Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Snap, Crackle and Pop

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

The door opened with a somewhat tired looking Valery standing there. Aurra, the little blonde of the triplets, was in her arms and facing her mother for a hug. It had clearly been a long night and day for her, but she still managed to offer Jonyna and Ko a smile when she saw the two of them.

She also had a feeling that this was something important — a Master and Padawan didn't really just show up for a casual conversation unannounced.

"Knight Si, Padawan Vuto," Valery began with a smile, "Sorry for the rougher appearance and..." she looked at her daughter, who didn't at all care that her Mother had visitors. She wanted attention, and she wanted it now. "But can I help you two with something?" she then asked.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yeah, sorry. I just needed some insight." Jonyna smiled softly, idly scratching the back of her head. "I've been trying to teach Ko pyrokinesis, but...he keeps blowing things up instead of lighting them on fire. I'm not sure I'm doing wrong, or what he's doing wrong."

The Cathar's tail flicked, her pausing to give the little one a small wave. She always liked kids, and part of her pondered if she'd ever get the chance if she'd have one herself...

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Z9U36lL.png
Bending forwards, Ko placed his hands on his knees. Trying to catch his breath. All this combustion he was doing was draining him of his energy. It all felt so odd to Ko, he always felt it was better to be more disciplined and reserved when using The Force, especially in such a destructive manner. He still wasn’t sure why he couldn’t create a sustainable flame. It was like he was caught between two extremes, it was all or nothing, black and white.

However, it was starting to get difficult for him to maintain creating more impactful explosions. Since he was trying to make them big like Jonyna told him. Since he was also trying to use The Force to stay protected enough not to accidentally blow himself up. He did have faith that The Sword of The Jedi would manage to diagnose this ‘issue’ of his. Although during Shan’s birthday he was reminded that her husband and her had triplets. A Jedi Master raising a handful of children, the thought of such a daunting task alone made Ko shudder…

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png

While Valery blinked and processed what Jonyna had just told her, Aurra seemed completely mesmerized by Jonyna's waggling tail. She had a particular love for animals, so seeing this tail meant kitty to her, and now she wanted attention. With a happy squeal and little grabby hands, Aurra tried to reach for Jonyna, but Valery kept her close and didn't let her make things weird.

"Well, maybe call him over and we can try to figure out together?" Valery asked with a soft smile. "I'd also advise general caution teaching Padawans dangerous abilities like this. It's your job to gauge whether or not they're ready, in control, and mature enough to learn something. But Pyrokinesis isn't generally on the curriculum for younger students." For a very good reason too — fire was immensely destructive.

And now, it wasn't just fire but explosions, too.

"Mommy! Kitty!" Aurra then exclaimed, and Valery immediately offered Jonyna a sheepish, apologetic smile, "Sorry about that. She has a wild imagination."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yeah, I figured since Ko was a bit older than your average padawan, he would be a bit more responsible." Her mind wandered to the fact that she had also taught Braze Braze pyrokinesis, but that was a conversation for another day. After all, Braze had asked nicely, and what was Jonyna to say no to a poor boy?

It might have also been the fact he caught her half awake when he asked, but that was here nor there.

"I can grab Ko and come back though..." Jonyna paused, looking to the little girl calling out for 'kitty!'. The Cathar snickered, knealing down to the girl's level. "Yes, hi, meow." Val could sense the slight snark behind the response, but Jonyna clearly was amused by Aurra enough to humor the girl.

Was it a little demeaning to reduce herself to a common house cat? Probably. If had been anyone older than the age of 15, she probably wouldn't have. But Jonyna loved kids. The innocent wanderlust of childhood, the wild imagination, and the purest hope for a better future. It was things she had held on tightly when she was that age, out of spite for a cruel world she had been born into. Finally, she moved her tail over close enough for the little girl to touch. The big furry tail was nice and fluffy, stripped with reds and tans.

Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Valery Noble Valery Noble

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png
Soon enough Ko felt a small datapad on his belt buzzing. Notifying him that his Master likely wanted him back inside. The Kel Dor padawan presumed that she was with The Sword of The Jedi now. He let out a deep breath, part of him feeling a bit nervous to get such an esteemed Jedi Master involved with this little pyrokinetic hiccup he was having.

By now Ko was getting much better at blindly navigating the Jedi temple without getting lost as easily. Then again he put a lot more focus into not getting confused about where he was going now.

When he finally arrived he sensed the presence of both Jonyna and Valery, there was a third, smaller, unfamiliar figure as well. Undoubtedly one of Master’s children. Although he couldn’t really tell which one it was. Ko gave the two women a low and respectful bow. “Good Morning Master Noble… or is it afternoon now?” Ko pondered briefly, he couldn’t really tell the time as well as he used to.

It’d been some time since he last interacted with The Sword of The Jedi beyond some discussions here and there. It made him think back to how she aided him back on Nubia, something he was still very thankful for. He also observed some kind of fascination from the little one towards Jonyna.

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png

"I think Ko is responsible as well," Valery quickly added, "But the ability is complex, so it could also be that he's just not ready for it yet. It's hard to tell without seeing things for myself." It wouldn't really be shameful if he couldn't use something like Pyrokinesis just yet. Some Jedi wouldn't be able to grasp a skill like that until they were Jedi Masters, so for a Padawan to pull it off, wouldn't be easy unless there was some natural affinity involved.

"Kitty," Aurra then repeated, her tone softer and gentle, as she reached out to the big, fluffy tail close to her face. This time, Valery didn't really seem concerned — Aeryn would have grabbed and yoinked, but Aurra was a gentle soul. She patted the tail and softly let her little fingers go through the fluff.

She was in her own little world now.

"Knight Si is very pretty, huh?" Valery asked and Aurra squealed her agreement, "Thank you, Knight Si. Aurra here means well, and definitely meant no offense." Valery pulled her little girl up to kiss her cheek, and swayed her a little in her arms, while Ko finally made his appearance.

"Hello, Ko. I heard you were in need of some help?"

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna just wiggled the top of her tail lightly as the child patted it, allowing Aurra the opportunity. Back on Cathar, grooming one's fur was a cultural act, usually between family members. While the Nobles weren't family in a blood sense, Jonyna liked to think of the NJO as one big family, so it made sense in her head.

Wiggle Wiggle.

"It's no problem. Kids are cute. I always had a soft spot for them back when I was a lone hero. I should tell you about the time I had to save a 5 year old princess from a bounty hunter named Greedo sometime." Jonyna paused, her memory coming back to her as she came to a realization. "...I think that might've been a Ukatian Princess...." Note to self, talk to Cora again...

Her train of thought derailed as her padawan came along. "Ah, alright, there you are. Go ahead Ko, explain what's going wrong. I'm....not sure myself."

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png
Ko sort of felt like he was in a proverbial spotlight as both women asked him to explain what was going on. Two women he looked up to in many regards, causing a mild pang of anxiety within him. “Well Um… I asked Master Si if she would be willing to pass on some of her knowledge of pyrokinesis with me. When I tried to actually use the ability, it just created more of a tiny combustion than a sustained flame. I’m not what I might be doing wrong.” Ko explained some. Figuring that the brain power of two expert pyrokinetics could diagnose what was happening.

“It almost feels like all the energy I’m putting into trying to spark a flame gets all used up into an explosion instead. Like I can’t reach a middle ground.” The Kel Dor further explained, it was as though it was all or nothing for him, swift and determined.

“As far as I know, that’s now how it’s supposed to manifest, even Jonyna seemed a bit shocked by this development in trying to teach me.” He hoped that Valery’s wisdom could shed some light on it. He knew that Jonyna had her own academic limitations, and pondered if there might be a clear answer to this dilemma that neither him or his Master was aware of.

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png

Wiggle wiggle.

Aura squealed happily and very gently continued to pat Jonyna's tail. She was loving it, and that alone made it impossible for Valery not to smile. Though with Ko's arrival, she let her daughter do her thing, and focused on him instead. He had always been a good student, very kind and willing to learn, so for him to approach with a problem like this meant something was really up. The explanation that followed from him was... a bit troubling.

"Well, an explosion is quite different from a fire. Explosions are a sudden release of energy, while a fire is a more gradual thing that needs to constantly be sustained. In a way, it needs to breathe," Valery said. "When we use pyrokinesis, we tap into the Force to make the molecules in the air tremble, so they start rubbing against each other to produce heat. That, in turn, becomes a fire."

She rubbed the back of her neck and sighed softly, "There are a few abilities that can cause explosions, such as a Force Burst, Combustion, Force Repulse and a few more Darker abilities. I think the way you're channeling the Force is more akin to what you need to do for those."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"And that's where you lose me. I've never used any of those abilities." She held up a finger, a small flame producing from it like a small lighter. "I've never used any of those abilities before. Pyrokinesis is my specialty, but I've never made an explosion, unless you count making an impromptu flamethrower. I need an assist on this one Master. Anyone you know who's good with this kinda thing? ...it wouldn't happen to be you, would it?" She gave a sheepish smile, hoping the answer was 'yes'.

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png
Valery’s technical description was pretty similar to what he had mentioned to Jonyna prior. Explaining the technical physics of what was going on. In a sense, compressing the air to generate heat, and then a flame. This was what Ko was also trying to do. But he seemed to be having trouble allowing it to “breath” as Valery said. Instead it all rushed together too quickly before getting unleashed as an abrupt and unsustainable explosion.

“Force Burst and Force Repulse are techniques I’m knowledgeable about. I suppose there are some similarities in those. Where one creates a violent, telekinetic pressure wave. Although I am unfamiliar with the other ability simply called ‘Combustion’.” Ko replied after his Master spoke up. Expressing her own ignorance regarding what was going on. Thinking about how she called pyrokinesis her speciality. It almost seemed just as natural to her walking. Making Ko wonder if perhaps one of the abilities that Valery listed were things he might be naturally talented in.

“I can’t help but feel a little dejected over this compilation…” The Kel Dor padawan confessed. A measure of disappointment evident in his voice. “As someone who has a history as a cultivator, growing and building things up. I feel a little concerned about the idea of just blowing things up.” Fire was also inherently quite destructive as well, but it could provide light, warmth and comfort. It could purify though cooking that nourishes. It was hard to imagine much utility and good that could come from conjuring explosions.

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png

Valery chuckles, "It depends. Most Jedi don't typically focus on abilities that cause explosions. There is very little use for it, after all." A lot of risk as well, which is why Valery wanted to tackle this so much. She trusted Ko and felt he was a responsible Jedi, but uncontrolled use of the Force could lead to accidents. With an ability that causes explosions, such an accident could become fatal to someone.

She then turned back to Ko, and listened to what he had to say. Not surprisingly, he already had quite a good idea about what it was, and shared her concerns about abilities with explosive capacity. "It's possible that you simply have an affinity for this, over something like Pyrokinesis. My oldest son can't use Telekinesis, no matter how hard he tries, while my daughter is very proficient at it for her age."

"We're all different, and sometimes, that's something we just need to accept."
She paused for a moment and looked between the two.

"That said, combustion is very dangerous, and so is Pyrokinesis. At my old Enclave, these two were both on a list of restricted abilities that we only taught to Jedi after they were cleared by the Council. While we aren't so strict here at the NJO, I do believe you should prioritize learning how to control it. Not so that you can go around using it freely, but so you at least don't cause accidents with it."

"I can assist with that, if you'd like."

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png
The Kel Dor padawan agreed for the most part. It was hard for him to even imagine summoning explosions to be very practical even in most combat situations without it being overkill and or unwarranted. Ko listened to Valery explain how it could be merely an affinity. For whatever reason the ability to more easily use this combustion technique might’ve come at the cost of limiting him in other ways.

“I recall reading something similar to that, in regards to your son. A jedi master back from after the dark times, who struggled greatly with many Force abilities we kind of take for granted. But in regards to tutimins, they were unrivaled.” Ko didn’t know if that was exactly the same deal as with her son but helped him realize that this was something that happened from time to time.

Valery’s explanation helped to quell Ko’s negative feelings of self doubt now. The Force had a habit of working in mysterious ways, and perhaps this little hiccup in his training was just one of those moments. As the Sword of The Jedi explained things some more, he could also feel thankful that he was in the NJO. Where he wouldn’t find repercussions or be reprimanded for this new development in his training.

“I too would be thankful for any assistance Master Noble. Your knowledge on the mater has already been a great help I believe. If for whatever reason this is a power The Force has bestowed upon me, then I want to do everything in my ability to be responsible and mindful and to never misuse or abuse it.” Ko said, marking his conviction and recognizing the risks it involved. Like his master, he’d certainly appreciate it if Valery helped him in any way. But he knew that she was a busy woman. Both as a council member and… well he just needed to look at the humored child to get an idea of what else she had on her plate.

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png

Valery nodded to Ko Vuto Ko Vuto with a soft smile, "His case is very similar, but focused around other abilities." Aris couldn't do Tutaminis either, or even use typical Jedi senses. But she wasn't going to get into that now — they needed to focus on Ko and his rather explosive tendencies. Before a case of uncontrolled or unintended use caused someone great harm.

Ko, of course, felt the same way about it.

"My suggestion is that we first go somewhere remote," Valery then told Jonyna Si Jonyna Si . "Until he is able to control this ability, he shouldn't ever be practicing it here on Coruscant, or anywhere crowded. We could go to New Cov or perhaps some wasteland on a remote planet." Somewhere they could freely make explosions happen without having to look around to make sure nobody was getting too close.

"Then, I'd like to see where this ability comes from. As you said, Pyrokinesis for you is about controlling emotions. We want to get to the source, and gradually help Ko tap into it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom