Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Business

Mid Rim, Western Reaches, Biox Detour Hyperspace Route; Takodana

Juno Wren was hunting a jedi. A considerable bounty had been posted by the Sreedo Corporation out of 244-Core, and while she was loathe to deal with galactic conglomerates, she couldn't deny the appeal of the vast sum of credits. She wasn't greedy by any means, but her profession was an expensive one, and all the more dangerous for her choice of quarry.
The Mandalorian- tall, well-made, heavily armored and perpetually helmeted- had tracked her prey across the reaches of space to Malagan's Redoubt on Takodana, a labyrinthine starport that sprawled the lengths of the Suwalan River. The markets streets were bustling as spacers, smugglers, explorers, and all manner of multi-eyed and many-limbed folk strolled the fairways, haggling at the stalls; there were Ithorians quibbling over bolts of shimmering fabric, Trandoshans huddled around a stall where an old Codru-Ji woman grilled meats over an open flame, and there, slipping into the cantina Ka'Xa Lerru, a lavender-skinned Twi'lek clad in nondescript clothing.
And so it begins.
It was the work of Juno's life, to hunt Force users. She had learned to shield her mind from their touch, to fight against and circumvent their electric style of combat, to isolate them from their source of power- everything she was had been sculpted and molded to walk the path of the Mandokarla, even her armor and her weapons; Beskar'gam to fend off their lightsabers, sonic and concussion blasters to nullify them, a taozin skin nodule to mask her presence, mandalorian manacles to hold them prisoner. They were only tools, however- she was the true weapon, crafted for the glorious purpose of the hunt.
The Way was in her blood, for her mother had been a Y'ivra- a Force hunter- of the Mandokarla, and her mother's mother, and her mother's mother before her, and so on for as long as her clan had called Kestri home. But this... this was to be her first true hunt. Her excitement, thrumming in her bones like an ionic current, was tempered by a lifetime of strict discipline.
She followed the hidden jedi into the cantina.

Last edited:

Just Business

Tags: Sid Lauron Juno Wren Juno Wren
Time: Shortly after Mi'la returns from the Living Sea.
Mi'la was tired, very tired. Several days of traveling around, and not to mention the stress, she needed a moment to relax. Just a moment would work, but truth be told she was just feeling run down. So much to do, so little time, she felt as if she was just not doing enough. Clad in her attire, she moved into the cantina, keeping herself contained, as she was struggling to block out the alien thoughts that seemed to invasive. Her exile had shown her only a small amount of her potential had come forth. The jedi of the past had told her to tell her that she needed to rely on her connections to find her path ahead, and yet, she had no idea what the mind. Connect to what, to who?

Mi'la didn't know, and unlike her time with the Concord, she couldn't just walk on over and ask for help. She was a freak, a 'wound', but unlike what medicine would say, this wound couldn't be healed. Not naturally at least. She thought back to Rhea, that woman she had spent a night with on that Hutt backwater world. She wished they was here. She really needed someone right now.

Sitting down at the bar, she set her credits down, ignoring the scowl from the overworked bartender. "Juma juice please." She asked meekly, and waited to be served.

No one said it would be this hard.

Sid Lauron

S
Takodana
Tags: Juno Wren Juno Wren , Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari

Sid approached the entrance of the cantina. The spurs on his boots rattled with each step; Faint, but noticeable. It was hard to miss the Cyborg. His spherical head made sure of that. Sid didn’t care much about that, however. He was on the clock.

The Duros had been tipped off that a Jedi was in the area. Out here that was a walking lottery ticket. Of course, a Jedi is still that: A Jedi. It took a certain kind of crazy to accept a bounty on such a being. Sid was that in spades. As he stepped in, unintentionally making his presence known, his mechanical eye scanned the cantina patrons.

“Alright, yeh varmint,” Sid muttered to himself. “Where are yeh hiding…”

Juno sidestepped a cyborg with a bulbous head who was muttering to himself near the entrance and stalked to the bar, sliding into the barstool beside the jedi. She slipped her sonic pistol free as she sat down, hiding its chrome length beneath the overhanging edge of the bar top.
Up close, the twi’lek didn’t look like what she had imagined a jedi to look like, strong and stalwart and deadly; she just looked tired, dreadfully so, as if she hadn’t rested for days on end. The hunter could empathize, for sleep deprivation had been a common tactic to use on initiates at the Kom’rk, so she felt almost sorry for what she was about to do.
“Don’t panic,” Juno began wiggling her blaster just enough so the jedi could see it, her naturally soft voice modulated to a lower timbre by the voice decoder built into her helmet. “I don’t want to cause a scene, so just keep drinking your juice, nice and slow. I’ll make this quick.” She waved off the bartender when he began to wander over and leaned closer to the jedi, speaking in a whisper. “There’s a considerable bounty on your head, and I’m claiming it. Resist if you like, it makes no difference.”
Though I sincerely hope you do. She wanted to test herself against a live Jedi Knight. Her pride all but demanded it.

Just Business

She had just gotten her drink, sighing as she held the glass, and stopped as she felt a current of the Force shift, and with a small shift of her gaze, she found an armored Mandalorian moving in on her. Closing her eyes, she took in a breath, hoping that she was wrong. But as the woman spoke, Mi'la's head dropped, still holding her glass as she listened, nodding slowly. "I...don't have the strength to combat you. Let me just finish this, and I'll go with you." Raising her glass slowly, her eyes fell upon a nicely placed bottle just across the way.

The plan was already in motion.

She drank the glass slowly, her mind clasping hold of the bottle, and as she finished, she turned to the huntress, offering her hands, palm down to her. "Ready when you are-" She cut herself off, as she would fling the bottle as hard as she could into the back of the armored woman's head, her hands moving outward as she shoved into the Mando with all she had, and attempted to flee, quickly reaching for her saber as she went.

Why the hell couldn't she catch a break?

Even that bottle trick had seemed too much for her, as she felt a wave of fatigue slamming into her.

Sid Lauron

S
Takodana

Sid's eye fixed in on a distant scuffle, watching as a Twi'lek woman threw a beverage into the face of a Mandalorian warrior. As his computer-enhanced brain scanned the woman's face, a hit came up. This was his Jedi.

"Found ya."

The cyborg strode forwards, the sound of his spurs increasing as his steps grew faster. Sid put himself in between the Jedi and the exit, his hands ready to quick-draw his DE-10s. His bionic eye squinted as he squared up his body, assuming a stance one might take in a duel or a shootout.

"Howdy there, partner," the Duros began, the camera like shutters over his eye narrowing. "I'm gonna ask that you come with me." He tilted his head slightly, acknowledging the Mandalorian. "I suggest you stay out of this, Mando. This bounty is mine."

Juno was immediately suspicious. The Jedi was just going to give up? Without a fight? She almost shot the woman then and there-
!

Of all the things Juno expected, getting hit in the back of the head with a bottle wasn't one. She was more surprised than anything, flinching forward from the ringing impact, only for the Jedi to shove her off her stool and into the greasy Besalisk that was sitting beside her. The four-armed being pushed her back upright her with a powerful shove from his dual-arms, grumbling in agitation, sending the young Mando stumbling. Beneath her helmet, her cheeks burned with embarrassment. The Jedi was making a fool of her.
"Watch it Mando," the besalisk grumbled.
The Twi'lek made a break for it, sprinting towards the exit as Juno righted herself, but the cyborg had moved into her path, looming menacingly between the Jedi and freedom. He stood in a loose stance, hands hovering near his holsters as if preparing to draw, as if he was preparing to steal her bounty... but Juno already had one of her blasters in her hand, and she was done playing nice.
"I'm going to ask that you come with me," the cyborg was saying. He tilted his massive head towards Juno. "I suggest you stay out of this, Mando. This bounty is mine."
Stay out of it? Yours?!Anger and indignation burned in her gut like a shot of Mandallian Narcolethe. She'd hoped to do this quietly, but the loth-cat was out of the bag now, so she did the only sensible thing:
She raised her sonic blaster and shot the cyborg- and the pesky Jedi- squeezing four shots at the pair as quick and accurately as she could in the semi-crowded cantina, careful to aim for extremities, in the Jedi's case. The tiny balls of sonic energy- enveloped in plasma containment spheres- didn't have the range of a blaster, nor the travel speed, but they were unblockable by lightsabers and terrifically lethal; the sonic energy contained within the sphere could rupture an organics' organs with even a glancing hit to the torso, without proper protections.

Last edited:

Just Business

Mi'la had thought herself set, as she did attempt to run, in fact she figured she was home free until the cyborg from out of Ord Mentell stepped before her. Saber in hand, Mi'la tilted it to the side, prepared to ignite it and start a throw down, but became increasingly aware of just how out of practice she was. To make matters worse, before she could reply, the two hunters were already starting to bicker and argue, as Mi'la herself plotted for a way out of this mess. She stilled her tongue, knowing that extra brain power she could use to hurl insults would be better served thinking of a way out.

With the pair raising blasters now, Mi'la's blade ignited, as the Mandalorian fired upon her and the other hunter. In a very, not so planned fashion, she leapt for cover, striking a table, knocking her saber from her hand, and tumbling onto the floor as several patrons began to shout and scream, with three of them diving for the still active lightsaber that began burning into the floor. Dazed, dizzy, and currently trapped under a table, the Jedi groaned, hearing the shots from before still ringing in her head, though try as she might, her movements were just...not right.

She tried to affirm to herself that she needed to get out of here, needed to run, but what then? Where then? A sense of weariness built, and though she would make it to her feet, she found herself unable to recall her saber back into her hand.

None of this was going great.

Sid Lauron

S
Takodana

The Duros soon found the Mandalorian's weapon pointed in his general direction. Four shots were fired in an unplanned manner, aimed at both him and the target. The cyborg weaved out of the way of projectiles, taking the time to analyze the energy signature with his eye. Sonic weaponry contained in plasma spheres. One hit from that would easily reduce the insides of anyone to sludge. The Mandalorian, in line with her culture, was clearly packing heat.

"Woah," Sid reacted, not acting as though he had just been fired upon. "Sonic rounds? Playin' dirty, I see. Best watch where you aim those. Wouldn't wanna boil the target's insides, would we."

As he said this, Sid remembered the target, briefly scanning the room to find where she had squirreled off to. The Twi'lek Jedi had taken a dive to the cover of a nearby table, loosing her still active lightsaber in the process. Functionally, she was disarmed. The only thing he would have to deal with was the armored woman standing in front of him. The entire cantina seemed to erupt into chaos as well.

"Well, this place turned all beer and skittles," Sid continued with a shrug. "Sure made a ruckus, huh? I guess that means it's time to negotiate then... Fortunately, I've got my persuaders."

Sid drew his pistols at a speed that would be considered quite impressive, even for a skilled duelist. Only one shot was fired, aimed directly at the Mandalorian's forehead. Of course, he knew very well that her helmet was likely Beskar. He wasn't shooting to kill. Rather, he was shooting to demonstrate that he knew how to aim. Sid didn't like an unfair advantage in a duel. He always gave his adversaries a chance to reconsider their initial assumptions of his lethality.

Dank farrik!
Just as she had feared, once the first shots were fired, everything went to shavit. The Jedi managed to drop her lightsaber while diving for cover, and no less than three beings were wrestling for it; one of them had already lost fingers to the energy blade, but continued brawling nearly undeterred. A number of patrons were trying to flee the building, pushing past the one-eyed cyborg still looming near the door, but a smaller number of patrons lifted their own blasters, warily taking aim at Juno, the cyborg, the Jedi still crumpled on the floor, even each other.
“Woah," the cyborg said. He’d danced almost casually around her shots, taking advantage of their relatively slow moving nature; Unluckily for him, she had something faster holstered on her other hip. "Sonic rounds? Playin' dirty, I see. Best watch where you aim those. Wouldn't wanna boil the target's insides, would we."
Not the target’s, she thought grumpily, just yours.
"Well,” the cyborg continued, louder over the sounds of chaos, “this place turned all beer and skittles.” He shrugged. "Sure made a ruckus, huh? I guess that means it's time to negotiate then... Fortunately, I've got my persuaders."
This one’s a talker.
The cyborg drew his pistols- a pair of sleek DE-10s- and Juno moved as he took aim, ducking low as she palmed and armed a glop grenade in her left hand. The cyborg barely missed, even with the people jostling past to flee- Juno would’ve been impressed by his skill if she wasn’t so annoyed by his interference. She fired off a shot at the table in front of him as a distraction, the violent sonic energies of the plasma-cased bullet causing the table to literally explode, and with an underhand throw, she almost gently tossed the primed grenade forward- it bounced off an overturned table and rolled to a spot just between the Jedi and the cyborg.
One of the armed patrons took the opportunity to shoot at her, hitting her pauldron, spurring the rest to open-fire. Within mere seconds, the cantina was filled with the sounds of blaster bolts whizzing through the air as the patrons shot at anyone and anything moving, including each other.
Legs still coiled beneath her, the young Mando dove over the bar, cursing her horrid luck.
The glop grenade erupted.

Last edited:

Just Business

Now with the pair firing back and forth at one another, Mi'la felt that this was the best time to make her leave. However, this was not the best day for her. Turning onto her front, Mi'la struggled to push herself up, her eyes settling onto the two morons that were trying to lift her saber from the floor. Scowling, she attempted to pull it back to her, but again, the Force was liked a greased womp rat, and her grasp on it slipped off. With the two hunters exchanging fire behind her right now, she settled on crawling over to the weapon, and began to throw hands with the two for her lightsaber back.

"Stop that! You're going to break it!" She lamented as one of the men began smashing his cup against the pommel, earning a backhand from the Twi'lek, as the three man scuffle ensued in the back ground.

Sid Lauron

S
Takodana

The Mandalorian was quick to act, ducking under his first shot and pulling out a device he couldn't immediately identify with her left hand. His adversary then fired her next shot, reducing the table next to him to splinters. Sid didn't flinch, allowing the debris to bounce off his mechanical head. In the chaos, he quickly took note of the developing situation in the cantina. While most were fleeing the scene, a few patrons had drawn their blasters, seeming rather intent on taking out him, the Mandalorian, and their Jedi target. In the cover of the shrapnel, Sid oriented his arms in three directions, firing only a single shot each time: Left arm, 43 degrees East. Right arm, 211 degrees West. Left arm, 334 degrees North. Three of the patrons fell in rapid succession. The Duros quickly shifted his focus back to the Mandalorian, who had thrown the device she had clutched in her hand. Sid could see it now, clear as day. A glop grenade.

Sid wasted no time leaping over a fallen table to his left. The blood below his cybernetics was beginning to flow. He hadn't felt a rush like this in a while.

"Woo!" he exclaimed with a static-ridden laugh. "Better find cover, Jedi! That thing's primed to blow!"

As Sid ducked behind the table, he crouched down and prepared for the impending explosion. He shifted his vision to infrared briefly, quickly counting all the heat signatures remaining in the cantina. At least twelve seemed to be present from his vantage point. It was shaping up to be an exciting night.

The glop grenade had its intended effect. The Jedi, as far as Juno could tell from a quick peek over the bar top, was immobilized; her lightsaber, however, was still active, burning beneath the hardened foam that had spread throughout the cantina. Juno saw a small patch of the off-white composite turning black and smoking.
She was almost certain the cyborg wasn't immobilized. He’d have had the sense to take cover, and the reflexes to do it.
One thing for sure, she didn’t have the time for a protracted shootout- whatever security forces the port had would doubtlessly be on their way soon. I’ll have to make this quick. She pressed a few modules on her wrist gauntlets and the Sunstroke jet pack on her back hummed to life with a soft, low pitched thrum. Her personal deflectors coruscated for a brief moment before settling to near invisibility.
She noticed movement in her peripheral vision and glanced over. The bartender, a grizzled man with a buzzed head, was glowering at her, no doubt pissed at her for the destruction to his tavern. She stared at him soundlessly until he looked away, despite the glancing stabs of shame and guilt she felt. This wanton destruction, even for a purpose…it was not the Way. Her mother would be disappointed.
"You will be reimbursed,” she said simply. “You have my word.” She didn’t want to pay him for wrecking his bar, but it was the honorable thing to do.
The old man nodded almost resolutely without looking at her.
She fingered a cryoban grenade, sonic blaster still clutched in her other hand, activated jump mode, and leapt on top of the counter.
There had been about a dozen potential combatants still in the cantina, not counting the bartender who wasn’t cowering behind the bar so much as hiding strategically, nor counting the cyborg himself. Now there were only five, the rest having been caught in the hardened foam; two of them immediately fired on her, both shots going wide, not even striking her shields. She dropped them both with quick shots from her wrist mounted blaster.
She surveyed the room, certain the cyborg had taken cover somewhere near his previous position. Maybe behind that overturned table?
She shot the table with her sonic pistol then immediately fired her wrist blaster behind it, priming the cryoban grenade in her fist.
“Leave now, cyborg. This is your one and only warning.”

Just Business

When the grenade went off, Mi'la had one of the bar patrons atop her, her body pressed under the table, as the man and table managed to absorb most of the substance, though she was distressed to find her foot was firmly lodged against the man's chest, as she tried in vain to kick him off her. The other man was currently glued against the wall, Mi'la's lightsaber now glued into his hand, as he tried in vain to cut himself free, but the goop had his arms firmly stuck to the point that any motion on the man's part would be met with failure.

Regardless, this didn't help Mi'la in the slightest. Grunting as she kicked her trapped leg back and forth, much to the man's annoyance, she finally gave up, and decided to just remove her boots instead. Hoping the bounty hunters were too busy trying to kill one another, she remained under the table, and attempted to pry the lightsaber from the man's hand via the Force.

Given the blaster fire going on around her, she realized that if she didn't get out of here right now, she was going to be in a world of hurt. And without boots.

Sid Lauron

S
Takodana

Sid found the table he was ducked behind blown apart in his face by a sonic round. Fortunately, due to his lack of eyes, the cyborg wasn't fazed by this, getting to his feet to stand down the Mandalorian with haste. She immediately fired again, her wrist blaster this time. The Duros leaned out of the way. Close, he noted. There was no doubt of his opponent’s skill. He watched as she primed another grenade.

“Leave now, cyborg. This is your one and only warning.”

"A warning?" Sid piped up, seeming rather ammused. "Gotta say, that's a new one. Rather diplomatic of ya, stranger. Unfortunately, I'm a cowboy with a reputation to uphold. Didn't take a slug-round to the face fer backin' down."

The Duros' stance relaxed, almost as if, amongst the chaos, there was a relative calm about his current state. A fool might have thought it to be the force. In truth, Sid was simply just that determined.

"I may be a vagabond, but I don't start a gig without the intention of seein' it through. I'm as sure of that as my blood is green," Sid's eye narrowed in a rather cinematic action, preparing to spring into action. "I got a name, by the way. It ain't 'cyborg,' partner. The name's Sid. Play your hand right and it may not be the last you hear."

Last edited by a moderator:
The cyborg managed - barely and very luckily, by Juno's reckoning- to avoid the streaking blaster bolt hidden behind her sonic attack. He spoke with a casual negligence and moved with confident grace; the gunslinger had earned some measure of her grudging respect, even as she resolved to put him down.
The young Mando scowled beneath her mask. "So be it, Sid."
Her attack unfolded as a blooming flower of death. She squeezed off two rapid shots from her sonic pistol, aiming at the cyborg's chest, fully expecting him to avoid them, then swiftly holstered her pistol in order to free her hand. Now to turn up the heat.
Her fingers danced along the controls of her vambrace and a long jet of fire burst from her wrist launcher to wash over the cyborg's position. The conflagration was brief and fleeting, barely crisping the air- a smokescreen in truth, to mask the roar of her jet pack as she launched herself straight at Sid, as if a shriek-hawk knifing through the air towards its prey, one proud fist stretched in front of her.

Just Business

Seeing that the two hunters were now intent on blowing each other to kingdom come, Mi'la doubled her efforts to retrieve her lightsaber, but found it unable to shift from the man's hand despite her attempts. Grumbling to herself, she took one more look on the on going fight between the two hunters, and began a slow crawling retreat towards the back door; her saber firmly now gooped up as the emitter was struggled to even be stable now. Sadly, her weapon was seemingly destroyed now; or just not in working order for the time being.

It was more important to get out of this mess than to escape with her tool; she could always make a new one if she survived this. Keeping her head down, and having to avoid the various still sticky goop puddles, Mi'la began her 'grand' escape, trying to be aware of how badly this would go if she got caught.

Next time, she was just going to go to Ryloth like every other self respecting Twi'lek. This stuff never happened there.

Sid Lauron

S
Takodana

Two more sonic rounds came at Sid's chest. He could easily dodge them, but he got the feeling that his opponent was far more cunning then she was letting on. Sure enough, as Sid wove around the projectiles, the cyborg was facing down a jet of fire. The flames washed over the Duros, singeing the ends of his sweater. He stood his ground. Sid had gotten his face half obliterated after all. A little heat wouldn't kill him. It was what the fire was doing that concerned him far more. His adversary was now obscured by the flames, long enough to put her a step ahead of him.

As the fire dissipated, the Mandalorian's fist emerged, propelled towards the gunslinger by the thrusters on her jetpack. Any sane individual may have tried to leap out of the way, maybe even attempt to shoot the Mandalorian in vain. Sid was anything but that. Instead of running, the cyborg holstered his blasters and prepared for the incoming blow. As the warrior's fist collided with his torso, Sid felt his lower-most left rib fracture under the pressure of the impact, tearing the tissues around it. No doubt, this had caused internal bleeding. Still, the Duros held his position. In a move that would be considered by anyone to be borderline insane, he grappled the Mandalorian, using the speed she had already gained from her jetpack to hurl her over his shoulder. The cyborg may have spoke in a coherent nature, even in a way that seemed calculated at times, but this was only part of the picture. His true nature that lay below the surface was far more unhinged, a side effect of the injury that made him a cyborg in the first place.

Hitting your head is never a good thing. Sid lost most of his.

Juno didn't fight the admittedly impressive throw- jetpack roaring, she used the torque he provided to rotate in mid air with a quick twist, the gyroscopic stabilizers in her Suntroke bracing her movement. She came to a hover a few meters above the enemy bounty hunter, looking out over the ruined cantina.
Sid's maneuver worked in her favor; she had dropped the cryoban grenade in her fist when she punched him. The only thing he had accomplished was helping to clear her from it's blast radius. Already primed, the grenade exploded immediately. It would be painful, for a second, but not lethal- Sid would be immobilized until he thawed out.
"Gar ru'akaanir pirusti," she said with great feeling. He had certainly annoyed her, but she couldn't deny she had enjoyed their scuffle. The Jedi thus far had proved lacking, though she had seemed to be in a rather pitiful state. "It was a pleasure. Partner."
With her enemy frozen beneath her, she surveyed the cantina. Soft flames licked almost gently at the edge of a table. The people that still remained were cowering now, hiding where they could, and the Jedi-
!
The Jedi was trying to escape. Poorly.
"Going somewhere, Jetiise?" Juno hovered over to the crawling Jedi and dropped a pair of Mandalorian manacles next to her. "Put those on. Slowly."
When she'd done so, Juno stunned her. That's for the bottle.

Just Business

As the hunters were intent on blowing one another to kingdom come, Mi'la continued her tactical retreat, she wasn't paying any mind to what the pair were or weren't say; if this was a lovers feud, she sure as hell wasn't going to mediate it. She was nearly to the door now, as she began to rise, moving forward only to see the Mandalorian off to her side, cuffs out, and statement made.

So much for that idea.

"Well, when you put it that way, guess I don't have much of a choice...."
Mi'la let out a huff, and with great reluctance, she moved down to cuff herself, and while a brilliant plan to escape formed in her mind, she was met with utter darkness.

If she was becoming one with the Force, she was going to be livid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom