Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sixteen Years Worth of Dreams

She couldn't find him. Not through the new swarm she seemed to have created. Kids her age must be very bored if a dance and a hug were enough to get them excited. She tried not to roll her eyes. Failed. Someone asked her to dance. She accepted, but only because she knew she was expected to. She smiled. She laughed. She had no idea who she was even dancing with.
And of course her eyes kept sweeping over the crowd, scanning for that one person. So she could yell at him for leaving her like that.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
Their little performance seemed to have inspired the rest of the attendees to take part in some fun. THe music was louder, the laughter was truer, people were starting to actually dance and have some fun. Though they were politicians and schemers and nobles, they were still teens, just like him. Sure they already looked down upon him, but if any irked him off he could knock em on their backs for their troubles. He stayed where he was, leaning against the wall by the table, smiling slightly as he watched the night continue. He kept himself amused by observing anyone who caught his eye, picking out little details. A ribbon around her neck there to hide a hickey, a pearl cufflink there betraying the wearer's origin as from Theed.

It was good excercise, though his eyes would always seek out Felicity, dancing, alughing, actually being a girl at her birthday. He smiled whenever he saw her, and felt his eyebrow twitched whenever she danced with another. Oh this was ridiculous, he was better than such base jealousies. Maybe he just needed some air?

[member="Felicity Mason"]

[member="Owain"]

"Having fun..." Glyph walked up beside him with a smile as his own eyes scanned over the crowd and laughed as he looked at two off to the side that were arguing over something, the hostility like a flare compared to everything else. "You know, she probably would dance with you all night if you went over to her instead of standing here." With that his smile grew and he actually looked at Owain now as the man stood there, Glyph would tap his head to show that he could feel Owain's feelings.

Owain

"It's alright," the raven haired youth shrugged as Glyph materialised at his side. "Hah, sure," he scoffed with an easy grin. "But that wouldn't be fair to all her guests now would it?" he countered, sipping his drink. He caught Glyph's gesture and grimaced. "Stay outta my head space wizard," he warned with slight distaste.

[member="Glyph"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

[member="Owain"]

"For once, and i promise you, i can't actually help it. I feel the emotions of others at all times of days... Why do you think i knew what you were feeling and not your exact thoughts. Though the idea had came across my mind what you could be plotting up there." He smiled at the man and looked as the two that were arguing had stopped. "Hmm... shame, they were a bit of a bright light in all these good emotions..." His eyes went back to Owain as he spoke again. "So, what is it that you plan to do then about these guests taking up your time with her." He smiled at the man as Owain continued to watch for Fel.

Partner after boring forgettable partner. Felicity felt like hours passed, even if it had not been nearly that long. She was beginning to think that Owain had just ditched her. Left the party without a word. She was so disappointed.

"You know, miss felicity, " her current dance partner said, "my father works very closely with your mother. He was the one to introduce the Theed Restoration Act to the blah blah blah...."
"Oh. You don't say."
"Oh yes. Actually, I was thinking of joining the legislative youth program. Perhaps if you did the same we could... become study partners?"
"Hm? Oh, err..."

Then as if the stars themselves heard her silent cry of desperation, the song ended, the crowd parted just enough for the girl to catch sight of who she was looking for. She grinned excusing herself from the awkward conversation.

[member="Glyph"] [member="Owain"]

Owain

Owain shot him a dark look. "So you say. Still. Watch it," he said, turning his attention back to the party. "Sounds like a hassle. How do you get any peace and quiet? Isolate yourself?" the youth asked, somewhat curious. He didn't actually know that much about space wizards, and it never hurt to learn a bit more. "Plan? I don't plan to do anything Glyphie," Owain shrugged in response. "She's a big girl who cut up a Sith's face. I think she can handle some pampered puffballs," he grinned.

[member="Owain"]

"I focus on the good, or the bad, which ever one allows me to balance out the emotions of others.... Its exhausting and if im not careful it could kill me or drive me mad... imagine having hundreds, or even thousands, all their emotions being felt by you... its tiring... And dont get me started when parades are around." HE smiled and looked as [member="Felicity Mason"] was coming closer. "But you know Owain, there are some emotions that you feel and make you smile when you are someone like me, like your Jealous, and her boredom with everyone but you." He said the last bit loud enough for Felicity and Owain to hear and no one else. Making sure not to point out their emotions until Felicity was right infront of them. "Do try and look interested in the words of others you two."

Her smile turned into a frown immediately. [member="Glyph"] was trying to embarrass her. So awkward having her ex try to set her up with another boy.
"I'm going to say this nicely as I can, glyph,"she took a deep breath, "Shut. Up."

That out of the way, She turned her attention back to @Owain.

"Ignore him. He thinks he knows everything just because he can tell what I feel."
Instantly she regretted saying that. Servings later she realized that glyph really could tell her feelings and he might have told Owain. Force, this was awkward.

"N-not that he's right all the time! "

Owain

Owain raised an eyebrow and just smirked. OK, so wizard boy could tease with the best of them. And if his ability really worked like that...well..."Glyph, do you pick up on all emotions or just surface ones?" he idly asked, keeping his gaze fixed on Felicity. She would know where he was going with this.

His smirk broke as he let out a laugh at seeing her so flustered. "Aw it's OK Songbird, just ruffling your feathers," he explained before glancing at Glyph. "So what dd you get here anyways? I think I saw a guy give her a necklace earlier. Got something that beats that?"

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Owain"]

"Uh well you see i used to only be able to sense surface emotions but i can search a specific person if i look deep enough." He smiled at Felicity, the hint a knowing ahead of time that it was likely the right choice back then and why he didn't push her for another chance. "That being said, i have looked at both you and her out of curiosity, and oh how interesting you two are." His smile never faded as he turned and put a arm around both of them and pushing them side by side now. "Now don't you two get embarrassed, bored, or jealous, else i will know." He smiled as he left out something that lay on his tongue in referring to a certain emotion he sensed from Owain. "As for what i got her, well..." He moved his hands from their shoulders, leaving them shoulder to shoulder as he moved around and looked at their faces. "Nothing. Didn't realize you were suppose to bring a gift to a party."

Felicity rolled her eyes, hand rubbing her temples.

"No, really, Glyph, it's okay. The embarrassment is gift enough."

And she really was embarrassed. Glyph was trying way too hard to convince them to... to what? Date? Admit the attraction to the other? Hook up? Whatever it was that he wanted, Felicity was confused by it. Didn't Glyph say that he still loved her not so very long ago? Did he just change his mind and decide setting his ex girlfriend up with his romantic rival would be more fun?

"And what about you, Owain? If you're so concerned about it, where is your gift? Hm?"

[member="Glyph"] [member="Owain"]

Owain

He only smiled and shook his head at the antics around him. He had...missed such camaraderie. "Glyph...you're as subtle as a krayt dragon," he said, feeling his shoulder bump against Felicity's. "It's a BIRTHDAY party Glyph. What, you never had a birthday before?" Owain added, rolling his eyes before glancing at Felicity to support him. For all he knew the boy hadn't. That would suck.

"Oh, right," he blinked when the girl of the hour asked him about his gift. "Well, I do have something for you," Owain admitted, feeling somewhat embarrassed now. "It's nothing like what your dad got you, but...well, I didn't really know what to get you and my uncle was less than helpful.." he rambled, reaching into his pocket. His fingers closed around the box and he took a breath. No way to back out of this now. Sure, his gift was simple, and she'd probably just throw it in a box alongside the tonnes of other things she had gotten but...well, he had gotten it for her. For all it was worth.

Owain clicked his heels together and bowed, pulling out the box and offering to the girl. "Happy birthday, Songbird."

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Glyph"]

Felicity laughed with owain as he teased Glyph. These two were probably her only constant friends. It was nice to know that at. The very least, She had them. But then, Owain did something she had nit expected. She had never thought for a moment that he would have actually bothered giving her a gift for her birthday. She had only been teasing him. But when he pulled out a box a presented it to her, She went completely silent. Her hand reached out to take the tiny box, treating it like it might shatter if she held it too tight.

"What is it? " She asked after a moment of just starting at it.

[member="Owain"] [member="Glyph"]

[member="Owain"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

Glyph smiled and shook his head. "No, not a party, i preferred reading and playing my violin while i was left in solitude and alone... helps when it happens alot." He smiled and watched as confusion rose from Felicity and when he saw the box he grinned as he spoke. "Isn't the box suppose to be smaller and you are suppose to be on one knee Owain?" His amusement at what would likely cause Felicity to go bright red couldn't stop him as he laughed at the suggestion and waited to see what was actually in the box.

Owain

Owain's eye twitched. She didn't have to sound so surprised. Why wouldn't he have gotten her a gift? It was her birthday! What would be the point of celebrating them otherwise?

"Uh...I don't know if it counts as clothing or jewelry," he admitted sheepishly. He wasn't the best at gift giving in truth. This was the first time actually. He had found the item whilst out wandering Coruscant actually, and had ordered it in the right colors and the right little personal touch. A pink silk ribbon choker, with a white porcelain oval set in the front with the image of a songbird in flight. Whether she would like it...was a mystery. "So...uh...just take a glance and let me know what you think? Feel free to say it's not a good gift, I'm not exactly good at this kind of thing...gestures I mean," Owain said, rambling a bit and grimacing as he listened to what he was saying. Luckily, Glyph offered a good distraction.

"Shut it wizard boy!" snapped Owain, feeling color rise to his cheeks as he swung a fist at the other male's shoulder. Honestly. Marriage. At their age?!

The gift. Felicity took a good minute to admire the pretty songbird. He... got this for her? Silently she tied it around her neck, looked back up to him and smiled.

"Owain..." She half leapt, half fell into him, lacing her arms around him, "it's perfect!"

It didn't matter that people were staring. It didn't matter that Glyph was right there. It was this simple gesture that mattered.

[member="Owain"] [member="Glyph"]

[member="Owain"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

He smiled at the two while he rubbed his shoulder and it did waver for a second before he turned and waved his hand to them. "I think its about time i leave, do make sure that Hot head doesn't get caught again by a Sith, i need to go work on something and to be honest this party is too loud and too many people that its giving me a headache..." He didn't mean the physical volume but rather the invisible one that he used as a way to explain the waver in his smile and not say the real reason as he scooped up his violin. "Ill be outside somewhere." He left with the case and let the two have fun.

Owain

"Gah!" yelped the raven haired youth as he was partially tackled by the birthday girl. Her arms were around his neck, squeezing. Probably the most expressive she had ever been with him. It stunned him. Unfortunate, since she was also chocking him slightly. "F-Felicity! C-can't breathe!" he squeaked out, looking to Glyph for aid, but the grinning wizard made his excuses and left. Traitor. Noticing the looks the two of them were getting, he tried to gulp and awkwardly patted the blond girl on the back. "T-there there," he wheezed. Alright this wasn't working. Think, think, think...AHA!

Grinning weakly he leaned down to whisper into her ear. "Now you've got something to hide all those marks I'll be leaving from your mother." That should shock her enough to release him.

She didn't heaar glyph leave, but she felt it. This must be so awkward for him. His own fault really. She squeezed owain tighter, so pleased, not just with the gift. He could have given her a bottle of dirt and she would be happy. But he gave it to her. He did.
She blinked and slowly let him go, blushing furiously. He really knew how to get to her. Especially now.

"S-sorry..." She mumbled untangling herself from him, ticking a stray lick of hair behind her uninjured ear, "s-so... see you tonight after the party?"

[member="Owain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom