Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So What Happens When A Ghost And A Smartass Walk Into A Bar? (Karin Dorn/Joshua DragonsFlame)

Doom. My new favorite word. Doooooom. Oh hey, this is kind of fun.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Anyway, Josh smirked a bit at her grim prediction. "Well, with any luck, Sao won't be gone 90% of the time so child care isn't 95% up to me" he said.

He chuckled at her advice. "If I go nuts, I'll join you in the psyche ward then I suppose" he joked, shooting her a cheeky grin. "Only kidding, Karin. Hard to believe an old woman-" he said "old woman" affectionately, she could tell by the look on his face that he was joking-"and a Sith Master can deal with having a child without going to the institute. Your husband must be driven batty, huh?" he asked.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
“I can imagine that no mental institution could hold us both,” Karin conceded with an almost-smile, in all honesty it would be hard to imagine a psychiatric hospital being able to hold even one powerful force user. Well hey, that's quite a niche market. Karin Dorn's Home for the Deranged, where all your manic force users can co-exist in stasis together.

Write that down in the mental notebook for later.

She cocked an eyebrow at the Jedi at the mention of husbands. Now that was a novel concept. “If I indeed had a husband he would surely be on the brink of madness,” she responded with a harsh laugh, Karin didn't mind, in fact the thought of raising her child in the perfect nuclear family environment sickened her slightly.

“I know, I know. How did she do it? Let's call it magic.”

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

He laughed a bit. "If we were both stuck in a psyche ward, it'd be blown to bits in a day" he joked with a slight smile. And for that moment he imagined them both in a mental hospital, leaping off beds and trying to headbutt the nurses. Ah, good times. Gooood times.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

"Ah, single mother?" he asked, smirking some. "Widow, or.... One of those nights? Oh! Or was she one of those crazy.... Hokey pokey, the father is the Force kind of things?" he joked, laughing.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
You're really digging this doom motif. It's frightening the children.

“One of those nights,” she admitted, proving that anything could happen in this galaxy. Banthas could flu, Havoc Squad could make mentally sound decisions and Karin Dorn could be seduced into one single night of passion. Who would have thunk it?

Honestly, given her nature not even Lady Dorn would have thunk it.

“Only fair, us Sith are prone to nights to nights of passion after all,” she said with casual tones, essentially admitting that she had been a one night stand. A pity, that she hadn't committed an act of the black widow afterwards.

A slow grin spread across the face of the woman, “I'd ask you about the mother-to-be but I'm afraid that I wouldn't survive the ensuing waves of nausea.”

Schuttas can't handle my DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

"Ah, so one of those. Lovely" he said with a slight smirk. "I would hope you're taking good care of her. Buuuut, well if she's survived THIS long, I suppose it's a given" he joked with a grin. He was obviously in good spirits, something he needed in these days of stress. His friends were disappearing, his brother had been turned into a Sith. His own FATHER who he thought dead had been the former Supreme Chancellor all along. War with the Sith was coming. War with the Black Sun was coming. Ah, how fun it was.

At her last statement, a smirk crossed his face. "I'll try to make it as gooey and romantic as possible" he joked, making mocking kissy faces and googly eyes. After the joking remarks though, he decided to at least give the basics.

"She's a Miraluka. Used to be a Sith Knight. We met on Coruscant when she was hopelessly looking for someone, a child that she had once been caretaker for, that had seemingly stood her up for a reunion dinner. Crashing into her turned into a night at the cantina, which turned into me finding the child for her, which turned into her taking the child to an amusement park as promised to him, and since he thought of her like his mother, she had me come along to act as a sort of father figure.... Which led to several rollercoaster rides with a child that didn't seem to get sick from that kind of thing. Too bad I do" he said with a chuckle.

"After he fell asleep, we went back to my place, tucked him into the guest room bed, and by the time I woke up the next morning, both she and the kid were both in the same bed with me, having decided I was more cuddly then each other and a guest bed"

"After we had a little... I guess you could call it a nuclear family day" he said with a laugh. "We sent him on his way with promise to meet again. And along the way, she and I got really close, and welp... The rest is history"

His lips twitched into a grin.

".... Okay, maybe not that easily. We may or may not have gone from passion filled night to screaming at each other, when I found out she was a Sith Knight. She stormed out, I figured that'd be the end of it. My friend Aleidis sent shadows after her, and I figured, sadly, she'd be dead by morning. Didn't happen, a few weeks later, she contacted me for a meeting on Naboo. Those secret meetings became a regular thing, up until she decided to tell Tyrin that she was done with the Sith. She hunted me down during a visit to Tatooine, and after dealing with a couple of your buddy Sith Knights that wanted her dead, that... Sort of sealed the deal for us" he said with a chuckle.

"Sorry if I got carried away with the story there. Might be the alcohol" he said, smirking. "And sorry if I made you puke in your mouth a little" he teased with a joking grin.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Oh gosh. Was he about to...? No, surely not. HE WAS! Karin's eyes widened slightly as the Jedi started to delve into his story of romance. She was going to get the whole story. Perhaps he was even going to describe coitus. There was a small anti-social gremlin in her brain that screeched at the Sith to run and never look back but good manners took over.

She would stay, and she would listen.

The story started out in a familiar vein, something about Sith women, looking for children and cantinas. Thankfully the version of events branched out from there and unless the Jedi was planning on finding Evelynn and taking her to an amusement park (which would be strange, given her age) it was suffice to say that this encounter wasn't leaning towards anything else.

Occasionally she nodded, more of a show that she was listening rather than agreeing. Any love that wasn't the love between parent and child went over her head. A tragedy more than anything else.

“I think I have managed to refrain from vomiting,” she said flatly, “I'm not entirely sure if this body is capable of puking.What a vile word.

It was just then Karin remembered about her glass of water, picking it up and tipping it to her lips the woman was rather dissatisfied by just how quickly her once ice water had reached room temperature and just like that, she was done.

SO DONE.

“I do believe that it is time for me to depart, Grand Admiral,” she said with a smile, “it is very rare that I get the opportunity to sit down and chat with a Jedi but nonetheless I have enjoyed it.” It wasn't because she was super evil and repelled the members of the light side, merely because Karin was a bit of a hermit.

The woman slipped off the stool, “If next we meet I seem a touch worse for the wear, don't hesitate to strike me down, young man.”

Those were her parting words, for now.

He smirks a bit. "I'm glad you managed to keep from vomiting" he joked.

And with that, she finished up and turned to leave. He smiled faintly. He enjoyed her company, and surprisingly, looked forward to possibly seeing her again.

And then those last echoing words. They caused a frown. But as she turned to leave, he smirked faintly.

"And what if I choose not to?" he said toward her before she could leave, leaning his elbow on the table.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
This was the perfect chance for dramatic tension, to set up a beautiful one liner, something ominous about death, destruction and yes, doom. Unfortunately I have already started typing this paragraph and therefore all magnificence that might have once been no longer exists. A rampant waste of pathos, what a tragedy.

The woman stopped at the door, her back still turned to the Jedi.

“If you choose not to,” she repeated firmly, “then I may strike you down instead.”

With that grim note made, she was gone. Out the door and into the crowds of Nar Shaddaa to return to her affairs. After all, there were still loose ends to tie up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom