Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sith-Imperial Storm Armor Mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Technoid Manufactorum
  • Affiliation: Sith Empire ; Imperial Armed Forces
  • Model: Sith-Imperial Storm Armor Mk. III
  • Modularity: Yes, very high.
    • Jet/Jump-pack mount
    • Grav-chute mount
    • Mountable chest-rig and plate-carrier.
    • Can be given Camouflage coating.
    • Wrist and shoulder mounts.
    • Helmet can be mounted with visor.
    • Commander Pauldrons / cloaks.
    • Camouflage ponchos, cloaks and shawls.
    • Waist kama.
    • Reinforced brow impact plate.
    • High-Altitude enhanced oxygen re-breather mount.
    • Other modifications at the taste of the wearer
  • Production: Minor ; Closed Market
  • Material:
    • Reinforced duraplast with reinforced ceramic composite.
    • Armorweave bodyglove.
    • Ionic Insulating materials.
    • Thermal impact gel.
    • Reactive fabric.
59c5b416a229c009f98f55d4b754b56e.jpg
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: Average
    • Environmental: Average
    • Sonic: Low
    • EMP: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Composite Armor: The composited armor of the Storm armor always for a more light-weight alternative to the standard titanium weave which provides comparable protection at the expensive of added thickness to the armor plating, thus requiring the armor to have more frequent gaps between plates to maintain ideal maneuverability. The composite of duraplast and ceramic in particular allows for protection rated against small arms caliber blaster bolts and kinetic slugs whilst the composite ceramic is able to withstand smaller-scale explosions and shrapnel.
  • Comfort and range of movement: Designed for use by more specialized infantry units the armor pattern possesses a better range of movement than its standardized counter part, creating a highly mobile infantryman. The more conservative distribution of armor plates also allows for better long-term comfort by the wearer.
WEAKNESSES
  • Exposed surface area: The armor design allows for greater maneuverability at no cost for protection but leaves more of the armorweave fatigues beneath exposed meaning a heightened chance of a lethal blow from projectile weapons.
  • EMPs: Strong electromagnetic pulses are almost certain to knock out many of the armor's more advanced systems, shredding a great deal of its tactical potential.
DESCRIPTION
The Sith-Imperial 'Storm' combat armor was originally designed and modified from the Mk. III Legionnaire armor pattern. Created from the need by several commanders for a more maneuverable armor set to be distributed to specialized units. Fit for jump-troops, recon units and standard infantry alike.

2/21/2020
  • Changed resistances (Removed disruptors and shrapnel protection ; upgraded lightsabers to average and downgraded elemental to average.)
  • Changed model name and title.
  • Fixed formatting.
  • Added Technoid Manufactorum as manufacturer.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar

Production: Minor - Faction Wide (TSE)

Just a small formatting hiccup here, but please can you fix so it is readily clear for people reading the sub.

The duraplast able to absorb smaller caliber kinetic and blaster bolts whilst the ceramic composite is able to absorb
Half-finished sentence here. I think this might skate us towards an amendment, but i'll let you finish your thought before I fully review here.

Weaknesses are fine, however.

Runi Verin

Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar

Sorry, my bad, I should have been clearer in my request. My issue with the Production was it was being snatched under Modularity. I'd rather it be clearly separate as it is a balance rating, please and thank you.
The duraplast able to absorb smaller caliber kinetic and blaster bolts whilst the ceramic composite is able to absorb the blow from smaller explosions
From previous factory reports, I know all too well that absorb can be taken as functional immunity when people come to use such submissions in pvp. I also know that simply isn't your intent here, however. That said, I'd recommend replacing absorb in the two instances here with perhaps 'rated against' or something to that general effect. I feel this would better reflect what you're after here and make it a touch clearer to any users.

Please tag me when you've made the necessary changes.

Runi Verin

Moved to Pre-Factory as per author's request. Please remember to make a note at the bottom of your submission summarizing the changes you have made and tag a member of the Factory Staff once you're ready for active judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom