Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliciting Member Run Events

An Event to Remember:

Events, especially the dramatic board events of Netherworld, Omega and Clockwork fame are incredibly complicated and time consuming to run and organise. Due to my own free time diminishing and Tef’s stepping back from direct administration of the board there are not likely to be any major staff-run events this year.

However, we know that a lot of our members have good ideas they might want to try out, especially on a smaller setting. Therefore, I present this opportunity for members to pitch, run and enjoy mini events.

The concept is quite simple; a member will gather a team together to compose a plot idea which will then be pitched to the members and then approved by staff. Staff will not have any official hand in running this event, but will have a liaison attached to negotiate anything which the event team might need.

The plan is to have one of these mini events run every 4-6 months.

Restrictions:
The restrictions on this event are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list, and others might be added if necessary.
  • The event must be confined to a single, neutral hex.
  • If set on a custom (green on the map) system, the creator’s permission must be given.
  • Canon planets may not be destroyed or so devastated that they are denuded of life. The scale of possible destruction can be negotiated below this, however. Custom planets may (with permission of the creator) be devastated/destroyed in special circumstances. The Head Admin reserves the sole right to approve this.
  • The event must be open to all factions and members, and they must have a reasonable way for all to be involved.
  • The event must conform with all site rules, and may not be a crossover or non-canon. Canon characters cannot be involved or portrayed.
  • The event will run for a maximum of 4 weeks, but most likely 2 will be enough.
  • Leeway will be given on starting date, but it must be within a month of the idea being accepted.

Possibilities:
There are a lot of possibilities for how this can be done, from war to peace, from invasions to natural disasters, from sports to art. The below is only a few options, and there are many more available.
  • A natural disaster threatens Mon Calamari. Whilst many rush to assist those in peril, others might have less moral reasons for coming, especially as disasters leaves the area ripe for ‘acquisitions’ of belongings or equipment.
  • The Chiss on Csilla are being attacked by an unknown force. They have called for assistance in dealing with this peril. Of course, some might want to make contact with the peril for profit and chaos.
  • A Hutt is holding a high stakes podrace on Nal Hutta. Some might want to take part, others spectate or gamble, others to take part in some shady business.
And much more. Within these events can be all manner of RPing types, from fleeting to ground battles, to PVP to peaceful interaction. It all depends on what type of story you are trying to tell.

Scale:
It’s very important to know your strengths and those of your team. It’s too easy to have grand plans and not be able to deliver on them. Therefore, it is suggested that that there be 1-2 main threads if you are running a narrative event, with possibly some smaller threads for people to take part in other ways.

Template:
Please fill in the following template. I have posted a LFG thread here. When you have assembled a team post the below template.

Event Name: (A good name makes it more attention grabbing.)
Event Team Leader: (Which alt of yours is going to be in charge?)
Event Team Members: (Tag each person interested. 4-6 is a realistic minimum.)
Setting: (Which neutral planet/hex is the setting for this event?)
RP Types: (Tell us what type of RPing you are looking for. Will it be PVP? PVE? Fleeting? Will it have a GM or freeform? This will help writers zero in on whether this is an event they want to join.)
Synopsis: (Provide a brief summary of your event. What will it involve, what is the main plot? How will you get everyone involved?)
The Pitch: (Offer up a pitch to sell your event above anyone else’s. What will you do which is new or different? What do you hope to achieve? Remember you have to appeal to both members and make it feasible for staff to approve.)

Applications are to be posted here. The most popular entries will be reviewed by staff to ensure feasibility and one chosen. Others may remain in the running for subsequent events.

Do not volunteer to do an event or join a team if you cannot follow through! There is a fair bit of work involved, so know your time limitations!

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Okay hear me out on this one;

7JoweXr.png

Got a campaign in the works which we've planned to end in an event, likely a few months down the road, as we're still in the build-up phase. However, I've got a couple of questions.

1) In regards to destroying/depopulating a planet: Can part of the story be the antagonist's attempt to depopulate a planet, as long as said attempt fails?
2) Can special ships/items be created as a plot device for this event, which would exceed factory size limits, with the special mention that they're supposed to blow up by the event's end? EDIT: To clarify, I'm not talking about a superweapon, but about something like a massive flagship, say, a Super Star Destroyer, or maybe a bit bigger.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Hey Valiens.

How do we feel about a few destroyed cities? This won't leave the whole planet uninhabitable but might require a few threads to repair the mess caused.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Event Name: Ambered Alert
Event Team Leader: Lady Kay
Event Team Members: [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Iona Immarya"] [member="Rycherd Alistair"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Minch"] [member="Davin Skirata"]
Setting: Masterra (W-41)
RP Types: PvE, PvP, light GMing by myself.
Synopsis: As the Galactic wars are waged around them, Masterra chose to protect itself with isolation and neutrality, having very little contact with other planets and governments. Doing so did protect them from war, but it was also their downfall. An unsavoury crimelord named Terrance Olavi took it upon himself to use Masterra for a testing ground for a new product to sell on the black market. It went beyond what mere carbonite could do. In seconds whole cities and their inhabitants could become entombed. It was a great method to control the masses through fear and to get rid of opponents. Even Force Users became trapped. Once the tests on Masterra are completed, the ingredients for this new chemical weapon would become available to the highest bidder at auction.

Members will decide on who they'd like to help, whether it be the people of Masterra or Terrance Olavi and his goons. Do they want the experiment to succeed? Or to fail? Would they want to destroy it? Or use it to their faction's advantage? Would they be able to discover how to counter it and save the innocent people trapped inside?

The Pitch: This is an open event for members board wide, regardless of what faction or alignment they belong to, even though it takes place in one location. I'm not sure if a weapon/chemical like the amber has been used before on Chaos, but it's something that I'd like to introduce. So it can appeal to weapons companies, bounty hunters, scientists, Imperials, criminal syndicates and others alike. Either it can be destroyed at the end of the event (with the sub for it to be restricted to just the event), or it could be given as a reward to the winning player. That'll be up to staff to decide.

Additional members can sign in too if this event is accepted. There'll be PvE taking place, as well as PvP through different threads comprising different aspects of the story. I'll be writing a few of the characters, as well as provide some light GMing to ensure that the storyline progresses and doesn't stall.

I hope that it goes as well as my Incursion event thread did :) Any questions, feel free to pass them my way.

[SIZE=9pt]Event Name: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The Voss Situation[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Event Team Leader:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [member=Kei Raxis”][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Event Team Members: [member="Zavii"] | [member="Ra'a'mah"] | [member="Asaraa Vashe"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Setting: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Voss & Mortis (currently an unknown location so we’ll place the Mortis Monolith outside Voss somewhere)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]RP Types: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]PVE and GM'd Situations[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Synopsis: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]An ancient and thought dead entity returns to the galaxy. The one known as Abeloth is back from the dead. The end goal would be to disable Abeloth again and put her back in lock up or kill her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Pitch:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Abeloth, the entity that tore through the galaxy has returned. The ever growing presence of force users within the galaxy has brought her from her hiding place, back for revenge against those who previously bested her. Previous battles with the “Bringer of Chaos” took the efforts of both sides of the force (Jedi and Sith combined forces) and even then she couldn’t be beaten entirely. She couldn’t be killed without the Mortis Dagger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Do you wish to ally yourself with the Bringer of Chaos or try to take her down? The choice is yours…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The big question that people will ask is “how will I fit into this event”. Everyone has a place, everyone will be able to get involved in the action. The defeat of Abeloth (GM’d and controlled by the four team members) will require both Jedi and Sith working together as well as military factions such as The First Order and The Galactic Empire who will be required to fight off Abeloth’s hordes of soldiers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]What about the Commenor Systems Alliance or Free Worlds Coalition? Abeloth poses a very large threat to the galaxy. She will be stirring up panic across the galaxy and CSA and FWC could do so much to help. They could attempt to subdue the panic across the galaxy, offer militaristic forces to defend the galaxy or attempt to negotiate peace between the many major factions to focus on the one common threat being presented to the galaxy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Adventurers? The Mortis Dagger is believed to be the only weapon that can truly kill Abeloth. Those adventurous folk would be sent on a hunt for the Mortis Monolith and in turn the home of The One’s where they can locate the Mortis Dagger and return it to the battlefield to earn the honour of killing Abeloth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Why is Abeloth back? She’s been gone for generations, why would she return now? There are an amazingly high number of force users present in the galaxy. These force users are unknowingly acting as a beacon that would draw Abeloth from her hiding place. Why would she return? Revenge. She was bested by Darth Krayt and Luke Skywalker and she would want revenge for that.[/SIZE]

[member="Kei Raxis"]
It is against board rules to write or portray canon characters - even for events. I'm going to have to ask you to redefine your event so it includes no canon characters.

Once that is done I will take yours and [member="Lady Kay"]'s proposals to staff.

Yeah, no worries then. Thought they'd be different for events.

Ours sort of relied on the canon charactor so yeah. Is all good, just take Kay's :)

Event Name: Spacers Scourge
Event Team Leader: Asherah
Event Team Members: [member="Triam Akovin"], [member="Declan Ross"], [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Outsourced"]
Setting: AC 38 - Space, Ganath, Nar Shaddaa, Nal Hutta
RP Types: PVP, PVE, Fleeting, GM.. the works!
At it's core, this is a PvE encounter. However if people of differing factions rock up and decide to throw down, PvP is introduced. The majority of the 'action' is in space, so with some thinking on the part of those involved, fleeting could easily become part of the solution, although again, it may become PvP fleeting based on participants. I (and my team with discussion) am happy to do some GMing, to set the scene, guide folks along and make sure they don't get lost or bored, as well as to interact with individuals who maybe don't have pals to bring with them.

Synopsis: A swarm of Oswaft is approaching Ganath. Surrounded as it is with a radioactive cloud, this is unlikely to end well for the Oswaft. Even worse however, the Oswaft are unlikely to die immediately, and will be pulling some of that radioactivity along with them, posing a serious risk to Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta which they'll be passing next if their course doesn't change. Even if the radioactivity can be countered, simply having that many huge interstellar creatures in such busy space is certain to cause innumerable accidents, not just in real space, but for pilots in normally clear hyperspace lines.

The Pitch: This is a multi-level encounter, and not nearly as simple or straightforward as it sounds, allowing many different people to take part for many different reasons.

Maybe your character wants to save the Oswaft, steering them clear of the radioactivity, or finding a way to purge them of it afterwards. Maybe a Hutt has hired you to shoot those damn space frisbees out of the sky, keeping their planet and interests safe. Maybe you'd like the Oswaft to owe you, they're notoriously good code crackers after all.

Or maybe your character is smart enough to wonder why the Oswaft who don't normally leave their home system are suddenly part of a panicked space stampede...

Spoiler, it is Starweird. Did you read all this thinking you had an easy answer? Ah, just a bit of space diplomacy via microwaves and all is good? Oh no my friends.. Something very sinister is going on out in the depths of space... Can you save the day, or will you be just one more drifting corpse?

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
MEMBER RUN EVENT PROPOSAL

Event Name: The Swarm Tide
Event Team Leader: [member="Thorne"]
Event Team Members: [member="Ceninvo"], [member="Brae"] (More to be added)
Setting: H8-V9
RP Types: Large-scale PvE; Potential PvP; Fleeting; Humanitarian Aid; Civilian Rescue

Synopsis: The Swarm War of the Killiks and Joiners has been largely lost to memory, save for those that ensure records are kept. By remembering the past, the Chiss aim to avoid mirroring those mistakes, and have maintained a watchful eye for evidence such an event could occur again... and it seems they have found one, in the form of a lost nest ship that had escaped destruction, and had landed on the planet of Makatak.

In the last 400 years, the swarm has grown, skittering from hiding to find those able to be consumed as Joiners, bringing strength to the colony. And after such a long time, and with their presence discovered, the Nest now spreads - and it threatens to devour all in its path, to consume, and join and share the bliss of black membrosia.

Knowing the devastation such a resurgance could cause, the Chiss have little choice but to ally with those nearby; for if even a single nest ship escapes, and lands in the Mid-Rim - or worse, in the Core Worlds - it could spell certain destruction with how many could be brought into the colonies...

So with new weapons, new ships and begrudging alliances, the Chiss lead the charge against the Swarm Tide.

The Pitch: This story will involve a chance for some chaos. By fighting against seemingly endless hordes of the Nest, as well as against weapons and vehicles, we will be able to see a large-scale war that can involve a great number of people and factions. There is also potential for players or NPCs to sign up as Joiners, or captives, who can also RP from a different internal perspective.

Because of the location, there's opportunity for nearby groups to be involved, and distant allies to be called.

This will also allow the Chiss Ascendancy an opportunity to establish itself as a resurfacing faction, with new ideals, new directions, and new means of dealing with a Chaos setting. It can also serve as a chance to establish lasting relations between factions - whether good or bad - and set the tone for further IC interaction in the future.

Additionally, for those who don't necessarily want to fight, there is opportunity to engage in rescues, mass civilian emergency removals, medical assistance, supply deliveries, etc. So it won't just be a shoot things scenario; the aim is to provide a well-rounded, inclusive story line that many can get involved with, and have lasting effects after the fact.

Finally, there is also potential for a diplomatic resolution, in which events transpire in such a way that some Killiks remain and are able to become more peaceful; this can reintroduce the species to Chaos, and even allows players to consider playing them/developing them, etc.

[member="Lady Kay"]
By a very close vote, your event has won!

Feel free to start planning and preparing. Hit me up on Discord and we can discuss some further details.

I strongly suggest creating an invitation locked faction for the event to co-ordinate.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Iona Immarya"] [member="Rycherd Alistair"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Minch"] [member="Davin Skirata"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner

Awesome :) I'll hopefully get to that tonight. Otherwise it'll have to wait a couple of days.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Iona Immarya"] [member="Rycherd Alistair"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Minch"] [member="Davin Skirata"]

I'll be chatting with you all soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom