Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sith Radtrooper Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
7c79cf34e0cf199148606e20b4dbde91--cosplay-star-wars-star-wars-art.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
  • Affiliation: Sith Empire(Radtrooper Corps)
  • Model: Sith Radtrooper Armor
  • Modularity: Minor(coloration)

• Production: Limited
  • Material: Phrik(outer plating), agrinium(bodyglove, under-plating)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances
- Blasters: Average
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: High
- Radiation: Very High
- Sonic: Low
- Ion/EMP: Average
- Environmental: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Climate controlled and hermetically sealed, allowing for protection against vacuum.
  • Helmet is fitted with same features as standard Sith armor
Strengths:
  • The use of phrik plating, thin as it is, allows for a significant degree of protection against lightsabers.
  • The use of an agrinium bodyglove and under-plating of the armor allows for essential immunity to radiation of all types.
Weaknesses:
  • Radtrooper armor is less feature-ridden than standard Sith armor. It is also less protective against blaster and ballistic weapons than standard Sith armor, an unfortunate side effect of it being designed to defend against radiation only.
DESCRIPTION
The usage of rad-rifles and atomic munitions by a select group of stormtroopers and Dark Troopers under the command of Vanessa Vantai required a specialized suit of armor. DCMM had past experience with the creation of the Agrinium Rad-Exoskeleton, intended less for combat and more for industrial work in radioactive locations, but the active use of high-radiation weaponry meant that a purpose-built suit of armor was needed in order to provide these 'radtroopers' with a means of adequately defending themselves.

Radtrooper armor is for the most part simplistic - an inner agrinium bodyglove provides modest protection from the elements and hostile fire. Less than the standard legionnaire bodyglove, but still adequate. The armor plates are a bimetallic composite - a thin outer layer of phrik and an inner layer of agrinium. The phrik provides the armor's defensive capabilities - including protection against lightsabers - but is less durable than standard legionnaire armor plates when used against blasters and ballistic weaponry. The agrinium, on the other hand, fully encompasses all parts of the body, leaving no portion of the wearer's skin exposed to any sort of radiation. This allows radtroopers to operate in extremely radioactive environments without having to rely on large quantities of antiradiation drugs, and also prevents them from suffering radiation poisoning at the hands of their own weapons' fallout. The armor was designed specifically with this purpose in mind - and given their unique role, radtrooper armor bears a noted resemblance to the ancient Scout Trooper armor of the Galactic Empire. The decrease in defensive capabilities was deemed acceptable given it was expected enemies would not actively attempt to engage radtroopers in radioactive areas - as of the armor's introduction, no hostile force possessed equipment that would allow them to survive in such hostile environments, giving radtroopers an advantage over their hostile contemporaries.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Hi, a nice submission here. I just have 1 thing to bring to your attention.

As it currently stands this armour is extremely unbalanced. I would recommend that you reduce 3 ratings on the armour to prevent the armour from being reported at a later date.

Please tag me back to let me know what you wish to do, as usual I am happy to approve the armour as it currently stands if you wish.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Thank you for making the adjustments, in the future could you also tag me here so that we can keep track of the adjustments and conversations for future reference.

There is one more thing, I noticed the armour has an extreme radiation resistance. As per the factory rules, which can be found here, only unique armours may have extreme resistances. I'll have to ask that you please drop that rating to comply with factory rules. You can, of course, increase one other rating to maintain a balance in your armour.

Please tag me back when you have made the adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom