Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Siren Song

kobanner.png

C H A R I T Y

Wearing
When Kyyrk had used the term necessary evil in the past, he'd always spoken of matters on the field of battle. Tonight, he was learning an entirely new meaning to this phrase. Though a feeling at the back of his mind suggested that this was not the first time he'd learned this lesson. A man that had done what he had? Surely he'd been to some of these upscale parties. Tonight, Kyyrk was the host. Or one of them, at the very least. Strictly speaking, Vylmira's Guidance was the host. She'd been the one to speak with Hester Shedo Hester Shedo and acquire the use of a facility on the tropical planet of Scarif for the use of their fundraiser tonight. Though Vylmira was the world in the most dire need, the funds raised tonight would be spread to all the Abrion Pact, to help citizens in need.

Kyyrk was clad in a simple tunic, the longer hair on the top of his head pulled back into a strict ponytail. The shaved sides of his head were coated in a thin layer of hairs that were flecked with the same grey his crown was adorned with. The soft glow of his purple eyes pierced the dark corner in which he resided, looking out over the individuals gathered in the large dining hall. His sleeves halted just below his elbow, leaving the stark white metal of his left arm on full display. Both were clasped behind his back as he listened to the singer that was on the stage. She wasn't the headliner of the night, but she was a brilliant singer.

Kyyrk turned, and disappeared through the door behind him in to the back halls. Guidance was waiting for him just off the wings of the stage. "Taking's been good tonight, Wrath. Perhaps this wasn't a bad idea after all." Kyyrk smiled at the blind woman before turning to look at the singer out on the stage. The stringed instrument had a certain haunting quality, as did the voice that accompanied it. Kyyrk turned as he heard another approach from the dressing rooms. "Lady Diamis. You look lovely this evening. Thank you for your time and effort tonight. It's greatly appreciated."

Outfit/Appearance
Music
TAG: Kyyrk Kyyrk

It was a surprise to Diamis when she'd been approached with the request of performing at a charity event. Not an unpleasant one, though. It was a request she hadn't ever thought she'd get, but felt honored that it was now upon her. There was no question whether or not she would take the gig, and she hoped that they hadn't taken her momentary silence as hesitation instead of the surprise that it was. And after doubling her rehearsals, the night was here.

As usual, she enjoyed silently watching the other acts perform, taking tiny sips of whatever drink was offered to her, and adding her credits to the donation pile. It was a lovely night, but her nerves quietly bubbled in her chest as they often did. She sat in the dressing room, pinning her hair into the low bun she'd practiced time and time again. She'd undone and redone it three times in the past fifteen minutes, making sure it was perfect. Everything had to be in place. It had to. She stood up, looking over her outfit once more, then exited the dressing room and continued down the hall.

She turned when hearing a familiar voice, and smiled upon seeing Kyyrk. "The honor is all mine. I greatly appreciate your inviting me to perform here." She bowed slightly, keeping her eyes up and posture straight. "The night has been quite the success so far, I see."

kobanner.png

C H A R I T Y

Wearing
"So far." Kyyrk smiled, and withdrew his left hand from its clasped position behind his back. He gestured to the Miraluka woman standing with him. "This is a dear friend of mine, Vylmira's Guidance. Though we all call her Guidance. Something of a leader for our people." The young woman offered Diamis a quick curtsy of greeting. "Only half the leader our dear Wra--Kyyrk has been." Guidance had stopped herself from calling him Wrath, forgetting as she often did that Kyyrk was one of the few who did not wear his title as a name. Not any more, anyways. "I do thank you so much for accepting our invitation. But I must be off, there's much to do at a party like this."

Kyyrk turned to watch as Guidance hurried away, datapad already in her hand. "She always did have a tendency to get lost in her work." Kyyrk turned back and offered Diamis a soft smile. "So tell me, how are you enjoying the Confederacy?" The eyes that stared back at Diamis were not unlike her own. Though primarily a purple tint, and laced with black clouds. His was not a solid sheen as hers were. And yet within them seemed to be the wisdom of ages. They glowed softly, though it was not clear as to what caused them to...breathe like they did. A slow, soft pulse, almost like a heartbeat. "Is your time here everything you had hoped it would be?"

Diamis gave a small bow to Guidance, ignoring the woman's small slip. Whatever name or title Kyyrk had been previously known by seemed to be a thing of the past. If it were important, it would come up. "It is a pleasure to meet you." she said, giving a nod as she left.

She turned her attention back to Kyyrk. Once more, something in the back of her mind pulsed, something she purposefully chose to ignore. Again. She smiled as he mentioned her new affiliation. "I must admit, I never imagined myself joining such a large and well-intentioned group of individuals." Even with her flowery language, Diamis tended to continue with the pinnacle of Chiss honesty. "However, do not take that as a bad thing. You and your cohorts have been nothing but kind to me since my agreeing to join, at least those that I've met." She wasn't exactly sure what the CIS wanted with someone like her, but if requesting her to sing at a charity function was any indication, they had their uses for her. And so long as she still had her freedom of the galaxy (which she very much did, much to her delight), she was happy to work with them.

"I had no distinct ideas or hopes as to what this would be. However it continues to prove most interesting." She paused, then held her arm out for him to take. "Walk with me? I have a bit time before my set, and I'd like to enjoy the party as it is beyond the stage."

kobanner.png

C H A R I T Y

Wearing
Kyyrk stepped closer to the chiss, his elbow extending to allow her to take hold. In the same fluid motion, he set forth towards the same doors that Guidance had disappeared behind. The ease of his movements, and the poise with which he carried himself suggested a background in nobility. Or at the very least, he'd spent time in a royal court somewhere. His manners were firm, but not overly so. There was a certain...tempered strength to his movements. "I am glad. I was fortunate to have found them. It pleases me that you have found the same generosity that I once did."

The two walked down a short hallway, and emerged at the back of the auditorium, faced with a sea of donors all milling about at standing tables, with wait staff peppering the crowd, offering small finger foods and drinks to the patrons. "Land of the Free Peoples, some call it." Kyyrk turned his head to glance at the Chiss, offering her a soft smile. "I also found myself wondering what I was doing here. The nation that held my allegiance before this...left quite the taste in my mouth. One I was not keen to repeat. But having seen how the leaders of this nation conducted themselves..." Kyyrk fell silent for a moment as a waiter approached them, offering drinks. Kyyrk gestured, offering for Diamis to take one. "I can imagine you to be one of those singers that thinks highly of themselves, and what they consume before wielding their craft. But if you are not opposed, then please, be our guest."

Kyyrk took a drink for himself, allowing Diamis to take the lead should she wish to move to a different spot in the room. "Truth be told, I am unsure of what I expected from tonight either. Vylmirans are not known for their parties." He chuckled at his own quip. "But in all, it is going exceedingly well. Though ours is not the only world to have suffered misfortune of late." Kyyrk didn't explicitly call attention to it, but it was clear he spoke of Csilla, and likely Mandalore as well. "The wars have taken their toll on all of us. It is my hope that in time, things may begin to heal. To return to the era of Peace we knew before..."

Diamis let herself float alongside him, nodding politely to anyone who looked their way, and surveying the scene around them. The event was in full swing, and it was quite lovely to look at. People mingled, relaxed, listened to the current act on stage, and drank. She listened to him talk, and found the subtleties of his words intriguing. Clearly, he was a man who knew how to talk and how to present himself. He'd likely been in the company of certain groups of people for some time-- whether it was nobility or spies was yet to be seen. Either way, though, she wasn't quite opposed.

She stayed silent when he trailed off, hoping that it was merely the waiter's presence that made him hesitate, but simply smiled and nodded when the drink was offered to her. She took it, letting out a soft chuckle as he commented on others in her profession. "One drink before a performance doesn't hurt," she remarked. "In some cases, it helps." Sadly, his sentiment that appeared to be going in an intriguing direction dissipated, making way for alternative conversations.

Diamis understood his silent intention quite clearly, and a part of her had wondered if it was part of the reason she was requested to perform. Chiss were a rarity, even moreso now. She had a feeling that her presence might be of comfort to some, that not all Chiss are gone. Just the ones who left, she would think. The traitors.

She held her glass up to him, offering a small cheers. "I'll certainly drink to that. May the era of peace return to us once more."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom