Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Slimy places, Slimy People (OPA Dominion of Kitarkin/Mijos)

Born standin' up and takin' back.
His hand smacked the back of his neck again, this time squashing the damned blood sucker. Eldin turned to see the old man standing on the log with one leg. Great I have ended up here in this hell hole with a nutter. Regardless, this feat of drinking tea on one leg was impressive for a mad man. “I don’t know much about Jedi or what they think”. Mostly said to himself.

He listened on, “So ya think I need to face my past. But I face it every day. Well. Every night”. He trailed off.

“I don’t sleep well”. Not unless he drinks himself into oblivion.

“How do ya make peace with things like ghosts?”, aren’t they in existence to haunt you? Isn’t that their purpose. If Eldin did not drink himself stupid he would see Jek every night, with that pain on his face just before he pulls the trigger against his own head. He had demons, he quietened them with a single shot to the temple. But Eldin did not possess Jek’s demons, Jek was his demon and that pained him greatly.

Jek was the only man in his life that was a father figure to him. And now all Eldin wants to do is get rid of him, forget him and this made him very angry with the man he once loved.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Objective III: BYOO - Work on the site of a military base
Party: Vouvry Vouvry

He was inquisitive, she liked it. It allowed her to practice the fine art of answering more complex questions. She thought on the plans for a moment, and even though they were focused on the profession of arms, the thought of a more civilized area springing up around it delighted her.

"As of right now, the main grounds will only be large enough to sustain a permanent garrison and supporting personnel along with a class size of a reinforced company. Expansion in the future will definitely be a thought." she took a long and deliberate spin as she surveyed the dreary environment before focusing her attention on him,"This planet offers a unique environment for which to train in. My forces would benefit from learning how to survive and fight in these conditions. This planet also lies on a really important hyperspace lane, one vital to trade in and out of the Rim. It would only make sense for it to be defended, yes?" she quipped playfully.

The King threw himself at the man, now only an arm's length away. His arms stretched out, and he closed them as though taking a long lost loved one into a warm embrace. He was rewarded with a face full of concrete as the man narrowly slipped his tackle.

He's fast!

The entire city seemed awake now and responsive, but Enlil was steady losing ground. As responders raced onto the scene and dropships descended from on high, he quickly found his footing again. "I've got your back!" one of them called out as he raised a weapon and took aim toward the fleeing criminal.

Tch.

It would have been typical for a Bounty Hunter or some local cop to take the praise for this job. Even if the stun bolt had hit, the King would never have felt good about it. He almost felt relief when the perp rounded a corner and evaded it at the last second.

"Cut off his escape routes," Enlil snapped.

The Judge had done all the work, and until now, not coordinated with the authorities at all. When he did catch this guy, Kitarkin was going to get an earful from him. The way that the law was handled in the Outer Rim needed to change.

This was as good a place to start as any.

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine

Tiland stood and listened, bring his leg up to stand in a half lotus, balanced comfortably on one leg with the other one crossed. He took a long sip of tea, listening to his companion. Those were good questions, hard questions. Pain, shame, and anger emanated from the man and ripped through the Force. Dangerous, yes, but necessary. Emotions had to be embraced, experienced, for them to run their course.

He waited in silence for several moments after Eldin had finished and stood, watching. A breeze rustled his beard before he slowly began to speak. "Ultimately, the process will depend on you and your own choices of how you wish to interact." He took another drink of tea. "But to make peace with ghosts? Stop fighting them. Pushing them out is only trying to change the past and they will continue to haunt you."

Tiland stopped and studied the windflow through the trees as it rippled the branches and hanging moss. "Accept them. Forgive yourself. Say farewell to the past. Stop hiding from it or numbing it."

He stopped speaking and let the quiet return to the small glade they found themselves in. "But how you do that is up to you. You must walk your path and find your own way of embracing the future. If you do not, you will be forever ruled by the past."

Party: Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

Crossing his arms and looking out over the swamp, Vouvry soon pointed at a location around a hundred meters away from them "I think you could get away with not clearing any of the vegetation and stuff if you centre it over there" he said, dealing with the business matters before returning to the conversation. The young Mirialan looked back at her "A wet mudball like this would certainly need some more life to it. Even if it's just a traveller's inn and a few merchants."

Eyeing her as she spun around, Vouvry let out a chuckle before joking "The best way to survive these environments is probably to avoid them altogether" Moving his feet about in the muck, it quickly became rather obvious that it was a tiresome task "I'm sure it could get their conditioning up and leg-day would officially be every day" he said with a sense of amusement in his otherwise serious tone.

The Mirialan threw a quick glance down to her feet and then up again, followed by a quick scan of the rest of the crew. The strain that moving about in the swamp would bring partially depended on the length of the persons legs and with that thought, it slowly dawned on him that the idea for their training might not be to move around in the muck at all "I bet you could reach some pretty crazy speeds down here if you know the surroundings well enough. I used to love racing around on my father's landspeeder as a kid." he commented, making his best guess at what kind of training she and her staff had planned.

"So" he begun, just as he started moving a few meters in the direction where he and his astromech had picked up life signs when descending towards the site. Looking out over the swamp, he wondered if any of the wildlife would be coming their way or not. Throwing a glance back at the Empress, Vouvry asked "So, will you be doing any construction work down here or are you guys dropping pre-constructed facilities from orbit?"

Vyri

V
BYOO-- street

Vyri found herself a table and a ragged cloth-- all she needed to set up a string of cards to tempt the simple folk over for a bit of fun and entertainment. The name of the game was simple. Pick a card. Put it back. Bet she could spread it out and find it in one go. If she did-- credit into the bucket! If she didn't? Hell, she'd try again. The display grew more and more extravagant the longer a person stayed, but the con was simple.

She didn't always find the card, but while she tried? The child she befriended picked the suckers pockets and skittered off with their earnings.

Worked well enough.

"Pick a card, any card," the beraggled brunet offered the crowd. She needed a shower, but her energy seemed undampened.

Girls gotta eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Born standin' up and takin' back.
Easier said than done, Eldin absently picked at some moss growing on the leg the pair perched on. He let the Jedi speak uninterrupted, mostly because he did not have any answers or smart-ass comments. He knew the Jedi was right deep down, but it only caused more questions.

Was he to blame for Jek’s death? Could he have stopped him killing himself? Probably not. Even if Eldin had prevented it that day, Jek would have been patient and done it later without Eldin present. But why did Jek do it in front of him? Was it some form of punishment? Eldin had not done anything wrong.

No, the events of that day were all about revenge and Jek got it. Achieving it had emptied him of everything and there was nothing left to live for. He was already dead inside.

“You ask too much”, it was as far as Eldin was concerned and he did not know how to begin. “Where I am supposed to begin?”.

“It is not that simple”,
he voiced raised a little starting to get frustrated with his own lack of understanding. And there was anger there too. He shook his head in defeat, acceptance that he would have to live with his past for the rest of his life.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Party: Vouvry Vouvry

She nodded at his recommendation, admiring the respect for the natural environment, something she did try to stick to as best she could,"Perhaps, this could become a regular spot to visit one day. In this Galaxy, you never know."

His next comment caused another chuckle, it did seem comical to her imagining groups of soldiers trudging through the muck. It would be a detriment if they were under fire or had to maneuver quickly. But, that was the idea of setting up a training facility here,"It would be quite a task to safely and effectively zip around on a planet such as this. Maybe we'll have some benefits come of it, maybe not. I say we'll give it a year, run the numbers at the end and see where the training has gotten those units that have been through it. If it has proved to be beneficial, we shall continue. If not, we will pull the plug on the ground but remain in orbit."

Her attention raised to the sky as he asked his last question, a knowing glimmer in her eyes,"As we speak, the Nagato should be placing the first pieces of the orbital station. Once the station is complete, operational and ready to bear forces, we will begin shipping the prefab portions to drop into place." Ki looked at him whimsically,"I have heard it is an astounding process to witness. I cannot wait!"

Party: Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

The Sakruans had it all under control - or at least so it seemed. Construction of the orbital base was well underway, they were ready to establish the base through one of the methods he mentioned and they had an idea of what to do for the coming year. "It all sounds very good" he said after having heard her share what they had in the works.

He took a step or two further out into the muck whilst doing his best to keep eye contact with her, only to stop and turn around when she mentioned the prefab constructions dropping into place being an impressive sight "I've seen it a few times before, back home. It never ceases to impress me." he said with a slight smile growing on his lips as he thought of the procedure. "Just give me a fair warning first - I don't want a house dropped on me!" he joked, doubtful about if they would even begin sending them down this day.

There was nothing left for him to contribute with in regards to the planning - but then, they had it figured out from the beginning anyways. Pointing in the direction of where he had spotted some wildlife while descending to the planet. "I'm going to have a look around, I'll be on the comms if you need anything" he said before exchanging a look with the security chief. Taking long strides, Vouvry then proceeded to make his way through the muck at a reasonable pace.

Sia

S
Sia walked briskly through the spaceport, eyes forward and shoulders back. A bit of tension sat in her frame as the crowd pooled around her. Months back with civilization, she didn't think she'd ever feel right in her skin again.

Hardly mattered though. Task in mind and bag in hand, Sia walked with purpose to the transport pad. Caedyn Arenais would be expecting her come noon tomorrow, and she was already half a day off track. Locating the artifact had taken more elbow grease than expected, the blood dripping down her forehead not withstanding. Damn sith liked keeping their stuff.

Home stretch now, she gave a sharp glance over her shoulder.

Wouldn't it suck if something came through to bust things up? Happened every time.

"Transport to Bespin," she asked worker with a mop. He jerked his thumb over his shoulder, she followed his gaze and flipped him a credit.

"Thanks."

The perp Enlil Enlil and the gang had spent their energy chasing took a sharp turn into an alley near the spaceport, only to be clotheslined at the gut by Yula’s arm.

“Ah heh heh heh.” The Zeltron stepped out of the alley, overly pleased with herself. The criminal let out a deep groan as he sunk to the ground, but Yula had her blaster trained on him. She’d been listening in on the comms while at the spaceport, content to let the King earn his stripes as a Judge, as she saw it. The Mariposa needed a bit of work done, anyhow. She’d stepped out for some street food when her wrist communicator blared to life, indicating that a wanted felon was heading her way.

“Hey golden boy, got something for you.” Her voice crackled over the comms in the most annoying, sing-songy manner. Yula would have a shit-eating grin if she hadn’t been wearing a rebreather.

He was just short of amplifying his natural pace even further when Yula came into view. Actually, he had just finished preparing his body for the transition, and the Force began to flow freely through his nervous system, across his bones, and into his bloodstream. Oxygen began to flow faster, delivering to his brain and his lungs at a rate that allowed his body to climb to new horizons of speed. Which would have been fantastic, if the perpetrator was still on his feet and fleeing.

He was not. Yula was on her feet, however, and very much in the direct line of his advance. "YU-!"

There was no time for him to even get the entirety of her relatively short name out before he drove into her like a lift into the two level shelving in a cargo bay. Everything came down, and the impact turned the world red. "Some warning would have been nice," he groaned, still seeing stars from the sudden and unforseen impact.

The King shook his head groggily, vision blurred and slowly returning as his hand clung to something soft...

He'd rolled, and landed on top of the fleeing fugitive. His hand was firmly gripping the man by the shoulder. I bet you thought I was going for some Yula fanservice. Shame on you.

"Under planetary law of the world of Kitarkin, you are under arrest," he began, then cited the section of the penal code for the record. All the while, he was staring back at Yula, who probably recovered more quickly than he had.

At least she hadn't been moving at full tilt.

"This really makes me think," Enlil said aloud, "that we need to rethink how security and law work in the Outer Rim. This ragtag justice system... needs work."

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Vyri

V
“Was it..... a queen of hearts?” Vyri flipped around card, revealing the red ink to the bulky, intimidating man.

“...No,” he answered, dead pan.

Vryi’s expression faultered, a glance down at the card given. “...How about this one?” She flipped the next one over, brandishing it hopefully.

“No.”

She flipped another. “... this one?” She shot the girl at his waist a fleeting glance, the ‘hurry up’ unspoken but well understood as the street rat leaned in and tried to pull at his credits.

His face lit up, a spark of emotion breaking up the flat expression. “Well actually- no.” Her stomach dropped at his sass.

“Chit, well-“

“You suck,” he scoffed, going to swipe up the credit he had placed down for entry to her game.

At his sudden movement, his credit purse undid, scattering across the girl’s working hands. They hit the ground in a series of tinkles, both Vryi and the thief freezing. The silence that hit the small crowd was chilling, every scoundrel from here to bastion realizing the con the two had tried to pull.

Vryi gave a weak, abashed smile. “Heh...” She flipped over the table, sending her cards and meger credits there flying into the crowd’s face. In the chaos, she ran.

Last edited by a moderator:
To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Allies: OPA

"Stand clear!" Janick shouted, prior to firing another round at the Apex Vanguard.

It appears that, between the internal hemorrhages and the injuries sustained from the destruction of a missile battery, the beast was enraged and panicking also. Yet it was still alive, and time was of the essence after the giant beast ate another forest sentry in an attempt to gain the energy to heal the hemorrhages sustained from Alyssa's spellcasting. Because of the hemorrhages, Janick saw fit to aim the Utai Panic Launcher at where the beast seemed to bleed the most. Fire at where it hurts the most, so to speak. She expected a giant spill if the shot had the effect of killing the beast, which took shelter in the foliage and was cornered as well. As a result it was blinded to its own purpose and reality, and when the lumbering beast was hit a split-second later, by a bomb that was hurled at great speeds, the explosion burst its belly open, and all manner of fluids, such as the gastric juices, and blood, burst in all directions upon the beast's death.

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Kirtartin
Aboard the Legacy
w/ Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Alexandra was in a rather jovial mood. It had been a long minute since she'd accompanied her husband on any of his missions. Being a mother of young children, and twins no less had taken all the Taanabian's energy and time.

But now that Aiden and Addison were getting to the age that being in a youngling clan at the Jedi Enclave on Svivren wasn't such a scary thing but rather exciting for the two siblings to be with other kids just like them, the Jedi Master and his older apprentice took advantage of this and set out for Kirtartin with a team to see what they could do to help the people of this very polluted Outer Rim world... and hopefully stay out of trouble as this place was known at times to be a wild one.

A green indicator light blinked on the navi-computer console and Kahne tapped the button to silence it.

"Landing is fixing to happen, hold on to your butts."

A snort sounded from the co-pilot's chair where the brunette was sitting at the flight controls.

"Really Kahne... What's the fun in that when you know I would rather hold onto yours," Alex quipped with a playful wink, then feathered the engines to take them in.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION
Recipient: Sia

Er6tw3E.png

It'd been quite some time since Caedyn Arenais had departed from the Outer Rim Territories in order to resume his service under the Order of the Silver Jedi; Formerly, he had been one of few active Jedi Knights within the Outer Rim working under the Outer Planets Alliance.

He had revitalized the Jedi Enclave of Svivren and then proceeded to connect to seven other key Jedi facilities establishing The Jedi Coalition in order to promote a little more stability across the region.

One of the contacts he had made, and fortunately been able to convince to return with him to Svivren back then was a young woman by the name of Sia, she of whom he was currently trying to contact presently via the use of holo-communication.

Sia's holo-device would go off, beeping several times in call as the Jedi Knight's transmission was coming through. Once answered, her handheld holocomm would display a miniature hologram of Caedyn standing as he was, although none of the temple around him would be shown in the transmission.

Sia

S
Sia’s quick steps faultered at the beep of her holocom, a wave of tension rippling through her gut... before fading back off.

She cleared her throat, casting a self-conscious glance around her before side-stepping into an alcove of shopping containers.

“Caedyn,” came the short greeting. No Jedi. No knight. No title. Just the holos and the smear of blood drying on her temple. One might usually find this cause for concern, but this intensity was simply Sia. The fact that she answered stated she was safe.

She gave him a grim look.

“I’m coming. I ran into some issues. I’ll be a day late. Maybe two if I can’t find a damn straight connection. — are you positive the drop off address is secure?”

Ever paranoid, the woman had not let him down yet.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION
Recipient: Sia

Er6tw3E.png

Visible relief could be seen through the holo of the Jedi Knight as his shoulders dropped in lieu of an appreciative sigh, glad to see that Sia had picked up and was still fairing well despite the nature of her task.

"My experience in the Outer Rim these days may not be what it was, but there are still a few good people out there in the Galaxy, thankfully" he replied with a firm nod.

Her contact would be waiting and watching, although there'd be no exchange between the two. Sia's goal was simply to reach the drop point and do exactly that, place the artifact discretely and then leave. Caedyn's friend within the Outer Planet Alliance would do the rest, and send word ahead when the arrangement had been concluded.

"I don't particularly like this sort of work either, but you've done a good job Sia thank you. I was worried you might not answer. How're things down there. I haven't managed to check in on Svivren in quite some time". There was always something new happening the closer one got to the Core Worlds, and for the Silver Jedi Conclave now coming into many rather significant changes, Caedyn's duties were showing no signs of slowing down.

"It's never sat well with me, having to pull away so soon after setting up the Coalition" he remarked, more out of vocal thought than any purpose of significance to her mission.

Kirtarkin

A lone figure walked through the yard, stepping over random pieces of metal and wires. Long black hair pinned back in a ponytail, a mask obscured her feature of her face and a long jacket obscured the rest of her. Some much work to do in this sector, some many polluted and ruined planets that have been forgot for countless years. Abaigeal could sense she was along, save for the small animals that call this place home. How they survived in this toxic place was beyond her.

In the distance, she could see faint lights yellow, some moving others stationary, they were the lights of a salvage operation in full motion and when the wind changed, she could faintly hear the sound of machinery. She was not here to salvage anything, or so she believed.

She held up her hand and scanned the area with the device, the readings gathering data of the toxicity in the area. A recon droid floated in the air close by, its job to take images and map the immediate area. Soil samples gathered for later investigation. By now the operation to gain initial information on such planets were down pat. Anoat was well underway for cleansing, one of many planets that required attention, it would take years before they could see the benefits of their work. Maybe they would not in their lifetime.

Already, Abaigeal had been investigating for hours, it was time for a break. Up ahead was a large portion of a ship, still intact for the best part. Not that she really knew of such thing, to her it looked old and past its prime. A frigate by the look of it, DP20 possibly. She approached and found a way inside, an opening which was possibly blown open by some form of fire damage. With no life source, or ship functionality she had to use a torch to see any further in.

It did not take long before the light beam to slide across the name of the ship printed on the wall with its registration number. The Handree.

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine

"No, it's not simple at all," Tiland answered, lowering himself back to the ground after finished his tea and then packed the rest of the supplies back into his satchel. "Nothing worth doing is ever as simple as we would like it to be." His voice was gentle and he got the sense the man did not like sitting still. Perhaps walking would help process those feelings more.

"And I ask nothing. The question is for you to ask." He would let Eldin decide what the question was. It was a question everyone had to face at some point in their lives and nobody else could force it upon them. It relied entirely on them to come to the question and the answer themselves. He set the shoulder across his shoulder, picked up the staff, and closed his eyes.

It was the pools in the Force he sought. Places of stillness where the Force grew heavily like the moss they picked through. There was one not terribly far away from the feel of it and he angled through the swamp towards that next destination. He stayed quiet, letting the Force guide his feet and steps in the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom