Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleepless in Csilla

Dezoti

D
"Ah, yeah. I guess that's true." Did she deflate? Dezoti tried to hide that fact from [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] as she dove into her coffee and drained it down. "But still no special someone?" There was a bit of hope in the question, though again the Aristocra was trying to hide it. Lo was she who gave Bella something to make fun of them over. "If you're getting more caf I'd like some, okay?"

The look of disappointment in Dezoti did not go amiss, despite her reputation for coolness Bella was by no means blind to the feelings of others; In fact, in some ways her own control was an asset in noting the subtleties others wished to disguise.

She hesitated and pouted for a moment as she considered the question, beginning her reply slowly and carefully. “I suppose they are all special in some fashion, but no, no one else.” She glanced side eyed to Zoti’s cup and held out an expectant hand for it.

“I’m getting more. And I suppose someone should teach you to be a better host.” she jibed with an arched brow.

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
Dezoti handed [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] her cup with a chuckle. "I suppose I should learn, though I don't have a teacher." Though she was certain Bella might have someone who could, if she herself didn't. The fact Bella didn't seem to have anyone? She tried to hide her smile. That'd be selfish to say the least. Instead she'd wait for her drink, idly tapping her fingers over her knees.

"Is there anything you want to do while you're here? Any places you have in mind?"

The Commodore rolled her eyes at the chuckle and reply, nodding and rising slowly as if the excuse was physically draining to hear.

“Yes, Yes. Raised a savage, you’re as uncouth as a common human you know, I doubt anyone else would have the patience to bother with you.” She glanced back over her shoulder to wink toward Zoti as she slunk off toward the source of Caf, continuing to speak as she disappeared from view momentarily. She had noted the smile, though she said nothing of it. “We need to go out, there is a fashion show you will suffer for my company, and recital from a Clavier phenom I’ve promised to visit and hear, a private affair - you don’t have to face a crowd.”

She returned and paused standing a couple of meters away with two fresh cups of hot caf with handles held together in one hand and the other resting upon her hip. She regarded Dezoti quizzically, noting her expression at the news. “.. That’s what I want to do, what are your thoughts on that?”

It was a test, of sorts; Her suspicions were already raised, but Dezoti’s response to Bella’s preferred outings would be as telling as any smile or look.

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Sometimes it's fun to be uncouth you know. Should try it sometime." Zoti teased in response, again sticking out her tongue at [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] . Though she raised a brow at the next bit. A fashion show? There was little enjoyment for the ex-commando in fashion. But.. She should probably try to find some enjoyment in it if she's going to be an Aristocra. And, of course, it meant spending time with Bella.

"You know it's not something I'd enjoy all that much. But, spending time with you might make it worth it."

“It would make me happy” she admitted in response and pursed her lips before continuing, “And, I honestly believe if you join me there you might enjoy it too.”

She stepped in again, setting Zoti’s drink before her and cocking her head to one side as she looked down on her, “What about you then, oh uncouth one,” she smirked and sipped from her drink again, then holding the warm cup in both hands before her chest, "What will make you happy over the course of my visit?”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"If it makes you happy, then of course." Dezoti smiled warmly to [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] before taking her drink, sipping at it. Though the next question wasn't one she had an answer to. What did she want to do? Unlike Bella she hadn't thought up any plans. Bella had just shown up after all. "Honestly I was planning on staying shut in, not even bothering to see the sun for a couple of days. Throw a pity party for myself. But now that you're here I'm not even sure what I want to do. I suppose I'll be leaning on you and your expertise to enjoy the time."

She stood in silence for a long pause after Dezoti stopped speaking, dwelling on her words and breathing slowly. A sweet smile spread across her lips and she nodded reassuringly. It was painful to listen to Zoti expressing such negativity, she had witnessed her friend suffering from nihilistic spells before and it had never been particularly comfortable.

That Zoti was willing to take her lead at all was a positive sign that Bella wanted to capitalise on.

“Good, I'm glad you accept that I'm in charge. It’s easier when I’m in command anyway. It’s going to be a long three days -”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"I do love it when you're in charge." Dezoti chuckled, again sipping her drink and glancing away. Three days might not be long enough, but she'd make the most of it. She patted the couch beside her, turning her attention back to [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] . "Come on, you look uncomfortable. You should sit, relax. Foods still on it's way so we have some time. Why don't we talk more about some happier things, yeah? Like how's your new position? Commodore is pretty important."

“Talk about happier things, happier than the mere existence of me in your presence?” she mocked a flustered intake of breath, jaw dropped before she released a laugh and warned Zoti, “I’ll remember that later.”

Despite an urge to simply ignore Zoti’s suggestion to sit, out of sheer stubbornness, Bella did settle back into her spot at her side, setting her caf down upon a coffee table and slouching back. “Waiting kills me, of course the new rank is excellent. And its important, but, just at moment I’m commanding a desk,”

The frustration in her voice was genuine and undisguised, rare in the presence of anyone but Dezoti, “The Sentinel was agile, deadly, fast. The further they promote me, the further I feel from the front.”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"I know the feeling." Dezoti's own smile faded as [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] continued to speak. Becoming an Aristocra removed her from any scenario where she'd wear her armor again taking down targets in black ops fashion. It was something she absolutely loved doing, protecting her people from the things that went bump in the night. Now she had a totally different battlefield to focus on.

She reached out, gently patting Bella's shoulder. "But, you're a good leader. Amazing, even with all that snark you have. I've no doubt you'll become a High Admiral soon enough." She smirked. "Maybe then you'll be on my level again."

Bella slowly turned her head toward Zoti as she finished speaking, eyes narrowed, lips held tightly together, expression every bit the simmering outrage, “On.. your level?” she repeated, a hint of cruel incredulity laced in the tone as she shifted in her posture to face Dezoti, one leg leaving the seat to balance her whilst she remained sitting with the other curled beneath her.

“I can hardly believe this; This has been your plan all along, right? String me along and then suddenly make me High Admiral?” The faux outrage was palpable. “Cushy office right here in the capital? I’d hardly even see the stars - This is low Prusde’zoti’lore, even for you.”

She shook her head slowly, looking wistfully toward the windows and continuing the act in a low, admiring tone, this girl had deadpan delivery down. “Damn you Zoti.. The longest of long games.”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
Dezoti had a mock look of horror the entire time [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] was speaking, seeming to grow more and more distressed with every word. Of course, she knew better then to buy into Bella's anger. Zoti didn't want to be an Aristocra after all. But there was nothing like seeing Bella show emotion, and by the end of it she couldn't help but giggle, hiding her face behind her drink.

Until she couldn't hold back the laughter anymore.

She burst into laughter, doubling over to hold her stomach with an arm as she tried her best to counter and keep it going, though the laughter certainly made it difficult. "Yes! My long game!" That was about it that she could get out as she continued to laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom