Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Slip | Valery

Shortly after the Crisis on Onderon
Valery Noble Valery Noble

The escape from the monastery was surprisingly easy; they told the Major that they needed to go to the bathroom, told the Choir that they were going to join Xeykard, told Xeykard that they were still watching the Elder One.

Then, they abandoned their commlink in the jungle, fastened their Taozin amulet a little tighter, and made their way through the jungle.

The Inquisitor had taught them a lot about tracking. The chaos of the jungle made it more difficult, but with an hour, they made it along a footpath all the way to a small clearing, at the center of which sat an X-wing. They spent a few minutes just checking it out; poking around the engines, standing on top. Eventually they settled with sitting on the ship's nose, legs dangling as they waited.

Eventually-

"Uh, hello! Master Jedi." They waved, before bringing up a second hand to signal they weren't a threat. "I was, uh, hoping you could... bring me to your Jedi friends."

Onderon
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Aryrene Aryrene

Valery rolled her shoulders and carefully approached her X-wing after a rather interesting mission. She was ready to go home and return to her family, so she wanted to leave as quickly as she could. But after stepping through some bushes and into the clearing, she realized that someone else was there, waiting for her.

Someone quite young.

Valery couldn't tell how old they were exactly, but somewhere around the age of most other Padawans. What was even more surprising was their request — they wanted to come with her to meet other Jedi.

"Greetings..." Valery began, clearly a little confused. "How did you uh, find my ship out here? And why do you want to come with me to the Jedi?"

Last edited:
"I, uh... my master..." they paused a moment. "...you probably met him. He's, uh, the big red Barabel."

They raised their hands again. "I'm not a Sith- well, I'm trying not to be, anyways. That's why."

A small panic rose in their chest. "So I just followed the tracks here. He was all, um, freaking out because- well, not freaking out. Maybe excited. Anyways, I knew there were Jedi, and I... didn't want to hang out with him anymore."

They fidgeted nervously. "Sorry, um, can we go? I don't want to stick around here, he'll be really mad if he finds me." Aryrene glanced at the X-wing. "I'm pretty small, I can fit."

Onderon
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"He was your Master?" For a moment, Valery looked a little more hesitant about being so easy and open with them. Sith were not easily trusted, and Valery had been raised in an Enclave with even more extreme views against the Dark Side. While it had changed a lot of her personality, she was still a bit careful.

But as Aryrene continued to talk, Valery could tell they were just scared, and she couldn't blame them for it.

"Alright, I'll take you with me back to Coruscant," Valery said but with her eyes dropping to their belt. "If you have any weapons, please remove them and put them somewhere to the side of the seat, so they don't end up poking me. It's a one-seater, so even if you're small, you're going to have to sit on my lap."

It wasn't going to make the journey back all that comfortable, but she'd make it work.

"Do you want to become a Jedi as well? Or were you just looking to get away from your Master and the Sith?" She then asked, before climbing up and into the cockpit. She put on her helmet, strapped in, and tapped the top of her legs, gesturing for Aryrene to sit down.

Aryrene breathed a sigh of relief. Xeykard had been right; Jedi were more likely to avoid fighting than Sith. They pulled out their lightsaber, looked at it for a moment, then tossed it over their shoulder into the grass of the clearing.

They walked across the starfighter's nose up to the cockpit and squeezed inside with the Jedi Master. Aryrene was a good few inches shorter, but they still slouched to make sure the Jedi could see out the front.

"I don't know," they admitted. "You guys seem alright though."

If they hid away from the Jedi, would the Sith be able to find them? They were struck by the weight of the decision they were making, and for a moment, it was paralyzing.

"Er- I'm Aryrene, by the way."

Onderon
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It's not a decision you have to make today," Valery assured them as she braced herself for the added weight on her lap. It was definitely a lot different than taking her 7-year-old daughter out for a ride somewhere. But once they were settled inside, the canopy slowly lowered and systems began to boot up. She fired up the engines and gently began to take them off the ground.

"You can stay at the Temple or somewhere safe until you've made up your mind," Valery then continued, now with the nose pitching up and thrusters pushing them beyond escape velocity. Soon enough, the dark vacuum and all of its stars were visible, and Valery spent just a moment looking at it.

"Er- I'm Aryrene, by the way."

Looking back at them, Valery smiled, "I'm Master Valery Noble," she introduced in turn. "We'll be reaching Coruscant soon enough, and then just stay with me, alright? I'm going to get you a room to stay and show you where to find the Cantina. I think they're making something good for dinner today."

With a grin, she pulled back the lever and took them into Hyperspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom