Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nightfall on Nubia

ct1rLVo.jpg

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

04fYQtb.png

Although without a mentor, Ko was a padawan. Yet he still kept his earlier formative years as a member of the Agri-corp in high regard. Never feeling any shame for it, despite some possibly view Ko as a wash up, who just got lucky later on. For the young Kel Dor Nubia was like a second home for him. Or more like a third home behind the Jedi Temple and Dorin behind that. Having spent many days hard at work in the numerous farmsteads that stretched past the horizon. Growing foodstuffs to send out across the Corellian Run and Corellian Trade Spine hyperspace lanes into the deeper reaches of the galaxy to worlds peoples that need them.

However, in these modern times the border world has seen a rise in banditry. Highwaymen swoop gangs stealing, extorting and raiding the isolated farmers outside of the relative safety of the planet’s major cities. Given Ko’s closeness to the planet he requested some aid from the wider New Jedi Order, or at least some guidance on how to proceed. Although it went against his better nature as a Kel Dor, Ko understood that he couldn’t go off engaging in reckless vigilantism.

To his surprise, the Jedi were sending help for him.
8.jpg
Another within The Order of a higher. Other than that Ko didn’t know who he would be working with. Back on Coruscant it was morning, but here on Nubia it was evening now, the sun was beginning to set. Washing the sky above with a warm glow. As of now Ko was arriving at the Nuba City space port where his ally would be arriving shortly. Stepping off the monorail and making his way to the hanger they should be arriving at. Ko patiently waited to see who he would be spending the evening with.

Nubia
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

It wasn't uncommon for Valery to work with Padawans who weren't her own direct students, but this was a somewhat peculiar situation. The Padawan was her point of contact — he was someone with greater experience when it came to the planet she was visiting. Both the good and the bad sides of it, and sadly, today her visit was about addressing a growing problem on Nubia. Its underworld had been growing significantly, and together with the Padawan, she wanted to put a stop to it.

So as evening fell on Nubia, Valery's X-wing burst through the clouds and descended into the spaceport. She landed it carefully, powered down the engines, and raised the canopy so she could step outside. Her helmet then came off, allowing her long hair to cascade down behind her back. After tossing the helmet back into the cockpit, Valery stepped away and searched for the Jedi.

"Padawan Vuto?" Valery asked when she spotted him and approached.

"I'm Master Noble. I'll be working with you here to address the recent problems."

04fYQtb.png

Ko didn’t recognize the craft that landed. It was a black vessel that seemed to be some variant of the popular x-wing model. Emerging from the craft was a woman, but not just any woman, it was the battle master of the New Jedi Order. Ko personally had to do something of a double take when he saw her. He knew it would be someone of higher rank who’d arrive, but the padawan hadn’t expected them to be of such high caliber.

He nodded when she called his name when she approached. Straightening his more normal, and relaxed posture. Uh… G-Greetings Master Noble, and welcome to Nubia.” Ko sort of felt like he was at a loss for words. Initially he was ready to cut straight to the chase and give and inform the new arrival with the situation. But the young padawan had a moment of pause. Fearing she might be sensing his sudden unease he spoke up again. “I hope your flight went well. As for the situation here, initially the local authorities didn’t pay it much mind, especially here in the capital. At first it honestly wasn’t too much of a concern. Even for the farmers who were most directly affected. Whole tons worth of crops could be stolen and it wouldn’t affect their bottom line at all. But things changed after the highwaymen messed with some more valuable product well past most of the other farms for growing foodstuffs. That’s when the big cheese, Prall the Hutt got involved.”

With that said Ko paused for a moment again. Giving the Jedi master a moment to take in what he was saying before continuing. “Here, I’ll tell you the rest on the monorail.” Ko said before leading her out of the hanger to the monorail.

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Thank you for the warm welcome," Valery told him with a slight tilt of her head. "I wish it had been under better circumstances, but I'm sure we'll manage, hm?" she offered a faint, but kind smile this time and watched him carefully. She could sense some surprise, which wasn't all that weird given the situation. To have a Padawan be more up-to-date on a planetary issue was already odd enough, but for them to work with her was perhaps strange as well.

Not that it bothered her in the slightest. She was more than happy to work with any Jedi, especially those with experience or valuable knowledge.

"My flight went well too, thank you." Then she listened to his short briefing on what was happening, and at the mention of a Hutt, a frown settled on her face. Perhaps he'd even notice a shift in her presence, as her gaze hardened. Valery had her own past with the Hutts, particularly their enslavement of species throughout the Galaxy.

It still made her a little uncomfortable.

"I'd like to know as much about this Hutt and his followers as possible. Then we can come up with a plan of action." Valery followed him to the monorail and seemed very curious to hear more.

04fYQtb.png

Ko did indeed have some valuable knowledge, in some ways he was a bit of a local himself here on Nubia, and thus familiar with its culture and history. Despite himself being a bit caught off guard when he finally realized he would be working together with Valery Noble, she had something of a friendly energy too her. Something the Kel Dor would've have initially imagined for the former Jedi Shadow and Sword of The Jedi.

The Jedi master’s demeanor seemed to shift some when Ko mentioned the Hutt. Which he could understand, their reputation cast a dark shadow over their entire civilization. Hearing Master Noble’s request he nodded as he led her from the hangar. “Prall the Hutt run’s this planet, and has been doing so for many generations, back during the old Galactic Empire.” Ko began to explain, and gave Valery some idea of how ancient Prall was. “The democratic government might be who represents Nubia in the senate, but PharmCorp is really in charge here, and Prall owns the company.” That fact was originally a secret, but after hundreds of years the truth eventually came out. “Being in comparatively good shape and having access to state of the art medical technology Prall has managed to keep his youth after all this time. But if I’m being honest, Master Noble, The Hutt really isn’t my primary concern, at least not yet. That’s why I asked the rest of the order for help here.”

Finally reaching the monorail and heading into one of the carts, they began to make their way to the edge of the large capital city. There Ko continued. “The Highwaymen normally go after crops in transit by another company. But recently they’ve been going after PharmCorp supplies. Not sure what exactly but whatever it is, rumor has it that Prall is mighty angry over it. I fear he’s planning revenge on the Swoop gang messing with his company, and making this bad but somewhat manageable situation worse.” The last thing Ko wanted was for the Hutt and PharmCorp to hire an army to crack down too hard on the swoop gangs and cause more harm for the civilians in the crossfire.

The Jedi master could likely sense the Padawan’s worrying over the situation. He was largely on his own and wasn't entirely sure what the best course of action might have been, and that he'd just waisted time by waiting for some backup from the Jedi Order. “My idea is that we can bring the Highwaymen swoop gang to justice before things spiral more out of control, and prevent a much bigger issue. I hope I’ve given a good idea of the situation. I’m still pretty new to being a padawan, and without a mentor I figured asking for some help would be the best course of action.”

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

The more she learned about the Hutt, the more concerned she was about the whole situation. If he had been running the show here for so long, it meant that he had a very tight grip on the people and economy of the planet. Such a hold was not easy to break, so she understood when Ko talked about the Hutt not being his primary concern yet. There were other steps to take before he could ever be brought to justice.

But it would not be easy, she knew.

Ko then continued to explain the situation as they reached the monorail, and Valery tilted her head, "Sounds almost like a gang war is waiting to happen, with civilians trapped between them. Not just in the crossfire, but they likely need the supplies that are being stolen and sold for far more." She sighed and set aside her emotions, so she could focus. It allowed her to feel just how troubled the Padawan was as well about all of this.

Valery then turned to him, and offered a smile, "Well, I think you're doing wonderful, and I agree with your plan as well. We remove one part of the problem to keep it from escalating, and we go from there." She dipped her head and turned her gaze outwards for a moment.

"I'm confident that we can manage together."

04fYQtb.png

Ko was glad the Jedi master understood where his concern was. It would be hard to see someone like Prall brought to justice as someone so entrenched and not the kind of thing to happen overnight. More of a task for a dedicated Jedi Investigator. What was important now was the safety and security of the rural and isolated communities. Ko dreaded to wonder what could happen if a future conflict broke out. At worst it could bring a lot of the agricultural production to a halt. Meaning a primary food producer for the corellian sector could leave many going hungry. So the Jedi could be stopping a much greater domino effect from occurring.

When Valery smiled and spoke about how she believed he was doing a good job and agreeing with his plan it helped a lot in easing his anxiety over the situation. “T-Thank you Master Noble, that means a lot coming from you.” Ko had worried some that her presence might have been overkill, and that her skills were being wasted aiding the local issues here on Nubia. But she seemed to understand the gravity of the situation which helped the padawan feel more confident about the situation.

“The monorail doesn’t go where we’re needed, but we’ll be close to a depot where we can rent a pair of swoop bikes to get to where we need. Have you ever ridden one?” Ko asked, it felt like a silly question in hindsight. He would be pretty surprised if she hadn't.

After a bit more on the Monorail they arrived at their destination near the outskirts of Nuba City. Not far from the station there was the depot Ko had mentioned. In short order he managed to get the pair of Jedi two Flare-S Swoop Bikes, having reserved them prior to Valery's arrival. Turning to the Jedi Master Ko remarked. “Pretty popular model of speeder here, good altitude makes them well suited for the more mountainous regions here on Nubia.”

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery simply offered him a smile when he thanked her, and already focused her mind on the task at hand. This wasn't her first time on a mission like this, which had both its political sides, and very clear ramifications for the ordinary citizen. So she understood just how serious they had to approach this, and she'd make sure to be ready for it.

A question then followed about swoop bikes, and Ko would definitely be able to see the smirk forming on her face. "Oh I've ridden them many times before," she said with a chuckle. "I quite enjoy speeder bikes and fast drives. I've been called a bit of an adrenaline junkie in the past." Or even just chaos incarnate by Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , but she wasn't going to share that, no matter how right he was about it.

Soon after, the two Jedi arrived at their destination and made their way over to the depot to collect the swoop bikes that Ko had arranged for them. Valery spent a long moment looking at it, then grinned once more, "This will do nicely," she said as she got seated and fired up the engines. She revved it a few times, rolled her shoulders, and let out a soft sigh.

She was going to love feeling the wind blowing through her long hair.

"Do you want to lead the way?" Now all she hoped was that he wouldn't hold back on speed too much.

04fYQtb.png

An adrenaline Junky? Although he never gave the idea much thought, he could see that for the Jedi Master. Under his mask Ko smiled some. “Haha, well that’s good to hear. Although they pose their own risks I do prefer them to piloting sometimes.” Considering the altitude these swoops could reach, one could argue that they were airspeeders as well.

As Valery examined the vehicle Ko climbed himself onto the one he’d be riding. The locals had a real fondness for high speed racing and similar motorsports. Something a bit distinct from the other more “classy” core worlds. Likely exemplifying Nubia’s more rustic character. Starting the swoop bike up, Ko began to answer Valery’s question.

giphy.gif
“Yeah I’ll lead us, I know where we’re heading after all.” The padawan spoke over the engines before changing gears and riding away from the depot. Minding the cities traffic laws before they finally exited the urban sprawl of the capital city. From there he cranked up the speed much more. The seemingly endless farmlands passing by in a hurried blur. The warm glow of the sunset still present in the sky as Nubia’s days were a little longer than that of Coruscant. The pair of Jedi riding their swoops out into the isolated reaches of the continent's rural sections.

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I do, too. Maybe with my X-wing being the one exception," she chuckled, as she loved flying it for the same reason she loved piloting a swoop bike — it was a huge thrill. But not all of it was about going fast and embracing adrenaline. Valery loved the freedom she felt on a bike as well, and the view it sometimes offered was nothing short of stunning. What they were able to witness as they went to ride out into the sunset on Nubia only confirmed this for her.

With the wind blowing through her long, flowy hair, Valery turned her fiery gaze out into the environment. It was calming and made it so easy to forget about the mission or Jedi duty for just a few seconds. Instead, she thought about the sunset she saw on Spira again, together with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . The beauty, serenity, and warm feelings gave her strength.

Valery just couldn't stop herself from smiling a little.

<It's hard to believe that a planet this beautiful is haunted by something so terrible,> Valery said over comms, as the gravity of the situation occurred to her again.

<So let's make sure we put a stop to it, hm?>

04fYQtb.png

Even Ko, who’s spent a considerable amount of time here on Nubia, would have to agree that it was a beautiful planet. The world’s charm was not lost on him even now with its issues. The padawan spoke back over the comms. <“I agree, you being here will help a lot for the folks out here. I’m not so worried anymore, just determined to see justice brought to the vagabond thugs here.”> Thinking for a moment he continued. <“Have you been to very many agriworlds Master Noble? I believe they can be some real diamonds in the rough when it comes to planets.”> Ko asked.

He led the two of them for a good while longer. Eventually the sun retreated past the horizon. Overtaken now by the glow of the moon and stars. The sky was very clear, so even without the sun’s light much of the surroundings were visible. The pair of Jedi were well past the urban sprawl of the capital city, its light pollution faded away behind them. <“It can be a bit dangerous being out this late on foot. Local Fauna can be a real threat. We’ll be arriving soon to our first destination. A real small town, more of a rural outpost but it’s got a motel that’s… nice. And it’s got a cantina too, good rest spot for folks in the region.”> Ko seemed to hesitate at the end.
dexruf4-b58d0419-26e6-4bc4-b273-7cd91e0c5d85.png

Over a hill the faint lights of the tiny town came into view. Riding in it mostly consisted of small housing units, likely to shelter the farms in the area. The largest building as the Motel Ko had mentioned. Slowing his swoop bike down, Ko hovered it over to the front of the motel. Close to a number of various other bigger and badder looking swoops. Shutting off the engines Ko hopped off his bike. “We’re here…”

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

<I've been to a few,> Valery responded to his question, but there was something a little more somber about her tone. The last time she visited one, things hadn't gone so well. It was when she still believed Kahlil to be dead, and she was on a trip that should have been something special but turned into a disaster. But eventually, that disaster also made it easier to reconnect with Kahlil after he returned.

So even to this day, she felt conflicted about it.

Soon, as they continued their journey, the sun finally went down, and Valery's fiery gaze instead looked up at the night sky to enjoy the stars. It was as beautiful as the sunset and made her feel just a little more at ease before they arrived at their destination. The Motel, she suspected, would be where they'd find the source of trouble on the planet. Unless...

"Are we staying here for the night, or will we find who we're looking for?" She smirked, hopped off her bike, and glanced in the direction of the larger bikes they passed. Valery, as always, carried her confidence with her, so no matter how big, strong, dangerous, or ugly the people here were, she had no problem making eye contact.

She wasn't ever going to be intimidated by anybody.

"Lead the way, Ko. But I have your back."

04fYQtb.png

“Well I was gonna get us a pair of rooms. But both would be nice.” Ko replied, no reason they couldn’t try and do both here. It felt a little odd to the padawan though to hear the master tell him to lead the way. “O-Okay, well right this way then.” With that he made his way to a small bar-like establishment situated in the building. Keeping the door open for Valery as they walked in. Eyes shifted over to the pair of Jedi as they entered. Grough and rustic looking patrons glancing at the two.

Valery likely wouldn’t sense much concern coming from the Kel Dor as he strolled over to the worker behind the bar. “Hello, two room keys, and a… um… Ice tea please. Oh and uncaffeinated since it’s late, thanks.” Ko might normally be able to get away with asking for something more hard. But he wouldn’t risk that with the Jedi Master next to him. Looking at her he asked, “Anything you’d like Master Noble?” The worker already began to get Ko’s request, as they did and Ko’s attention was on Valery, a large tough looking Dowutin stood up from their corner of the room. They had a dark leather jacket and approached Ko from behind while Padawan wasn’t looking.

“Fancy seeing you here Smooth-Skin.” The Dowutin said, likely an ironic nickname given Ko’s very NOT smooth skin. Giving the Kel Dor a strong pat on the back Ko finally looked over at him.

“Woah hey, Xade! I should’ve realized you were here with that big swoop out front. That small stature of yours keeps you hidden haha.” Ko replied, with a friendly tone. Clearly the two aliens were familiar with each other as they gave a brief handshake and hug combo. The worker then gave Ko his tea and a pair of room keys, as well as Valery’s request if she wanted anything. Looking back at her, Ko spoke. “Oh sorry this is Xade. He’s actually been a big help with the situation here we’re dealing with.” The padawan explained.

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"That sounds good to me," Valery said before she followed after him. On arrival, Ko held the door open for her, which got her to smile and look at him with an amused smirk. These little things could expose a lot about somebody's character, and paired with the fact that he cared so much about helping this planet, she knew that she was working with a Padawan with great potential. He already had the character of a strong Jedi.

"I'd like a cup of tea, please, thank you." She offered the woman a smile, then turned to look at Ko again. But as she did, she spotted one of the figures from earlier approaching and stared at him from the corners of her eyes. She didn't quite feel any tension rising, nor was there a tremor of danger. But she kept a very close eye on him... until they seemed to know each other. When they shook hands and embraced, Valery chuckled and had that familiar, kind smile again.

"It's nice to meet you, Xade, and thank you for helping Ko here," She said before offering the Dowutin a firm handshake. Valery then collected her cup of tea and glanced between the two.

"Perhaps your friend can help us tomorrow as well, Ko? Or is it best to keep him out of what we're going to get ourselves into?" she asked, not knowing what Xade's expertise was. The last thing she wanted was to expose people to danger they couldn't handle.

04fYQtb.png

As Valery and Xade met each other Ko pulled out his handy bendy straw. Setting it in his own ice tea before the Jedi Master asked her a question. “Actually that was kind of the plan. Before I even reached out to the wider Jedi Order, I wasn’t sure if I’d even get the aid I requested. So I had been working with Xade and his friends to help too. Just in case I was the only one of The Order who’d be here.” Ko began to explain to Valery before bringing his drink up, slotting the straw to a part of his mask to drink from it.

“Yep, I’ve been working here for decades, out in the farms and in the communities. Us citizens have had enough of the problems these highwaymen have been causing. And I take it your masked friend here has told you what might happen if these problems continue.” Xade chimed in, at the end referring to the growing concern of Prall the Hutt, and that he exacerbated the problem far more. “In addition to harming the communities. These punks have given my friends and I a bad name. We all got swoops and love em’. Now when some people hear the engines of a bike they fear the worst and can get a little angsty. You ride down and everyone has a weapon drawn, just in case.” The Dowutin elaborated some more on the effects The Highwaymen have had on the locals, and the wounds they created not just in paychecks, but in their spirit as well.

Pulling his drink away, Ko began to speak up as well.
“Couldn’t have really said it better myself, also Xade and his friends aren’t soldiers, and nobody’s really looking to form a militia here. Especially with Prall growing ever more paranoid. The swoop-bikers here, the good ones, still wanna help but the plan was for it to be more of an auxiliary fashion. Stuff like transport and what not, their scouting has already been invaluable, without it I don’t even know how we’d begin to start.” Personally Ko didn't want them to get themselves too close to any real danger or combat. Although he can blame the determination of some to wanna fight back. These are there homes and communities after all, and Jedi might not always be around to help.

Last edited:

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery listened to both Ko and Xade and quickly felt relieved. She didn't want these people to get involved, and possibly become a huge target for the Hutt and his people. But it seemed that wasn't the case, and while their role in this story was still significant and important, they likely wouldn't get in harm's way.

She was going to have to make sure of it.

"I agree with you, Ko," Valery said with a smile. "The two of us can handle the more... direct approach when the time is right. I also don't want more people to put themselves at risk when it might not be necessary." She looked at Xade now and offered a grateful smile for everything he was already doing to help.

"That said, are there any ideas about what our next big step could be? After we get some rest here, of course." She looked at the motel and rolled her shoulders. "Unless you want to check out that cantina you mentioned before? I assume it'll be busier at night than tomorrow morning."

"What do you think?"

04fYQtb.png

Ko was glad the Jedi Master was on the same page. It was encouraging to him as something of a late bloomer when it came to being a padawan. Having taken on the role after many of his contemporaries had when he was an initiate. The Kel Dor was thankful for the opportunity he had with Valery now, just not as thankful for the circumstances of it.

He nodded when she asked what the next big step was. “Yeah, thanks to Xade and his friends we now know where the Highwaymen have been hiding out, an old weather tower and complex up in the mountains north of here, and with some well placed trackers, we know where they’ve been keeping their ill-gotten gains. The plan is to head there tomorrow morning. The next thing though is a bit of a mixed bag. A thunderstorm will be coming through the area. Good that it can offer us some cover. Bad because well, it’s a storm.” Ko figured it was a bit self explanatory, likely making their way there more difficult and dangerous. The altitude of the mountains weren’t very high either and with the time of year there was no concern for cold weather gear.

Valery then mentioned the cantina.
“I hadn’t actually planned on visiting the cantina tonight. At least not for myself. I was likely going to head to my motel room shortly actually.” Ko remarked.

“Speaking of which, I really should be hitting the sack now myself. Planning on riding out earlier in the morning to get to our rendezvous point before the storm rolls in and make sure things are still in order and ready to go for the two of you. Good catching up with you Ko, and nice meeting you too Ms. Valery.” With that Xade excused himself from the pair of Jedi. Ko looked back to Valery.

“It’s weird, feeling like I’m spearheading this whole operation. I’ve done similar stuff, but not to this degree. Just pre-mission jitters I guess, or maybe… um, nevermind.” What he was about to say was that he was feeling a bit of what could be described as performance anxiety. Although Valery’s words and attitude have been kind and encouraging he couldn’t fully shake the feeling that he might be out of his league. Odd that he both felt in over his head and yet with the Jedi Master of her caliber that it was overkill. Almost as if caught between two extremes. “Oh and before I forget. Here you are, we’ll be in rooms next to each other.” He said, offering Valery her key to her motel room.

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery once more listened to Ko and took in the details about these Highwaymen and how they were set up. Even with a storm masking their approach, knowing they were in a weather tower in the mountains meant trouble. They'd have quite a clear advantage being up that high, so she was already plotting ideas in her mind for a careful, stealthier approach. Perhaps something to look into more the next morning, though.

"We should be fine if we drive through the storm, but we'll have to walk the last part. I doubt that the storm will mask enough for us to be unnoticed if we just drive up to the main entrance." She smirked a little, but she was serious about it. Approaching on foot was almost always the safest bet.

"Hmm, I'll leave the cantina be, then. I think some rest might be good," she added in response to Ko. "And it was nice to meet you, Xade. Thank you for helping out with this issue. I know what risks come with that." Valery offered him an appreciative smile before she finally turned to Ko again.

He seemed a bit more... nervous.

"Well, you've been doing great and once we actually reach the tower, I'll be able to step up more as well. That said, I'd trust you to lead this entire mission, and I have no issue following you. Just know that if you're not sure about something or need help, all you need to do is ask. I will never mock or disrespect you," she assured him.

Valery then accepted the key and flicked it between her fingers a little, "Get some good rest, and we'll head out tomorrow. Good night, Ko."

04fYQtb.png

The padawan understood what she meant. It would very likely be reckless to just ride into their base of operations and expect it to go over well. With such a defensible position any approach would be at least somewhat of a challenge. Being situated on a summit meant that any approach was likely to come from one direction. Bellow, unless they managed to jump in from the skies above. But that was as direct as they could be as far as confronting The Highwaymen.

Then Valery spoke to him, likely sensing some of his unease. Although as a padawan it felt… Unconventional, perhaps to be the one she trusted to lead. Ko just felt like a teenager with a good lay of the land. But maybe he was selling himself short. Valery seems to have trust and faith in him, and wouldn’t let her or the citizens here down. He had to utilize this to strengthen his resolve, not weaken it. He understood a Jedi should always be mindful, but ever doubtful.

Ko’s goggled eyes looked back to Valery and he nodded. His mask likely made it harder to get a visual read on him (Not that it;d likely be much easier without it) “Thanks, again Master Noble. I guess I’m just not as used to the pressures of leadership yet as a Jedi. But I’m learning, and a Jedi ever stops learning right? Haha” He remarked with a soft chuckle at the end. He grabbed the key to his own room and his ice tea. “See you tomorrow morning, good night Master Noble.”

Once in his motel room Ko thought for a moment. His mind still raced some with what tomorrow might hold. Then he remembered something. Ko hadn’t meditated much since his initial days. Back when it was one of the few things he was encouraged to do during his free time. Recalling this Ko sat up in a comfortable position on his bed. Closing his eyes and relaxing his breathing, Kel Dor began to clear his mind to let the Force better offer the padawan guidance.

The Next Day...

concept_02.jpg

The pair of Jedi had gotten up early. Ko himself got himself up just a little bit sooner to get something in preparation for the weather. It was a poncho for Valery. He didn’t imagine her form fitting attire would feel suited for the rain. Ko himself settled for his conventional brown Jedi hooded robe. With that the two set off towards their destination in the mountains. Riding into the storm upon their swoops, the model’s max altitude was well suited for traversing the rough terrain.

Once they were close enough Valery and Ko set the swoop bikes aside in order to travel the rest of the way on foot. Rains and winds pelting them, maybe on a surface level the two could come off as a duo of mountaineers. But the highlands of Nubia were largely barren of civilization, even more so than the isolated rural communities. So they were unlikely to cross anyone’s path.

The skies above them were gloomy, a far cry from the warm and welcoming display of the sunset seen yesterday evening. The clouds above occasionally get illuminated by lightning, followed by its thunder. Coming around a bend in the ridges Ko pointed out to Valery. “Up there, there’s the old weather tower and station.” The place had no clear path to get up there. Likely when it was in official use the workers utilized repulsor craft like air speeders to reach it. No need to spend the time, energy and resources building a road up here. Recalling that the Master he was with was a former Shadow, Ko turned to her and asked. “Do you have any idea on how we should proceed Master Noble?”

Nubia
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"The path of a Jedi is that of an eternal student," Valery said with a smile. It was one of her favorite lessons from her old Master, and she was glad that Ko seemed to already understand it. Valery then grabbed her own drink and offered the Padawan a smile before she turned to her own room.

"Have a good night, Ko. I'll see you tomorrow."

With that, Valery returned to her own room and quickly got changed so she could lie down. But rather than sleeping, she first reached for her necklace and activated a projector, allowing her to see images of Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and kids. She missed them and really felt like she could use some time off to be with her husband. They had other plans first with a journey of some kind, and a diplomatic meeting she had planned. But perhaps after all of it, she could convince him to take a small break with her.

She then sighed, shut off the device, and went to sleep.

div-orange.png

It had been rather amusing to Valery to be offered a poncho in the morning — it made Ko seem all the more thoughtful to her, so rather than being her somewhat stubborn self, she accepted it. Only after they had taken out their bikes and reached the destination point from where they'd have to go on foot, Valery took it off so it couldn't get in the way.

A decent walk followed through somewhat difficult terrain, especially with the storm overhead, but it hardly seemed to bother the Jedi Master. She quite enjoyed being outdoors, and this was an important mission as well. No matter what they'd encounter along the way, she'd be more than ready for it.

"We have the advantage that nobody expects people to come on foot," Valery began in response to his question. "So we can make our approach without too much difficulty. To get inside, I could phase through the wall and open the doors. Or we can cut our way in if there are little patrols outside."

"I doubt there are any accessible ventilation shafts. They tend to be high up in towers like that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom