Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Slammer, Kamikaze-Class Strarfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
mark-nicolino-sheet04.jpg
mark-nicolino-podopen05a.gif

mark-nicolino-podopen05.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To make a breach capable starfighter for The Brotherhood of the Maw and for sale to other Factions.
  • Image Source: [X]
  • Canon Link: NA
  • Permissions: NA
  • Primary Source: NA
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • The best Offense is a Good Defense - The Slammer is is built with a Plasma shield that when fired up encase the outer shell of the ship. The Plasma shield is burns hot and can cut through solid matter. With double front system that can push the plasma shielding to the front of a ship as it slams into another ship.
  • Breach Hatch - The Nose of the ship has a breach Hatch the flowers outward when triggered allowing the pilot to enter or exit the ship. If it slams through the hull of a bigger ship this is how the pilot exits to infiltrate the ship.
  • Need For Speed - Another Measure for protecting itself is it's incredible speed vastly surpassing most starfighters. Allowing them to escape sticky situations quickly.
  • Stealth - The Slammer has minor stealth capabilities whisper thrust which makes there engines run quieter and Sensor Jammers that can hide them some what from automated targeting technology. They are still visible to visual scans the minor stealth is just an extra defense.
WEAKNESSES
  • Awkward Piloting - You lay on your back to pilot the Slammer meaning only the most experienced of pilots will be competent.
  • Weaponless - If your defenses failed you are good as dead this thing has no weapons as it relies on it's defenses heavily to do it's job.
  • No Escape - Unlike most fighters the cockpit has an capable and competent escape system if all else fails, However int he slammer the only escape is out the front of the ship with forward momentum will near instantly kill a pilot.
  • Over Cooked - A pilot in this device due to the plasma shielding and rocket assist engine will be feeling the heat inside the cockpit. On top of that they are near fuel for the rocket assist if struck there is no survival. It's an oven meant for short excursions not p[prolonged dogfights.
  • Very Basic Stealth - The downside to sensor jammers it makes it make a ship unable to be tracked even by it's allies. It also doesn't protect from a standard visual scan. The thrusters only make it marginally quieter so one can get closer before it can be heard. The ship isn't cloaked in this state so any visual scan could find it.
DESCRIPTION
The Slammer is designed for one purpose and that is to breach star ships or buildings. It basically like encasing a soldier in missile housing and firing them at a target and hoping they hit it. The are general deployed in squads of four as an infiltration team. Weather it be a fortress or star destroyer the Plasma shielding can be shifted to the front fully to cut through hull or walls to gain entry.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

Totally love it! Very nicely made sub! However I have one recommendation. The Phrik is a rare and expensive material, not really fit to the mass-production subs. So I recommend to delete from your list. Of course, if you want you can keep it, this is not a mandatory thing from me, just a recommenation.

MANIAC MANIAC

I removed it was originally meant to be at the tip of the of beak on the front of the ship as it was a substance hard enough to push through most other metals but I switched to using the Plasma shielding and just didn't think about removing it.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Slammer, Kamikaze-Class Strarfighter
Link to Submission: Here
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Update Affiliations

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Swarm Droid
Link to Submission: Here
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Update Affiliations

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

While I am wary with mass produced and stealth tech in the same thing. I can trust Ingrids original judgement but please add to the weaknesses something pertaining to the stealth. You have it in the strength laying out limitations so that can easily be moved or copied.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

I added something about the stealth.

I just want to note something for people to think about when it comes to "stealth" though- I used a very basic stealth system that is on most fighters and ships in the Galaxy. The reason they have them is because if not ships could be detected billions of kilometers away even with rudimentary heat and energy tech we have int he modern world today. We can can detect the Voyager space craft that is 1.78 m across with a radio telescope on earth and it is 24 billion kilometers away. I know star wars isn't realistic but if they were with out any form of jamming tech they wouldn't even get close to another ship as most lack hyper drives rendering them useless. Just an interesting thing a picked up awhile back on some science channel on youtube. lol

Cloaking tech is a whole different bag though when it comes to stealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom