Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Solidarity In Darkness

Khympye.jpg

V A N Q U O

The sleek shuttle burst from hyperspace and careened down towards the verdant world lost amidst a backdrop of unfathomable blackness.
Typically, this ship's master wouldn't have traveled to this world for nearly any reason, it simply held no value for him in his eyes. However, there were people who lived on the world that had earned his interest. Through intermediaries, they had exchanged correspondence and had come to something on an agreement concerning a common enemy they both shared.
That of the rogue warlord Kaine Australis and his ilk.
The boy that the Emperor had strongarmed for information had given him some useful tidbits, but ultimate the traitors on the Empire's border had sapped his attention. It was concluded that such information could better be used to aid those who could handle this problem for him, and so he found himself traveling to Vanquo. It was a world of forests nestled between staggering mountain ranges, each one caressing the very roof of the sky that hung over it. The forests themselves were so numerous and tightly packed, that it was nearly impossible to see the ground below except where the trees mercifully parted into open fields.
Fortunately, he would not need to trek through woodland this day. He possessed clearance codes that allowed him to land at the compound of Clan Solus, Darasuum'yaim; the Eternal Home. It was a collection of white buildings, sharp and sleek, offset by the bright blue tint of their windows. A lake rested nearby, its shimmering surface offering some measure of tranquility no doubt. The shuttle settled down at the allotted landing zone, the ramp lowering to allow him to exit the craft. Behind him strode two of his guards, their armor bright and red, but no one else followed. The man himself wore a set of dark garments that contrasted harshly with his more lively surroundings.
He was taller than most, perhaps the tallest man there. He stuck out easily, but he was not trying to hide.
He had been invited, after all.
"Inform your clan leader than I, Emperor Zambrano, have arrived."

Azure did not approve of this.

Not. At. All.

Agreeing to peaceful coexistence with the Sith, who slaughtered and genocided so many vode... It sickened her, but she knew her Alor felt the same. This was only to ensure the Clan's survival, with the Sith so close to their home. Azure would do the same, in Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus ' position.

The witch eyed the shuttle of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex as it landed with disapproval. She watched, silently, as the ramp lowered, and the detestable man walked down it flanked by two guards. She knew not why he needed guards, as powerful as he was, but she cared not for the answer. Compensating for something, probably.

The harshest Disapproving Mom Stare was given as Azure locked eyes with him from her place before the entrance of Darasuum'Yaim. Donned in her 'gam, buy'ce held at her hip, and her hair braided back intricately, Azure recalled the words all Daughters of Allya took great heed of.

Never concede to evil.

"Alor."

A simple correction, but one given without spite or hate in her voice.

"Please remain here as I inform my Alor of your arrival."

Azure stared a moment longer, before turning around and heading towards the Alor's Hall. As she walked, she felt another somewhere behind her. Large. Non-Force Sensitive. Probably Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer if she had to guess. She had no time to confirm, however, as she entered the Hall, and looked between Cynthia and Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae .

"<He's here.>"

Sterling hummed to himself, as he donned his armor for the important meeting to come that day. Every piece of armor, fastened, slowly. The cold beskar sealing into place gave way to warmth, as his suit's temperature regulation kicked in, filling his body with the perfect warmth, something so ideal he could wade into Hoth or Illum for days, uninhibited. It was odd to feel such comfort, considering what was to come. Negotiations, something Sterling was completely unsuited for yet had been asked to be present for, perhaps as the unofficial guard of the others. Certainly the Sith Chieftain would be there, and would not be alone even despite his ability. It was the only reason he himself could glean, though truthfully he could care less.

The Sith was a tribe that held no interest to the Komo warrior, beyond his distaste for their actions against the Mandalorians in the past. But the distaste was best left to battle, and this was a fight of words not tooth and claw. Which was why he would only observe, and give what little input others might ask of him. HE turned in his sanctuary to reach for his mask, when he felt the hot breath of his beloved Krayt down the back of his neck. He smiled, shaking his head as he turned, and placed his forehead against its own gently, to calm the poor thing. It had grown quite fond of him since hatching, he really ought to give it a proper name one of these days. The thing clearly wanted to come with him, but much as Sterling would love to take him for a walk, today he could not afford the time. Instead he could only give it a few minutes, before he had to leave. Pressing the mask to his face, the helmet shuttered around his head, clicking and sealing into place. HE placed his shotgun on his back, the mag locks holding it steady, and took to the halls.

He began to tap at his wrist datapad rapidly, watching on his HUD every camera display flickering in and out of existence. Sterling had long since garnered permissions for this, and spent days finding the most useful techniques to scan rapidly across Darasuum'Yaim's entire facility. Guards in place, everything in order. Members of his clan stepped aside from him as he walked, some out of respect, others simply because they knew he wouldn't stop moving regardless of if they did or didn't. He had someone he needed to find.

There she was.

It took him nearly no time, once spotted, to find himself standing behind Azure Djitred Azure Djitred , shortly after she bid the Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex to wait. His steps were surprisingly silent now, as he shadowed her to the Alor's hall. He didn't say anything to her, instead just, watched her. Quiet concern bubbling to the surface, though only a few would be able to tell based on the way his tail flicked with unease. When they arrived, she spoke to the others present, and for his own part he offered Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus a bow, his hand over his heart pulling away as he bent to her. He managed a small tail flick in greeting to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , but went back to watching Azure with concern.

Why was she nervous

She new kaine, he was her cousin.

Yet feelings were conflicting, however she knew this would be the best option, she talked it over with cynthia. This was the surefire way to protect their clan their family from both the Sith threat and the worst theat she could think of...kaine Australis.

She felt him way before he entered the planets atmosphere, yet she couldnt leave her wife's side she was to scared to mostly. She kept a hand on hers standing tall with her gam bringing her to that 7 foot tall shining emerald. When azure came in she nodded her head and smiled gently before she took a serious look and patted Cynthia's hand, then looked to sterling as she moved her lekku in greeting to him

well, I'll go see our guest in

With that she left the hall, wmegering into the sun light as she took a depe.breath and started her way to the landing pad, putting a bright smile on her face

lord carnifex, my cousin

She bowed low in respect, then rose up as she stood tall

please follow me, cynthia'alor is awaiting you

She said motioning him to follow
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus @azure djitred S Sterling kingslayer

It had been some time since her release from hospital, Cynthia's body was frail, enough so that the woman was still bound to a hover chair. She felt shame for what had happened and even struggled with the memories that pounded her in moments of silence. They left her feeling sick with a sinking feeling in the gut along with panic attacks. People tell her that she will get better in time, but time was a luxury, one that Cynthia had not have. Compared to what today was though it made her feel disgust. She was reluctant to agree meeting the sith emperor especially since what was going on. Many mandalorians who had escaped now found refuge on Vanquo from all clans but one. Cynthia sat in the chair dressed in her underarmor that she normal wore under her Beskar'gam, for time being it was to heavy to wear. It made her feel vulnerable but she had people around her that could defend her and every soldier of clan Solus was on stand by as a precaution.

A smile reached her lips seeing Azure and Sterling enter the hall. Yet behind that smile it was clear to see Cynthia was uneasy and worried. "Thank you Azure, and Su cuy'gar to both of you." She said softly gesturing with her right hand to sit as the other held onto her wife's. Even with what was to transpire today it was nice to finally see more friendly faces. With a pat on her hand the alor of clan Solus would nod. "Thank you my love." Cynthia responded. Admittedly this interaction was likely to happen one day or another, it was best that it was on the Clans terms rather than that of a army of sith raining down to eradicate them all. Even if the world was well defended and their knowledge of the land was advantageous they would loose in less than a few months.

However in time a Demagol'ka would force the galaxy's hand to ensure that the mandalorians become nothing more than legend and story's in the history holos. It was this common enemy that it was possible that a peaceful negotiation was possible. Cynthia knew the reputation of Carnifex. He was ruthless cruel and a definition of pure evil, however he was a man of his oaths. To ensure Clan Solus had the best chance of success to remove Demagol'ka, the clan needed access to resources. She knew this was going to come at a potential sacrifice to her clan, but if it ensured that there was a safe haven for mandalorians to come to. Then they had to do this, Clan Solus could not call them selves the defenders and protectors of their people otherwise. No matter what will transpire, Cynthia will listen to her advisers and make sure that if a deal is struck, it is a fair one.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer | Azure Djitred Azure Djitred | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Khympye.jpg

V A N Q U O

He could feel the stares, many of anger, others of bewilderment, boring into his person from seemingly every angle. He ignored most of them, keeping his posture straight as he walked forward with purpose and clarity. There was one glare that drew his attention, from the woman who stood before the entryway of what passed for the Clan's main hall. His own eyes bore back into hers, and though they burned bright with a seething hatred they yet shone with utter apathy towards her own staring. A smile did, however, tug at the edges of his lips when she spoke, "Ah yes, Alor." He spoke the word with some measure of sarcasm, he was not one to think of the titles of the Mandalorian very highly. He then watched her and the larger man at her side disappear into the hall to inform their Alor of his arrival.
What emerged was not the clan's Alor, but rather someone he had come to know rather well. That alone improved the grimace he perpetually wore across his features. "My cousin Stardust. You are a welcome sight." She bowed to him and then beckoned for him to follow, which he did without hesitation. His two Crownguard would remain outside of the hall until the negotiations were over, their stoic forms dissuading all others from disturbing those who were already within.
As they emerged into the confines of the hall the Emperor had to bend to avoid smacking his head against a low-lying beam, one of the disadvantages of being larger than most other humanoids. The first thing he set his eyes on was not the Alor of Clan Solus, but the larger-than-life statue of Mand'alor the Infernal which graced the audience chamber. Slowly he walked towards it, reaching out slowly to touch the polished stone. The tips of his fingers brushed against the statue's legs, somewhat intimately, before he pulled his hand away as if the stone had grown frighteningly hot.
Only then did he turn his gaze to the leader of Clan Solus, who was currently bound to a hoverchair and deprived of most of her armor. Even though one might perceive her to be weak in her current state, the Emperor was perceptive enough to see that she was well-loved and protected by her clan. Appearances could be deceptive, as one of the architects of the deception which brought low the Galactic Alliance could tell. "Greetings, Alor Cynthia Solus. I am thankful that you have welcomed me into your home. We have many things to discuss, especially about our common enemy... Kaine Australis."

Azure watched Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae leave, and moved to stand beside Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus , a veil of concern washing over her features.

"Alor, are you sure now is the time to do this? You've barely recovered... I fear if any weakness is perceived... Even from the rest of us..."

She didn't have time to finish that thought as Stardust brought Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex into the Hall. Azure watched as he moved towards the statue, and... caressed the stone legs? Honestly she had to resist a shiver of utter disgust at the gesture, and bit her tongue instead. Disgusting, even for a Sith.

Silver eyes narrowed as the Emperor pulled his hand back, as if burned. She wished that it was, as his gaze landed on Cynthia instead. Though she wished she could turn to see how Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer was reacting, Azure did not trust the Emperor enough to turn away, even for a single second.

Stardust had entered the hall then moved out of the way motioning to the entering Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . She noted he briefly admired the statue of yasha and frowned a bit not in disgust but rather sadness as she bowed her head then turned walking over to cynthia to join her by her side, standing tall and straight with a neutral serious look on her face

She glanced to S Sterling kingslayer and moved her lekku to convey to keep sure calm as well to tell him to calm himself but offered a quick smile to say she was happy he was on guard

Watching his Chieftain, Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus , also being uncomfortable and anxious only further fueled Sterling's concern. His tail flicking uncomfortably, as he took a place standing behind Azure Djitred Azure Djitred silently as he could. He barely could give Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae any kind of acknowledgement as she left to guide their guest here. He wanted to try and convey some kind of comforting gesture or words to them both, but knowing him the words would ring hollow without an ability for proper diction, and instead he opted to remain as firm in his stance as possible, to try and give them a sense of security.

When the Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex arrived, Sterling's eyes locked onto him from behind the mask, and he watched every motion of his body with great intensity. When he stroked, near intimately, the statue of the former Chieftain-Chieftain, he could practically feel the disgust from Azure. For his own part, he considered taking his weapon and violently removing just the parts that the Emperor had touched, to make a point to him. Instead, all he did before catching himself, was a somewhat loud step forward, just slightly past Azure's side, before returning to silent stoicism.

He did not like this Chieftain, God or not.

Cynthia looked at azure as she began to convey her concerns. Everyone here knew the risks and heard stories. Yet even though the alor did not feel safe with the Sith emperor on her world and in her home, the woman knew she was. "Even if my body is weak right now vod, my mind is not. I have all of you to protect me anyway. However if it comes to your life or mine then protect your own first." She knew the man was now entering the room and had dismissed his presence just as much as he had of her's. There was a moment of trying not to be amused watching the tall behemoth of a man having to dip down under the beams. It was more the thought of him smacking his head on one that was the amusement. However it was only a moment that rapidly passed as she watched him move towards the Statue of her sister and caressed the leg of the marble stone. "My sister, my Mand'alor was admired by many. Not a single day passes that I do not miss her." She with the weight of sadness in hear heart. The room it's self was filled with a silence that lasted an eternity, but it was a second after she had spoke before his hand pulled away.

As his eyes turned to her and she would look him in the eyes with confidence. "Yes there is much to discuss indeed. Please take a seat, make yourself feel comfortable." There had been a chairs bought out that was made for beings that was larger. They had them for people like Star and Sterling that required something more sturdy that an average human. However for the time being her riduur was aloud to sit in Cynthia's chair at the head of the hall since the alor could yet stand to move by herself. In the centre of the room where the long table sometimes sat was a fire pit on the go, it was not a large fire as to not kick off a lot of heat. There was something about the sounds that was comforting and homely. "I will be blunt, I share the views that many that many in this galaxy has. A view that to many hesitate to turn into action." She said as her hands began to clench into fists allowing a pause. "No more can that hesitation be aloud to continue, no more can it stand the mandalorians be aloud to receive the punishments of one mans crimes."

"I don't fear him as much as I do not fear you."
There was another pause expecting the sith emperor to search her feelings. If he did Carnifex would feel the small rage deep inside her, on the surface of feelings however she appeared calm and confident "What I do fear is if he is aloud to continue to live then our people will become nothing but Twisted stories painting all of us the same as him. It is this reason myself and Clan Solus has agreed for these negotiations so we may ensure the defence and protection of as many of our people possible."

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer | Azure Djitred Azure Djitred | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Khympye.jpg

V A N Q U O

The Emperor took his spot at the table, appreciative that they had done their research and afforded him a chair worthy of his impressive stature. Even seated, the Emperor's presence was nearly overwhelming; exuding power and authority with every breath. His eyes, seas of black only broken by rings of molten copper, glared out from under a furrowed brow to fixate upon the Solus' alor. There he sat, listening attentively to her every word, absorbing all of their contents and letting them settle in his mind. She elaborated on her, and by proxy her clan's, exasperation at the rogue warlord Australis' actions being thrust upon them as well. Australis had many things to answer for across multiple intergalactic governments, let alone the act of murdering one of the Sith Emperor's wives during the Battle of Csilla.
"I am pleased to hear that, Alor Solus." The rumble of the Emperor's voice was like the crackling of stone, not too dissimilar from the crackling of the fire that illuminated their surroundings. "For too long he has been allowed to roam free, to do what he wished without consequence. Even the Jedi are complicit in his villainy, for they aided his failed and unlawful retaking of Mandalore, and in the theft of Imperial property." He deliberately omitted the fact that the noted Imperial property had been slaves, the vast majority of them former Mandalorian citizens and warriors that had been captured by the Empire.
"Because of that fact, you will find no ally in the Jedi Order, whichever one feels fit to call itself that. The Empire, on the other hand, will have no reservations in helping you bring this criminal to justice, by whatever means necessary." He smiled, an unsettling split of his lips that showed too many teeth. "But that is why you have invited me here, after all, so let us cut to the chase. I have a set of provisions that are to be signed in exchange for the Empire's aid in hunting down Kaine Australis and his collaborators." He retrieved a stack of flimsiplast sheets from the confines of his robe, placing them down on the table and gently moving them across it with the Force towards Stardust.
She would find the following written in the dense and complex legal script of the Sith Empire:
  • Clan Solus needn't bow or declare itself for the Sith Empire, but it must agree not to raise arms or ferment aggression against the Empire in both verbal and written form with witnesses. It can be done on equal footing with the Emperor.
  • The Sith Empire will respect the sovereignty of Vanquo and even uphold its independence, opening up trade between the two.
  • The Sith Empire will supply Clan Solus with the necessary material to capture or execute the rogue warlord Kaine Australis and his collaborators.
  • Clan Solus must volunteer 1/5th of its upper youth (15-22) to serve as auxiliary to the Imperial Military for a period of 10 years with familial leave every 3 months, after which they have the opportunity to return to Clan Solus or remain in Sith service.

She stood by her wife, even if cynthia had said star could sit in her main chair she did not do so in this company for she felt it was wrong it was reserved for cynthia. Watching the terms being slid to her, she took them and began to read them over before she took a deep breath and moved over to a holo projector and placed then to be projected standing back beside cynthia ad she leaned in to whisper

cynthia, these terms are...well gracious for him. I highly suggest accepting these terms but let's see what the others have to say first

With that she stood back up straight and looked to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex then around the room hopefully everyone was on board and did draw this out...

Azure Djitred Azure Djitred S Sterling kingslayer

Azure glanced up to look at the back of Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer 's head when he stepped in front of her. Her gaze did not linger long, as she looked back at Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus to listen to her Alor attentively. She pressed her lips together as Cynthia and Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex spoke of Kaine Australis, and she recalled that the many scars on the left side of her body were due to his actions.

How many others had he scarred so?

Azure was a forgiving woman, but she could not deny that Kaine Australis was a threat to others, Mando'ade and Aruetiise alike.

When Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae was slid the terms of the agreement, silver eyes shifted their attention to her. Azure could not tell if Stardust's deep breath was of relief, or her worst fears coming to life, until she showed the terms on a holoprojector. Azure scanned the terms slowly, word by word, sentence by sentence. They all seemed quite reasonable, until she got to the final condition. Humming in thought, Azure turned back to speak to Cynthia.

"I have a... Concern, about the final term he has given us. There's no indication on if this... 'volunteering' shall be a one time consequence, or something we will need to repeat in the future. Other than this minor clarification needed, the rest of the terms seem rather... tame, compared to what I expected."

No doubt the moment he opened his mouth, or even perhaps the moment that the Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had laid eyes upon him, Sterling would seem or already seemed to be a dumb, brutish mass of muscle and armor. Not at all complex in thoughts or mannerisms, though there were subtleties to find if you knew where to look. For one other in the room, that being Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , the changes in the way he stood, ever so slightly, and the way his tail nearly would scrape against the floor betrayed exactly how much he was picking up on the emotions of his comrades, particularly that of Azure Djitred Azure Djitred . Without the ability to follow his eyes, it was somewhat hard to tell if it was anxiety or anger pumping through his body, but in either case the source was simple enough to understand.

Both Kaine and this Sith Chieftain were giving his tribesmen upsetting thoughts and body language, and he did not want to stand for such.

When the others looked back, he finally moved his head, glancing at the screen before turning his head back, having barely needed more than a quick glance to actually read the full list of conditions. To Stardust he would allow the personal aspect, the understanding of how gracious the terms were and how they should consider it from such an angle. To Azure, he allowed the cautious aspect, concern over wording and ensuring the deal to be struck would be fully understood. To his Chieftain Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus he allowed the decision, to take input from all others and decide their course of action. To himself...

He lifted one gauntlet covered hand, and gently pointed at the Emperor. There was no aggression, nor malice, nor did he make any steps to advance towards him, and it was very clearly just a means to garnering the man's attention... and very simply spoke. "Treat well, fair... no problem. Treat poor, problem. Tribe show respect, honor. Deserve same. Ask same, and give freely. Make deal, Ah-Me-Cah-Bull." And with that, he lowered his hand, giving a gentle nod of his head to indicate all he needed to say was spoke. To himself, he allowed a hand extended, to reach for mutual understanding. Even if his ability to speak was, hampered.

Cynthia agreed partly in what the Emperor had said. Although Mandalorian's where not property. The thought left a dreaded taste in her mouth for it was not all to long ago she was a captive, used for nothing more than a trophy. This would require a separate talk however, one to help relocate the people of Mandalore. Cynthia has a friend who could help take people in on her world and have the food source to help. The woman shuck the thought out her head for now. There was only room for a problem at a time as much as it pains her to not speak about it now. As the contract projected up Cynthia began to study it with care. She had to be careful with what agreements was made. After all Sith are known to disguise information to their own personal gain. As she read it with care her mind kept drifting to idea's.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae seemed to support the deal, and Azure Djitred Azure Djitred rightly so questioned it. This was the reason she called everyone here in the first place, different points of view. As for sterling, Cynthia struggled to understand the full meaning to Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer 's words but she did understand the basics of what he was trying to convey. "I am going to assume since there states nothing about sending more after an amount of time the Volunteers are a one time thing, to put Azure's mind at ease and my own about this clause can you clarify this? Along with my own question, the people volunteering would they be commanded by a general of my choice, or of your choice?" Cynthia asked with a serious tone. One befitting of a negotiator. "I would also like to suggest some added Clauses to this deal as well." Cynthia looked around the room once again to the faces of her most trusted and would hope they would support these items she was about to say. "Firstly since you are saying we cannot speak out against the sith or raise our arms I would like reassurance that the people who serve under your empire to know our people are off limits. Any attempt made against our capture or attempted termination will be met in full Clan Solus force. We will report it to you and any recoverable bodies will be sent back to sith space. Second, the empire will spread propaganda and on any claimed mandalorian worlds, like Mandalore and concord. They are to notify the people that Kaine Australis is now Demagol'ka and are not to call him anything else. Third, I would like the sith empire to allow mandalorians on Mandalore the opportunity to gain freedom by joining clan Solus to fight against demagol'ka."

She knew her additions was reasonable just like the ones laid down by Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . It would also show to the other clans that her intentions was truly to save as many mandalorians and not just a grudge. "If you are in agreement along with everyone else in this room, then I am ready to sign." She said already feeling the weight.

• Notification to all who reside in the Sith empire to not attempt capture or termination of Clan Solus, and acknowledgement that Clan Solus reserves the right to kill any threat. Any attack will be reported and recovered bodies will be returned.
  • The empire will spread propaganda and on any claimed mandalorian worlds, like Mandalore and concord that Kaine Australis is now Demagol'ka and are not to call him anything else.
  • The sith empire to allow mandalorians on Mandalore the opportunity to gain freedom by joining clan Solus to fight against Demagol'ka.

Last edited:

Khympye.jpg

V A N Q U O
"For now, the transfusion of Solus warriors into the Empire's service will be singular, but I do imagine that we will have further discussions in the future about this matter." He didn't bother to mention the allotment of soldiers into the Empire's retinue for what it was, a tribute. The Chiss Ascendancy was allied to the Empire in a similar manner, although it was more based on commercial interests than it was in regards to manpower supplement. It wasn't that the Chiss didn't make for excellent warriors, just that the Empire had more use for them monetarily than militarily.
Mandalorian Clansmen, on the other hand, would serve better with a blaster in hand.
"Your offered warriors would appoint their own insular commander from among their own ranks, but they would ultimately answer to the commander of whatever division they were placed under." The hierarchy must be respected, especially now when the Empire was at war with once former subjects. A small price of pride to pay for their Clan's ensured safety and protection. "And as for your first two amendments, they are easy enough to grant. A formal decree will be distributed to inform the Empire's citizenry of our agreements, and we will begin formulating propaganda to disparage the rogue warlord Australis and those who follow him, the term Demagol'ka will be frequently implemented in commonplace vernacular to reinforce disdain against him. Though you will find little lack of disdain for Australis in the Empire, his crimes against the Empire are widely known and documented."
It was the third amendment that gave the Emperor some small measure of concern, for he had a direct hand in the establishment and proliferation of slavery in the Empire's territory. He, like many other Sith, believed that the strong were preordained to control and guide the weaker elements of society. At the very bottom of that rung were the slaves, the bedrock upon which society anchored itself. Slaves performed menial tasks, typically in service to a household as cooks, cleaners, and other assorted positions, although many were worked hard in labor colonies on resource-rich worlds. Some were used as entertainment, for both physical and emotional pleasure. Others were sold as meat to the Makesh Cartel, their bodies hacked apart and reconstituted as food to be served to populaces across the galaxy wherever the Makesh held influence.
"And as for the Mandalorians you wish to see free, I will have to beseech a compromise. The Empire does not offer freedom, it bestows it. I cannot lightly release all of the Mandalorian serfs from bondage at the stroke of a pen, but I can sell as many of them as you are willing to purchase at a discounted price. It will ensure that their Arikut (Lords) are properly compensated for the dispersal of their lawful property." It was as far as he was willing to go on the matter, he knew that the landed military-aristocracy would balk at the idea of giving up their property so freely, but the wheels of their compliance could be easily greased with a satchel of coin.
"What do you say, Alor?"

Star listened, seemed all would go well and easy.it brought a smile to her as she glanced to her wife before suddenly words struck her ears....they couldnt just free the mandalorians....frowning deeply stardust looked down as she started pondering what to do, then it came from her cousins mouth and once he was done star spoke instantly

I will pay for them all, just name the price

She could always make credits back that wasnt a issue at all, the price to free her brothers and sisters in arms wouldnt scare her off as she stood straight

Azure listened attentively as Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex explained the terms of the Solus Clansmen offering, defaming Kaine Australis, and of freeing the Mandalorian slaves. The witch's stomach churned with anxiety for her Clan. Even as Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae spoke so casually of paying the price of freedom in credits, Azure knew it would be far to high of a cost up front.

"Star, think first. You don't know how many vode there are, and the cost for each of them is likely different from person to person. There's no way you, or the Clan as a whole, can pay for all of their freedom at once. Not without selling ourselves more than we already are."

Biting her lip, Azure looked at the documents with a mixture of emotions. What would her mother do? What was the best course of action?

Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus

As Cynthia sat there listening to the words of a man who had vast experience in diplomacy, every word no matter how good felt like a tightening grip around her throat. It was a battlefield in which was unfamiliar to her and yet she proudly stood ground adapting with every word traded. Would this become regret tomorrow, next week, a month, a year or even many from now? She could not answer that, how could anyone rightfully answer a question like that. They couldn't, but sometimes making no choice is worse than making a choice. Cynthia is making the choice to finally take a stand, that will never be a regret. "Knowing the hard choices of my brothers and sisters that will volunteer will be made by our own eases my mind." As he moved into the notions of her proposed attentions Cynthia knew the right person to over see that Kaine's name, or Demagol would never see the light of anything. " Adara Raxis Adara Raxis would be the best person to ensure the messages of slandering Demagol are correct."

As the conversation moved the the third notion of the freedom of the mandalorians. Cynthia knew there was not a price that could be placed on a single mandalorians head. Cynthia's riduur wasted no time in offering to pay for every head, and she knew that would not do and even azure's thoughts was in agreement. "Star, you will not cover the entire cost alone..." Cynthia said sternly but with love. "And you are half wring Azure, not many know about all thr contacts I have gained over the years from jobs. I am positive I'd be able to get the funds from a friend who owes me favours. Since I would like no delay on their release I would like to get the amount sorted today." The friend she spoke of was a very good friend and a formidable opponent who had joined the mandalorians just before the war. She also hated slavery just as much as Cynthia did.

"So if you don't mind me excusing myself for a few moments, I will contact her now. I will have food and drinks sent here while you wait on me." Her hand would nudge the stick to move the repulsor chair making it gently hover down the stairs and into another room to make a private call. On her way she requested that there be a small spread of food and selection of drink to be served while they waited.

The call took around twenty minutes and by that time food and drinks had been served. As she entered the hall again she looked at the state of Yasha and wondered how would she have handled this, how could Cynthia ever catch up to the woman she was. She had not been given a moment to truly grieve, as well as she was not fit enough to attend the funeral. She shook herself from thinking about such things right this moment. It seemed her mind wanted to keep going to the many things that was yet to be processed. Her gaze moved to star and azure as the chair moved up to the table this time. "I've managed to secure a third of the costs. So riduur, if you can cover the remaining quarter our brothers and sisters will have their freedom."

Cynthia then looked at Carnifex in the eyes. "Unless my anyone else has anything else to say I am ready to sign."

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Azure Djitred Azure Djitred Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom