Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleepless in Csilla

Dezoti

D
It's been months since the ball. Where House Lore was made officially a Ruling House. And where Prusde'Zoti'Lore was named Aristocra of her family. Life had changed, drastically, for the ex-Commando. No longer was she on the front lines in armor battling the Chiss enemies in secret to keep them safe. Instead, she was in dresses, fighting with words instead of blasters.

And she wasn't very good at it.

There was only one relief, one thing she could count on. [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] , her best friend. Closest friend. They had served together, learned in the academy together. Even spent many sleepless nights together. But friendship was as far as their relationship could go as they had learned. They were drastically different, no matter how much they cared for each other. And Dezoti's life was one of death and ruin, where at any point she could of winded up dead.

It was a life she didn't want to put Bella through.

But still, they were friends. Close allies. Finally Dezoti had time off, which had her lounging with a cup of caf in her living room, wondering what Bella was up to.

Whilst the construction continued on fleet assets that would eventually fall under Bella’s command there was little for the Commodore to do but focus on the endless burdens and duties of fleet logistics. Commanding a desk had never really been a task Bella had relished and if fortune was kind she hoped that she might be free from the static posting in the coming week; In the meantime, Bella was determined to make the most of her time tied to Csilla and the 3rd Fleet Hierarchy stationed there.

On active duty aboard her own command ship, days and nights tended to lose relevance, replaced by shift patterns. Her quarters had felt like home. Free time was spent amongst her crew rather than out amongst new faces of the general public. Communication with friends was a holographic communication across intelligence monitored channels.

Life in close orbit to the Chiss capital offered a whole host of alternative arrangements and the freedom to take more personal time.

Despite this opportunity, it was fair to say that Vhirr’bel’laminis craved an end to the inactivity and a return to duty in the void. It just so happened that Bella wasn’t the only everyday Chiss hero to be feeling the itch to escape to duty so keenly.

The transmission was connected almost immediately, a distinctly unkempt image of her friend Zoti appeared and Bella made a point of rolling her eyes overly dramatically, as if thoroughly disapproving.

Zoti, did I catch you at a bad time?” Bella asked with a smirk toward the image of her friend before her attention turned back to controlling the shuttle descent, “I’m done with my hard work for the day, and you look like you’ve been really busy, I’ll be with you in five.”

There was no request, no looking for an invitation; If Prusde’zoti’lore didn’t want the visit it was her place to speak up.

"I'll have what ever you're having."

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Wha- this is a private line I don't know who you are to ge-" Prusde'Zoti'Lore had started to go on a tangent as soon as her com was opened. No one was suppose to have access to it. But as soon as [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] 's image came up on the holocall she could only shake her head and laugh. Of course it was Bella. No one else would have had the gall to try and contact her like this.

"I'll make sure the pots on for you then, Bella. But don't expect me to dress up for you. It's my day off, first one in a long time." She stuck out her tongue. Very unprofessional, but that was the relationship between Bella and Zoti. There was no reason for them to be proper around one another, though that never stopped Bella. She clicked off the com and got up from her lounging to restart the pot she had just finished off. Bella was always punctual.

“- Private line. Hah. Should I call back during business hours?” She returned Zoti’s rude gesture and continued, “No don’t worry about getting dressed up for me, I see you’re already giving up on civilian life as it is. See you soon.”

The call cut out and Bella let out a sigh to herself, lips pursing as she considered her friend's mood. It was fair to say that Bella had been more than a little concerned for Prusde’zoti’lore of late, the change in her social status was not something the Zoti she had grown up around had sought or would care for.

Bella had a problem with boundaries, or to be more precise, she had a problem with observing boundaries from time to time; No sooner had Dezoti welcomed her to her home and hugged her greeting then Bella moved on past her and into the living space, glancing around keen red eyes and looking toward Zoti again with a sympathetic smile that bordered on pitying.

“I love what you’ve done with the place Aristocra. It’s Barracks-chic, right?” she offered in a sweet, affectionate tone that nonetheless betrayed the truth of what she meant.

I love you Zoti, but you need to start to live like a person rather than a serial number.

“You can leave the drink next to your comfiest seat, I’ll be back in 5 minutes. If I’m not, come in after me.” And with that, she took a theatrically exaggerated deep breath and wandered into Prusde’zoti’lore’s bedroom, closing the door behind her.

In a little less than 5 minutes, Bella reemerged, uniform neatly folded over one arm, shoes in hand and hair let down, in place of her duty uniform she had foraged a similar selection of casual wear from Zoti's wardrobe.

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Haven't you heard? Soldier life is all the craze these days." She mumbled, trying to be sarcastic in her response though it sounded more like a somber admission of guilt. Dezoti knew exactly what [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] was saying, and she was the only person in the galaxy the Aristocra would willingly show uncertainty to. That was the level of trust Bella had earned. To her request the ex-commando prepared the drink just as Bella always preferred and set it by the comfiest seat, where Zoti had been sitting, and plopped down by it, cradling her cup.

When Bella came out she had to stop herself from laughing. "Mm. Barracks-chic looks good on you."

She smirked in response, raising her arms a little and turning on the spot to give Zoti the whole effect of her ensemble look, glancing back over her shoulder to raise a single coy brow before breaking into a wide smile.

“Everything looks good on me, darling.” she stated with a certainty only matched by the supremely confident or the supremely vain; Both were titles Bella might have competed for at one time or another. That didn’t stop it being true.

Bella lowered herself onto the seat near Zoti and snatched up her drink, her own drink in a similar style to her friend and closing her eyes. She took a long deep breath and inhaling through her nose and exhaling with a soft sigh. Her head lolled to one side toward Zoti and those crimson orbs fluttered open to regard the other Chiss, lips upturned at the corners. “Thanks.. This is perfect.”

It wasn’t explicit if it was the drink, the atmosphere or the company that she referred to, perhaps none of them at all.

“I preferred your hair lighter. Like you had it at the ball.” she stated idly, “You looked lovely, by the way. Did I mention that before? I’m afraid I might have been busy being aloof at the time.”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Ha, don't I know it." Zoti chuckled. [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] was indeed both to the Aristocra, but she wouldn't have it any other way. It was Bella's confidence that fed Dezoti's own and made her the woman she was today. She watched her friend curiously, mostly taking in the fact that she seemed to finally be relaxing. Being a Commodore was a full time gig and then some, it's why Zoti never bothered to progress more then a captain.

That, and she preferred to be with her family, her squad. Though, most of them were gone now. For a brief moment a sad smile took over her features as she glanced away, thinking about the lives that had been lost before her ascension to the head of her house. It was Bella speaking that brought her out of it.

"Ah? Yeah. I do too. Though, it's not a permanent look. Black has always been my natural hair color." Another chuckle. "I suppose I can forgive your aloofness, just this once."

“It wasn’t our night, you know, not our place to take any of the light from the new world order.” Bella replied, her tone matter-of-fact and easy, her honesty was often both a blessing and a curse to her friends. “Grandfather was, of course, unhappy with the elevation of your house so swiftly, but overall we were content with the changes at hand. But you know my people, wouldn’t do to impinge upon the fortunes of others.”

She let her thought tail off as she glanced back to Zoti and sipped at the warm caf, then shifted in the seat to bring her legs up beneath her.

“I’m staying, by the way; So if at any point you want to go to bed and are politely waiting for me to go away, thats not happening. I have three days of leave to take. Do you do a breakfast?”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"True, true. Probably best we kept apart that night. Last thing I want is to give something for your Grandfather to be even more upset with." [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] 's honesty had a tendency to be grating, but it was one of the things Zoti truly appreciated about Bella. There was nothing fake about their time together. Zoti settled into her seat, pulling her legs up below her similar to how Bella was seated, laughing.

"That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Did you at least bring a change of clothes?" She didn't bother answering about the breakfast. If there was anything that Zoti was good at in their relationship it was her skill with food.

“Of course not,” Bella grinned in response, “I do however, have an Adjutant, She has been granted the responsibility for arranging delivery of my wardrobe for tomorrow. I have every faith in her ability to do so.”

Bella gave Dezoti a pointed look and glanced around her rooms, “Do you have anyone yet?”

Despite her new status as an Aristocra, Zoti was living almost as humbly as when they had lodged together at the Academy. Things would need to change, Zoti would need to adjust to her new status and comply with at least some of the expectations that her new life necessitated.

“I know you don’t like this, I can see it in your eyes,” Bella confided, reaching out with a free hand to take Dezoti’s, squeezing her fingers softly and lingering there “I want you to know, I think you will excel at it, Zoti.”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Of course not indeed." Dezoti chuckled as she took a sup of her caf now that it had cooled some. A sip, that was almost spit up at [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] 's next question. She gulped down the sip as she tried not to cough, setting the cup down on the table. "I, what? No! I, well. There was one at the ball, but that didn't lead anywhere. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to date, or anything." She mumbled, suddenly feeling small.

Zoti was so unsure on what was okay to do and what wasn't with her new station in life. So when Bella took her hand and told her that she would excel, she couldn't keep it together. "I.. I don't know what I'm doing Bella. I'm so alone.. So many of my squad are dead or busy, and I can't be with them." Zoti curled up even smaller, hugging her knees to her chest as she closed her eyes.

By Dezoti’s reaction, her friend was sure that she had been thoroughly misinterpreted. Bella stifled a laugh and covering her mouth as the colour of her cheeks darkened. Still, it helped to know exactly were Zoti’s mind was at that moment.

“Date? Zoti please. I know you are rough around the edges but I wasn’t asking you do date the hired help! I meant, have you hired anyone to help you yet, you’re a damned Aristocra, you shall certainly need a staff of some sort.”

She reached out to take a hold of Zoti’s fingers in hers and gave her a reassuring squeeze “Of course you have no idea what you’re doing, honey. You’ve spent the best part of your life avoiding this stuff, deliberately, I might add. And you needn’t be alone.”

She shimmied closer along and pulled Zoti closer wrapping an arm around her shoulder, “You have me, You have your family, you could date whoever you desire I suspect..”

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Y- wait. Hired help?" Dezoti immediately flustered once she realized what [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] meant. Of course she meant hired help. People to serve. Not an actual date. She shrank even smaller, if that was even possible, hiding her now beat red cheeks in her knees. She didn't even lift her head when Bella scooted closer, though she did squeeze her friend's hand in response.

"I don't know my family. You're all I have left." The words were muffled into her legs, but said them anyway, leaning into Bella's embrace.

[SIZE=11pt]The continued distress displayed by her oldest friend gave Bella pause, the apparent certainty of her words left a familiar hollowness in Vhirr’bel’laminis as the words sank in. All I have left. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]What had occurred between the Commandos to make that true, was it simply the change in Zoti’s social status or had some pitch black operation stolen her foster-family of comrades from her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]In her mind’s eye, Bella watched the cruiser ‘Gilded Warden’ disappear once again, a deep dive into the heart of the Killik fleet. The sound of his last message crackling over the communication system as he disregarded her order to make distance and break out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She swallowed and blinked back any trace of sadness she might betray before looking down at Zoti’s bowed head, “Okay, you have me. And opportunity.” she murmured squeezing her tightly and pressing a lingering kiss into Prusde’zoti’lore’s hair. “You are the most -Badass[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], dangerous, hero I know. And I need you to accept that.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Bella was never one to be naturally comforting, it took a special relationship to bring out anything near the patience she was willing to show.[/SIZE]

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
Dezoti leaned into [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] 's embrace further, forcing out a laugh. "Yeah, I guess I am." She muttered, finally pulling her head from her lap. Hearing Bella be kind was certainly a rare treat, but more importantly she knew just how hard it was for her friend to be comforting. The last thing Zoti wanted to do was put Bella into an awkward position. So she smiled, setting a hand on Bella's knee and squeezing gently.

"I'll make some dinner. What are you thinking?" She quickly changed the subject. She'd rather focus on something simple then all of her problems any longer.

[SIZE=10.5pt]“You are,” she nodded reaffirming her previous statement and patting Zoti’s hand upon her knee and nodding to herself. “It just takes a gorgeous, wildly overqualified genius like me to see through the Zoti cloud.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The standard confidence reasserted itself and she smiled warmly, holding up a hand to stop her friend from continuing, “Please, I didn’t come here to be poisoned by special ops, I’m thinking we order something - from somewhere, not the rationpack shrine that I assume is somewhere in your kitchen.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Your treat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So, the[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] one[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] at the Ball. Did that go somewhere?”[/SIZE]

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"Overconfident, probably." Dezoti stuck out her tongue to [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] , though that quickly retreated once Bella stopped her from going to the kitchen. Right, Bella had standards. More then Zoti certainly did. She nodded a bit, instead heading to the phone to order in some oriental take out. She had just picked up the device when Bella's next question had her frozen where she stood.

"I, uh.. No. Not far at least. I've been too blessed by another to really feel something for someone else." She let her gaze linger on Bella before she flipped the phone open make the order.

A silent smirking shrug was Bella's only response to the return jibe from Dezoti, raising a brow and watching her head for the device. Her smile only widened in satisfaction as her question brought Zoti to a standstill once again.

The grin narrowed to a pout as Dezoti replied in the negative, matching her gaze until the other turned away to call. Bella sat back in her seat and let her eyes drop to her nails for a moment before glancing back to her host once more.

"Another doesn't deserve it," she argued, softly, as Dezoti put the device back down after ordering for them. "You should set your sights higher than that. As I recall, you were miserable then."

She stood at that and moved to refill her drink, arching a stiffness from her spine as she arose.

[member="Dezoti"]

Dezoti

D
"There was as much good as there was bad, I admit." Dezoti flipped closed the phone, not glancing over her shoulder to [member="Vhirr’bel'laminis"] as she spoke. "But, after all this loss.. I think I know what I want." She finally turned, shrugging before she made her way back to her seat, curling on the sofa to idly sip her caf again. It would at least be another thirty minutes until the food would arrive. Zoti turned her gaze from the drink to Bella, smirking.

"But, what about you? You find anyone?"

Her gaze tracked Zoti as she returned to curl up at Bella's side once again, trying to read the expression for honesty or amusement,

And what do you want? the question was left unasked, hesitant to hear the answer. Instead she shrugged an answer to Dezoti's return of her question.

"Oh, I get what I need, that's never been my problem." she replied, a halfhearted smile in response, but there was no true boast there. Anyone wasn't a challenge. The correct Anyone of appropriate status to her was less successful. "It's the Uniform and the Rank, it's hardly a challenge."

[member="Dezoti"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom