front of him, thinking to himself that he really wanted to smack the smaller alien upside the head for really just dropping the ball like that. Ugh, hopefully the locals didn't take too much offense to it. Sergei was just thinking of how to diffuse the situation when the chief started laughing at the display. He let himself mentally relax after that, and the chief began to inspect their little party. When he spoke directly to Sergei, he had to bite back a small retort at being called a "boy". He'd seen more in his short span of travelling the galaxy than some had ever fought in a lifetime. He decided against correcting the elder for now, he'd get his chance to prove him wrong later.

Him mentioning that he was seeking something else wasn't too far off from the truth. His cause had grown, from a simple idea of a man making his way, to a mercenary company that was in all designed to be the best way someone could possibly improve their life. He gave people who had nothing something to hope for, to fight for. He gave his new ideals for a better tomorrow and that's exactly what they had come to embody, the ferocity of what everyone should have when it comes to the future. A future where professionals did the fighting and keeping the wolves at bay, protecting the common man and giving those too weak to fight hope. So why did he feel lacking? What else did he seek?

His mind flashed to barely months ago on a world called Artisia when a viral outbreak turned the population stark raving mad. How they'd infected his team one by one. How in a last act of mercy, when he'd slain the undead spawn that attempted to kill them all, he'd had to execute his last remaining team member to spare him from turning in the infection. The thoughts he'd had, how his hands shook from the deed. The words spoken before death.

"Till we see each other again in Valhalla,"

"Ego. Sum. Dignus,"
had been Connor's reply.

And Sergei killed him. Mercifully he'd ended the man's pain, but it still haunted him. That he'd had to go to such lengths to spare his men. That he'd had to end it by his hand, and because it didn't seem to matter how hard they trained. Men, still, died. His men. His brothers and sisters. And from his days back on his homeworld, he'd survived it all, somehow. His body refused to let him die.

He was snapped out of it when the chief mentioned them being taught by his daughter, and that their guide would be leaving for the next couple of days. Her protest was noted, but Sergei figured that this was odd, however deciding that this would be interesting. Maybe they would still get the training he was hoping to get from being here. He bowed his head slightly in respect and then spoke loudly.

"We would be honored,"

Reyari Te Pewmsneri Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Chybo Fenn Chybo Fenn Suya Baeji

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom