Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Si'kahya Beskar'gam | Galaar Variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

u5z6cIB.png

G A L A A R
B E S K A R ' G A M

"A jetpack is more than a tool, it must be like an extension of your body. Until you know it, it will not listen to your commands."
- Romul Saxon, to prospective Galaar cadets

o8BqR4i.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Galaar variant of Si'kayha beskar'gam for the Mandalorian Enclave.
  • Image Source: Midjourney
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Armor Set | Beskar'gam
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Concussive: Very High
    • Disruptors: High
    • Pressure/Vacuum: High
    • EMP/Ion: Average
    • Electrical: Average
    • Lightsabers: Very High
    • Extreme Elemental: Average
    • The Force: Average
    • Chemical: Very Low
    • Vibroweapon: Average
    • Tensor: None
    • Stun: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Structural
    • Multilayer-composite Bodysuit, Atmospheric and Pressure-sealed
      • Layer I - Plastoceramic Plating [Disperse Kinetic Impact]
      • Layer II - Ablative Inertial Damper Electronic Wiring [Disperse Kinetic Impact]
      • Layer III - Armorweave Bodyglove [Disperse Energy Impact]
    • Life Support Monitoring Systems
      • Adrenal Stim Autoinjection System [Limited Quantity, Refillable]
      • Supplementary Bacta Injection [Limited Quantity, Refillable]
    • Altitude and Environmental Protective System
      • De-Icing
      • Heat Resistance
      • Wind Resistance
      • Pressure Resistance
    • Thermal Insulation Fabric
    • Integrated Heat Sinks, Ion Dispersal Coils
    • Electro-resistant grounding sinks, dispersion mechanics
    • Ablative Anti-Rad Shielding
    • Rust Inhibition System
  • Helmet
    • Rebreather, Envirofilter
    • Atmospheric Pressure Seal
    • HUD System
      • Long-Range Audio Detector
      • Heat Signature Sensor
      • Biometric Display
      • Optic Zoom Function [Enhanced Magnification]
      • Tracking Fob Integrator
      • Biometric Scan & Indent
      • Field-of-View Enhancement [up to 360 degrees]
    • Sensor/Receptor Systems [EMF/EM/FS/DE]
    • Hydration Dispenser
    • Holo/Video Recording Systems
    • HoloNet Scan & Uplink
    • Rangefinder
      • Enhanced Long-Range Systems
    • Encrypted Long-Range Transmitter
  • Chest
    • ENCL-JR5 Striking Falcon Jetpack
      • Flight Stabilizing Boosters
      • Additional Fuel Cells [Up to Multiple Hours of Continued Flight]
    • Miniaturized Fuel Converter [Scoop Model]
    • Digital Life-Support Readout
    • Backplate-Mounted Power Cells, Rechargeable [Solar-Ionization]
    • Modular Equipment Mount
  • Vambrace [Right Arm]
  • Vambrace [Left Arm]
    • Shuk'orok Crushgaunt
    • Wrist Blade, Retractable
    • Stunner
    • Flame Projector
    • Variable Small-Munitions Launcher
      • Thermal Detonator
      • Concussion Grenade
      • Fragmentation Grenade
      • Flashbang Grenade
      • Electromagnetic Pulse Grenade
    • Footmark Tracking Sensor [paired with Helmet HUD]
  • Utility Belt
  • Lower Body
    • Knife Sheathe [Left Shin Plate]
      • Survival Knife
    • Magno-Lock Soles
    • Rocket Boots
STRENGTHS
  • Iron Shield: The beskar plating of the armor is extremely durable and protective, made to withstand most types of direct damage. Areas that are not covered by the beskar plating are protected through lesser materials that still offer strength.
  • Bird of Prey: The Galaar variant is crafted to be lighter and more resistant to atmospheric conditions to allow for better optimization in aerial combat. Additional power cells, as well as a miniaturized 'scoop' fuel converter grant wearers of the Galaar practically limitless flight time.
WEAKNESSES
  • Exposed Joints: To add mobility and remove weight for better aerial movement, the beskar'gam sacrifices protectiveness reducing armor plating significantly. A significant portion of the wearer’s body surface is only protected by armorweave, making it a very significant vulnerability in battle.
  • Lack of Protection: The beskar'gam offers no direct protection from tensor-based attacks or stun-based attacks, leaving its user vulnerable to those types of damage.
DESCRIPTION
In ancient Mandalorian Days, children and foundlings were trained in the way of the Rising Phoenix to be able to use jetpacks with a level of mastery. As the centuries passed, this technique was forgotten -- but rediscovered once more with the elite forces of the Mandalorian Enclave, the Si'kayha. Within the Si'kayha, the Galaar order is dedicated to mastery of flight. They excel in long-range combat and aerial warfare. And thus, their armor must be crafted to suit their special needs.

The Galaar variant of Si'kayha beskar'gam is noticeably lightweight when compared to other variants. It allows for better speed, acceleration, and maneuverability in aerial maneuvers while also decreasing the necessary fuel needed to power the jetpack that a Mandalorian warrior relies on. Not that fuel is a necessity -- additional fuel cells as well as an inbuilt fuel converter that turns atmospheric materials into reusable fuel grants the wearer theoretically limitless flight time, a significant advantage over not only other Mandalorian jetpack designs but most galactic aerial flight armors. And of course, like all beskar'gam the Galaar variant is extremely durable and equipped with a multitude of technologies that enhances the battle capabilities of the warrior.

Such qualities come with drawbacks. The lighterweight design, mainly coming from a lack of comprehensive beskar plating, means that there are more exposed parts that can be taken advantage of. In addition, the beskar'gam offers no direction against direct force attacks. However, the maneuverability that is afforded to the Galaar means that, ideally, a wearer will be too far away from their enemy for that to be ever of concern.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
The Quartermaster The Quartermaster

As usual very nicely made submission.
  • I think the weapon picture in the spoiler is a mistake, but if not, you forgot to add its image source and please fix this.
  • The other is the Limited production scale and the Extreme resistance, please fix that too according to the rules:
    Resistances: (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme. Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.) Resistance Ratings Extreme will require the submission to be Semi-Unique. This Resistance Rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only.

This submission has been pulled for review due to a report.

Resistances

Looking over the resistances provided there is an issue I would like to raise with you, namely your use of force resistances.

• Force (Directed Attacks): None
  • Force (Detection): None
  • Force (Mind Manipulation): None
  • Witch Magic: None

Force Detection is more akin to stealth than a damage type which means that it doesn't belong here. Furthermore, while you have broken up the force into several categories, however, there is only one type of force, just with multiple different ways of using it. As such, I'm going to require that you amalgamate them all into one category, if you wish you may make subcategories, but only the overall category will be the only one taken into account for balancing the resistances.

John Locke John Locke

The reason I broke 'the Force' into four separate categories was for the ease of both a user and opponent in a PVP situation. You are correct -- there is only one Force, but multiple distinct applications. I feel that it is relevant to distinguish between the distinct applications because an armor piece could for example protect against directed force attacks i.e. Sith Lightning but have no defenses against mind manipulation powers. I wasn't aware that resistances didn't include stealth so I will remove that, but I think that the applications of the Force can be varied and distinct enough to warrant breaking up into multiple categories for sheet balancing and roleplay purposes (Although the factory does not operate on any hard precedent, there is ample precedent of this break down being utilized including in this recent approved submission by a Factory RPJ here).

Last edited:

You are correct, there are multiple applications of the force, however, all of these applications are still utilising the same basic premise. I do laud your attempt to make it easier for your partners and opponents. If you wish to give people more information then I would suggest that you use subcategories to clarify these.

For example:

The Force: None

• Directed Attacks: None
  • Mental Manipulation: None
  • Witch Magic: None

However, only the overall category, that is the force, will be taken into account when it comes to balancing the submission.

In regards to precedent, the factory does not operate on precedent at all, previously approved submissions have no part in a current judgement.

Thank you for making that adjustment, I notice that you added some additional fields to the submission at the same time. If you do so please MAKE SURE to let myself, or whoever is judging the submission, know that you have done so.

Looking through the new categories I find that I am a little confused by the new additions.

Chemical

You have added two new chemical fields:

• Chemical (Organic): None
  • Chemical (Inorganic): None

How do these differ in their effect? Both Organic and inorganic chemicals will have the same effect on the armour correct? Furthermore, how do these differ from your previous field of corrosion:

Corrosion: Average

According to dictionary.com corrosion is defined as: "a process in which a solid, esp a metal, is eaten away and changed by a chemical action, as in the oxidation of iron in the presence of water by an electrolytic process".

You seem to be repeating the same resistance by multiple different names.

Psionics

Could you define what you mean by Psionics?

John Locke John Locke

I removed the corrosion resistance as both chemical resistances cover it. I differentiated between inorganic and organic chemistry because of the fundamental differences in the composition of the two types; organic chemistry involves carbon-based compounds, while inorganic chemistry involves non-carbon-based compounds. The difference between the two warrants entire separate fields of discipline in the real world, and so would the ability for one to differ from another in ratings.

Psionics (in the definition that I use) is roughly all attacks designed to alter, harm or otherwise inhibit an individuals state of mind and/or their nervous system . Hypothetically, such attacks could be resisted through the inclusion of neuroinjectors and other bioregulators (which are not present in this armor).

In the process of consolidating my Force resistances, I took another look at my resistances and added them to make the residences more fully comprehensive and allow an opponent to gauge more accurately the weaknesses of the armor. Clearly stating that this submission has no resistance to these types of damage is a weakness in my mind, and if you would wish I can add that to the weaknesses section.

Chemical

While you are correct and organic and inorganic chemistry are two separate fields in terms of the academic fields they represent this is not true of the damage type and resistance which they correspond to. Chemical resistance is chemical resistance and there is no differentiation between how the two types of chemical reactions. Please consolidate them both into one category.

Psionic

So, are we talking mental attacks through the force? Looking on Wookiepedia it appears the non-force based telepaths are only capable of using telepathy as a form of communication, not to attack their opponents. Can you point to an example of a non-force based psionic attack?

Weaknesses

Please go ahead and add those weaknesses

John Locke John Locke

• The two types of chemical damage have been changed into the following, which more accurately represent what I was trying to go for with separating them in the first place:
    • Chemical (Corrosive): acids, corrosive damage etc.
    • Chemical (Toxins): poison damage, venoms, etc.
      • To clarify, biological deals with biological weapons such as viruses, etc. while chemical (toxins) deals with venoms and poisons.
  • I suppose Psionics is too close to force telepathy, so I removed it.
  • Added disorientation resistance, for things like flashbangs, extraordinarily bright lights, etc.
  • Added stated weakness for biological and chemical.

Apologies, this slipped off my plate.

You raised the idea of biologicals as a weakness and the armour having 0 resistance to any biological attack. However the armour contains both a rebreather and an atmospheric pressure seal. Furthermore biological threats such as viruses are not generally the province of armour systems which are designed to protect against immediate attacks.

As such I'm going to need you to combine the chemical toxins into the biological resistances category which it should be in.

Before I read through the submission again, I'd also recommend that you read through the submission with an eye towards the components and the resistances. For example:

The armour contains anti rad shielding and electro resistant systems, however the resistances for radiation and electricity are both average.

Please tag me when you're ready for me to do the readthrough.

John Locke John Locke

Just to clarify this isn’t me saying the sub is finished, I’m just looking for clarification on one thing. With a rating being basically for the average as a whole for that aspect of the armor, would that still mean that in RP certain places would be more invulnerable?
  • My main example is beskar plating. Obviously it’s gonna be more impervious than the flight suit portion of the armor, so an overall rating of ‘average’ for defense against lighters is incorporating both the protectiveness of the beskar plating but also the relative vulnerability of blastweave?

My main example is beskar plating. Obviously it’s gonna be more impervious than the flight suit portion of the armor, so an overall rating of ‘average’ for defense against lighters is incorporating both the protectiveness of the beskar plating but also the relative vulnerability of blastweave?

In a case like this I would put the armour at a very high or extreme and then not the weaker opening in the beskar plate as a weakness. That way there is no confusion or potential issues down the line.

John Locke John Locke

Alright, ratings have been adjusted accordingly. At now the rating is 3 over, but in the weaknesses I try to as clearly as possible state that a significant portion of the body is not covered by plating, leaving blatant and easily-exploited weak points. As per factory balancing rules (providing balance with a genuine and significant weakness) does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom