OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a military-grade sensor suite for TSE
- Image Source: Click - Tumblr.com
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source:
CS-Overseer Sensor Suite
Permission was given by [member="Thorne"] to copy certain elements of his submission
[*]Model: SI-Suzerain Sensor Suite
[*]Affiliation: The Sith Empire
[*]Modularity: Yes; additional sub-systems and routines can be incorporated into or around this package's systems
[*]Material: Alusteel, Armorplast, Agrinium, Insulated circuitry, Radiation dampening foam, Rubber, other standard materials for components
- Aural Sensor
- Hyperwave Signal Interceptor
- Life Form Indicator
- Passive Sensor Array
- Long-range Sensor
- Light Detection and Ranging System
- Electro Photo Receptor
- Dedicated Energy Receptor
- Sensor Dampener
- Targeting Laser
- Targeting Sensor
- Wide-range Sensor
- Sith-Imperial manufactured sensor and scanning systems, which retain typical properties and technical strengths of the individual components included in the suite.
- Using a combination of redundant, non-conductive armorplast and rubber layering, as well as specially made insulation on circuitry, the sensor suite is protected from EMP disruption by a Faraday cage-like encasing.
- The suite boasts a mild superfluous efficiency and technological improvement, by being engineered specifically for Sith-Imperial military vessel precision standards.
- Can be damaged by military-grade weapons if not protected adequately.
- Requires replacement if components damaged or destroyed.
- Offers little more than continued sensor data, if vessel it's installed on is disabled or unable to remain in combat.
- Ineffective against cloaked vessels.
- Able to be affected by sensor disruption coatings and technology.
- Requires integration into Sith-Imperial specific vessel systems, unable to be used on other ship designs.
When the Sith first made contact with the resurgent Chiss Ascendancy, there was a tentative distrust between the two authoritarian governments over perceived manipulation from each other. However, as time dragged on that distrust began to dissipate like steam, and a transfer of technological ideas emerged between the two groups.
The Sith learned much from the Chiss Ascendancy, especially how to better organize their starship equipment for peak efficiency.
By bundling standard sensor and scanning components under several protective layers of ceramic-based armorplast and rubber, the manufacturers were able to create a non-conductive Faraday cage for the suite. And by using insulated circuitry, the techs were able to dissipate electromagnetic bursts before they reached the sensor suites systems.
This technique, taught to the Sith by the Chiss, ensured that sensor data would be significantly protected during battle, and able to be retrieved by Imperial authorities in the event of a vessel's destruction.