Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sixteen Years Worth of Dreams

Imerria- The Mason residence

It wasn't every day that a girl turned sixteen. Especially not every day that a Queens daughter turned sixteen. Unlike most of her party's however, this one was not going to be held in Naboo. Felicity was getting tired of the bright, pristine palace, with it's cold white marble floors and it's high ceilings and the gold everywhere. She wanted to go home. Her first home. The place she was born.

Imerria wasn't known for much more than it's unpredictable wind storms. It was a good way to keep people away, but Felicity was really hoping for the opposite now. She'd invited so many people, mostly people her own age, or close to it. Mother even sent out an invite or two to people that she had expected to be good contacts for the girl in the future. She fully expected her daughter to take this opportunity to start networking and plan for her future.

"I'm only sixteen, mom," Felicity grumbled to herself as she stood in front of her full length mirror in her bed room, "Why would I know what I want to do by now? It's so stupid, right?"

She looked over to catch her reflection in another mirror on her makeup table, enthusiastically nodding in response to her own question.

"Yes. Stupid."

Everyone talked to themselves, and those who said they didn't were liars. Besides all that, it was her birthday and she could talk to herself if she wanted to! Well, okay, technically, her birthday had been last week, but there hadn't really been enough time to celebrate. Too much going on. Kidnappings as such. A good way to spoil any event.

Felicity turned her head this way and that, looking at her bright blonde hair from all angles. Her curls were piled on top of her head, braided and knotted and twisted this way and that, with little flower pins strategically placed to hold it all together. Mother would approve, if she was here, but she had to stay on Naboo. A little disappointing, but she had sent a gift. She insisted Felicity wear it to her party tonight, and the girl had been happy enough to comply. Another dress, but this one was different. Mom was always very picky about what she let Felicity wear in public. She had this weird idea that if Felicity showed a certain amount of skin she might, oh, you know, run off and join a circus or something crazy.

Felicity smiled at herself. It seemed mom realized at last that certain clothing would not stop her from doing something crazy. The dress was white as snow with a fitted bodice, but the sleeves hung off the shoulders, drooping with beads. The skirt on the other hand, faded from white to a pretty petal pink. Mother had good taste, she had to admit it. The dress was from the latest line by one of her favorite Naboo designers. Mother had managed to get her hand on a custom fitted gown for her, before his spring line was even released. There were perks of having a Mother in office.

She did one more twirl before looking at her chrono. With a squeal, she snatched up her earrings off her makeup table and hurriedly put them into her ears as she rushed out of her bedroom and down the hall.

((Only rules here, no fighting, no weapons. Gifts are optional ^_~))

[member="Felicity Mason"]

Glyph had been there, insistant on being a shadow and guard for Felicity until she returned to the Ession and true to his word he was now sitting in the common area and even gave up his weapon as per her rules for her party. Funny part though, he was sitting in a corner and watching the others already there, keeping silent and to himself as he felt very out of place and after all... this was the first party he had been to.

Most social events like balls he had been to as a guard for the mason family on naboo, but he was suppose to be a guest this time and it wasn't exactly... overly formal. Leaving Glyph to use his old smuggler's clothing (Picture) and just hope he was wearing what would be considered right while he waited for the hot head to get to her own party.

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
His eyes followed the ball as it went up in the air and fell back down into his hand. He threw it up again, following the object's path as it fell back into his waiting grasp. Immeria was so...boring. It lacked other people to make it worth living in. Still, it provided some measure of privacy, hence why Keter Mason had settled it in the first place, the boy supposed. In any case, uncle Elliot had insisted on his presence today of all days. Not that Owain had much of a choice - his uncle was the only transportation he had available. The old man flew with Keter enough times to be able to take his Fury on short trips - mostly supply runs but a few nights spent gambling and drinking in more civilised places had not gone unwelcome.

Still. Here he was. Dressed all smart and formal of all things. It felt unnatural and stifling to Owain. The skin between his shoulders itched as if waiting for a knife to be planted there. He felt exposed, dressed up, and ridiculous. Clad in a dull grey button shirt and pants, with polished black shoes and a white overcoat, and a white cap perched on his head - the uniform of the Iron Fist mercenary company that Keter Mason supposedly ran. In truth it was just him, Elliot and Owain now. Slevin had used to run with them but the old clone had finally succumbed to the degredation that faced all his kind.

Elliot had provided the dress uniform for him, reasoning correctly that Owain had no actual formal wear himself for this event. The raven haired youth sighed as he caught the ball in a white gloved hand and put it down on the desk in his room, next to the small wrapped box. It was nothing really, a trifle. A mere expectation of him as a guest. A smal gift for the girl of the hour. Muttering dark things under his breath, he took the small box and shoved it in his coat pocket, taking a few deep breaths to compose himself before stepping outside of his room.

No uncle around to take pictures of him. Hmm. The coast was clear. Wary, eyes scanning the corridors, he began making his way to the...ballroom that had been prepared for the evening. Actually, Keter had just covered the courtyard of the castle with a roof thanks to Owain and Elliot, and put down actual flooring and put in a chandelier. Exactly where he found the damn thing was beyond Owain. But there was a ballroom in Dis now. All for Felicity. The little Songbird princess herself.

Urgh.

She was never going to let this look go. He just knew it.

Felicity slowed down immediately when she turned the corner, fitting the last earring back into her ears. She paused at a dark picture frame on the wall, checking her reflection in the glass one more time. Her ear. She winced looking at it. Sometimes she forgot about how she was now missing the tip of her ear. She moved her hair slightly with one hand to cover her ear again, making sure it was perfectly in place before hurrying ahead to greet her guests.

As she hurried by, she paused at Owains door, one hand raised to knock. Of all the people coming, he was the one she wanted to see the most. She'd never seen him dressed up before. She could only guess what he would look like. Not just that. There was so much she didn't really get to say before. Glyph understood, her Father knew, even Graxin knew. But Owain? He was probably still stupid and oblivious as always.

She lowered her hand, shook her head and continued on to greet her guests.

"[member="Glyph"]?" she called from the top of the stairway, "You made it."

[member="Owain"]

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Owain"]

"Course i did, what kind of guard would i be if i took a day off... though uh... i think im slightly underdressed for your party. I wasn't really sure what you wear to a birthday party..." He looked up from where he sat in the old smuggler outfit, his eyes cast down at himself before shrugging as it couldn't be helped before looking back up at her with a smile. "You do look quite beautiful though, but i think someone else is suppose to tell you that so find him." Glyph gave her a two fingered salute and smiled. He wasn't sure if she was going to have music at her party, but he had a small case at his side with a very familiar thing inside it as he smiled at her.

Owain

Using his commando trained skills, honed by his uncle and adventuring with Keter, Owain stealthily made his way to the courtyard. There were a few people about, some he guessed from Felicity's academy. They seemed quite at ease with the atmosphere and the merrymaking and all. Owain hid his discomfort behind a stoic mask as he slipped through the crowds, nodding polite welcomes this way and that as he made his way to the table set up along the east wall. It had finger foods and refreshments. And most importantly of all, alcohol. He was not going through this night stone sober. Oh no, he'd never make it that way. Finding a glass of champagne, he downed it in one gulp, relishing the taste. Right, now he could face this evening - no, better drink one more. NOW he could get on with the evening. He still took a third glass just in case.

There was soft mood music playing, nothing to dance to, since the party hadn't really started yet. It was all low key and to let everyone there get through the pleasantries of introducing themselves first. How quaint and lovely and infuriating. He wondered how many people here legitimately wanted to congratulate Felicity, and how many were here to further some agenda or another. Eh, not his problem. Shrugging, Owain melded back into the crowd, gaze floating from face to face until he found someone familiar.

There! Glyph!

Smiling at the thought of seeing a...well not friendly, but certianly familiar face, the youth began making his way towards him but paused when he noticed who he was talking to. Aw feth. Glancing about, he stepped behind a group of gossiping girls from Naboo, making his way to the wall to stand there and wait for the girl of the moment to move on before approaching Glyph. He was not going to suffer through this alone.

[member="Glyph"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

The girl smiled as she made her way down the stairs. At the bottom at last, she made her way over to him, pink heels clicking lightly on the tile. He called her beautiful. Well, obviously. She knew she was pretty. There was a reason she'd been so popular at the Academy.

"Alright," she responded with a nod, "You haven't seen him, right? Well, if you do... err, don't tell him I've been looking for him, okay?"

She took a deep breath, waved, and walked away, heading to the 'ballroom' to greet her other guests. she was swarmed almost at once. No old friends. Felicity didn't have friends from the Academy. She had rivals, she had people she could tolerate, but no friends. None of these teenagers were to be trusted. Not even a little.
Still, she smiled and said her hellos, accepting gifts with a gracious smile before handing the boxes and bags to a droid to set aside for her. She could open them later. She already knew what to expect, just by looking at the size of the gift. This was going to take some time to get through.

[member="Owain"] [member="Glyph"]

Owain

She was gone! Advance, advance! Silently moving up, making sure not to draw anyone's attention, Owain approached Glyph. "Hey," he said in greeting, offering the sitting youth the drink in his hand. "How you doing?" he said in way of greeting. Granted, he had no idea how Glyph would react to him, but he was the closest thing Owain had to a friend in the room. No matter what had happened in the past. "I see you are fortunate enough to have avoided the need to dress up," grinned the raven haired boy, nodding at his companion's clothing as he eyed the comfortable cloth with a hint of jealousy. Totally unlike the stuffy unifrom he had to wear.

@Owain [member="Felicity Mason"]

"You do realize shes looking for you right..." He watched her walk away, smiling as he saw her happy and then looking at Owain with an equally happy grin. "Keeping her waiting wont be good for either of us, she will kick your butt and then i will have to be forced to skin you like i promised her if you hurt her feelings." His smile was there, but his words were cold. And for a moment that he said it, there was no way to tell if he was serious or joking, just a cold dead chill to his voice. "So how about you go and say hi to her, it is her birthday after all..."

Owain

Owain rolled his eyes. "Cool it hero, it's a party after all. We're ALL meant to have a good time. Now take the drink and chill out," he said, offering him the glass again. "By the way, if you could spill some of it on this stupid uniform I would be eternally grateful," the raven youth added with a grimace. "Thing looks ridiculous. Why aren't you in your Palace Parade gear or whatever it is you Nabooans have for fancy occasions anyway? I wanted to come casual and my uncle threw a fit," the teenager grumbled.

[member="Owain"]

"I don't have anything like that and im off duty so my uniform wouldn't really be useful for this event... shes going to kick my butt for you standing here and talking to me rather than to her. You know that right. As for spilling something on your uniform, i would but, sadly i don't have that ability my friend, i mean its not like i am partially blind and part Miralukan as well as have a slight disdain for you..." The hint was more than clear as he took the glass and whistled, looking into the liquid and frowning. "Plus, i don't drink."

Owain

Owain stared flatly at Glyph. "Of course you don't," he sighed shaking his head. "It's a party. Try a sip for politeness sakes and water a plant with it for all I care. Still, good to see your wit and tongue haven't dulled," Owain complimented with a nod and a grin. "And yeah, yeah, I'll go let her find me looking like an idiot in a bit. Just wanted to check up on a mate, that's all," he shrugged. Then he let his face grow serious. "Thanks. For guarding her I mean."

[member="Owain"]

"If you thought for a moment that a wouldn't, you were deluding yourself. And thank you for being there to rescue her... Coward or not my friend." He smiled, this time the insult was obviously fake and he meant nothing in saying it. He did atleast show respect to Owain for being there when he couldn't be, after all where one had failed the raven hair man was far more quick to just show up when hes unexpected. "Oh and by the way, if she ever gets hurt or you two are in trouble, contact me immediately, ill be there without hesitation." He reached into his side and held out a datachip that would have a direct transponder code to Glyph.

It took so long to squeeze herself through the hive of buzzing socialites and heirs. By the time she's finished talking to each one, hearing them ask about her family for the fiftieth time, Felicity was too thirsty to think. She hardly even noticed that what she reached for was not actually juice, but instead a pale pink wine. At this point, she did not care. She downed it in one gulp, grabbed another glass and kept moving, looking through the crowd for him. No sign. Maybe he didn't come after all. Maybe he was still in his room. Maybe he was preparing something for her and was running late. Maybe he ran away.

Maybe I'm being paranoid.

She smiled and nodded at another group as she fluttered through the crowd. School mates, children of politicians, holostars, Athletes from Naboo, all gathered together for her now. And she didn't have a single interest in any of them.

Owain

Owain grinned. This was more like it. He took the chip and flipped it in his hand before placing it in a trouser pokcet. "I'll keep that in mind. And if you ever need someone a tad...rougher to handle a problem, you know how to contact me," he nodded, offering his hand to the other boy. "Mr Glyph" he said with a grin. "Excuse me but I must dash. Got a princess to woo and I am not nearly drunk enough for this party. Feel free to deck me later if things get out of hand!"

Glyph simply watched him leave after giving him a quick two fingered salute, smiling as he walked over to talk to Felicity. "Wonder how long it will take..." What he meant never came past his mouth, he only watched and waited for what ever it was that he expected to happen between the two of them.

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Steeling his nerves, Owain made his way through the ballroom, grimacing as he spotted the pink princess herself, drinking wine again. Well at least they had that in common. An inability to deal with parties unless they had alcohol in their systems. "Hey Songbird," he said on greeting, hands in pockets as he walked up behind her, feeling like a dressed up peacock.

"Ah, Miss Felcity, do you remember me? We were in the same class-"
"No."

She pushed past the young man without really even looking at him. Rude. Very rude, but the fact was, she did remember him. He asked her out once, almost a year ago. She remembered his exact words. How he bragged about his fathers yacht. She was very unimpressed.
Besides, Felicity had someone else in mind now as she pushed her way through the crowd, sipping at her glass.

"Hey Songbird,"

Her heart thumped wildly in her chest like a racing tauntaun. She smiled, rubbing her still healing hand with her other as she turned around. She was not prepared for what she saw. She almost laughed, she had to physically restrain herself. Not because it was a terrible look on him, in fact, she was actually shocked how well this old uniform fit him. But it did not feel very... him.

"Hello Crow," she greeted, "You look very... dashing."

Yes. No. Not that. Something else. she was screwing this up already. She drowned her stupid comment with more wine.

Owain

Owain grimaced harder. Yeah he could see her drinking to cover the massive laughter welling up inside. Still, it was good to see her enjoying herself. "Yeah yeah, laugh it up Princess, you won't ever be seeing me like this again," he stated, taking his cap off his head. His dark hair had been slicked back with gel, giving him a more refined look. Dammit, he missed his armour. This felt stupid. Why had he agreed to this again? Oh right. "Happy birthday Songbird. How's it feel to be a year older?" he asked, not really sure what he should say and just letting his mouth run off before his brain could catch up. "You look good yourself. Really going for the fairytale look eh?"

Urgh. Awkward. He should just give her her gift andslink back to his room. He could feel some of the other guests glancing in their direction and whispering. Who was he to talk to Felicity? Someone nowhere near as duplicious as them for starters! Still, it felt uncomfortable. The teen knew he was the target of some hostility at the moment - mostly from other jealous boys.

She lowered her glass and let her eyes study him completely. If this was the last time she got to see him dress up, she wanted to memorize this moment. Her lip's twitched as he tried to pay her a complement. It must be absolutely killing him just to say something not completely awful and insensitive to her.

"Thank you. Yes. My mother bought the dress for me"

Then the conversation died. She'd stumbled now. Let things get awkward. Why was it awkward? Well, why was it awkward for him at least? She knew why she was feeling awkward. But what did he have to feel awkward about? Except the wardrobe choice.

"Err... are you enjoying the party?" she asked, ignoring the onlookers. They could look, but they would never understand. "I would ask you to dance, but I remember you saying you didn't know how. I wouldn't want to embarrass you."

Now she was being kind? When did that happen?

[member="Owain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom