Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sixteen Years Worth of Dreams

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
He fought the urge to fidget as she inspected him, committing this stupid sight to memory. Oh yeah, she wasn't going to let this go. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," he snapped at her, shaking his head. "Urgh, sorry. Just...not fond of the whole dressing up game. Not all of us can pull of the refined look so easily," the boy added, nodding at the girl. He wasn't bitter about having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get the clothing clean and pressed and to wash and gel his hair and aaaaaaarrrrgh. Elliot was going to SUFFER for this.

"Well, it's alright. Bit of a fancy affair - more of a ball really. Found Glyph though. Guy seems to be doing alright," Owain shrugged, thankful that Felicity had continued the conversation. And then he grinned, seeing a way to one up the little princess. "Hah. Maybe I just told you that because I didn't feel like dancing?" he countered, his grin turning into a satisfied smirk. Actually, he hadn't known how to dance, but Keter had made him take lessons. Something about having a sense of culture or something. Still, no need for Felicity to know that bit. "Besides, ball dancing is so restrained and proper - where's the fun in that?" he added.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

So.... he knew how to dance? She made a face, clearly displeased with this news. She placed her hands on her hips, head tilted to the side.

"Well... if you knew how to dance all along, then you won't mind dancing with me now. Boring or not, it's still my birthday."

She reached for his hand, making it very clear she was giving him no choice.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Victory was his! He smirked at the distaste she showed before the look was swiftly replaced by one of fear. Dance? With her? Here?! Oh him and his big mouth...

"Uh...urgh, fine. Just because it's your birthday Songbird," he yielded. Just once dance. Then he could give her his gift and fake a medical emergency.

Ha! Victory! Her face softened as she pulled him out onto the tiled dance floor. She was being watched. They both were. Judgment from all sides. If mom was here, She knew there would be issues.

"There, " she sighed, "now just put your hand on my waist. Go slow. Watch my feet if you absolutely have to. I don't want you tripping over me. "

She wasn't looking at him now. She was looking just past him. Her cheeks were as pink as her shoes.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

"I know how to fly, Songbird," Owain replied flatly, looking at her completely unimpressed. Honestly, how hopeless did she think he was? He lightly placed his hand upon her hip, keeping a respectful distance between them. His teacher had been specific about that - closeness translated into mood. A polite distance made the dance appear formal, whilst stepping closer would make it more intimate. So many signs associated with the high noble life. So much duplicity and posing. Stupid.

Taking her other hand in his own, his cap discarded on the table behind them, he smirked. Might as well surprise her with his knowledge. He could still walk away from this as the victor. The music had increased in response to the hush that had fallen as the people around them noticed what they were doing. Urgh...alright, Felicity was in the lead, but not for long.

[member="Owain"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

He watched the two with a smiled and looked down at the drink in his hand before taking a sip and grimacing. "Bleh... i dont know how people can drink this stuff... it just tastes like its going to screw up the rest of the day as it is..." He sighed and set the glass down on a nearby table, going back to watching them.

Her first dance partner of the night. She looked up, shocked to find that Owain actually knew what he was doing. It actually almost made her mess up a few times.

"...My, I didn't expect the crow to flutter," she commented, stepping closer, "it was your own birthday not very long ago, right?"

She heard someone whispering off to her right. Let them whisper. This was her birthday. She could dance with who she wanted, as close or as distant as she wanted.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

He cocked an eyebrow at her as they danced, slowly falling back into the confidence he had now that he hadn't messed up his moves. The boy briefly wondered if she knew what messages she was sending by standing this close to him. Probably not. Poor sheltered little thing. Owain smirked for a moment as he nodded. "Yes, and? Am I too old to hang around with you now? Is that it?" he teased.

She shook her head with a thin smile. He was always trying to be funny. Or was he just that stupid really?

"I should say happy birthday to you as well, since I was away for it. And give you a birthday gift." For the first time since they started this dance, she met his eyes. "I can give it to you after the party, if you'd like."

There was a hint in her tone, like she was trying to slip him a secret message, some kind of code in her words. No. He wasn't smart enough to get it. She was going to have to be more obvious. She stepped closer, just a tiny bit, leaning in slightly to whisper.

"Meet me outside my room at 2:30."

[member="Owain"]

I let out a small yawn as I walked up to the palace. Of course, before I could come in, a strog hand landed on my chest and shoved me back. "Invited guest only." Right... I always forgot about these types. No princess and paupers. Always had to keep the poor out of the fun. No matter, as if I would show up to just any party unannounced.

Well... at least, this time the invitation in my coat was actually mine. Speaking of such an invitation, I let out a wily grin and pulled it out, flashing the card and putting it in the gaurds face. "And what does this look like? A space waffle?" Oh, the look he gave me was priceless. After some profuse apology he stepped aside and let me in. "Thank you my good man." I gave an eloquent bow and turned to walk in. One thing I had learned was that if you didn't want people to question you, as long as it wasn't their job, they'd leave you alone if you acted not only as if you belonged in the room, but if you owned it as well. Sure I wasn't one for all the tux's of the people around me, but as I stepped in, I easily strutted through the crowds until i found a pillar to lean against. And of course, who did I see dancing but the birthday girl herself. Surely he wouldn't mind too much if I took a bit of her attention for a greeting from an old friend. "Hey stiff! How are ya?"

[member="Owain"]

Owain

They were dancing something simple, something slow with a bit of speed up here and there to match the music. He quirked and eyebrow and fought hard to keep the smirk off his face. She seemed to be serious. It was cute. Totally didn't suit her either. "Oh? That's mighty late to give a gift..." he whispered back into her ear before seperating to give her a quick spin. Just as he had been taught. His teacher would have been proud. He hoped. But the music came to a stop after a moment, and Owain made sure to bow his head in proper respect to the birthday girl, one hand in his pocket, fixed around the small box that held her gift when a voice cut in. Biting his tongue as his eye twitched, he stayed silent to let Felicity acknowledge the greeting.

[member="William Seraven"] [member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Glyph"]

The dance ended and just as she was about to say something else, she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Will? Oh Will! You did come!"

She turned her back on Owain for the moment. She hadn't seen Will in so long, actually, not since her last birthday. Not that she'd particularly missed him or anything, but it was nice that he'd bothered to show up.

"I was afraid you wouldn't get the invitation."

[member="William Seraven"] [member="Owain"]

I let out a small laugh and lifted the card. "Hey, its me. As if I could miss out on some free food." I placed the invitation back into my coat and swapped it with a small box. "Enjoy your party and your company." With a nod to [member="Owain"], I tossed the gift to the princess. Should she look inside, the first thing to be seen would be a sapphire blue pendant, centered in which would be a single piece of teradin bark. "It's supposed to stand for protection. Figure'd you'd need it since I heard what happened." Hidden in the second half of the bx would be something a bit more practical. A lock picking kit. Just in case she ever needed another escape from the sith... or the guards of her house.

Felicity grinned as she opened the box, but her smile faded pretty quickly. Oh. Another pretty necklace. Well, at least this one looked more unique than the others she'd gotten. Her eyes narrowed when he said the word 'protection'. So, news had spread that she'd managed to get herself kidnapped. Again. Well, she had to admit, it seemed to be a trend with her. She looked inside the box again, catching sight of something else hidden inside. Oh. She understood immediately, and she knew exactly what she was going to practice on.

She sighed and smiled, stepping forward to give Will a hug.

"Thank you, Will. It's wonderful!"

She passed the box to a droid who then placed Wills box among the others. His, on the other hand, she would actually open again and use.

[member="Owain"] [member="William Seraven"]

I grinned and returned the hug, my tail wagging quickly behind me. "You're welcome. And next time you get yourself kidnapped, please don't hesitate to call." Once we were separated, I gave a nod to [member="Owain"] and started towards the food bar. What could I say? I was a growing zorren boy. "Well, happy birthday Felicity."

Owain

Owain watched the two old friends greet and exchange pleasantries. He felt a small twinge of jealousy but quickly smothered it. Oh no, he wasn't THAT insecure! He wasn't even feeling anything! Smiling slightly, he made his way back to the serving table and grabbed another glass of drink, downing it in one gulp and reaching for another. Just one or two more wouldn't hurt, as long as he stayed properly hydrated. It was going to be a long night after all.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="William Seraven"]

He was almost laughing at feeling the jealousy from Owain, it humored him that the man was actually worried in some degree and he almost laughed too loud that it would have looked like he was half mad. Then again he was being hit with a ton of other emotions too so he was already sitting alone in the corner so that he could better keep an eye on any emotions that may be of a danger to anyone at the party. He didn't expect someone to be that stupid as to try again so soon to harm anyone here but hey, what did he know.

[member="Owain"] [member="William Seraven"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

"Thanks Will," she called as the young man walked away. She was fully ignoring the crowd now and the looks she was getting. She'd just hugged a strange boy dressed like a street kid. Not exactly behavior expected from the Queens daughter. She was used to upsetting the order of things by now.

"So Owain, I-"

She blinked as she turned back around. He was gone, out of sight again. Her face went red with embarrassment and anger. Of course he would just walk off and leave her standing in the middle of the dance floor. that was so like him.

[member="Glyph"] [member="Owain"] [member="William Seraven"]

Owain

Back at his regular haunt (by the wall), Owain eyed the party and sipped his drink. The crowd had certainly got to gossiping about Felicity and her behaviour. He idly pondered how many people here actually knew the girl, and how many were here purely for appearances sake. He bit back a grimace at the thought. That was why he held a generic distaste for those in power. So many games and affectations which were all so pointless in the greater scheme of things. What a waste of time.

What was he doing here?

Oh right, he actually was a friend who cared for Felicity. Owain shook his head. When had that happened anyway? When was it more fun to make her pout than to prove his superiority?

Did it matter?

Probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom