Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Small Town Girl

Karim_Div.png

"And.. There. That's your problem. You been usin' this to mow down small trees or somthin' Earl?"

It was just another typical day for a typical small town. The handful of folks not busy on the fields wandered through town to sell their hauls or catch up with old friends. Stop by the local cantina to break bread and enjoy drinks. Nothing ever happened here, and for the people who called it home that was perfectly fine with them. Most of them. A green skinned Twi'lek emerged from under the tractor she was working on. Grease covered her from head to toe, staining her clothing. Ijam didn't care, of course. Par the course for a mechanic.

She flashed Earl a grin, tossing what was once a small tree into a growing pile of similar pieces of wood.

Earl, a human, just grimaced. "C'mon. It's not like I did it on purpose."

"Ya still did it, Earl. You forget your glasses again?" Taking his silence as a yes, the girl just snickered and went back to looking over the damage. Thankfully, not much. A replacement for the fuel line was all she found needed. "Yer lucky y'know. Last time you broke this it was a month to get the parts. But!" She hopped into the drivers seat, turning the key. The engine kicked over after a second of stuttering, and the speeder slowly rose into the air.

"She'll be set. No more runnin' over patches of trees, alright? I don't think she'll take another beating like that."

Ijam left it running, hopping down to pat the older man's shoulder as she stepped past. He muttered his usual thanks as she stepped out into the sky. A rag, covered in more grease than she was, was snatched to wipe her hands 'clean' as she looked towards the midmorning sun.

"Y'think anything's gonna happen today?"

"Nothin' ever does, Ijam. If ya wanna get to the stars yer gonna have to do more than look though." She blinked, glancing to the old man. Who was already driving away. A frown took over as she waved him off.

"You make it sound like I got my head in the clouds old man!"

"Everyone in town already knows that's true!"

Without a retort she huffed and turned back to her shop to gather up the kindling she'd removed from the speeder. Couldn't have it laying out here after all.

Small Town Girl

Tags: Ijam'cahi Ijam'cahi
Time: Two months after Takodana
Worn Tunic and Pants
Omi-Tool Arm (Right Arm)
Prosthetic Lekku
To say she was tired was an understatement. Ever since she had been jumped on Takodana, Mi'la had decided to take another chance at her path to recovery. Working in a field wasn't her idle way to reconnect with the Force, but the labor certainly assisted in rebuilding the muscle she had lost while on her space trip.

Today of all days, was her pay day. Time to off sell whatever batch of corn she was collecting, and ideally save up for a ticket off world. As she decoupled the grav-sled from her speeder, the loud 'clunk' of the power coupling going caught her ear, followed by the 'thud' of her speeder hitting the ground. The sound of which soured her mood almost immediately.

The speeder she had bought as a hand me down of a hand me down from some poor fool outside the Spaceport on her first week here. It got the job done at times, but she wouldn't exactly all it reliable. Gnarl, a rather mouthy Weequay, immediately took note, as he began to laugh. "Really Uni? Told you to sell that thing weeks ago, now you're stuck here! Ha!" The Twi'lek, now on her hands and knees as she was trying to detach the grav-sled from her now grounded speeder.

Stifling her frustrations, she took a deep breath, calming herself, and shaking her head like a mother dealing with a fussy child. "I am not stuck, just slightly put off of time. Go get my pay, I'll have this fixed in no time." She said, grunting as she took hold of the latch, and clicked it off, separating the sled from her speeder, but left her now with a speeder to try and get up and running. Climbing into the front of her junker, she played with the ignition several times, watching as the power lights weakly flashed on, before dying. Much as she hated to admit it, she'd need to get a part for it. Fishing for her documents, she memorized the model and part number needed, just as Gnarl approached her with her credits in hand. Before he could make another joke, she asked him plainly. "That repair place you mentioned, is it far?" She asked pointedly, hand clenching her steering wheel tightly.

Perhaps it was the look in her eye, but she swore she saw Gnarl straighten as he pointed back a ways. "No, no, not at all Uni, just a minute or two down that way, nice girl knows her stuff. Ijam we calls her, erm, good deal I think yea?" He stammered, as Mi'la took her pay, and leapt from the speeder. "Well then, I'm off to see her. If anyone swipes panels off my speeder, I'm blaming you Gnarl." She said over her shoulder, jogging as she headed off for the shop, stowing her credits into the pouch at her hip.

Gnarl was trying to shout something to her, but she didn't pay him enough mind to listen. Sooner she could fix up her speeder, the better.

Karim_Div.png

Good thing about small towns? No competition. When someone needed a mechanic, Ijam was the only one for miles. Didn't mean she abused that of course. These people were all friends or at least a friend of a friend. But on the flip side, also meant work was fewer and farther between. She fixed things to stay fixed.

And when there was only a handful of things to fix to begin with, well.

She sat out on the porch area of the shop, idly fiddling with the remains of a droid body that'd ended up in her shop. It was missing.. A lot. But it was something to pass the time. Her Lekku flicked about as she stayed lost in this world of cybernetics, acting out her focus in a rather elaborate, unintentional way. There were a couple kids close by just watching and giggling quietly to one another about the sight.

So lost in her own world she didn't even notice the stranger that had approached.

Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari

Small Town Girl

Worn Tunic and Pants
Omi-Tool Arm (Right Arm)
Prosthetic Lekku
Mi'la had always tried to remain an active jedi, lots of running and climbing exercises and the like. So for her little run to the mechanics shop, it wasn't too much on herself to get there. Though as she neared, she felt her danger sense flair, as an Airspeeder came screaming over the hill, smoke billowing from it's engine, as the driver seemed intent on hitting maximum speed. Mi'la found herself having little time to react, as the vehicle came racing at her, and not quick enough to dive out of the way with her current power, she was forced to tap into her Force, the Twi'lek wincing as she strained to conjure it forth, and leapt, tucking her body as she had in her training, and applying the energy into her legs.

She felt herself lift, flipping in the air, and then the nearness of the vehicle was another thing she became aware of. She hadn't been able to pull enough, and nearly came down directly onto the engines of the speeder. Though by luck, she had landed off to the side, avoiding being burned by the fully primed engines, though she had taken in a bit of the smoke that it produced, leaving the woman coughing as she cleared it from her lungs. She hardly had recovered when a group of children watched her in awe. "How did you do that!?!" One of them, a small Togruta girl, asked in astonishment, and Mi'la grabbed at the best lie she could muster. "Eat all your vegetables, and listen to your parents!" The girls smile faded, as did the rest of the children. "Awww...." The chorus cried, as they seemed to no longer be interested in the Twi'lek, going back to their odd game of....were they kicking rocks?

Strange.

Regardless of that, she spotted the fellow Twi'lek working on a droid, and jogged on over, giving a small declaration of her intent. "Hey there! Are you Ijam? My speeder broke down, I could use your help!"

Hopefully this wouldn't take too long to get straightened out.

Last edited:

Karim_Div.png

The blare of a speeder racing through town had Ijam lift her head. A frown settled on her lips, eyes narrowing just as it went past. Glaring at the driver. She knew who it was, everyone in town did. He really needed to be more ca- Wait. She blinked, double taking back to the other Twi'lek. Her head canted to the side.

Confusion.

She pushed herself up from where she was tinkering, slowly nodding her head. "Yeah, uh. I can grab my pack and.. Did you- You jumped out of the way, right?"

Small Town Girl

Worn Tunic and Pants
Omi-Tool Arm (Right Arm)
Prosthetic Lekku
Mi'la was near the woman now, able to speak with a calmer voice, though the startled reaction she had registered upon the woman, as she seemed to be processing what she had just seen. Mi'la mentally kicked herself for having put on the display, perhaps she should have just chanced being struck rather than showcase a hint of her...well, lacking abilities.

The Force still hadn't felt right to her. Perhaps it never would. "Just barely, it's true what they say, never skip leg day." Mi'la tried to wave off the woman's words with a joke. "But, yea, my speeder I think the power couplings went bad. Just let me know how much it'll cost and I'll straighten it out."

She stood there now, awkwardly smiling at the Twi'lek, just wanting to get her things taken care of so she could depart.

Karim_Div.png

Ijam raised a doubtful brow, but she didn't press on it. If the other woman wanted to keep her secrets, that was fine. Instead, yeah. Power couplings? The mechanic nodded before doubling back to her shop. Just for a brief moment, to gather up some spare parts. Just in case. "Well, can't say I know how much it'll be until I see what happened. How far did you break down from town? We should be able to just walk there."

Small Town Girl

Worn Tunic and Pants
Omi-Tool Arm (Right Arm)
Prosthetic Lekku
Mi'la blinked, trying to map out just how far she was from where her speeder was parked. It couldn't be that far really. Long as the woman wasn't prying about her, she didn't really care. She just needed her speeder fixed up and now. Least her fellow Twi'lek was gathering up parts, which told Mi'la she might actually get service here. "Appreciate it, I'm just up the road at the market, just off loaded my crops and it died on me." She shrugged, rubbing her hands together at the front, getting an uncertain sensation coming over her, but she ignored it as a lingering side effect from the last time someone had known she was a jedi.

But, what were the chances that'd happen a second time? It had to be pretty low, right?

Small Town Girl

Worn Tunic and Pants
Omi-Tool Arm (Right Arm)
Prosthetic Lekku
She supposed she should have expected small talk, this being a small town and all. She shrugged at the comment, growing uncomfortable initially, though Mi'la calmed herself. No need to get all in a funk, this was just a simple question. "Something like that, I've been here for only two months, don't much linger though." She tried to explain, searching for the name of the farmer she worked for, she produced it. "Mister Flagston and his wife, I just collect the crops for them and bring them in to sell on market. Don't much care for Gnarl and his attitude honestly." She elaborated, trying to remain casual, but trying not to look like she was trying to be.

That nervous tinge at the back of her mind was just too much. It drove her nuts, and she kept expecting something bad to occur, even though she knew that was a stupid thought. She didn't like it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom