Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Umm Hi (Sio)

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea found herself being hugged by Natoline. Whilst she patted the girl on the head she caught Siobhan’s look about the same time as Natoline explained without really explaining.

“Thank you, love. The interview went well, I'll tell you all about it later.”

She looked down at Nato as the girl finished. Her lips compressed slightly. If Tegaea was perfectly honest she wasn’t exactly shocked or horrified, nor was she especially concerned. All of their adopted daughters had started closer to Siobhan, and though she’d gotten to know Aba and Galina much more she’d not had much chance with Natoline. Thus, rather than a daughter, it felt like a niece or cousin was before her rather than a daughter.
“I see,” she commented. “Whilst I am happy to see you again, you don’t think you could have somewhat softened the blow by calling ahead?”

Yet, Tegaea was interested enough on general principle to want to know more.
“Please sit, tell me everything, Nato,” she suggested, moving to a couch. She glanced, puzzled at the Fyor-bot on the sofa. “Well I’m guessing he’s not the father, hmm?” she asked in amusement.
She was always a bit suspicious of HRDs though, and peered at it to make sure it was indeed offline and not a kill-bot.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Three closer together now she sat with Tegs and Sio, happy memories she wouldn't forget any time soon.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Remembering their previous royal messenger, Nato was slightly empathic when her mind wasn’t so scattered, and picked up Sio’s tone as much as her expression of her emotion, not asking more. Silently she resolved to begin pilfering operations! Information to help her sister, probably involving some chaotic heart in her right place, exploding statues, and fighting Sith walls with eyes, always with their twitchy eyes. For Aba, “you must miss aba mum,” knowing how she felt about them, her voice matched her sympathetic and long held glance towards Sio, comforting her for once with typically nato-like bouncing light pats of her hand.

Responsibility was her weak suit, she hated wearing that, all tight and gah, like sandy paper.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Head pats! Calling ahead, oh that sounded like a good idea! Yep her head was fuzzy but, “sorry Mum,” she was used to just doing stuff first, then thinking about things, hilly crusades aside. She laughed about Fyor being her baby's father, but those half laughs she did were not happy giggles, instead needed sharp expressions of emotion about her old friend now in bits. Tegs lost her attention for while, before she came back from Fyor memories.

“My head gets fuzzy, and I blackout. Then I come back, but Kei worked things out, Nethers still being open in bits, tiny, bits, too small to see, like cracks that open far enough to hear voices of our time there,” she was struggling because of her abilities to see the memories that didn’t make sense about her time away, coming and going, like Sera who had thought them part of her dreams and gone totally mad, well more mad than before.

“We blacked out and.. Janos and Fyoroid recorded what happened, he was charming, and that…” that was hard, she wasn’t saying that, “and later, he told me in tears,” Nato was struggling again, so she put on her bright face, warm smile, which tegs may or may not know was completely false but looked pleasant, giving herself leave to be detached.

Head angled slightly down, nose tense, “HE,” from that invocation of he, her bitterness, she meant her father, but there was not fear anymore, just oh force sakes not again anger, “needed a son, and heir.” Nato whispered. Her other sister hadn’t given him one, and so for their family he needed a son from her, this was his way of getting one,

@Both

[member="Tadietti Tann"] had made some tea for everyone nearby in Nato’s favorite blend, a somewhat illusive part time employee here when more staff were needed, especially when Natoline seemed to show up, who to be fair had previously saved her life. Their twi'lek offering [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and [member="Tegaea Alcori"] a strong sip of what would taste like settling chamomile and sweet caramel, also it went well soaked with whiskey apparently…

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]​

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Siobhan nodded towards her wife, acknowleding her comments. She would ask Tegaea about the potential new addition to the ranks later. Right now she was feeling murderous. It was not the rage she felt when she was about to go nuclear. No, it was like a contained wildfire. Or a pantha stalking its prey and ready to pounce to tear it apart with its claws. "So first he tries to kill you, now he wants a broodmare," Siobhan remarked caustically.

"I'm done with that pathetic piece of scum who dares to call himself your father trying to mess with your life. He already tried to kill you on Kaeshana. I want his head. I'm gonna have COAS track him. Take out his businesses, his minions...until we get him." A Dark Jedi Master with a tier six corporation, her own private army and a cadre of Forcewielders was not to be trifled with.

She figured that he'd been smart enough to change his address, but paying Kiffar a visit might still be worth it. "My daughter is not a broodmare for some disgusting manling cretin. Or a toy for his sick amusement. And I'd like to have a chat with Janos." After all, he might know something! Besides, he deserved punishment. "In the meantime, we've got this...netherworld stuff. If Fyor has a recording of what happened, I'd like to see it."

She honestly wasn't sure how to deal with that. Meanwhile, Firemane guards supervised by Sergeant Solveig were taking the admittedly heavy droid away, after making sure he was switched off. Naturally they'd check for Clockwork or Archangel protocols. "I need you to remember, Nato. Every detail of these...Netherworld episodes." She gratefully accepted a cup of whiskey tea from the cute Twi'lek. She could really use a drink!

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Of course, Tegaea had never had a murderous father…she had once had an evil uncle though. Family betrayals hurt, hurt so much.
Nato though seemed a little more vague than normal…if this was possible. Siobhan seemed to interpret though, and Tegaea remembered about Nato’s father trying to kill her. She’d heard about Siobhan’s daring rescue just before Kaeshana’s fall.

“Yes, we have mechanics who can fix Fyor up if needed. Also, have you had a physician look at the baby? We should have them scanned and make sure everything is going well.”

Because despite a particularly illogical sequence 850 years before, women didn’t die in childbirth and they would know if they had twins long before they popped out. That’s why they were in an advanced age and not an ancient one!

Whiskey tea. Tegaea took it. After these odd revelations she could probably do with it!

"Although I rarely agree with wholesale destruction, your father must be stopped. If he will not listen to reason and surrender he and his group will be destroyed...though whether it is his life or merely his liberty which is taken will be your choice, Natoline."

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Maybe Nato’s other sis couldn’t find a man for babies! Not with ears 'neyway, she smirked. Usually wantin' to calm her mum and now mums both down about her father, not this time, nope. “Yep,” her daughter, bobbed her head agreeing with her family, accepting, sat down as she was, she put side of her head against Sio’s arm, for headnuzzle. Imagining exploding fancy houses, bars and such, wait till she told mum(s) about his posh high office block, where every thought him this respectable family man with his pristine life but troubled daughter, he loved his reputation… but Janos, she wanted him to be there for their baby too, and to kill him, “can we kill Janos, only a lil bit.” She smiled sadly.

Urgggg remembering nethers, she gave Sio one of her do I reaaaaaalllly have to looks, but that didn’t last long, because: Sio, and that was reason enough for anythin’ Back into that headspace she dived, this would be much easier when fyoroid was fixed up to just play back events, not all jumbled like now.

“Kinda remember sitting,” yep sitting, sitting, sitting, “stupid voices getting all quiet as we got closer, and cold and very cold, like freezing cold, then there’d be ice.” Could put the kiffar girl to sleep to keep them safe, but couldn’t stop her zapping her memories from where she was put inside. “Black crawling things hunting us, like insects, but they never found us, long snoozing, then blank. We got up again, everything kinda quiet, and tea! There was always tea waiting, and this nice weird old man with smiles helping us up,” maybe where she’d developed her tea habit from, sipping away at her Tadi-made caramel broth. Old man seemed important somehow to someone, but pffftttt, he "always left on this fancy gold ship."

Nato-froze eyes wide as Tegs asked if anyone had looked at her baby, just a few months pregnant but suddenly on auto-worry what if something was wrong! “ummm not since my last sleep,” she said in her tiny voice, not since she first y’know found out. “Everything will be okay, yep!? I mean sleepings okay,” please, oh forcefarts what'if'itwasn’t okay, what if, what if, she guzzled her tea slurping and asking tadi for more, sugar, lots of sugar, also wanting pickles, cherry-pickles, was that a thing?

Then she had to deal with her bugbear on her back, be responsible, do the right thing nato, she'd always avoided being responsible because of how forced that used to be on her. Almost like her mums voice, or lack of voice, head filling her blanks, she could see that now, and was muddling through her mess.

"I love you both, so much, but y'know I'm flaky. Don't feel you have to have this on your shoulders, I'll still love you, even y'know at the bottom of your hill," she was getting a'bit choked up, those last words were. Shatter her to move, she could still be here but not lump all her baggage, separate but still close. Just this little rise of old-nato peeking over her shoulder, trying to not be burdens for parents, she didn't stutter but felt her chest back up a'step.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]​

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

She and her wife were on the same page. That was good, though Siobhan was not surprised. Then Natoline launched into an explanation. Unfortunately, it was rather confusing from Siobhan's perspective. She loved her daughter dearly, but really wished she could be less vague and more coherent. She glanced over to her wife. "I'll call Eileithya. She was Laina's doctor when she was pregnant."

The Countess looked rather exasperated. Presumably Natoline was trying to describe an area close to the netherworld. 'Kind' old man. Tea. Ice. Mean insects. Alright. I know this is hard, but for goddess' sake you're an adult now. So act like one, she thought to herself. "Nato, dear, could you be a bit more coherent? This is serious," Her tone was sterner now.

"I understand there's a place you go to when the Netherworld calls. It's cold, there's insects and for some reason a guy with a fancy ship just happens to show up in the middle of nowhere and give you tea. Is it another tear in reality, a portal? And can you describe him?"

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

It was well that Siobhan spoke first. Tegaea would have said the same thing…but probably in a less than nice way. To her Natoline’s quirkiness was fun in small doses, but could quickly become irritating. Now her chronic lack of coherence was breaking down even Tegaea’s patience.

She stood and paced, not saying anything until the end.
“You came to us eventually, Natoline, so clearly you wanted our input. So do us the courtesy of trying to set the story out reasonably so we know what you’re talking about.”
It came out harsher than intended, but she had trouble dealing with situations where adults were not making sense.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Nato’s emotion went from oof to ouch, settling somewhere on oof, stern glances, harder words. She was silent, kicking her heels. How was she going to sort out this jumble. Taking her only choice, she walked up to fyorid, and said a word under her breath for her friend, yanking the back of his neck, and dislodging something. Patting his neck softly to let him go, because he was gone.

Their daughter tried to smile, brightest smile ever, but even she couldn’t. So hard to put the right memory in the right place, Fyor’s last gift. Pulling out his recording disk from his memory core, his most recent memories would be there for download into his core, also for viewing.

Sliding this disk into their holoviewer, which given their wealth and style was probably huge, she stood by the screen with a control.

The picture crackled with static, starting off with Fyor's view standing here in the room, so she rewound, through travel, arguments, her trying to fix him, crying, Janos fight etc, then she skipped and their recording started where they needed it

Fyors Recording showed them arriving on:
Vinsoth, home of the Chevin and Chev species

It showed the five of them, Janos, Kei, Natoline, Fyor and Taiden travelling back there, the three Jedi were groggy or suffering from some sort of headache. They were pulled or walked in the direction of what looked like a valley and Sith temple, but its markings were much more peaceful, sheltering.

Golden Temple:​
Golden_Temple.jpg

When they got there, their headaches seemed to abate and they were joined by an old man, gruff beard, bad dresser, but he said a few words to each and they nodded. Placing them into a stasis chamber of sorts, and sealing them inside, Kei gave him handshake and each went in willingly. Kei checking they were each safe before entering himself.

Outside black shapes could be seen crawling over the gold structure, but the old man activated some sort of shield to keep them out, light from the golden structure seemed to overtake the scene, and whatever creatures they were, burned alive. Fyor remained recording this until he and Janos too also joined them in stasis, the light blinding out their recording to static.

"Not a portal, cracks where one was, left over bits." They knew as much as her now, she’d given them all she had, she paused their recording at that point, and waited, shoulders sagging as she looked at Fyor.

Siobhan felt bad for her daughter, but at the same time getting a clear answer from her was like pulling teeth, which made it frustrating. She was quiet while the recording played. Ancient, golden temple, stasis chambers, old man sealing them way, cracks in the fabric of reality. "Ok. Thanks for showing us that. If there's cracks, then there must be a way to close them. We have a location now, we can fix this," she finally said. She had no idea how to do this, but it was a start!

"I understand this is hard, Nato, and I love you dearly, but you need to grow up. You're not a child anymore, you're an adult and need to act like one. Especially since you're responsible for someone else now. I won't always be there to hold your hand and save the day."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

The video helped somewhat, if only to assure Tegaea that it had actually happened. It wasn’t that she thought Natoline was lying, but the girl was capable of somewhat ‘embellishing’ or conveying an unclear picture.

Siobhan’s criticism of their daughter caught her a little off guard. She’d thought that of course, but she wouldn’t necessarily have said it. Still, it was something Natoline probably needed to hear.

“For us to help you, you need to help us,” Tegaea added.

She patted Natoline on the shoulder. “So why did you come to us? I mean, why now and not previously?”

Starleaves n Stimcafs
While onlookers their galaxy over might have agreed, for her child’s sake, Sio’s words were still hard to swallow, empathy in waves. Younger Natoline would have shattered that either mum wasn’t happy with her. She didn’t run. Thanks to them both her daughter was not as fragile. Momentary anger even, prickly cuts, she knew deep down that Sio was right. Silently nodding, feeling shame, anger, rather than fragility at confronting parts of herself that were broken, bent or still immature.

That would have been all Nato focused on, had Sio not said she might not be here? Her daughters eyes were wide glancing back and forth between her mums, not too far out of her worry zone from earlier, sliding right back there on her mums behalf. Tegs pat on her should had her naturally half relax to touch, halfway between ohgodwhatswrong with sio and, phew body relax at mums shoulder pat.

Why did she keep bringing problems with her, half wondering if she invented new problems to remind herself. No stunning example of how to be a daughter or sister, or any of that. “I’ve been sleeping,” taken her months to get back more than she should. Janos was so clever, delaying and delaying. None of which Nato used as an excuse, because she felt guilt as ever when she came back begging to be let in to their lives.

“Can fix this,” fix what, life. To confront her father on her own? She knew they wouldn’t say yes to that, but maybe she would agree to let her to have closure, like tegs suggested. “Wanted to be sure your grandchild, my daughter, had family, whatever happened or whatever mistakes, she didn't suffer,” Natoline finally answered tegs, pulling teeth, yep often was to get at true feelings, things you didn’t want to admit. How easy another family might have thrown her out for bringing more kids into their lives out of the blue, she was scared stiff for her child, so much so her mind wasn't thinking clearly. Scared, really scared, for how she'd do, how her father might effect it, how her absences might effect their view of her child too. Responsibility like sharks swimming around her feet, but that was a start, small steps.

Siobhan did not like being stern. She was not one of those parents who threw their weight around. Generally she preferred raising her children with a gentle hand. However, she was certain tough love had been appropriate here.

"We're not casting you out, Nato. Nor will we turn our back on your kid," she spoke. She patted her daughter on the shoulder. She was feeling a bit drained now and finished her whiskey tea in one gulp, then got to her feet. "I'll go call Eileithya and ask her to come over. And see whether Phylis can help with this netherworld business." Having said that she limped out of the living room.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

With Siobhan gone, Tegaea was now the one responsible with soothing the jittery Nato. She put an arm around the girl and hugged her, holding her close.

“We’re not going to abandon you, or your daughter, Nato. You’re family and family doesn’t abandon each other. Just remember for next time to come to us…or at least tell us when you’re in trouble.”

She drunk some of the tea, frowning at the kick from it. Whisky tea was still something she had trouble getting used to.

“So…Nato…any idea on a name yet?”

Starleaves n Stimcafs
“Um Thanks!” Not knowing what else to do she grabbed Sio’s patting hand as she went to leave, not that Nato grab with her small palms was much of a’grab, kind of like chopsticks trying to eat spaghetti, no, she was just hungry again.

“Names, u'bet’cha,” voice perking up, visibly brighter. Millions, just yesterday! Her head always busy, maybe not millions but loads, distraction to keep her mind busy on their trip here. Could make the girl more responsible, but couldn't stop her artsy side peeking through.

Names, mind-wrestling with Adril, because of how moved she was about stories of their lost Jedi at her monument, she went misty eyed at her memories of that, vivid to her as they were. Choices! Not hard choices, there was nothing more important to her than where she was now. Smiling genuinely, she put her hand over her mouth and whispered to Tegs

For tegs:
“SioTega Kerrigan?”

“I mean, is that okay.” Nato hoped as they hugged, feeling like maybe she’d assumed too much again, #taiden keth moments. Eyes falling upon their nurse or Eileithya as she arrived, nervous again, following if asked, but veeerrrry reluctant to break tegs hug, yep she was clingy as ever, and nervous about what they'd find out.

While Nato and Tegaea had a moderately awkward moment, Siobhan was in her study and had given Eileithya a call. Soon a holographic apparition of the Priestess materialised in the room. She was dressed in full clerical regalia.

"Siobhan? If this is a call about...prayer sessions I'm afraid it'll have to wait. I'm a little tied up at the moment," she raised her hand warningly. "No innuendo please." There was music in the background. Eldarai singing and church organs.

Siobhan looked a bit exasperated. In all fairness, it was not an unreasonable assumption to make! "No, no, this isn't a booty call, sweetie. It's serious," she replied before Eileithya could make more assumptions.

"Oh," an expression of concern crossed the redheaded Eldorai's features. "Is someone hurt? Elpsis didn't get maimed again, did she? That girl is far too eager to follow in your footsteps. Or is Morrigan sick?"

"No! Not that bad. Natoline is pregnant. That disgusting pig who calls himself her father had a manling honeytrap her because he wants a son. Sexist manling trash," Siobhan growled. She was quite vexed about this.

"Poor girl. I hope you find both and punish them. I'd help. Castration is a good start." Even the normally peaceful, serene priestess had a violent side. "Alright, I'll be free in an hour or so."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea blinked. Had Natoline really just whispered that to her?
She shook her head. “No…I think there’s better ones,” she said tactfully.

Only one name seemed to matter. “Why don’t you call your daughter ‘Adril’? Siobhan cared deeply for her, and I think it’d be a fitting tribute.”

This naming thing was easy! Little did Tegs know that there’d be more than one name required!

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Natoline's metaphorical tongue pokes, definitely beamed in her cheeky smile back! But awwww teggy's daughter was moved, laying her hand below her throat, mum was okay with that! She had wanted Adril too, “thank you.” She whispered quietly, not revealing her busy mental gymnastics about remembering people but not wanting to hurt feelings of tegs either.

Maybe that simple thank you said enough to convey her meaning. Giving tegs an especially tight, which for her petite arms was not all that tight, squeeze. Content to stay there for a'bit, wondering if they could hug teleport to their nurse, or if she should wait. "umm tegs, what do we do if its a'boy?" Natoline blinked, more whiskey tea cups for mum(s)? Suddenly she was not so certain, unknown to her forcefates had already played their cards.

Surely there was nothing more daunting than having a young male terror upending things about their orderly matriarchal house, was there? Either way for our plucky young mum to be, she went where our plothugs took her.

"For the love of the Goddess, let's hope it's a girl," Siobhan exclaimed somewhat melodramatically when she returned. You know, I cut down on my drinking to be a better role model. At this rate you're gonna turn me into an alcoholic. While it was inaccurate to say that she hated men, she did not see them as any bit equal to her. She looked aghast at the thought of a little manling terror being let loose in her matriarchal household. The only men she tolerated in it were pleasure studs!

"I called Eileithya and left a message for Phylis. Did you two pick a name? On another note, Nato, I think we should find some work for you to occupy your time with once this netherworld business is sorted out. Your condition won't allow field work, but there are other ways you can contribute." This was a polite way of saying that her mother expected the young Kiffar to earn her keep.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea shook her head. That was the other downside of having babies, you never knew what you were getting. It was all so random and down to luck. No, better to wait until they’d grown up then take your pick.
Certainly someone had to have all the babies, but Tegaea was confident others could take that job.

“If it’s a boy we can call him Markus, after my father,” she said firmly.

On the topic of jobs, Tegaea pondered. “You have that ability to read objects through the Force, yes? Would you be able to assist our intel group by touching objects used or held by our targets to get an idea of them?”

She didn’t really know, so she was just guessing. But if it worked, it might be useful.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
“Tegs, we, thought maybe, Adril?“ Natoline said quietly to Siobhan, making sure she included her other mother’s name, so Sio knew tegs wanted to it too, if Sio was happy too. "if that's y'know," okay. Natoline was touched to have their input in naming her child, made them already feel like part of their family, and family names of people who had been important to their house only made that seem more real to her. Wasn’t anything more important to Nato than make sure her girl or boy had roots.

“Markus,” Nato’s lips pressed tight, bobbing her head agreeing to Tegaea, two powerful gifts for her children that Tegs had given her.

Jobs, urg, couldn’t be pilfering old crusty throwaway antiques forever ‘suppose. Wondering, hoping her memory vault below their hill was not too dusty, Kaeshana’s capital well preserved inside. Um not literally, because she had no cupboard yet capable of losing buildings inside, yet, but all history she could pack of those which had lived there, was preserved. Wait till someone showed Natoline holocrons!

Hold on she was wandering off again in her head, “yep!” Natoline head-bobbed to Teggy’s question. “Easy as cake mum”, pickle cake with cheese milk and bumble crackers, were they a thing still? Pffft people from stuff was easy, she could be a one woman intelligence service double agent’s agent. Of course getting their girl to focus for any length of time was their only limiting factor, but Nato could get a lot done in her short bursts of concentration on anything. If their mountain of leftover space memories at the bottom of the hill was anything to go by! #troubles with gifted or hypercreative minds.

"Are our memory vaults, erm, okay?

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom