Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Skyline

Luckily the little confrontation managed to slip past Sam as she was busy reading the label on the beer bottle. She did look up when he moved, but she relaxed when she saw he was simply adjusting his seat. His worries about her advances made her snicker, but she thankfully stopped and kept her feet to herself. Though as the conversation got more and more serious, her demeanor started to shift. "Fat chance at that. Look, I don't want to grow into some old and useless lady with her body falling apart and needing to rely on everyone else. The day I decide I'm getting too old for my taste, I'm going out my way." she said rather seriously as she eyed him. "And neither do I wanna live forever. I've seen enough of what this galaxy has to offer and I can tell you with confidence that death isn't so bad compared to what's out there for people like me." It was a very morbid and very -arguably- ignorant view to have, but Matt knew that getting her to change her mind wasn't going to be easy.

Her harsh tone and rising voice was drawing attention, including the couple from before. But this time she was noticing. She glanced around them and her eyes met with the couple. "What? You lost something here, buddy?" she snapped at them, making sure they averted their gaze. "Thought so." she quipped as she turned to face Matt again. She took a deep breath and downed her beer.

Thankfully their meals arrived and the burger was placed in front of her. "I'll have a refill." she said as she pressed the empty bottle into the man's chest. Her ruined mood prevented her from smelling the sweet and delicious smell of the burger. She popped a few fries into her mouth and took hold of the burger. Juices dripped from the contents as she squeezed the buns to hold the filling in place. Her mouth opened wide and her lips enveloped a part of the burger before her teeth sliced through the bite with a satisfying soft crunch. She froze up as she looked down in shock. Slowly she chewed the bite and savoured the rich, sweet and tangy taste of the sauces mixed with the barbequed Nerf patty and wonderful blend of other flavours all mixed in. Almost light-headed from the sudden shift in mood, she took a second to make sure she was mentally fine before slowly taking another bite. She glanced up at Matt for a quick second but didn't maintain her gaze as she looked back to the burger.

Bite by bite the burger became smaller and Sam made sure to carefully coat the chips in the sauces dripping down now and then. By the time she was done, she had a rather childish smile on her lips. She then worked through the chips, making sure to scoop up sauce from her plate. Eventually her meal was done and she washed it all down by taking a few big swigs of her beer. "Holy kark that was good!" she proclaimed rather loudly. She glanced around then back to him. "Dude!" she said with her mouth still open as if wanting to say something. But nothing came from her. She simply finished off her beer and sat back. "We're coming here more often. This is probably the best food I've ever tasted, certainly on this dump of a planet." she said as she pointed at the plate. "Kark that, I'm getting another one." she said as she waved over a waiter. "Yo, get me another one." she ordered as she held him the plate and empty bottle.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

Taking a sip of water, Mathieu listened as she spoke of her view on life, It was truly quite disheartening to hear how negative it was and what's worse is that she did have a rather compelling point. At least it sounded more reasonable when she said it. His chewing slowed down until he finally swallowed and looked up at her "Well" he said with a defeated voice. Although he tried to cheer up, the Morellian ultimately failed and maintained a downbeaten voice as he continued "But at least there's us" the faint smile he carried faded slightly as he picked up the glass for another sip.

While first feeling a little ashamed of how his date was handling the other couple and letting his head sink whilst letting his gaze fixate on the table, Mathieu soon decided that there was no way that he was going to let her stand alone. Soon enough, his gaze went up and an utterly annoyed stare bore into the gentleman whilst one hand held the table tight, as if ready to push off of it to get up at any moment. His efforts probably weren't needed since Sammy was more than capable of handling them alone, but he would have her back in any case.

Soon, the food arrived and what was to follow would forever be imprinted on his mind. The immense and seemingly intense pleasure and enjoyment she displayed was on epic proportions. Mathieu chuckled quietly for himself while she ate, wondering if he could even come close to granting her that amount of pleasure. Taking a bite from the porg, he let out another long "mm" also enjoying the food, but not quite as much as her.

Soon, she ordered a second round, and being a rather industrious eater himself, Mathieu joined in "And I'll have the bantha steak, please" The waiter could barely hide the surprise on his face as the couple ordered a second round, but he was relatively good at maintaining a non-phased facade and soon disappeared off into the kitchen to deliver the order.

"I know a few more places similar to this one" he said and added "But this is one of the best ones" Swallowing, still having the sensational porg taste in his mouth, he continued "The Bantha steak is one of my favourites, if you'd like to, we could have a little exchange once this next round arrives" Obviously eager to let her try some of it. Suddenly, the Mercenary felt a bit of seemingly unprovoked pain at his side. Managing to keep himself from grimacing, he started rising to his feet "One moment, I'll just head to the restroom for a bit" With that, he excused himself, keeping an eye on the hostile couple while moving to the bathroom.

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

Sam couldn't help but give a sigh and a small smile at his words. "At least there's us. The only pleasant constant I've had in my life for a while." she said softly to him. For all her grim outlooks, there was one bright beam she could admit to and that was what she felt for him.

Soon their seconds came and she started eating her chips again. "I'll be honest. Sex is great and all...but this is just something else." she said to him before stuffing her mouth with chips once again. He suggested trading bites and she gave a nod. "Sure thing!" she said after swallowing the food, taking his cutlery to cut off a piece of her burger and hand him the fork. Once he ate the bite, she would wait for him to cut off a piece of steak for her. "This is now our place, plain and simple. Any special occasions or moody days, we come here. Done deal." she declared to him with a shrug.

But the cheerful mood got put on hold when he suddenly excused himself. Sam didn't suspect a thing, however she did think of other stuff. "Just ask if you need any help in there." she quipped with a sultry voice. She looked back at the couple and glared at them. "Yeah our relationship is still very much active, don't look so jealous. Not my fault you went for a flacid like your sugar daddy you got there." she said with a harsh voice before returning to her burger. She glanced at Matt's plate and got an idea. Since he wasn't around, she could quickly swipe another bite of his steak as well as a few chips before continuing with her burger like nothing happened. Once again, she was lost in the overwhelming flavour as she devoured it.

However in the back of her mind, Sam's paranoid side was getting the better of her. Halfway through her burger she glanced at the direction of the restrooms. She put down her burger, wiped her mouth and hands off, and got up. She got to the men's room and gave a knock. "Matt? You okay?" she asked with a concerned voice. He probably did just need to use the bathroom, but she would rather be embarrassed for bothering him halfway into a dump than have him struggle with something...

Letting out a chuckle whilst shaking his head, Mathieu soon looked up at her and then towards the kitchen. "Well then, I better go have a word with the chef. Make sure that he doesn't make any moves on you" he joked before continuing to eat.

It was sweet of her to prepare a good fork's worth of burger for him to eat, and he soon came to understand why she seemed to like it so much. The Morellian went completely silent whilst eating it and simply enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Finally finished, he looked up at her "The boys recommended the porg - they don't know what they were missing out on" he said, now that he had tasted both dishes. Without further ado, Mathieu started preparing his own fork, loading his own food onto it and then stretching it out for her to have it.

Her proposal was a sound one - this was a good restaurant located on Coruscant which wasn't all too uncommon of a place to visit. Nodding, he echoed her words "It's a deal. How many arms do you think we'd have to twist to truly make this place ours though?" he asked jokingly - although, admittedly bordering on being serious. It was rare to see her this happy in public and he wanted more of it.

It was not long before Mathieu was in the bathroom with a hand holding his side and letting out a pained grunt as the pain refused to subside. Not long after, did he hear Sammy just outside. A 'normal' girl might have just remained seated - but not her. She could be relied upon in a whole different way. Not answering for both one and two moments, the Mercenary eventually summoned the must unaffected voice he could "Yeah" before continuing trying to fight the pain.

After a bit, is finally started to dissipate - but it was clear that something might not be quite as he had hoped. Still, he wiped some sweat off of his pan and walked back out, only to find his food at a somewhat reduced size. Trying to pretend as if nothing had happened - similar to how someone who had just taken a dump might behave he joked while seating himself "I was shot. I'm not blind, you know." His fork pointed at where there had been food before he left. A mischievous smile spread across his lips "I think you owe me something" he said, trailing off with his eyes fixed onto hers.

For a good long moment there was no sound. But then she finally got an answer, albeit a rather poor one. When he emerged Sam stood in front of the door with folded arms, giving him a long look. "If you say so." she said with a glare in her eye. The hard look dissipated and she led the way to the table once more. She noted that the couple across them were missing. Sam chalked it up to them finally leaving and sat down, though unfortunately for her Matt spotted the missing bite of steak.

She curled her lips in as she stared off through the window, but quietly pushed her plate towards him to take a bite as she nursed her beer for a bit. "Figured I better take a few bites before it cools down." she quipped with a smirk as she looked back at him. Though the light mood sank when the couple returned...with a man in a suit beside them. The tag on his chest indicated who they were about to deal with...

"Really? You called the manager?" Sam asked the couple with a scoff. "These patrons told me that you two are behaving very...rudely...towards them and other patrons." the man started, looking at her and Matt. Sam took a long swig of her beer before turning her body to eye the three of them. "Oh are we now? And do, pray-tell, explain to me who these 'other patrons' are? You, your ego and your stretch marks?" she quipped with an annoyed tone as she leaned back, crossed one leg over the other and rested her hands on her sides. "Because you two were the only karking nosey idiots who kept spying on us." she continued to berate them calmly. Naturally the couple didn't take too kindly to this. "I beg your pardon?" the woman started. "You see what I mean? She's utterly barbaric." she spoke obnoxiously loud as she glanced between Sam, the manager and Matt. "Not to mention risque, rubbing her boyfriend up in public like the place is a bordello." she continued, eyeing Sam who was now getting more annoyed. Her date opened his mouth to speak, clearly uncomfortable with the situation, but she spoke over him. "I demand you chase these tramps out at once or else we'll never come back here. I will also personally tell my friends to ruin the reputation." she demanded, to which Sam started laughing heartily.

The manager glanced at them all and was quiet for several seconds. "I'm afraid behavior like this isn't permitted in this establishment. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." he said with a gentle tone. Sam glanced at Matt and smirked. "We going with the 'me' approach or 'you' approach?" she asked him with a snicker.

He eyed her food, knew that it tasted well and really wouldn't mind having a bite of it. But no, she was enjoying this way too much for him to rob her of a precious bite. Mathieu shook his head and pushed the plate back. "You'll have to pay me back in another way" he said with a mischievous smile spreading across his face.

Soon enough, the bothersome couple returned with a manager and a three-way sparring match was soon initiated. Mathieu stood up, his eyes bouncing between the two strangers and Sammy as they spoke. He let out a low and amused "Ouch", waving his hand about as if it just burned after Sammy's verbal jab against the obnoxious lady. Both himself and the gentleman who was unfortunate enough to be the lady's partner were quiet. Slowly but surely, Mathieu started to approach him. And patted him on the back with quite a bit more force than called for, obviously quite annoyed. "Battle of the giants, eh?" he commented, pretending as if they were in a separate conversation whilst the storm raged on in the horizon.

With a sly grin, Mathieu put his arm on top of the gentleman's shoulders and applied a little downwards pressure which in addition to the weight of his limb made the man strain under the pressure. When the manager asked them to leave, Mathieu added a little more weight to the gentleman before completely removing his arm. With a gentle pat to his back, the Morellian asked "What about you then. Do you also think we should leave?" while his tone was friendly, his hand lingered by the man's back, indicating that he was listening to every single word. Swallowing hard, the gentlemen looked to his partner and let out a careful "Uhm, well, maybe we should try to, uhm, you know..." he spoke but was soon shot by an angry stare from the lady who quickly took over "Sir, we all commend you for keeping the peace. I will be sure to let my friends know that this establishments takes its customers seriously"

While the lady and manager professed their newfound respect for each other, Mathieu walked back to Sammy "We still wanna eat here in the future, right?" he asked, and knowing that she enjoyed the food, he continued "This time, we can't do a 'you' or 'me' approach. We have to do both - an 'us' approach" A cheesy smile spread across his face as he spoke up, looking to the manager "Excuse me, can we have a chat in private please?" Eyeing the Mercenary suspiciously and then his date, the Manager seemed sceptical. Raising his tone a notch, Mathieu spoke again "Come on, guy!" upon which the manager realised that he might just be able to avoid having an even greater scene with even more people involved. Reluctantly, he showed them the way to a brightly lit small office next to the kitchen. Paper and datapads laid spread on the central desk and on whatever shelves were there. While the restaurant looked impeccable, the office certainly did not.

It was not a big room, perhaps just 3x4 meters in length and width. As soon as the door closed behind them, the large Mercenary's arm shot out, grabbing the manager by the throat and forcefully pushing in to a wall. With a dunking sound, the manager smashed against the wall with Mathieu's vice-like grip making it utterly hard for him to talk. A few faint 'sir' and 'release' sounds could be heard, barely escaping his mouth, but that soon turned into coughing and gasping as his hands went up to claw at Mathieu's hand. He looked to Sammy - the talking and threatening part was her field - hopefully, she would be able to work out a nice deal with the manager, now that he no longer had a position of power and authority. Especially now that the obnoxious couple from before weren't present.

Sam looked up at Matt and remained quiet to see what he was getting at. "What are you planning...?" she trailed off as he asked the manager to speak in private. Matt managed to convince him rather easily and soon the both of them were heading off to the tiny office. She was startled, however, when Matt hurled the guy against the wall and choked him out. The action itself wasn't what bothered her -sort of- but rather the fact that Matt was being way too lively. "Hey, hey!" she spoke up, pressing herself between Matt and the manager. "I ain't stitching you up if you tear that wound. Sit down and let me handle this." she ordered him before turning to the manager. "Now, let's get this out of the way..." she started, drawing a pistol and levelling it with the man's head. "He's the sensible one. I'm the one that pops your ass when I get annoyed." she spoke calmly as she looked him in the eye past her sights.

"So when I say I like something, you can be damn sure I mean it. And I really, really like the food here. So lemme ask you this..." she closed the distance and pressed the barrel of her pistol up against the man's chin as she looked up at him. "Do I look like I'm about to leave my absolute favourite restaurant just because some pathetic excuse for target practice outside doesn't like it when I don't act like a damn surface-snob?" she asked him with a raised eyebrow. He shook his head slightly as he tried to back more into the wall. "Correct. Now, I can confidently say that I probably spent more than them and I know of a lot of people that will die to taste the food of this place. So here's how it's gonna go down. I'm going out there, I'm going to finish my orgasmic burger and beer together with my boyfriend and then I'm going to order another burger and fries for on the go and then I'm going to tell all my good friends that won't burn the place down to come eat here because it's worth every credit to make the trip." she explained coldly, closing the distance more and slightly pulling the trigger.

She finally stepped back and lowered her gun. "Is that fine with you or would you like it if we leave this place and take our ridiculous amount of credits somewhere else?" she asked him, tapping the barrel of her gun against her leg. "After...careful consideration...you're welcome to stay and enjoy your meal." he finally managed to say with a worried smile.

He approached the door and opened it for them. "Please, enjoy your meals." he said to them with a shaky voice. Sam looked at Matt and nodded her head to the door. "Come on." she said with a happy smile and holding out her arm for him to help him walk.

Glancing down at her, Mathieu was surprised that her attention was directed to him rather than the manager. "Sammy, I'm not the one who needs convincing" he thought before she revealed her intents in turning to him. Grumbling, his tight grip around the manager's throat grew even tighter before letting go of him completely and backing down. Gasping and coughing to catch his breath, the poor guy was soon faced by a new source of fear as Sammy turned to him, using a much more deadly threat.

Calmly and a little wearily, the Morellian sat down on the desk behind them, looking on as Sammy got to work. Admiring her way of coercing the man, a soft smile formed on his lips. In truth, he didn't want to have her do this - but the situation did indeed call for it and this was, after all, who they were. Perhaps, if they had worked in some Coruscanti office, would they have been able to spar with the obnoxious lady outside verbally and come out on top. But that was not the case - this was how they would resolve the situation, or at least so he hoped.

A sneaking and subtle pain started to dominate his mind once more as something by his wound felt wrong. Not wanting to ruin their evening with his stupid wound, Mathieu felt lucky that her back was turned against him and the manager was scared to death and had his full attention devoted to the girl. Grimacing in main, his hand went down to his side and soon enough, he leaned against the wall which the desk stood next to.

The Mercenary had fought through pain before, and he was confident that he would be able to do so again. Consequently, he had his face return to normal as he stood up "Thank you" he said with a soft tone as he walked up to join Sammy by her side, gently wrapping his arm around her back and resting his hand by her waist "Maybe we could handle this with a bit more civility next time" he said, looking onto the manager as if blaming him for what had just happened. An amused smirk grew on the Morellian's lips as the poor fellow replied with an apologetic nod "There will be no next time, sir" Obviously, having been properly scared by Sammy.

Once they were back out and had been able to sit for a while, enjoying their meal, the pain at his side started to subside again. In the background, Mathieu could see the lady from before going at the Manager for flip-flopping whilst her partner remained seated with a rather bored and frustrated expression. Smirking, he let out a quick "Well done", looking her in the eyes before returning his gaze to the frustrated woman in the distance "I would have paid to see that" he chuckled.

Eventually, the annoying couple were about to leave - naturally, they wouldn't do so without having a few choice words with Sammy and Mathieu - much to the manger's distress. "A disgrace! You two - rude, clear lack of manners, dirty..." the lady berated them with the manager letting of a few quiet mouse-like "Ma'am, please" in the background, trying to make her calm down. Already having had a few non-verbal sparring sessions with the gentleman at her side during the evening, giving him a few hints of what he was dealing with, Mathieu rested a hand on the other's elbow "You've had a long evening. Maybe it's time for you to head home. I think your company might need to rest" Clearly getting the message, the gentleman nodded before turning to his date "Honey, it's time to depart" he said before more or less forcefully trying to pull her away without making it too obvious.

They took a seat by their table once more and Sam wasted no time in eating further. Matt commented on her persuasion skills and she chuckled. "I would do that for free anytime." she quipped with a wink. She looked up at the couple walking past, smirking with her mouth still half full of food. "Welcome to the merc life, baby." she spoke, holding her arms out as she eyed the woman. Her man thankfully had a better mindset as he escorted her out. Sam watched them go through the window and finally took a deep breath before giving Matt a small, genuine smile. "Eat up, before it gets cold." she said as she nodded to his meal, before taking another big bite from her burger.

Soon enough they were out of the door with Sam carrying a bag with another round of their meals. "Expensive as hell but damn worth it." she quipped, walking to the speeder. Once there she opened the door for Matt with one hand and waited for him to get in before placing the food on his lap and closing the door. She then slid over the bonnet for the shits and giggles then hopped into the driver's seat. But once there, Sam calmed down and her happy demeanor faded as she sat quietly, staring out of the windshield. "Hey, Matt..." she started, looking down at her hands. "Back in the restaurant, when we first sat down...I lied." she said softly, still avoiding eye contact. "I want to get out of this life. I want to get out, get a nice apartment like your boss has, a souped up speeder, a proper job where I don't have to worry about dying..." she admitted to him.

She finally looked up at him with sincere eyes. "I'd also like to have a kid one day. A daughter or something. And I'd make sure she never has to know the life I lived or experience even a fraction of it." she confessed gently, looking out the window again. "It might not happen, it might just be something that helps me go forward every day. But...I just thought it'd be right for you to know." she said to him, giving a slight smile before starting up the speeder and flying off. She took a deep breath in and sighed, relaxing and forcing the "So! Where to? To the apartment? Tuck in, relax..." her hand shifted onto his thigh and gently rubbed it as she glanced at him with mischief. "...Get comfortable?" she continued, inching her hand more inward.

Last edited:
It had been a nice evening and a permanent smile seemed to have set itself on Mathieu's lips. Taking a deep breath, he took in the aroma of the food which Sammy had just placed on his lap. Closing the bag, ensuring that it would keep the warmth inside, he looked on as she playfully slid across the bonnet. "Hey, you" he replied as she sat next to him in the driver's seat. A curious eyebrow raised as she mentioned having lied, but his smile remained a constant. The edges of his lips rose further as she revealed what she had been hiding. "A daughter" His voice was warm and familiar "We'll settle down some day, sooner or later. I wanna have a little house on the beach. A daughter; imagine that, growing up with free access to the beach, safety and the coolest parents in the block" He caught himself dreaming away and although he wanted to pull her closer, the food and the nature of the seats made that hard. "We'll get there someday" he said with an excessively confident voice.

A soft "Oh" escaped him upon understanding what she was suggesting. "Going back sounds good" he said before quietly adding "...and getting comfortable" with a smirk. Judging by the pains he had experienced after more strainous activities during the evening, Mathieu wouldn't be surprised if it would get him killed, but at this point, he just wanted to be near her. With that, he skipped mentioning it and simply sat back to relax as she drove, this time, pretty confident that they would be fine, even when she pulled out some of the more crazy manoeuvres.

Once they had arrived, he looked around the apartment. Her clean-up crew had really come through for them as it looked as good as new. "Wow, thank you" he said, relieved that he wouldn't have to spend months fixing it up and have a really awkward conversation with his boss. Setting down the food on the kitchen counter, Mathieu proceeded into the bedroom to charge his datapad. Standing in the doorway, his eyes blankly gazed upon the bed and the corner which she had curled up in before shooting him. Closing the door behind him, the Morellian ensured that Sammy wouldn't follow him in. Being in the dark room again felt eerie and in truth, he just wanted to get out of there. Although he knew that it was not intentional, this was where he had made himself the most vulnerable and where she had then shot him. Soon, he emerged from the bedroom with their blanket and the chargers. "Figured we could have a movie night" he chirped as he walked to set it down on the sofa, closing the bedroom door behind him. If he knew Sammy right, she wouldn't feel too good about going in there either.

Sam gave him a wink and focused back on the road. "Figured you wouldn't mind." she quipped, stepping up the speed and zooming through the traffic of the skylanes. Once they got back to the apartment, Sam was happy to hear the relief in Matt's voice. "They were expensive as hell, but they can make any trace of foul play disappear. Rather convenient for situations like these." she explained as she got rid of her jacket and left her holsters on the counter as well beside the food. She wanted to start on her third burger, but truthfully she was quite stuffed by now. So instead she left the food where it was and walked deeper into the apartment.

She watched him go into the bedroom and close it behind him, but chalked it up to him wanting to change. Soon enough he emerged with the sheets and pillows, suggesting a movie night. She quickly realized that something was up with him...and given the relief she was feeling over not needing to go in the bedroom, with her too. "Hell yeah. I got a bunch of movies I've been wanting to watch." she said as she sat down on the couch and got rid of her boots and socks. But when it came to actually lying down and getting cuddled up against him, Sam froze up. Both worried about the wound and about earlier events, she wasn't so sure about the idea anymore. "You think this is a good idea?" she asked him with concern. "I mean, we're not exactly supposed to put too much pressure on the wound, me lying this much against you might not be a good idea..." she explained. But she couldn't keep herself at bay for long as she quickly decided to snuggle in with him. She was careful to lie against his good side and not too much on top of him to try and spare the wound.

Finally done struggling and getting comfortable, Sam relaxed and sighed deeply. She checked to make sure he wasn't uncomfortable and pulled the blanket over both of them. "There we go. Now, how are we gonna do this?" she asked him, resting her chin on his chest to look at him. "You choose first, then I choose?" she asked him, wiggling her arms to wrap around him and slide in behind his back to hold onto him. "How's the wound holding up, by the way? You at least feeling a bit better?" she asked him more gently.

After setting down the sheets and pillows on the sofa, Mathieu proceeded to put his datapad on charging and slowly moved on towards the kitchen. Fortunately for him, he still wore the new clothes that Sammy had gotten for him earlier and didn't feel the need to switch. Grabbing a bucket and filling it with ice cubes from the freezer, he then put a bottle of champagne in it and grabbed a few snacks before heading back to the sofa. A slight yet clearly noticeable pain was starting to make itself known by his wound again but this was weak enough to suppress, still, he shook his head at how useless he felt.

Laying in the sofa, Mathieu's arm soon started wrapping around her as she cuddled up against him whilst the pain slowly faded away. It was nice and although they had not quite reached the stage where anything could really feel normal in their relationship, this was pretty close. In fact, it was precisely how he wanted it, especially after the hectic day they had been through. Suddenly, Sammy stopped with concern clear on her face. Chuckling, he pulled her a little closer to leave a kiss on her head before shaking his own "You're not that heavy" his voice was amused as the hold he had with his arm tightened a little in a squeeze. Soon, she started moving to find a nice position again, constantly inching a little closer as she did. Helping along and adjusting his position a little when needed, the two were soon settled in on a very comfortable position. Apparently not capable of resisting it, he pulled her closer once more and planted yet another kiss on her head.

Thinking of her question for a while, Mathieu's lips flattened, indicating that he didn't know. "You pick first, I don't have anything in particular on my mind. Just don't do horror and I'll be good" he said, thinking that avoiding the risk of nightmares might be the safer option for both of them.

A nod and and uncertain squint of his eyes later, Mathieu replied "It's better" Reflecting on how it felt, he added "It can still hurt a bit under strain and I don't want to poke at it, but it is less painful than when we first arrived at the restaurant" Choosing to omit the bursts of pain he had had so far, Mathieu started to relax whilst Sammy arranged the movie. With his favourite girl laying well secured in the grasp of his arm and a big sheet keeping him warm, the Morellian would soon start dozing off, bound to fall asleep unless something unexpected happened.

He assured her that it was fine and continued to pull her close, kissing her on the forehead. She hummed lightly and waited for his answer. He gave her the reins on this one but sadly there would be no horror. "Oh come on! Those are the best ones." she complained, laying her head flat on his chest. "Fine, let's see what's trending." she commented, using the remote to page through the options. She decided on some action movie that was supposedly the new hot thing, but she wasn't paying attention at all. She looked up at him as he explained his wound's condition. "Glad to hear it. Just relax. If you need anything I'll get it. You're not leaving this couch." she politely ordered him before giving him a kiss. "Now let's see what this movie's about..." she trailed off as she turned her head to watch the movie.

It wasn't long, though, before she noticed Matt dozed off. She smiled to herself as she relaxed, letting him fall asleep. She could feel her own eyelids getting tired as well, but as soon as she realized it she was wide awake. Her body stiffened slightly as worry gripped her. But she quickly relaxed and glanced at Matt to make sure he was fast asleep.

Afraid of a repeat of the previous evening and feeling a familiar itch, Sam carefully and quietly got up and tucked him in to keep him warm. She turned off the television and lights, put on her jacket and boots, then made herself comfortable on a recliner on the balcony outside. The air was cold but it was manageable. It kept her awake. To further that endeavor she pulled out her packet of cigarettes and lit one. A heavy shake ran through her body as she felt the effects again for the first time in probably a month. But while the effects were amazing, the taste was not. She tried to ignore it and simply enjoy her smoke but through the whole thing she couldn't push aside the fact that it was horrible. It really was a shock to her, given how much she smoked before meeting Matt. It was also amazing how much of an influence he had on her.

She then simply sat there, going over the happenings of the past few days and the conversation they had. A part of her still didn't fully trust him, but that was quickly fading completely. She truly believed that, for once in her life, she really did find someone who really cared about her. Someone who didn't just see her as a means to an end. Her mind then went on to remind her what she did to him. Part of her wanted to take off for his sake. But another part made sure she understood that she had to face her responsibility. To take care of him and make up for her mistake.

She was arguing with herself so much she didn't realize her eyes were slowly closing and her head was dipping. Her hand fell to her side and the half-smoked cigarette dropped to the ground. There she passed out until the first rays of sunlight smacked her square in the face. She groaned and gave a shiver, realizing that she was feeling like a popsicle. She cracked her neck, stretched, popped just about every joint in her body as she got up, and carefully made her way inside. She checked to see if he was still tucked in before closing the curtains and sneaking off to the bathroom. Still shivering, she stripped and hopped into the shower to defrost. After getting ready she slipped into the clothing she bought and quietly got their food out of the packaging. Even cold the burger looked and smelled good.

She was about to heat it back up when she looked over to him and deciding against it. He needed his rest and with that in mind she went back outside with her jacket zipped up and simply enjoyed the sunrise. It was always a treat to see it, especially on this planet...

It had been a good night's sleep by all accounts. Mathieu's night had been uneventful to say the least and his tranquility levels during the night matched that of a rock. Slowly waking up to the soft smell of shampoo and soap, he let out a low and utterly satisfied grumble, just as she left the room - most likely too low for her to hear. Letting time do most of the heavy lifting, the Morellian slowly faded out of the worst of the sleepiness until where he didn't feel too bad about sitting up. His wound remained - of course it did - but the severity was lowered significantly and he didn't quite feel the same pain as he did before he had gone to sleep. Maybe the effects of rest and bacta had been unusually successful on him.

Looking to both sides, he let out a low "Sammy?" upon noticing that she wasn't by his side. A sweet smile fell upon his face as he took note of the sheet and pillow - the girl had really taken care of him after he fell asleep. Shaking his head, Mathieu carefully rose to his feet, brushing the blanket aside whilst remaining careful not to disrupt the wound - although judging by how it felt now, he wouldn't be surprised if there was a substantial amount of room for manoeuvre, at least compared to the night before.

Morning routines and especially a needy bladder in all honour, his first priority would, naturally, be to find Sammy. A suspicious look appeared on his face as he glanced over towards the bedroom door - had she moved back in there already? It only took a few moments for him to have a look and determine that it was indeed not the case. Continuing he search, Mathieu was eventually tipped off by a subtle cool breeze, revealing to him that the balcony doors were open.

Moving surprisingly quietly for someone of his stature, Mathieu suddenly appeared in the doorway. Walking towards her, he let out a low "Hey you" his voice clearly marked by that of someone who had just woken up. The Mercenary was glad to see her and had captured her in an embrace within mere moments. Still rather warm from having gotten up from bed along with producing a fair amount of warmth naturally, the cold outside didn't bother him much. But he was not blind and could see her wearing a jacket with a few minor signs that she was not quite as unaffected. Holding her tight, he waited a bit in silence, enjoying how she felt in his arms whilst trying to share as much warmth as possible before leaning down to give her a peck on the top of her head. "Had a good night?" he asked. Almost immediately after, he continued, with a suggestion "Let's go inside" before letting her respond.

Sam's eyes were closed as she enjoyed the sunlight shining on her face, when she heard faint movement behind her. She resisted the urge to turn around and simply enjoyed feeling his arms around her. She hummed in content as she pressed her face into his shoulder. "Hey, you're finally awake." she quipped as she opened her eyes to steal a glance at him. He ushered her inside and she calmly walked tightly against him inside the apartment. "Didn't have any nightmares or something, so that's a win. I actually slept like a log, all things considered." she answered calmly as she made her way to the kitchen counter where she turned to look at him. "...Yeah, I'm not kissing you with morning breath. Go catch a shower, I'll warm up your breakfast for you." she ordered him with a snicker as she looked him over. "Don't even need to ask if you slept well." she quipped as she giggled at his appearance. "You look like you got hit by a freighter." she kept on teasing him through her laughing as she started to move their meals onto proper plates. "Go on! Scram! Into the shower!" she chased him off, even going so far as to try and shove him into the bathroom before bringing him some fresh clothing.

After she was done chasing him into the shower she started to warm up their meals and brew some caf for them both as well...however that part probably took the longest. It was also the first time in her life that she had to look up how to operate a caf machine. Thankfully Matt was in the shower so she would be spared that embarrassment.

Sam was done by the time Matt emerged, placing both their meals on the island and grabbing a seat. She wasted no time in devouring her fries before getting to work on her burger once again. The same satisfied expression still adorned her face as she sank her teeth into it. "Even reheated, this burger's just amazing. Seriously, we need to make sure that place never changes." she commented before taking another bite. Once she was done she finished off her caf and sat with a satisfied grin on her face. "So, what are you in the mood for today? It's still early...and usually I'm still asleep at this time." she spoke casually as she wiped a drop of sauce from her plate and licked it off her finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom