Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Sith Are Banned From Korriban, Right? (Korriban)

370d9lz.png

Korriban. She'd been to the academy here, once. So long ago it felt. Not that she looked any different than she had at the time. The blessing and curse of the Sangnir left her unchanging, unaging. Maybe that'd be a blessing here, today, though. The subtle changes in her face she could do were enough to fool most people. Those who didn't know her at least. And how many people actually knew her here anymore? She laughed. Loudly. Which got a couple odd stares from the people around her.

Right. Alina cleared her throat and fixed the sunglasses she wore to cover the golden glow of her eyes. She was in plain clothes, the plainest she owned. Jeans, tank top. The only odd thing was how pale she was and how white her hair was. But then again, there were plenty of species in the galaxy right?

She moved closer to the door of the shuttle she was on. The Sith Academy, though that wasn't what it was anymore huh? Church of Ashla, or something? The Sith rolled her eyes and tightened the grip on the railing above her. Whatever. She had business there.

Darth Razarač Darth Razarač

onandaga-cave-pool-david-coblitz.jpg

A Terrible Fate has Befallen You Hasn't It?

Hazel eyes would snap open, the figure in the pool made a large gasp as water filled into his lungs. The entire body felt as if a fire was lit on his body, he could barely move, let alone breath yet he felt a resurgence of energy. Frantically moving his arms, the figure got his bearings and swam upwards, his lungs screaming for air till he pierced the top of the water, letting out a tremendous gasp of air with a few bits of coughing to remove the water in his lungs. Looking side to side, the cave he was in was rather dark, save for the illumination of the pool. Where was he?

Getting out of the pool of water, he felt a sudden chill go around his body, he was unclothed. This was...rather unusual. Every few steps, he felt the body he was now in falter, as if it was learning to walk. Memories were vague but he did remember, there was numerous people around and blaster fire everywhere...till one hit him, then nothing. It was nothing for a long time till he awakened, walking through the cave with nothing more than his wits. After a few minutes, the figure started to walk with more purpose, noticing an opening in the cave outwards. There in front, stood a lone figure to oppose the other, walking towards the naked figure.

"Halt, where did you come from and state your business!"
"I came from a pool, I just woke up, I-"
"A heretic from the Sith Pools! You will be sent back to Ashla for Judgement you agent of Bogan!"

Something metallic was unsheathed, the robed figure heading towards him at high speeds in white clothing. The human figure would go into a stance for combat, dodging to the side when the sword came down and on instinct, grabbed the zealots head. A burst of light erupted from the naked figures hand, not of a white light but of red and soon a extremely loud scream could be heard from the cave. Within a few seconds, there was silence as the head became nothing more than heated bone, falling backwards onto the ground defeated.

The naked figure stood there for a moment, not believing what he just had to do. Lowing his hand slowly as it smoked, he looked side to side before deciding, leaning over to take the set of white robes and the vibrosword, placing it on as it now resembled from the smoke, something of gray clothing. Tightening it on, he merely looked side to side before exitting out of the caves mouth, being blinded by the bright sun of Korriban, not knowing why he was brought here...or who that person was attacking him, more than that, what is an Ashla?

Karking hell this place sucked. Like seriously. Even before the academy had been relocated to the new planet, before these zelots had taken over the place, Korriban had sucked. The harsh sun, the even harsher landscape, and the brutal animals that called it home all had made it a terrible place to live. Now that these Aslan knobheads were in control it was doubly so. And yet here Tallania was, pushing a garbage cart through the halls she once walked seven years ago now surrounded by the enemy. Why was she here? Well that was a bit of a story.

Tallania was not a very good student, especially when it came to classes about the Force, and the main teacher in charge of those classes, a grumpy old man by the name of Darth Corvis, hated her guts. It didn't help that her little stunt in the raid had earned her some favor with the higher ups. Not much, but enough to cement her status as a thorn in Corvis' side. So what did he do? He gave her an impossible mission: Sneak into the Korriban academy, retrieve an artifact the headmaster had left behind when he fled the planet, and bring it back to him. He was probably expecting her to be killed just getting in. But she would show him. She'd show all of them. And then maybe someone would take her seriously enough to train her.

Adjusting her cap Tallania nodded to a couple of patrolling guards, who gave the oddly short janitor a look before carrying on. Once they were around the corner she slipped into what used to be the headmaster's room, now probably the bedroom of the pope or whoever was in charge, and locked the door. Luckily for her no one was home and she could search for the safe in peace.

zOIcum2.png
"Ideas Forgotten, you are cleared for landing pad Two-Niner. Ashla guide you."

"Received, Ashla guide you."

Anthysius furrowed his brow as he returned the customary greeting. Ashlan piety was, frankly, quite revolting to one such as he, combining subservience, conformity and trust in the weakness of the Light into a single stew.

But appearances need must be kept.

As he guided the shuttle into the pad, he activated the automated landing sequence before exiting the cockpit, making sure he looked the part of Griff Tordana, "professional collector". Anthysius pulled over a worn duster, its browns faded into grey, and scooped up the tramp freighter pilot helmet he'd left on the bunk.

A small jolt in the ship alerted him to its landing, and he made his way to the exit ramp.

"They are attempting to board us," Argus called from the side of the passenger hold. A tall man covered from head-to-toe in cybernetics, he stood almost as still as a statue while he monitored the exterior cameras from a panel on the wall. "Shall I activate countermeasures."

"It's just a routine inspection," Issan sighed from the other side of the hold. Like her lord, she was paying close attention to her appearances, tying her hair up in a slack ponytail and picking a worn, wide-brimmed hat to suit her jacket and boots. To keep up Anthysius' cover identities over the years, these two retainers had much experience in adjusting appearances, though clearly one preferred the subterfuge more than the other.

"Then I will cover my iron." Argus knew that his extensive cybernetics frequently drew attention and suspicion, and thus, in order to serve his master's wishes, he knew when to cover them up in black robes.

"Very good. This should not take too long. I do not wish to be late to the pickup point."

Anthysius strode over to the exit ramp and hit the switch. The familiar hateful air of Korriban washed into the hold as he stepped out to greet the docking attendants.

"Howdy, officers! You'll see everything's in order. Try not to damage anything, eh?"

zOIcum2.png

While Argus waited on the ship, Anthysius- now Griff- led Issan past the spaceport and out onto the open dust plains of Korriban. Walking for an hour, Anthysius pondered the spaceport and the buildings that now dotted some of the old valley roads. Heknew that most other Sith would recoil at the changes wrought on the Death Womb of the Sith, but he could not be bothered to care much. Korriban was always the most tedious are dreadful of the Sith academy worlds. A twisted sense of meritocracy meant that the planet and its prestigious academy was always overflowing with riff-raff clawing at each other and braying for the chance to be noticed and accepted as Sith, a sordid tradition stretching back to Vitiate's Empire.

Anthysius heard Issan scoff aloud as they passed an old Sith outpost built into the side of a valley wall, its edifice demolished and covered in cris-crossing scaffolding. Of course, she did have some affection for the place, as one of those raised from the rabble into the hallowed ranks of the Sith Order. At least her kind gave Anthysius the respect he was due. The Stygian nobles, those were always the worst. Korriban's elite were by far the most obnoxious, though why they were proud to be inheritors of the most secure Sith possession was beyond-

"M'lord." Anthysius focussed ahead of him. He didn't need to be told, for he felt an emanation from the Force dead ahead. Down this dusty, dirt road leading into nowhere was a single speeder, idling several hundred metres away from the pair. Several figures waited around it, and Anthysius spotted a cargo crate loaded onto the speeder. The emanations must be from there. This was definitely the meeting point.

"Stay sharp."

The pair walked to within earshot of the group.

"Ho there, friends! It's a lovely day to be out and about on shiny Moraband, eh?"

The leader of the group, a Gran dressed in armour that must have passed for "Stromtrooper-chic", strode up to the pair.

"Cut the noise. You Griff?"

"Well, an old birdie told me to meet someone who-"

"Yeah it's you. You here for the junk?"

Anthysius paused for a beat to keep his emotion at baseline.

"Junk? Don't tell me you manhandled a priceless beaut-"

"Yeah yeah whatever. It's all Sith junk these days, otherwise, the Ashers would've gotten their mitts on it," he paused for a beat, turning his head to the left and spitting onto the baking sand. "No offense, buddy."

Anthysius looked to the Gran's left. A hooded figure. It nodded, and Anthysius almost gasped as the sunlight revealed crimson cheek tendrils in that motion. Sith pureblood. Highly unusual. What was someone like that doing with this gang of tomb robbers? He's after the artifacts.

"Well, I would like to see it nonetheless. And I would appreciate if you didn't cut me off-"

"We don't have the merchandise, fella."

Anthysius blinked.

"What?"

"Said we don't have it. Turns out the stuff you want was moved to the old Academy, which in turn is, as you no doubt know, stuffed under the folds of the Church."

Anthysius breathed slowly. The Pureblood seemed to sense his anger and stood up slightly straighter.

"So you have nothing. You brought me out here for nothing."

"Well here's the thing: it's your lucky day, because we don't have nothing. We have many a thing." Another of the Gran's followers, a Zabrak female, whistled, and the other two humans, probably low-ranking grunts, hauled the box off the speeder and dumped it on the ground, sending sand flying. A crowbar appeared in the Zabrak's hands, and she popped the top off the crate. As the Gran dug through the pile of items to display, Anthysius felt his annoyance and anger build.

"We did hit a good haul: ancient saber hilts, old parchment -perfectly preserved of course-, holocron fragments, even got an ancient power cell, Second Old Period, very good price. And many tomb masks, a piece of terentatek chitin-"

"Trash. It's all trash. You scum."

The Force emanations were not from the crate, Anthysius knew now. It was from the Pureblood. An uncomfortable silence stretched on as Anthysius glowered at the Gran, who nonchalantly chucked some trinket back into the box. A ripple of movement under the Pureblood's robes. Issan shifted her stance.

"I take it you don't think this is worth the payment."

"No."

"Well, that's rough, because... we might have a problem."

"You've not offered me the item I paid you for, and nothing worth a fraction of the price you so insolently demand, cur."

Anthysius could feel his rage building inside him, roiling off him almost like a wave. The Pureblood was definitely shifting uncomfortably. He knew.

"Look, I'll sweeten the deal. Information, for free. The artifact you want? It's in the 3rd archive level of the Church, Unit 472A. Just a freebie, okay, to go with these other artifacts to compensate-"

"You call these artifacts? That, my friend, is junk. Trash, debris, copies of copies of noth-"

"Now just simmer down-"

A blaster flashed out from under clothing, sharp movement. The crack of a blaster bolt, and the snap-hiss of a lightsaber on unsacred ground. Everything halted, even the wind, as the Gran slumped onto his knees, a gaping hole in his evidently useless chest armour. An infinitesimal infinity passed as he collapsed, face-first, into the sand, the red glow of Issan's lightsaber seeming to outshine the glowing sun.

"I told you not to interrupt me."

The Pureblood, whose blaster had fired the fatal, reflected, shot, roared as he fired again and again at Issan, foolishly ignoring her master. Before the other three ruffians could draw their blasters, Anthysius drew his sidearm and felled the two humans with a single burst. The Zabrak drew her weapon, a slug thrower shotgun, and fired.

Anthysius lifted his other hand and unleashed his anger into a solid wall of energy. The pellets stopped, then flew back towards the Pureblood and the Zabrak. The former seemed to disappear for a moment, so fast was his dodge, while the latter fell backward as pellets impacted her skin. Advancing as one, Anthysius drew his own lightsaber as he and Issan closed the gap with the enemy in the space of a heartbeat, lightsabers flashing.

The Zabrak fell, almost bisected at the waist, while the Pureblood lasted a smidge longer, parrying Issan's lightsaber with a vibroblade while she ignited her second lightsaber into his guts. His blade fell from his fingers as Issan drew back her weapons, the Pureblood's corpse falling with a wet thud. The entire fight had lasted just under thirteen seconds.

Issan pulled a loose strand of hair from her eyes, licking her lips.

"Sorry, milord. I really needed that. At least he told us where to find your father's armour."

"He had it coming. We head for the academy," Anthysius ordered, gunning the speeder's engine as Issan rifled through the pockets of the dead smugglers for useful items.

"Just in case they have any other information that might lead to the heirloom, sire."

Anthysius grunted.

"The crate?"

"Leave it."

Issan hopped into the speeder, several datadisks in hand, nodding. The pair sped off towards the academy, and the desert was silent again.

zOIcum2.png

When the speeder ran out of power, they were still several hours away from the academy, but only a minute from a shuttle station, its clean and gilded lines standing in stark contrast with Korriban's dire surroundings. The pair ditched the speeder, making sure not to leave any evidence. They flashed the transport cards they'd picked from the corpses of the smugglers and entered the stuffy, marginally air-conditioned interior of the shuttle.

As they pushed their way past the crowded exit (why do they always stand by the exit if they're not exiting) Anthysius stiffened. He sensed another Sith.

"Over there." Issan pointed. Anthysius picked the person out of the crowd almost immediately. Even if he was not Sith, it would have been obvious that Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru stood out from the crowd: large shades, long white hair, and a perfectly preserved Sangnir physique in almost overly casual clothes that contrasted with the average dour Ashlan on Korriban. What was she doing here?

"She might have a way into the Church, something we, unfortunately, lack at the moment." In his mind, Anthysius cursed again the smuggler that failed to retrieve the heirloom. Even if the Sangnir did not help him, he could probably find another way into the Church.

They shuffled through the press of bodies on the shuttle and stood beside the other Sith.

"My lady. Fancy seeing you around these parts."

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

Alina immediately stiffened. And shot the stranger a glare from above her sunglasses. Every part of her immediately wanted to punch whoever it was that dared to call her Lady here of all places. Among the Ashlans. Even if it was just a noble title, the eyes it would bring were completely unwelcome. She bit back that initial anger though. Whoever this was, she didn't recognize them.

And unable to feel the Force, she wasn't about to reveal herself.

"You have the wrong person. Move along."

Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra | Darth Razarač Darth Razarač

The safe wasn't hard to find, the wall panel it was supposed to be hidden behind was wide open revealing a large black box inside. The box had been a lot harder to break into it seemed, judging from the scratches and score marks that littered its surface. There was even some slag from where someone had tried to cut in with a plasma torch. Good quality stuff this safe was made of.

Brushing off the keypad Tallania pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket and started punching in numbers. She hoped, prayed even, that the code Corvis had given her was not just random. Much to her surprise the door unlatched. Apparently the old codger hadn't been making things up. Already feeling like the job was done Tallania smiled and opened the safe. Inside she found several stacks of papers, a pile of data cards, and several bags of credits. What really stood out to her however was a small red pyramid sitting towards the back.

"A holocron?" She asked no one in particular, reaching in and pulling it out. She'd never actually seen one before but from what she heard they were supposed to be a bit bigger than this. Like seriously this thing was tiny. She could hold it between her thumb and one finger no problem. Was this what she had been sent after? She had her doubts but this was the only thing in the safe that could really count as an artifact. So shrugging her shoulders, Tallania pocketed the tiny holocron thing and sifted through the papers to see if they were hiding anything. Finding nothing else she closed the safe. it was time to leave. She made her way back to the entrance, gave the room one last lookover, and opened the door.

And found herself face to face with the two guards she had passed earlier.

"Oh shab..."

zOIcum2.png
"You have the wrong person. Move along."

Issan visibly tensed at the comment, but Anthysius gave a slight shake of his head. She was right to be imperious: He was too direct, lacking discretion. And he had not been clear about his lack of hostile intent. Not that mere words would dissuade someone in her situation from thinking so, but still.

"Perhaps. After all, I think the person I had in mind would be more discreet regarding masking their... presence, in the heart of, well, a place such as this. Fortunately, I do not mean that person any harm, and have no intent in taking advantage of that lack of... countermeasures. I would be looking for information."

Ignoring the fact that he too had neglected to find ways to mask his own presence in the heart of the enemy. Though he had not expected to have to detour from the smugglers. Curse those idiots!

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Last edited:
It had been only been a mere hour since his awakening from the depths of Korriban, his eyes darting around as he tried to understand his new surroundings. People were muttering and talking amongst each other, in robes that he did not clearly understand. This...supposed Church of Ashla as he kept hearing whispers over, seemed to be some form of religious zealots that have taken over the area. Clearly, a lot has happened since his untimely death. Wandering through the small alleyways near the landing pad, he noticed very few beggers, most appearing to be blind as they were holding out hands to ask for assistance. Eying the large structure, most likely the church, in the distance, he started to move forward, only to feel the hands of one of the beggers clasp onto Mitharas gray robes, his eyes entirely grey when looking upwards.

"Dear man, do you happen to have the time?"
"I afraid I do not...sun is high but the heat is not foreboding."
"So I can feel, do you happen to have a spare credit?"
"I am sorry but I have none of my own, I just got here on accident."
"Accident you say? You don't seem like the kind of man to be in an accident."
"Quite perceptive for a blind man, who are you?"
"I should ask you the same, man of darkness."
"A man of wh-"
"BOGAN! MEN UP!"

Before even the human glanced up around him, a stun rod came from the beggers oversized robes and stabbed directly into Mithara. Eyes wide, he shook hard as more stun rods came out and stabbed his sides, bringing the human to lay prone on the ground. The human was completely covered from the crowd, rather discretely from view as one unsheathed a dagger and got onto Mitharas back, pulling back on the hair when an unfamiliar voice filled his mind. The voice terrified him, he had never heard of something like this before. It spoke with authority, as if it was in command and in control at any moment. The arm went around the humans neck and pulled back, exposing it as the dagger was placed underneath it, the blade starting to piece part of his skin. At that moment, he finally felt the blade pierce into the skin, blood running down the blade and feeling fear beyond all control. Mithara relented, he did not wish to die, he did not wish to end into death again, Mithara felt his body change into a bright red and then a sudden black light, not very bright but it burned like an roaring inferno as the blade burned into the fake beggers hand, forcing him to drop it. Mitharas body jolted with adrenaline, feeling something beyond anything he ever felt before, his hazel eyes felt like they were completely on fire and quickly jumped to his feet.
Rather suddenly, without having any more control, the left arm of his shot out and gripped the nearby ambushers face as the man was burnt to a crisp. The others seem to prepare themselves in the Force, trying to do something only for the walls nearby to sprout black tendrils, gripping onto the nearby ambushers and slamming them violently into the opposite wall and ground. One of the tendrils would grasp onto Mitharas own body, having a strange sense of empowerment flowing through it and within himself, then was propelled upwards like a juggling act out of the alleyway and thrown upwards above the rooftops. It was a weightless feeling, being completely upwards into the air, only to feel a dark tendril spring out from a nearby building and grasp onto the blackened fire body of his, throwing him violently away from the fight and slamming-no, phasing through the walls of some unknown building.

Mitharas body rolling onto the floor, it would happen to be in possibly the worst place to be inside. The Church of Ashla itself and on what floor? Whatever the equivalent to the head of church, the pope with the most, the master of all masters, the head of the church, they know it, they love them or in Mitharas case, completely hate now with a pure passion for the hell he just been put through. Slowly pushing himself off the floor, somehow the fire producing from his own body not catching the floor on fire, he stared at two guards from across the hallway as the thing in his mind, did not want to let go just yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------​

The two guards stared down at the supposed janitor known as Darth Razarač Darth Razarač , probably not believing one moment why a person such as her, even has clearance of access to this very important room. However, before anyone can determine their intelligence or lack thereof, there was a stumbling noise from the far side of the hallway. One of the guards, would happen to look over with a rather slow glance, probably assuming it was some poor excuse of a newer model mouse droid. Before a word could be uttered, much less even spoken for, one of the black tendrils erupted from the side of the hallway and stabbed through the cranium of the guard and forming on the end an ax like blade, pulled back violently as the body quickly pulled from the doorways view. The other guard hearing it, tried to yell something, only for a tendril to sprout from the ceiling and grip onto the guards head, pulling hard upwards as a pop noise could be heard before it dropped to the ground. The guards neck would be dislocated, unable to move as if now paralyzed. The tendril would then vanish back through the ceiling, slithering back from wherever it just came from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------​

The guard that got pulled from the side, was now next to the black flaming body of Mithara, gripping with his left hand as it drained the lifeforce of whatever was left of the body. Turning it into a husk, it was thrown to the side as it became useless, Mitharas body slowly turning back to his regular human self as he shuddered rather violently. It went from extreme heat to extreme cold, then back to room temperature. His eyes glancing towards the side, a hallway mirror showed the cut on his neck was now completely healed and his body uncharred. However in the reflection, the figure representing him acted vastly different in his eyes. Pointing towards itself, it then pointed to Mithara with a wicked grin before looking to the side. Mithara looking down the hall then back at the mirror, it reverted to himself completely. Turning towards the body, Mithara came to a very quick conclusion from this...strange moment.

Revival had some form of price and it seemed to be completely bonkers.

STRENGTH GAINED: Force Wraith Power
WEAKNESS GAINED: Feed Me!
WEAKNESS GAINED: I Am In Control!
WEAKNESS GAINED: Dark Side Magnet.

370d9lz.png

Chit.

She'd forgotten the amulet again. The paranoia of being hunted every day had her treasure the thing like a second skin. But returning to the Sith? Well, it probably would've stood out more to have the odd looking thing on her than to not. Didn't change the part where she wanted to slug this guy in the face. If only to cover her own mistakes. Another needless breath to still her mind, though her grip on the railing already had the metal creaking under her strength.

".. Right. Here for the temple, then? I hear they're offering a.. Tour."

Sure. Why wouldn't they.

Her gaze shifted back to Anthysius, a begrudging sort of smile on her lips. "I guess that means we're travel partners, in a way."

Mithara Cohen Mithara Cohen | Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra | Darth Razarač Darth Razarač

Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Mithara Cohen Mithara Cohen Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Darth Razarač Darth Razarač

kP1KTsJ.png

In a quiet alcove within the church complex sat a man clutching an Ashlan rosary in his hands, thumbing at the beads as he prayed. He wore simple, rather plain clothing, white with a mixture of blue and gold; it was the sort of outfit that might lead one to mistake him for a member of the clergy at first glance. He wore a mask over his eyes, which to those familiar with his people marked him as Miraluka. Though he had no eyes with which to see, the man could see better than most who would pass through this consecrated place.

After the cataclysmic events of Tython, Jeren felt he needed not only to recuperate mentally and spiritually, but to find some opportunity for growth, however small it may be. While the Sith'ari had been defeated, and his dark ritual prevented from coming to fruition, some part of the Juror continued nagging at him, reminding him of his own failures on the dying world. He had failed to play any pivotal role in defeating the Maw, and indeed had failed to put an end even to the one powerful Sith with whom he had fought. Each of Ashla's children was called to do their part to the best of their ability, but Jeren felt that a man in his position was called to continually improve himself, give more, and do more for Ashla.

So here he was, on Korriban of all places. The world had been consecrated and purified to some extent since the Sith had been driven from the world, but there was still darkness here. It simmered beneath the surface, suppressed but not entirely gone. Jeren wondered if a place like this could ever truly be cleansed of the taint of the Bogan that infested it to its very core. If so, it would no doubt take a very, very long time. In the meantime, however, this planet presented an unusual opportunity for Jeren to better connect with Ashla. He was a man who spent much of his life working in the shadows, tracking down and eliminating servants of the darkness. Such a life could make even Jurors jaded. There was something to be said for being in a place that had been at the epicenter of so much darkness for millennia, and seeing and feeling the victory of the Light over even a place like this. There was much to learn not only from the documents, holocrons, and other artifacts here within the church—and indeed, on all of Korriban—but also from the impression in the Force that sensitives like him could perceive.

He raised his head, listening. Not to the people within the church, but to what he could sense through the Force. There was... something unusual happening. He could not discern what exactly it was, but it tugged at the edges of his mind regardless.

At length the Miraluka man stood, stretching his arms and legs. Placing the rosary in a pocket, he set off. If something was awry here, he would surely find it.

5m5qOKV.png

"Holy-!" Tallania cried out, watching in shock and awe as the black tendrils assaulted the guards. She knew that Korriban was home to some twisted things but whatever that was... that was unnatural. The body dropped to the floor and the tendril slithered away and Tallania stared, mouth open, in the direction it left. She could feel the darkness radiating from there, a darkness so deep it left her chilled to the bones. Whatever it was it was too dark, too powerful, and too dangerous. It may have saved her, but chances were it was just coincidence and if she stuck around she might be next. Plus if she had felt it any Jedi in the area probably had too and would probably come swarming.

She shook her head and looked down at the man whose neck had been dislocated, muttering "Rough luck buddy." before sprinting down the hall. She turned left at the end, took a right, slipped through a door, dashed down another short passage and took another left. With only a few more turns till the exit she thought she was home free, but then she rounded a corner and nearly ran into someone.

"Kark!" She exclaimed, tripping over herself in an attempt not to collide with the man. Tumbling to the ground she rolled over to see who she had nearly ran over. Well, maybe it was closer to him running her over. The dude was tall. Like really tall. He was dressed like one of the clergy, which almost gave Tallania a heart attack, but it seemed he was also blind. So not saying anything she scrambled to her feet and attempted to continue running.

Jeren Kestros Jeren Kestros

zOIcum2.png
".. Right. Here for the temple, then? I hear they're offering a.. Tour."
"Yes, I hear they might be displaying some archival artifacts under the temple. In the structure from... before. I'd like to see them."
"I guess that means we're travel partners, in a way."
Anthysius bowed slightly.

"It would be an honour. Visits to landmarks are always so much better with others. You may call me Griff, purveyor of baubles, old and new. This here is my traveling companion, Rintera." Issan gave a cold smile.

Next Station: Church East Nexus. Alight for transit to the North Valley Line, Downtown Transit Line
"Looks our stop is coming up."

zOIcum2.png

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"Ali. A.. Pleasure." Yeah she wasn't entirely sure if it was. Having a second Sith to work with was dangerous, if this Griff was a Sith. Hard to tell, without the ability to feel the Force. She turned her gaze off, peering outside the tram as the announcement came. They were nearing their destination. At least it confirmed that they were allies, in one way shape or form. The Sangnir lifted her purse, which really only had her lightsaber buried under useless things like makeup and such.

No sooner did they step off that she felt immediate annoyance, though.

Before them, not a Sith Academy, but a church of Ashla. They actually turned the academy into a church? Erasing the past wasn't the path forward, for anyone. That's how people ended up ignorant! No, no. She let out a sigh. Closed her eyes before starting to walk forward again. That was fine. The less people knew about the Sith, the more likely they'd of dug their own graves.

That was fine.

"Well, Griff, shall we see the church?"

Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra | Darth Razarač Darth Razarač | Jeren Kestros Jeren Kestros

zOIcum2.png

"Of course. Ladies first," he gestured, as they headed towards the massive and overwrought church.

While Anthysius kept pace with Ali (who was really leading the way), Issan brought up the rear. As they walked up the main stairs, stretching wide and high enough as to distort the periphery of one's vision in typical Ashlan grandiosity, Anthysius realised the hustle and bustle of the hundreds of Ashlans going to and fro would help to obscure any entrance attempt that Ali had in mind.

And speaking of that...

"I would never take advantage of your assistance without paying it forward, so to speak. If you wish for any of the... baubles in the underground archives, I would be willing and able to assist you in that. As long as we find a tour into the old Academy, of course."

zOIcum2.png

Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Mithara Cohen Mithara Cohen Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Darth Razarač Darth Razarač

kP1KTsJ.png

As he moved, Jeren found himself reaching out through the Force further and further. He could sense the throngs of worshippers and other visitors in the church, the ebb and flow of energy as the Force touched on all things there. He could

Consumed as he was in his farsight, he only just noticed the small, young girl barreling through the hallways right toward him at the last moment. She stumbled as she tried desperately to avoid him; Jeren for his part stepped quickly aside. Not quick as graceful as he might have liked, but the combination of their movements kept them from slamming into each other.

"Woah, where are you off to in such a hurry?" Jeren turned in the direction of the girl, smiling. Without a word she darted off again, sprinting back through the halls. "Hey!" He called after her, but she didn't seem to be paying him any attention. The friendly expression shifted to one of confusion, then of curiosity.

Something about the girl was off. Jeren could feel the taint of the Bogan in many places on Korriban, but something about her felt different. It was as if it clung to her more readily than it would to others, refusing to let go. It was something that reminded him of feelings he got around followers of the Bogan, acolytes of the Dark Side of the Force. Surely that girl wasn't one, though. Surely Korriban was doing what it always did, tainting what was good and right in the galaxy. Right?

He turned on his heel and followed after her, moving again vaguely in the direction of the more populated areas of the church. She continued running, but Jeren simply walked at a quicker pace. She might have rounded corners or otherwise gotten out of the sight of one with eyes. For a Miraluka, particularly a Luka Sene, that wouldn't be enough by itself. He could still see her and could still follow her.

He needed to be sure, and as a Juror it was his duty to be sure that no followers of the Bogan had infiltrated this place. If they had, they would need to be dealt with.

5m5qOKV.png

Tallania wasn't concerned about the blind man following her. How could he keep up in this maze without being able to see? After a long hall she turned a final corner and paused in front of the door leading to the main complex to catch her breath. Beyond this door were countless zealots going about their day doing... zealot things? It didn't matter what they were doing as long as they pay her any mind. And they shouldn't. They hadn't when she had gone in disguised as a janitor so they shouldn't have any problem with her coming out as one. Just in case though she had an excuse prepared. After that it was simple. Get to the bathroom, ditch the disguise, mingle in with a group of tourists and stick with them until they left the planet. Easy-peasy.

Plan in mind, she took a deep breath and opened the door, stepping out into the busy chamber...

370d9lz.png

"Stop, with the lady thing." She muttered just as she passed by this Griff, a frown clear on her face. Too on the nose, given the fanatics currently occupying this world. Anything more that screamed Sith about her and she might as well have put on the damn black robe she had tucked away. Alina none the less kept close to the fellow Sith. At least, she'd come to the assumption that's what he was.

"I've only one thing I'm here for, so feel free to keep whatever else you might find. Provided we don't get caught."

A quickened heartbeat. Her eyes narrowed as she looked through the crowd as they stepped through. Someone was running. Another was chasing, perhaps? Ah, that wasn't a good sign. Sure enough, her hidden eyes fell upon Tallania, and for now she just watched. What had the girl's heartrate through the roof?

Darth Razarač Darth Razarač | Jeren Kestros Jeren Kestros | Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra Anthysius Soraysom-Calimondra

Mithara only got a mere glimpse of a person running away from the scene, apparently someone not to be around or was an escort? Either way, he already had made a lot of trouble, he would not be surprised if the entire church was about to descend onto the scene. Not noticing the one following the lady, he turned and walked forward to a double set of doors as they burst open to reveal two individuals, staring directly at Mithara and the dead body behind it, a husk now. The two in robes looked at the body then Mithara, an odd grin came from Mithara as the two pulled their own vibroblades and charged forward. Taking out his own vibroblade, he started to duel rather poorly against them, not generally accustomed to this fighting style as he thought on using Pyrokinesis...except.

There was sprinkler systems, all throughout this hallway. One wrong move to make a flamethrower and he will trigger the alarm throughout the whole church, as if not bad enough to announce he was here, that could be the penultimate way to make this day even worse. A slash downwards cut the gray robe Mithara wore, almost losing some of his skin! Flicking the blade upward, he cut the hand of one of the guards by luck, forcing him to drop his vibroblade. Yet another slash cut into Mitharas back from the other guard, giving a rather large gash due to the vibroblade nature. It was extremely painful as he bit down to not scream, his left hand on instinct shoving out as one of the black tendrils erupted from the wall behind the guard and slammed him roughly into the opposite wall, the crackling of broken bones being heard.

Breathing heavily, he gripped onto the other guard as he felt the other entity take over, draining the life once again from the other guard till it was a husk like skeleton of a human. Starting to catch his breath, he felt the cut was mainly healed but it still become pained, as if just patched over. Standing up slowly, he overlooked the bodies and grabbed the one that had been killed from being shoved into the wall. Disrobing the individual, he would take off his damaged robes and place over the guards robes, tightening them up before laying the gray robes on the dead body. They don't know a face, least he hoped not.

Gripping onto his robes, Mithara heard the voice in his head speak. Failure, needing trained, needing to have discipline...he had no idea what to make of all of this. Moving a bit slowly, he felt rather overtaken by the amount of information coursing through his brain. Glancing to the side, pressed against the wall on instinct, a pair of guards quickly moved past him with blasters. The mind spoke on just good fortune then heard it command to keep moving, least they both die in this miserable place. Turning around a nearby corner, he glanced at a large set of doors that were already partially open. Pushing through them, he was in a room full of zealots, worshippers and the like, he felt a great unease in being in such a large room, but with his newer guard disguise, maybe it would fool them. Going through the crowd slowly, he kept his head down but could not help...but feel eyes all around him.

The Force was incredibly untamed on Mithara, as if a match that can be struck and waved to one side or the other. While most may have an idea of Bogan being inside him, Jeren Kestros Jeren Kestros would notice something through his unique sight through the Force. While most seemed to blob or merge together, Mitharas was completely different to others focusing just a bit more closely than others. Above his body, while seemingly grey in the Force around his human figure, a dark like cloak seemed to drape over the human, a head seemed to be right next to Mitharas ear, speaking apparently as if to instruct on his every move. The cloak in of itself around this strange...spirit that hovered over him, resembled small tendrils. While others may be able to feel this presence, Mithara seems to be instructed to be quiet and let this Darkness take over, let it be hidden the best of its abilites...even if it not so good to those strong bond or sense in the Force.

zOIcum2.png
Her eyes narrowed as she looked through the crowd as they stepped through. Someone was running. Another was chasing, perhaps? Ah, that wasn't a good sign. Sure enough, her hidden eyes fell upon Tallania, and for now she just watched. What had the girl's heartrate through the roof?
"You know her?" He asked, following Ali's gaze. Before he could say anything else, Anthysius felt something that pulled at his gut.

The Light.

Despite the best efforts of the Ashlans, Korriban was still steeped in darkness. A blanket of light diffused through the Church, making Anthysius' skin itch, but there was a strong tug from somewhere nearby.

"There," Issan motioned with her head. Anthysius spotted the source of the sensation. A man with his eyes covered, tailing the girl that had caught Ali's attention. Before he could speak, he felt another, stranger sensation in the vicinity. Things were beginning to look bad.

"Prepare for trouble. That man might be able to tell. I'm sensing another presence too, though it's... clouded."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Darth Razarač Darth Razarač Jeren Kestros Jeren Kestros Mithara Cohen Mithara Cohen

zOIcum2.png

kP1KTsJ.png

Outwardly, everything in the main chamber was normal. The low buzz of the crowd filled the place as people moved back and forth, going about whatever business had brought them to the church. To those who could feel the Force, however, and especially to those like Jeren, there was much to be deeply concerned about. He paused in his quick walk, lifted his head, and reached out through the Force, expanding and deepening his sight. There was a certain darkness that blanketed Korriban itself, but there was a more immediate danger present in this sacred place. Through his expanded "vision" he could still make out the figure of the girl who had nearly run into him as she made her way through the crowded chamber, but he quickly became aware that she was not the only malign presence there. One man who seemed to be dressed in the attire of a guard radiated darkness, shadowed as he was by some... thing, shadowy and draped over him. Jeren suspected he was trying to disguise himself, and indeed most might not have noticed such a thing. Unfortunately for him, Jeren was not most people. Elsewhere he noticed a trio, two of whom stood out as well.

There were too many headed in all directions, and Jeren couldn't be everywhere at once.

The Juror turned from following after the girl, moving steadily but not overly quickly to a guard standing at the edge of the crowd. He reached out to the man, placing a hand on his shoulder and leaning in. He spoke in low, hushed tones, his voice deadly serious. "You need to summon more guards here. Bring what knights are available as well. Lock this place down now, if you can."

The guard gave him an incredulous look, attempting to shrug off Jeren's hand. This apparently blind man looked somewhat like clergy, but clearly was not; he spoke with an air of authority, but nothing distinguished him as one in a position that he could order anyone around. "What are you talking about? Who are you supposed to be?"

Jeren's grip on the man's shoulder tightened, and he leaned in even closer. He spoke lower now, almost a whisper, but with the same urgency. "A member of the Holy Jury," he told the guard. "Followers of the Bogan are here in the church, in this room. Go now, and be quick, but do it quietly."

The guard's eyes widened; it seemed the intensity of Jeren's words had convinced him. Mention of the Jury no doubt helped as well. He nodded

The Miraluka left the guard and began walking toward the three individuals he'd noticed before. If they were innocent, then he'd know soon and move on. If they weren't, then it was best to deal with the greatest number of threats to the followers of Ashla first.

"Hello there!" he called out to them with a wave and a smile as he came nearer. "What brings you three to this holy place?"

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom