Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Cutlass (SJO Dominion of Hex AB-29)

Objective 2
Allies: SJO and friends ([member="Maya Zhou"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Aidan Moonrunner"] [member="Raven Sorenova"])
Opposition: Pirates, Mercenaries [member="Iris Drathrul"] (Eventually to face [member="Maria Bentley"].)

She finished fitting her equipment, light armor paired with a personal energy shield originating from Eshan. A good balance between mobility and protection. From her utility belt hung a sheathed Echani vibrosword, while a custom heavy blaster was strapped to her left thigh. As Jyoti, she favored her sword, but she did not eschew the use of a blaster like some of her peers. It afforded her a great deal of utility and flexibility in her response to threats.

Looking around, she took stock of everyone within the bay, which included Raven. Another familiar face, but one who would only know her as a stranger. She gave a silent nod of approval as she discovered that the Padawan carried a similar loadout to herself, though she was left wondering how exactly Raven had ended up with a lightsaber now. Given what she knew about the former pickpocket, she had a few theories.

"Ms. Sorenova, isn't it?" She inquired, feigning ignorance. "I had been looking to meet with you sometime. I was a...friend to Master Yune. She always had good things to say about you whenever she was home."

"I'm Jyoti Nooran, by the way," she said, offering a hand. "I look forward to working you. Have you ever participated in an operation like this?"

No. She already knew the answer, but she was curious to hear Raven's response.

Arlen Rossi

A
Location: Modified Harrower-class Cruiser Dunscaith, Open Space
Objective: 1,3
Allies: Pirates, NSO ([member="Iris Drathrul"] [member="Maria Bentley"])
Opposition: SJO ([member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Faye Demos"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Cassius Droma"])

A few sectors away, Arlen observed the space battle unfolding between Silver Jedi and the pirates in space and on the station, a few of her drones and agents interspersed between the pirate's units to feed information to the CIC.

In space, it was going just about as expected for the first wave of pirates against the Silvers, the cobbled together uglies no match against the Silvers with their more advanced starships. Not without proper tactics, but then they were meant to serve as fodder to lure the Silvers into a false sense of security. The real battle had yet to begin.

The station was another story, NSO operatives having successfully boarded to reinforce their clients aboard. Though she quickly became irked by the murderous execcess of her cybernetic counterpart leading the assault team there. The wanton violence in itself wasn't an issue, but in this situation, it was counterproductive to their aims.

She hailed Maria aboard the station, relayed indirectly through Dunscaith to the drones in the area of operations, ion scramblers on the retrofitted Harrower serving to mask the location of the Sith.

"If the objective was to kill all the inhabitants aboard the station, then we could have vaporized it with proton charges and called it a day. Restrain yourself. Provide support to the friendly factions and let them worry about reigning in the other spacers. Maintain focus on the Silvers."

Maria would tilt her head to the side, listening intently to the instructions relayed by Arlen. She reached up a gloved hand and touched it to the side of her face, causing her own mic to activate and allow her to speak back to the other Sith.

"I was merely making an example, the younger Sith expect us to be ruthless and evil to the core. It's always good to set an reasonable example for those apprentices. I was quite ready to kill any of them if they showed signs of discomfort or regret. I have no lost sight of the Goal."

Maria then lowered her hand and carried on moving, the steady hum of her blade filling the room as she began to move closer to the areas leading outside. "Witch, you have any kind of traps on you?" she questioned, taking a sudden turn and walking into a room filled with Pirates. "Our friends here might, I wonder how many cripples we can make of poor grunts before someone catches on?" Maria would raise her hand to her ear once more. Connecting with the operatives and Sith that accompanied her. "Place your landmines just outside of the building, cover them with sand or muck, I care not."

Maria then moved towards the top of the structure, quickly carving a small path to the roof. She wanted a vantage point, somewhere she could make effective use of her abilities. Not to mention she spotted several excellent spots of sharpshooters, relaying them back to the Operatives.

Connecting back with Arlen she relayed all the moves she had done, so that the eyes in the sky were equally aware. "Anything else, another lecture perhaps darling? Or shall we get on with it?" spoke Maria, reclining on the roof and producing a metal flask, opening the top and beginning to consume the tea inside. However much good it would do the android.

Arlen Rossi

A
Opposition: SJO ([member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Faye Demos"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Cassius Droma"])

Unsurprisingly, Maria gave some lip in her response to Arlen's call for moderation. That's just how these things went when your coworkers were often some flavor of disturbed psycho.

"The only thing that should be expected is that they maintain discipline and get the job done. Said job does not entail eliminating everyone aboard. If there are no Spacers left alive then we have no hostages. If all our clients wind up dead then we don't get paid. And if we don't don't get paid, then that affects my credit flow."

Her tone became a little lower as she spoke the next lines. " If you start disturbing my flow, then the difference comes out of you."

That statement could be taken both figuratively and literally. Organs and high end bionics always fetched a good price on the Invisible Market.

Allies: Pirates, NSO ( [member="Iris Drathrul"] [member="Arlen Rossi"] )
Opposition: SJO ( [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Faye Demos"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Cassius Droma"])

“You should know better Arlen. I don’t take too kindly to threats, there is no one who would stand for such lip. We’re both powerful members of the New Sith Order, I will not do anything to detriment the goals we share. Threaten me again, I’ll bring you and the entire ship down the next time we meet. I’ll get the job done, you just watch from up on high while I handle the hard part.”

She replied with a fair amount of snark, not all too serious in her threats, she wasn’t concerned with Arlen and her threats, but she had to stand up for herself, this world was where you those who submit will be walked on for the rest of their lives.

“The acolytes and Operatives are not as stupid as you might think, they are not about to go massacring everyone. Just stay quiet and have a drink, you’re distracting me.”

Arlen Rossi

A

They continued to butt heads, but Arlen wasn't much interested in arguing with the cyborg over comms. There was still much to do on her part, and she couldn't get held up by a pissing contest.

"Keep in mind what I said. Fulfill your part of the mission, and we'll be just peachy. However, if you still have some angst left to work through by the end, then come see me afterward. I think we have much to discuss."

She had little doubt said "discussion" would end in blows, and welcomed such an event. The rude twit would soon learn her place on the pecking order: right underfoot.

"Tapioca out." the agent cut off comms there as her message had been delivered, then returned her focus to the naval portion of the operation. The fodder deployed earlier had nearly been exhausted by now.

She returned control of the cruiser back to its normal chain of command, then exited the bridge for the hangar decks below. It was time to get to work.

Objective 2
Allies: SJO
Opposition: Pirates, Mercenaries

She tilted her head to look at Jyoti when she spoke to her, barely catching what she had said in her first sentence. Only by context clues did she understand what was being said to her. She had nearly hoped that Arisa was never brought up, as she knew that outcome. It took a lot for her not to break eye contact with the woman. With a rather weak handshake, Raven shook her head in reply to her question. It was her first time ever participating in any sort of operation like this.

"Never have I embarked on a sort of mission of this sort, Ms. Nooran. I merely wanted to help in... Some way. I promise I won't get in your way," she assured, placing a hand on her borrowed lightsaber.

She figured the answer would be obvious. And perhaps, maybe it was. Maybe she already knew how inexperienced in battle that she was.

Allies: Pirates, NSO ( [member="Maria Bentley"] Arlen Rossihttp://starwarsrp.net/user/13737-arlen-rossi/ )
Opposition: SJO ( Jessica Med-Beq
http://starwarsrp.net/user/12472-jessica-med-beq/, Gir Quee, Faye Demos, Audren Sykes, Cassius Droma)

​" Oh yeah, I've got a few charges you can set off remotely.. perhaps we could sabotage a path they'd have to take ? "

Responding to Maria’s question with a proposition, Iris felt it could be very beneficial to corner the enemy into a location and then detonate said charges. She had enough on her to make a decent sized explosion, one that could cause multiple fatalities if the numbers were bunched together in a tight area. There happened to be multiple corridors that lead to their current location, so to make her plan work. The operatives would need to destroy all the corridors besides one, leaving that one to be sabotaged with the witch’s charges, and having them detonated upon the enemy entering said corridor.

" We'd need to get rid of the entrances, all but one.. I'll personally plant my explosives there and wait for your order to detonate them. "

" Does that sound like a plan ? "

Iris would ask this, seeing as it wasn't her possion to give orders. So her plan would need to be approved first, of course she had no doubt that the android would accept the proposal. To lessen the numbers upon the enemy faction greatly without causing any threat of our own members, it'd be crazy to turn down.

The pink haired mercenary would swing her left hand behind her back, grabbing a net full of charges. She's toss the bag up and down, doing so with a look of curiosity on her face. The witch desired to know if her plan would be taken into consideration or not, but it seemed she wasn't going to get her answer anytime soon. Having Maria currently pickering over the comms with Arlen, and because of this it'd rather frustrate the witch. Demanding an answer she'd stop tossing the charges, and simply hold them. Raising her voice, she'd plant both of her closed hands ㅡeach holding an itemㅡ onto her waistline. Her eyebrows narrowing downward to express her clear agitation.

" HEY !! "

Allies: SJ | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Gir Quee"]
Enemies: [member="Arlen Rossi"] | [member="Maria Bentley"]

Laser cannon bolts slammed into shields, which were fortunately still holding. Just another second more...and now. Audren's heavy fighter peeled away into as tight a bank as he could make it manage. Almost contemptuously, the Ugly followed and was promptly hit by the missile that was adjusting course to follow the Rekali. It shattered, forming a cloud of debris that the other starfighter almost immediately flew through. That one had taken damage to shields early on and simply couldn't take the strain: a spar of some sort slammed through the cockpit viewport - missing the pilot by centimeters - and into an engine, causing an explosion of its own.

The Sephi had no time to breath, two other fighters were now closing in from above. Perfect placement to be hit from the dorsal turret if he'd had the hands to spare for operation. He really needed to get something like a droid gunner for these combat situations. Then again, he'd been telling himself that for years now. So instead he cut the primary thrusters and used an attitude thruster to bring the nose up while continuing 'forward', a maneuver only possible in the vacuum of space for this vessel. Brilliant energy bolts slammed into and through one ship's shields, vaporizing portions and causing the wingmate to veer off. Then the main thrusters were re-lit, taking him on a new course.

It seemed too easy. Sure, these were Uglies, but even the patchwork vessels were decent in the right hands. He considered reaching out through the Force to try and get a sense of where things were going with this encounter; that thought lasted for all of two seconds before his concentration was shifted to another Ugly pair. Maybe if he was sitting in advisement of the Tarlanc and overseeing the battle, but here in the swarm he simply could not manage to do so. He didn't have the experience necessary.

Faradrim

"Comm traffic."

Captain Thano glanced at the sensor officer who'd stated that, mildly annoyed.

"Put it through."

"Huh? Oh, sorry Captain, not for us. There's an active comm signal from the station to further out. Trying to have the computer trace either end, or crack the encryption. Not making much progress."

"Keep at it then. Let me know if you get anything."

Unusual, but if it wasn't affecting the fight it was something to be studied later.

After the initial attack, Thano had opted to shift the ship's mission. They'd made their opening statement, now it was time for rebuttals and counter-arguments. The stealth options built into the vessel would make it difficult to track other than visually, and even then it wasn't much bigger than the starfighter that Sykes was flying. She'd tasked the Helm with keeping out of the heaviest fighting. Given the situation, the Codru-Ji at the helm was manually flying the ship: one hand controlling each engine, a third controlling the throttle, and the fourth filling in wherever needed.

The course had taken the ship near some transports and let the turbolasers have a few shots, and then on up towards the enemy corvettes harassing the Tartarus. Quiet, out of mind...until it raked fire up the unprotected flank of one of the ships. The enemy captain had focused his shields to counteract fire from the Lothal-class carrier and had exposed his flank. This barrage was far less focused than the first, but also encountered negligible shields. Armor vaporized and more than a few shots penetrated to the interior. Meanwhile, twin missiles streaked at the second corvette from below; the first hit shields and the second ripped through, detonating against the ship's ventral surface.

The small corvette banked away, once again shifting power into the engines from the previous glide. The reactor of the ship was touchy: use the guns, shields, and engines all at once and there was a chance the thing would either shut down or go critical. In this kind of fight, the Captain would rather gather speed and drift while having guns and shields active. Now they'd re-attracted attention though.

"Fighters incoming."

Maya Zhou

M
Objective: BYOO – Deal w/ pirates, get paid

“Our contacts are incoming, Boss.” Remy informed Maya over the comm. “But we aint the only ones here…”

With a narrow-eyed glance, Maya looked to the other members of her crew.

“Let’s make this quick.” She said, and motioned for two of her men to follow her down the ramp. The other three would remain in the hold with her cargo. Pinching the bridge of her nose as she walked, Maya felt a headache coming on. Unlike her two companions that carried blaster rifles, Maya preferred a heavy blaster pistol. There were two holstered on her belt, but they remained untouched for now. She didn’t want to send the message to her contacts that she was twitchy about the sale.

Out in the docking bay, Maya and her men stood outside to greet their… guests.

A rather scruffy man soon appeared, surrounded by a group of equally rough-looking men.

“Which one o’ you is Zhou?” He spoke gruffly.

“That would be me,” Maya said, stepping forward slightly. “Look. We’d like to make this easy… but the price has just gone up – double.” She said with an unapologetic grin. “Things are gettin’ sketchy ‘round here. Pay up and we’ll be out of your hair.”

The pirate narrowed his eyes.

“Then let’s make it easy, girl.” He spat. With a wave of his hand, his group of fellow pirates raised their weapon at their mercenary foes. “How about, we just take what’s ours?”

Objective: Secure station and establish defenses
Assets: Select members of 'Radama Raiders,' First Ranger Infantry
Allies: [member="Maya Zhou"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Aidan Moonrunner"] [member="Raven Sorenova"]
Hostiles: [member="Iris Drathrul"] [member="Maria Bentley"].

The three dropships roared into one of the hanger bays of Torn Station, their noses' tilting up slightly to slow their approach and set down easy. As the ramps dropped, the rangers filed out in their respected formation, forming a perimeter around the landing area and moving to the closest pieces of cover just out of protocol. Most of the hangar was in pretty bad shape, so Valkren could only imagine what the state of the rest of the station was.

"Alright! Listen up!" Valkren spoke up once the majority of his unit and allies had touched down into the bay.

"We have three main points of interest to take if we're going to hold Torn station! Life support systems, Internal Security, and the Reactor! Lieutenant Harris's team will be moving to secure life support, while Sergeant Plexico's will take on the reactor. Myself and Lowder will lead the remaining members of the first infantry to Internal Security. With enough luck, we'll get to our objective before you all reach yours. With security established we'll be able to control most of the station's features, so we'll most likely be able to assist the other teams."

Valkren rolled his shoulders, eyes scanning over his HUD within his visor as he adjusted his grip on his shortened assault rifle that took the place of his usual assault ripper. His rotary cannon dangling from a sling attached to his shoulder plate, he seemed like a walking war machine.

Some could very well say that's what Valkren was now-a-days, just a war machine.

The young colonel took one last look at the band of combatants that were preparing to embark on these objectives, soldiers and Jedi alike. They were being thrown back into the meatgrinder, once again returning to the duty they had been called to so many times before.

This time, it wouldn't be like Mirial.

"First Platoon! We're moving!" His voice boomed out, before turning toward the middle corridor to exit out of the bay. Valkren and his platoon began to make their way cautiously toward the Security systems. Sergeant Plexico took the furthest left with his mix of rangers and engineers to the reactor, while the radama raider's XO Lieutenant Harris moved his platoon toward life support. Each group expected a fight, and every warfighter in them were ready.

The rangers could be heard spouting out orders and calls to each other, checking corners and every piece of wreckage as they moved forward.

"Keep up the pace, ladies!"

"Clear!"

"What a karkin' piece of garbage, this place."

"Cut the chatter!"

Objective: Fight pirates
Allies: SJ [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Gir Quee"]
Enemies: Pirates

"It's quiet, too quiet"

"The enemy Victory can't take another volley of heavy HVC fire. Also, pull back the Chiloon-Is: we have to rearm them with different weapons"

With the remaining uglies mostly engaging [member="Audren Sykes"] and [member="Gir Quee"], the surviving Chiloon-Is were mostly able to return to the Tartarus with a few hits to the shields and hull, their ordnance replaced by Djinn cluster missiles. Meanwhile, the Candybar was firing another volley of 420mm HVC rounds, supported by the Tartarus' batteries, for a total of nine rounds, hitting the enemy Victory's hypermatter tanks, which were exposed in the previous volley. Since the enemy Victory suffered heavy losses of power, it could no longer fire anything at them without causing the reactor to spike. Pieces from the Victory began to fly everywhere, including remaining enemy corvettes, as well as the enemy Ton Falk, which were all buffeted by pieces taken off, and some debris were even headed towards her own formation. Which triggered memories of Ossus in her, not only because of the cloud of debris the destruction of the Victory has created, but also how debris buffeted her own ships. Then again, the enemy ships caught in the blast are sustaining varying levels of damage, and some casualties have been reported among its fighter screen.

"Now, fire at will!"

"What about the corvette we have tractored?"

"It's not worth moving it at this point. If another cruiser does show up then we can begin talking about moving it out of its position"

That Ton Falk had a spooky air about it, even though they could easily kill it right here, given that its mobility has been hampered by the number of hits from debris it has sustained. But with the solar ionization cannon hits impacting on its hull, like equally many penetrators, and the humongous weapons also being fired at the enemy pocket carrier, which also met an equally untimely end, exploding in less pieces, leaving the place where the pirate ships were to be a debris field, in which any team looking in or out of the station would need to tread lightly around. Yet something eerie was in the air somewhere, where she could realize that it was not time to rest. Something was inbound, in sufficient force to prolong the fight, another pirate group, potentially even supported by some dark-sided faction, some crime cartel, anything. But beyond that, she had no idea of how many there were, nor as to what. But she then needed to make sure that they were properly refueled. And maybe come early enough so that the crew of the tractored corvette would not be able to make sufficient repairs to its engines.

Capital ships:

SSV Tartarus (Lothal-II-class artillery carrier) moderate shield damage
SSV Candybar (Skor-class artillery frigate) moderate shield damage
SSV Galak Fyyar (Krayiss-class escort frigate) moderate shield damage
SSV Fayuum (Krayiss-class escort frigate) moderate shield damage

Attack craft:

22 Chiloon-I fighters
20 Chiloon-II fast bombers

Location: Liberté-class Light Corvette Backwash, near Torn Station
Objective: 3
Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Enemies: [member="Arlen Rossi"]

The Backwash had dashed across the battlefield, opportunistically picking off enemy snubfighters and transports as they attempted to dock on the station. Gir had quickly found that he hadn't need to much coordinating at this point. It almost felt superfluous. Dreti had apparently put his crew through enough drills that most of their work had become also second nature, which several weapons crew already coordinating their actions. It appeared that Dreti typically had them cover certain fire vectors at certain depths, essentially playing a zone defense. That made the ship particularly effective when the enemy was already coming to them, with Gir only having to step out and redirect fire at longer ranges for particularly opportunistic advantages, like the transport that had already been partially disabled by a friendly starfighter. Not having to micro-manage the gunnery crews, Gir found himself studying the battlefield.

As with many things, the more he studied it, the more questions he had. During times like this, he would have killed for the command and control facilities of the Ocean Tide, between its multiple large holo-projectors and extensive communications and sensor networks. But he couldn't simply wish them into existence. He would have to make do with the basics. Gir typed a few quick commands into his console, and found a pair of bio-computers that weren't in active use: they appeared to be in the ship's lounge for recreational use. Several commands later, and they began to reconfigure in order to support tactical program needs. He noticed one incoming transport, what appeared to be aging CEC freighter with a dented sensor dish, coming down in a dive towards the station. He narrowed his eyes as he tried to predict its flight path.

That might be our opportunity. He selected the craft and removed it from the target list, and prayed that none of their allies would vape it while he tried to work his magic. The blonde man highlighted the craft and tapped several more commands. Seconds later, a pair of Revirement-class Missiles leapt out of the starship's large warhead launchers before flying straight towards the freighter. Angry red laser bolts streamed out of the freighter at the missile, striking one as it "detonated", forming a cloud of small droids just in front of the freighter. As the freighter plowed forward, the droids attached themselves to the ship and began to disassemble it midflight.

Jade Squadron
Objective: 1 – Fight Pirates
Allies: SJO ([member="Faye Demos"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Audren Sykes"])
Enemies: Pirates and [member="Arlen Rossi"] | [member="Maria Bentley"]

It was a short trip, since they were so close. As soon as Jade Squadron popped in from hyperspace, they could see the squadron that had called in for assistance. “Looks like we came to the party just in time,” Cassius muttered to himself as he charged up his weapons and shields. There’d be no use for the A-wing’s sensor-dampening capabilities for this. They would be charging in guns blazing.

Broadcasting out to the other commanders of Silver vessels in the area, Cassius announced, “This is Jade Leader – we’re engaging now. Let us know if you have any heat you need taken off of you.”

Speeding forward, Cassius targeted one of the Uglies that was bearing down on a friendly fighter and shredded it with his laser cannons, spinning out of the way of the cloud of smoke and debris he created. A few other starfighters picked up on this and gave chase, their flickering maneuvering thrusters making them look like tranquilized banthas compared to the much more advanced interceptor. This was Cassius’s intent – draw fire away from the station.

“Charlie flight, start picking at those cruisers and keep them distracted. Alpha and Bravo flights, stick with me and keep fighting those Uglies.” As he said this, he tore through yet another Ugly starfighter, a mangled KX9 laser cannon bouncing harmlessly off of his shields. At this rate, they would have this whole thing cleaned up in no time.

[SIZE=11pt]Location: On Torn Station[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Objective: 3: Secure Torn station and establish defenses[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Allies: [member="Maya Zhou"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Aidan Moonrunner"] [member="Raven Sorenova"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Hostiles: [member="Iris Drathrul"] [member="Maria Bentley"].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Asaraa tore her ear away from the commlink pressed to her ear, nodding gratefully as she felt one of the rangers pressing a headset into her hand, the cool smooth surface of the headset tucking around her ear as the bud settled against her ear, the voices of the troopers and Jedi assaulting the stations clearly broadcast to the Pawadan. For a moment she closed her eyes, reaching out with the force, the tendrils of her sense spreading through the station in front of her. As her blue eyes flicked open she raised her hand to catch the attention of the rag tag group of troopers surrounding her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“We’ve got [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]a teams of pirates trying to set up an ambush about 3 intersections[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] down that way,” she allowed pointing down one of the corridors leading away from their current position. It looks like they’re trying to set up a crossfire, plan to take us down as we wander past.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A sharklike smile pulled at the Togruta’s lips, her pointed white teeth bared as her eyes twinkled in amusement. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I guess they didn’t think that you’d have a Jedi with you, did they? So...let's make the most of the surprise while we can.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]From the way her smile was reflected on the faces of the rangers around her, the almost predatory way the pack surged forward she could tell her plan had struck a note of approval amongst the soldiers surrounding her that they agreed with her initiative. It wasn’t hard to clean out the small squad, a few flashbangs floated down the corridor and into their midsts and they had no idea what was happening as stun blasts played over them, and bindings clicked around their limbs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Padawan knew where the main thrusts of the troops were headed but now that she and her ragtag bunch were behind enemy lines it was time to see how much help she could be messing with their plans to allow the other Silver Jedi forces to proceed with their plans.[/SIZE]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
ghost-in-the-shell-600x338.jpg
Commander Jody Parker of the Rangers sent her live link to those open to her channel in the Silver fleets and Jade squadrons, so she could be seen and heard.

"Ok we got Torin Station on the map. [member="Valkren Calderon"] I got you leading this, right? Don't shoot the place up. We also have [member="Maya Zhou"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Aidan Moonrunner"] [member="Raven Sorenova"] inbound am I right?"

Her eyes looked up as she pulled some info together from a live read-out.

"There are a lot of inter connecting pipes and walkways around the station so you're going to want to secure those or flush them out to make sure the place isn't rigged to blow. There should be no fuel on site, but I can't be sure. If there is, then you're stood on a potential thermal detonator in space. Just don't let them push the button to go bang. Parker out."

If there was one Ranger she had faith in, it was Calderon. Those following him would be in good company. She pulled up another read-out and a green glow crossed her otherwise pale face; a holo-map of the fleet.

"Jade Squadron this is Parker. [member="Cassius Droma"] can you report in? [member="Faye Demos"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Audren Sykes"] give me updates. What do you see? I've got a mass of energy from your South side and it looks like they're trying to surround you. Box you....oh, damn,"

Jody's eyes moved around and she pushed the headset to her ear to relay a message.

"Jade Squadron I have confirmed sightings of bombers heading to Torin Station. Break off or get some support there right now or we'll lose our men and the station itself, and we don't want it coming down over Kashyyyk! They're hitting from both sides!"

Objective: Fight pirates
Allies: SJ [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Gir Quee"]
Enemies: Pirates

"We have detected reversions aft of us, but the enemy is jamming us as to what they are. They haven't deployed their fighters either" the sensor technician reported in.

"So the enemy is getting reinforcements... jam all known Sith frequencies! All batteries, focus on the aft arc"

So Jade Squadron finally killed the Ton Falk, she thought, while the Ton Falk initially there exploded in the distance. Yes, they were attacked from behind. But unlike standard Sith naval doctrine, where fighters are regarded as expendable at best, she could sense that these pirates were different from the run-of-the-mill Sith even though they worked with Sith. Don't panic: it's not like we're using a Victory or anything else with exposed aft arcs, she thought, while realizing that the traverse speeds aren't the best. She knew that it would take a 420mm HVC turret much longer to rotate than a heavy long-range solar ionization cannon, so the heavy long-range solar ionization cannons were trained aft a good 25 seconds before the 420mm HVCs would be. Which was more than enough time to attempt jamming the attackers' frequencies. But while they might be lulling her in a false sense of security, she might have to throw the first proverbial stone and open fire on the pirates, which were away from the station.

"Targeting solutions established, sighting is good" the chief gunnery officer acknowledged.

"Fire!" she ordered, with heavy turbolasers, HVCs and solar ionization cannons being directed at the motley gang of pirate ships that just reverted aft of them.

Capital ships:

SSV Tartarus (Lothal-II-class artillery carrier) moderate shield damage
SSV Candybar (Skor-class artillery frigate) moderate shield damage
SSV Galak Fyyar (Krayiss-class escort frigate) moderate shield damage
SSV Fayuum (Krayiss-class escort frigate) moderate shield damage

Attack craft:

22 Chiloon-I fighters
20 Chiloon-II fast bombers

Location: Liberté-class Light Corvette Backwash, near Torn Station
Objective: 3
Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Enemies: [member="Arlen Rossi"]

Gir half-heartedly watched the H-1ME droids begin to dissect the freighter apart in space. The drives were the first things they shut down, ensuring that neither the freighter could attack nor escape. The other part of his mind attempted to keep track of the developments around them, including the apparent repulse and destruction of the initial pirate vessels that had at first seemed key to their attack. Commander Parker's voice flowed through the comms, and just as Gir was about to give a brief report, the warning of inbound bombers hit. Dreti wasted no time in directing the Backwash to turn around to move and intercept the bombers, even as Gir began to reassign new firing sectors to the gunnery teams. It was his hope that that by using a zone defense strategy, that they would at least be able to prevent any one side from being attacked entirely unopposed, but with their fire spread out so much, he doubted that they would be able to completely blunt the attack on their own.

As the first of the Backwash's long-range weaponry began to lash out at the new wave of bombers, Gir's mind began to think about the strategic implications of this event. Were the pirates considering the destruction of the station since their initial assault appeared to be rebuffed? Or was there something else involved that wasn't immediately apparent at a glance? Gir toggled his console to zoom in on the incoming pirate bombers, hoping to get a better understanding of what their intent was.

Allies: Pirates, NSO ( Iris Drathrul Arlen Rossi )
Opposition: SJO ( Asaraa Vaashe Jessica Med-Beq, Gir Quee, Faye Demos, Audren Sykes, Cassius Droma)

Maria spun on her feet and raised a single eyebrow at Iris, her eyes narrowed with the blatantly disrespectful tone the Witch had taken. She had her fill of that routine with that stuck-up Arlen over the communications. She regarded her coldly for a few more second, before waving her away like a petulant child, the gesture intentional whimsical and dismissive, no doubt to irritate the witch. "Please, be my guest. Your rudimentary plan is simple and effective, just the thing the Jedi will walk right into. I myself am heading out to reduce their forces personally, I invite you to join me immediately once you are done. Be quick."

Maria then turned her attention away from the Witch and burst away with great speed. She headed outside of the actual structure, raising her hand to her ear to receive some more communication from her subordinates. She had received some information on the whereabouts of a single squad who also happening to be commanding a small group of troops herself. She had received this information shortly after the squad was wiped away. Maria sensed there was something at work here, no ordinary squad could have effectively dealt with such an ambush. It was either the work of some kind of specialized team or it was being commanded and directed by someone with psychic abilities.

Deciding this was more than interesting, she allowed herself to head towards that particular gathering of energies. Her own presence slamming into existence with a cold fury, not unlike a chilled winter blizzard. Maria was not angry, she was just devoid of feeling. Upon arriving in the area, she would make immediate use of the force in an attempt to crush all of the grunts and perhaps the Jedi herself. She flexed her power with a mere twitch of her fist, the power she emitted began to take effect almost immediately. The area Asaraa Vaashe began to creak, almost like it was straining. Suddenly, part of the hallway buckled and and lost its integrity further away from Asaraa, rubble and metal imploding and creating deadly projectiles that began to ping around the metal walls. Shortly afterwards the rest of the hallway began to follow. If they did nothing, they would found themselves within a crushed structure within the next few minutes. The timescale was not a problem, but the splintered debris could cause fatal injuries.

Knowing the layout of the structure herself, Maria would crush the area away from them first, hopefully forcing them to head back the way they entered. In light of this, Maria herself decided to head that way, bounding over and around the hall and moving towards the entrance. She intended to cover her presence from the other Jedi to the best of her abilities, but was unable to conceal it much considering she was drawing on the force to cause destruction in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom