Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So where do we stand? [Outer Rim Coalition]

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"I knew it was risky, especially since even the alchemical cover would likely be blown at some point. Their alchemical activities revolve much more about Sithspawn than electronics. The events of Shusugaunt made me realize that even an ingenious cover, even a believable motive to adopt a cover, is not sufficient to succeed under cover, even though my position was compromised only when exfil was the logical next step. What I did not realize until now was that I was a known quantity this far away from ORC or GE space"

While I can always use a fake identity short-term, I don't think it's going to work long-term. Better have someone else do this, and... ugh! she thought, while the memories of Shusugaunt were resurfacing in her mind. Where she made it out alive only because of Griet's timely intervention, after planting ion bomb filling mixed with powdered incendiaries into the place's supply of copier toner. Now, it was possible someone else saved [member="Jorus Merrill"]'s hide on Shusugaunt, but [member="Ria Misrani"] had the right idea. Infiltrating other factions that could possibly become players on the map, including but not limited to using underworld contacts, was perhaps a necessity. Hopefully [member="Gilamar Skirata"] would actually prove of use, while [member="Runi Verin"] seemed to have some connections among the CIS. She had to comb her client list, past and present, and ask for information as needed, perhaps using navy money for payment, or free items if they preferred noncash considerations. And yet, to think that she achieved that much fame from either alchemical sources or dogfighting sources was enough to give her pause. True, the Modem was her main claim to fame in the alchemical world, but to think it carried enough risk to compromise any covert ops mission she might undertake?

"I think I'll stay out of any direct field involvement in external intel"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom