Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Showing The Ropes

Denon/Seven Corners-district
Afternoon/Cloudy

f4wGUBV.jpg

With the recent developments in Darkwire, Xan had a bit of free time to herself. She used it in a rather decent balance, with the majority of her time going to odd jobs and reconnaissance for some big gigs. But a part of her time was also being devoted to watching her newest roommate. She had been watching him for a while now, leaving him to his own devices to see how he operated. Her standards weren't very high. After all, he was still a kid and very green on top of that. It was clear to her that he wasn't a criminal or assassin like she suspected him to be. As far as she could see, he was as innocent as he let on.

Walking along the rooftops with a hoodie obscuring her neon hair and paint marks, she kept a close eye on him. It was rather fun to watch him figure out the city himself... but her sadistic side could only be entertained for so long. The more she watched him, the more she started to feel bad for his part. It was only a matter of time before he ran into trouble that he couldn't get out of on his own. In a way, she felt responsible for him which was something she was still trying to figure out. As she thought over her current predicament, her eyes scanned the area underneath her. She quickly spotted a group of three guys that looked like trouble. To make matters worse, they seemed to have spotted the poor boy as they hung around the entrance of an alleyway.

She squatted down on the roof of a building as she carefully watched the guys move into his way. "Hey kid, what's up?" one of them spoke up, smirking down at the boy. "You look a little lost." he continued, earning a snicker from one of his buddies. Xan's implants focused on the interaction, allowing her to see and hear what was going on down there. From her spot out of sight, she watched Cartri closely. "Need someone to show you around?" one of the others spoke up, taking a step to the side to flank Cartri.

Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Lately, Cartri had been doing a good job in bringing in credits for himself. Odd jobs had been his main income for now, but it proved to be a huge success in bringing in experience and riches. For once, he was even able to buy himself some food instead of stealing it as he walked along the rough streets of Denon. Not many things had bothered him since he had arrived on the planet, other than getting chased a few times by angry store owners or people hell bent on getting their money back. All things considered things were going well for the young red head. Although, as soon as he had taken the last bite of his burger an unfamiliar voice called over to him from an alley beside him.

A man surrounded by two others stood to the left of him as Cartri turned around to face them "Nothing much..." he said while folding his arms, his eyes watching them carefully just in case they had any funny ideas. The men who towered above him continued to joke about him being by himself and were starting to get too close for comfort when one starting to walk beside him "You three are starting to creep me out, i'm out of here" he said to them with a shake of his head before trying to turn around and leave. However, the man that was going behind him quickly grabbed a hold of the boys wrist "Now where do you think you're going? we're not finished with you yet" he said with a smirk over to his goons before roughly starting to drag him further down the alley out of sight.

Cartri tried his best to pull himself away from his grip, but all that did was allow the man to squeeze harder on his hand "Let go of me!" he grunted through gritted teeth while the other two kept an eye on the alley entrance. Suddenly, the stranger gripping his hand forcefully pushed him against the wall and grabbed a hold of his shirt collar to lift him off his feet a few inches "So kid, what credits do you have?" the criminal said with a wide grin, his other two friends amused by the event going on behind them. Cartri stared back at him calmly, and surprisingly didn't show any fear just yet as he truly had his back against the wall right now "What credits?" the teen replied back with a grin of his own, forcing the criminal before him to chuckle from the smart comment "Look here boys, we have a wise guy..." he said while looking to his buddies, who had fully turned to watch them now "Yea, and you still haven't been wise enough to check my pockets yet dumbass" the boy remarked again, forcing the criminal to snap his head back to him, starting to get by annoyed the pesky kid "Listen here kid, that tongue of yours has gotten you into deep trouble. Not only am I going to take your credits, but i'm going to take your teeth too" he grunted as he slowly withdrew his hand and formed a fist. Cartri opened his eyes wide and turned his head to the side, almost in anticipation for the worst "Crap..."

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Last edited:
Xan watched the goings-on carefully, waiting to see what these guys had in store. As she expected, they dragged the poor kid into the alleyway. "I gotta teah the kid some tricks one of these days." she muttered to herself before drawing her pistol and using the ascension cable to get herself onto the opposite roofs.

Once there, she peeked over the side of the alley and jumped down. Just before the thug could take his swing, Xan crashed down onto one of the thugs, knocking him out cold against the ground. "I'd suggest you let go before you burn your hands." she quipped as she stood up, her mask curling into a smirk as she rested a hand on her hip. The one holding Cartri dropped him immediately and charged at Xan, taking a swing at her. She effortlessly ducked underneath his fist and used his momentum to spin him around. His buddy drew a pistol and took aim, but accidentally hit his friend as Xan pushed him in the way. The guy went down and Xan retaliated, drawing her own blaster and putting a hole in his chest. She glanced around them as she holstered her weapon, then turned to face Cartri. "Sup, kid. Come on, before Denon's finest comes after us." she quipped, leading the way deeper into the alley and safely out into a different block as people freaked out on the other side.

She slipped her hands into her pockets as she walked with Cartri through a different crowd that was totally olbivious to the shooting thst took place. "I legitimately thought that you had some sort of self defense training or something." she spoke up, glancing at him. "Guess I assumed wrong." she continued, looking ahead of them again.

"You hungry?" she asked him as she glanced back at him.

Cartri was expecting the strike at any moment, but instead a voice blocked that from happening. The teen slowly opened his eyes and looked to the left of him to see someone familiar, Xan. She was standing above one of the thugs that had been knocked out cold by an impressive move, her mask showing the clear enjoyment. The red head slowly smirked at her, a sense of relief flowing through him "Where the he-" he said before being unceremoniously dropped to the floor, a grunt coming from his lips as he leaned up against the wall in a sitting position. He watched on as the confident thug ran at her and instantly regretted it when he was shot by his own buddy, forcing his lifeless body to fall to the floor. Almost out of instinct she quickly aimed her pistol at the last thug and shot him down in a matter of seconds, making Cartri look at the scene in front of him in surprise "Damn..." he whispered to himself as he slowly got to his feet.

He quickly dusted himself off and followed the orders of Xan, who took them deeper into the dim alleyway. Eventually, they reached the other side and walked amongst a different crowd who had no idea what happened, which got them away with murder for now "Thanks for the assist..." he mumbled silently, knowing that he worsened the situation with his cocky words. Cartri looked up to her and slowly shook his head when she thought he had special training, a thought that was almost laughable to him "I have a good punch on me, but I doubt that would do anything against three grown men" he said with a small shake of his head, a sigh coming from his lips as he dodged past some bystanders "I mean, you could say that I do have something special, but I choose not to use it on people so much for the sake of me and them" commented Cartri who seemed to look almost ashamed about something as they rounded the corner. Xan offered to get some food but the boy didn't seem interested "Thanks for the offer, but I've already eaten" he said with a small smile, his gaze looking back up to her once more "Where did you learn to shoot and move like that, if you don't mind me asking?" the boy said in a way of changing the subject, not wanting to get into it much more than it was.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

As they wove through the crowd, Cartri thanked her for her help. "Not a problem, kid. Just don't make a habit of it. I won't always be there to help you out." she warned him casually as she glanced down at him. For the most part, she remained quiet. However, her interest perked up at the mention of 'something special' which she had a guess to what it was. She kept quiet about it, however, opting to ask him about it later. He declined her offer of food which she expected. Giving him a shrug, she glanced ahead of them. "Suit yourself." she quipped, taking the lead.

She stopped by a shop and bought a chocolate bar for the both of them. Handing his to him with one hand, she took off her mask and slipped it into her pocket before opening her own. She glanced at him for a second then ahead of them as she thought about how to answer him. "I was a soldier of sorts." she stated bluntly before taking a bite from her chocolate. A childish smile formed on her lips as the chocolate melted in her mouth. "I need to make a note of where that dude's shop is. This is good stuff." she commented, looking at the chocolate. Looking at Cartri, a smirk formed on her magenta lips. "Don't tell anyone about this, otherwise they might figure out my weakness." she joked, taking another bite.

Once they were out of the crowd, she started to make her way towards the Blue Flame. "Tell me, kid. What is this 'special something' of yours?" she asked as she tossed her candy wrapper in a bin. "Does it have something to do with being able to move things with your mind?" she asked him, deciding to follow up on her suspicions. If he was indeed a force user, she could see the use of someone like him in Darkwire... though training him to be useful would be another task entirely.

"Don't worry about me, I normally avoid those kind of situations" he replied to her warning, knowing that he had to be more careful to who he talked with from now on. They slowly came to a stop near a shop before Xan went inside to grab a chocolate bar for the both of them "Thanks" he said as he hesitantly grabbed the bar. Even though he was full, there was no resisting chocolate in any circumstances. His eyes lit up from the sight of it alone, but as soon as he took a bite it was like heaven "Of course, i'll be going back there very soon" smiled the boy before giggling from the weakness comment "At least I know what to use to bribe you now" Cartri said with a joke of his own.

The red head finished his chocolate and threw his wrapper in the bin as they drew closer to the Blue Flame, his spirit raised from the scrumptious food he had just eaten. Although, when the subject he wished to keep under wraps was brought up again a small frown crossed his lips as he came to a stop beside a wall "Yes..." he said with a groan while looking around himself for anyone listening "I'd call it more of a pain than a gift, especially with the amount of shit it has got me into. You see, I only discovered this force thing when I was eight and all that time I still struggle to control it." the boy said before slowly looking at the ground as if something had troubled him "Especially when I get angry... it almost feels the force ta-..." Cartri hesitated when he looked up to Xan with concern "A-actually... it doesn't matter. You don't need to hear it" mumbled Cartri who tried to walk past Xan in the direction of the Blue Flame, knowing he had revealed too much about himself to someone he barely knew.

Last edited:
Standing outside the Blue Flame, Cartri opened up to Xan. He admitted what she suspected and also gave a bit of insight as to what issues he was dealing with over it. But he quickly stopped himself and tried to walk past her. A hand quickly came up and pressed against his chest, stopping him from walking past her. "I can keep my mouth shut, kiddo. You can talk to me." she muttered, looking at him with a hint of concern in her eyes.

She dropped her hand and turned to enter the Blue Flame, motioning for him to follow her. She ordered a cider for herself and a cola for him before finding an open booth for them. The bar was pretty quiet, but she still preferred to stay out of earshot from people. She sipped at her bottle as she studied him for several moments in silence. "I know what you're struggling with. Before I got here, I... knew a guy. A Jedi. He used to struggle with his power as well but he overcame it." she admitted to him with a quiet voice. "You need a teacher, kid. You'll never figure out how to use your powers on your own. On top of that, you seriously need to learn how to take care of yourself. You're... what? Thirteen? Fourteen? You're an easy target and you look the part as well. On a planet like this, that's a problem if you don't know how to use it to your advantage." she explained, sitting back while taking a sip from her cider.

She looking over for a few more seconds as she thought about what she was planning. "You wanna learn how to get better? I can teach you. It's hardcore training but you'll be able to take on anyone who challenge you. On top of that, if you wanna learn how to control your power, I can reach out to my friend. See if he's willing to give you a crash course on how not to do stuff." she offered him calmly. It wasn't her thing to teach people, but she may or may not have developed a bit of a soft spot for the kid. At the very least, she just wanted him to be able to take care of himself without her playing overwatch for him.

"So, kid? What's your thoughts on this?" she asked him with a tilt of her head as she casually nursed her drink.

A hand raised up to his chest and prevented him from moving forwards as he tried to escape questioning, a small sigh escaping his lips as he looked into her concerned eyes. Considering he had only known Xan for a short time, Cartri believed that Xan wouldn't tell anyone about his true feelings. With a small nod to her request, he slowly followed her into the Inn and sat down in an empty booth with a cold cola in hand, his blue eyes anxiously gazing into hers as she looked at him in silence.

Cartri gripped his drink tightly and nodded to what she had to say, a small frown crossing the corner of his lips when she mentioned that he wasn't the only one. Xan genuinely seemed to care about him compared to other people throughout the years. It felt strange to him yet comforting that a person actually cared for him for once in his life "15..." corrected the boy as she went along with her speech. However, a proposition soon peaked his interest. He slowly leaned up his chair and took a sip of his cola in deep thought, torn between going with his heart or mind. His mind desperately told him not to while his heart pleaded with him to do what was right for himself "If I were to say yes and do the training, what if I never get better and keep the way I am?" asked the kid hesitantly to Xan

He knew Xan was right and he had to adapt to his new environment, a prospect that seemed daunting and fast for him "And to be fair, you wouldn't expect a walking lightshow to be a teacher" Cartri said jokingly with a small smile to lighten himself up after a few moments of sadness, before raising his bottle of coke to his lips to gulp down some coke. One of his traits was to try and keep a positive attitude no matter the circumstances, and keep in a good frame of mind for himself and other peoples sake. No one else was there to comfort him when he was upset, so it was his job to do it himself.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan noticed immediately that her offers piqued his interest. She leaned in a little and listened closely to him as he voiced his concerns. She flashed a confident grin and took a sip of her drink. "Unless you're dumb as bricks, I'm sure you'll learn. Nothing's wrong with you, kiddo. On the contrary, you're extremely lucky. If I had the force like you, I would have been karking untouchable." she assured him with a light smack on his shoulder with her hand. "It's just a matter of learning how to control the powers you were born with. And if my friend can learn how to use his power, you can too." she continued with a wink.

As she took another sip of her drink, she nearly choked on it as he made his joke. She coughed a bit as she chuckled at the comment, giving him a shrug as she looked at him. "You wouldn't expect a bunch of things from a walking light show. But at the same time, you wouldn't expect someone dressed like this on a planet like this to be a poor little defenseless gal. This getup's helped me out a bunch on this planet." she admitted as she sat back, scratching the back of her head. She finished off her drink and covered her mouth to release a muffled burp before slipping her mask back on. "'Scuse me." she muttered as she adjusted her mask. "It's your choice if you want that training. Like I said, it's gonna be tough. You'll probably hate me for a good part of it. But the payoff's gonna be worth it." she repeated as she glanced around them, studying the few other patrons in the place.

She looked back to Cartri and studied him with her piercing golden eyes for several seconds before speaking up. "What are you doing on this planet, kid?" she asked calmly. "You're not a criminal, you're not a killer... you're not like the rest of the scum on this rock. What kind of high were you on to wanna come here?" she asked as she sat forward, curious to hear his answer. It was rather annoying, but she couldn't deny that the boy was getting under her skin...

Cartri listened closely to her reply and nodded in agreement, she wasn't wrong and as long as he followed her lead things were bound to be fine "Yea... I guess your right" he said confidently this time before taking another sip of his drink. He appreciated the fact that she was being honest with him and didn't sugar coat things like people usually did, it was refreshing and something different from what he was used too. He stopped drinking his cola when she made the comment about the training, and wondered what he was going to go through to hate her so much. Well, there was only one way to find out.

He still pondered about the training for now as Xan decided to ask a more serious question, why was he even here? yes, he was different in ways to everyone on this planet, but that didn't make him any stranger than anyone else on Denon. The boy sat there silently for a few seconds and looked into Xans eyes in deep thought, almost hesitate to even say his answer "I'm here because I had no other choice..." he mumbled over to her "I was alone on that planet for 15 years, with no hope or future on the horizon. The orphanage who I stayed with were plotting to throw me out, mainly due to no one wanting me and the cost of keeping me there. And if that happened, I don't know how long I would of lasted..." said Cartri was a blank expression while his head slowly looked down to the table, his mood solemn and pained from from former memories "When Kade came along, he gave me hope that I was made for a purpose, to help people and fight for what was right. That's why I'm here, to make a difference and form a path for myself which I couldn't do on Garos IV" he sniffled, his eyes filling with tears as he tried to avoid any indications of that to Xan "Down there I was a castaway who nobody wanted, a brat who everyone looked down upon... My question is why... what did I do to deserve such a life?" choked Cartri this time, his right hand beginning shake from a mixture of anger and sadness.

The boy slowly raised his left arm up to his face to wipe any tears that managed to slip through the cracks, a small sobbing sound coming from him as he finally looked back at Xan. Although, his right hand was still visibly shaking from the emotions that were running through him. His left arm went down and held it, almost as if he was trying to stop something from coming out inside of him "I-i'm sorry about that..." he said with a small sigh
"I never react well when I talk about myself like that..."

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Last edited:
To Xan's surprise, he completely opened up to her. He confided in her and told her his story from beginning to end. Xan sat in silence, staring at him with curious eyes as he eventually started to tear up. A faint look of sympathy filled her eyes but she didn't move a muscle apart from taking a sip of her drink. She noticed his shaking hand and watched how he forced his hand to stop. Her gaze shifted from his hand to his face as he apologized. "It's alright, kid. Hell, my paranoid side is telling me to expect a knife to the throat any moment now." she tried to joke with a smile, but it quickly faltered as she cleared her throat and stared down at the table.

"Look on the brighter side, kiddo. You got out. Even if you didn't have help, I'm sure you would have found a way out. Plus you might stick out on this planet, but I'm sure this isn't your first time that you had to grow some sticky fingers." she commented as she glanced around again. Her face darkened as she looked at him for a second, a much more genuine tone appearing in her voice. "At least you had a way out." she muttered softly before clearing her throat. Just like that, her indifferent attitude and smug look returned. "Dink up. We can head back to the apartment. Unless you got something in mind that you still wanna do, I don't see a reason for us to just vegetate in the corner of the bar for the rest of the day." she suggested as she downed her drink and rose from the booth. Soon enough they were in the streets again and Xan was leading the way to the apartment. Once they entered, she tossed her cap and mask aside along with her jacket. With a sigh she freed herself of her shoulder holster and dropped it on top of her jacket.

She dropped down onto the couch and freed her feet of her boots with a content sigh. "I feel flat today. No clue why, though." she muttered as she rested an arm over her eyes. After a few moments of silence she cleared her throat again. "Her Cartri." she perked up, lifting her head to look at him. "You might be surprised to find our goals aren't all that far apart." she confessed with a wink before resting her arm over her eyes again. And with that, she simply rested her body for a bit before paging around on her datapad, hoping for something interesting to pop up.

Cartri could only chuckle to the joke as he lowered his arm back to the table with a few sniffles, slightly embarrassed that he had cried in front of Xan and opened up about his true feelings. In his life he hadn't really opened up to anyone like that, mainly because he had been around people who wouldn't understand or because he simply didn't trust them. Although, Xan was different. For the short time they had known each other for she understood him more than anyone else did, almost as if she had experienced it before. None the less, deep down he was finally able to talk to someone and let go some of his mental baggage.

The boy nodded once more to the fact he stuck out to everyone on this planet, which was quite true. Although, he still stuck out in different ways on Garos too. He was the only kid he knew to be a force sensitive and due to that fact many people were quite cautious of him, and sometimes even avoided him. His hand reached over to the cola and grasped it once more to sip on it, knowing that he was finally starting to settle down "You're right, but everywhere I seem to go I'm always sticking out. Probably because I'm ginger..." he said with a joke of his own, a wide smile now crossing his face. However, his face would change for a few seconds on her next comment, knowing that she was quite serious with what she said. But, as soon as she smiled he grinned back before looking to the left of him to watch someone walk past.

"True, i'll quickly finish this so we can get going" replied the boy to her notion to leave as he grabbed his cola and gulped down the remaining contents of the can. With a small nod to her they got up and left, walking back through the cold and derelict streets of Denon back to her apartment. They soon got back without trouble and began to make themselves at home. Catri hung up his jumper and took off his shoes at the door, making sure they were left in a good state before walking into the living room. Cartri let out a sigh before placing himself on a couch next to Xan's, his hand coming up to his eyes to rub them out of tiredness "Probably because you've been listening to my sob stories lately." he said with a small smile as he continued to rub his light blue eyes, exhausted from all the walking he had done today. His ears picked up when she called his name, a small nod up coming from him to see what was up "Yea?" asked Cartri before listening to her statement, a look of surprise crossing his face "How so?" he replied as he lowered his hand to his lap to concentrate better.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Last edited:
Xan snickered at his quip, but simply shook her head as she laid on the couch. "Nah it's not that... I think it's just one of those days." she commented as she let out a sigh. But when she admitted a little something about him, she didn't expect him to get curious. She looked up from her datapad at him as her face darkened, not wanting to say anything more. She looked back to her datapad and simply kept playing around on it, seemingly ignoring him flat for a few moments.

"I'm not really who I say I am." she admitted softly as she set her datapad down on her lap. She really didn't want to tell him. After what happened last time, she was quite against telling anyone. But then again, the kid seemed trustworthy enough. They got along good and he seemed to know how to keep his mouth shut. Plus he was defenceless enough to eliminate in short order if he snitched on her at all. And with that mindset, she reached up and pulled the golden contact lenses from her eyes. She blinked a few times and set them on the coffee table then looked at him as she sat upright. Her pale and lifeless eyes studied him for a few seconds longer. There was no turning back now. "I'm not really called Xan. This isn't who I actually am or what I do for a living. This look, this name, all of this, was simply what I fabricated when I wanted to disappear from the galaxy. Where I grew up, it was nonstop training and learning all day every day. I can be whoever I want to be whenever and wherever." she admitted with a cold and neutral tone as she looked into his eyes. "Cherry on top is my enhancements. I can rival a Jedi with reflexes and I could probably square off with a Wookiee if I needed to. But this life... it's not what I want." she spoke softly, unmoving in her position.

"I don't want to be a master at espionage or an assassin lending their services to whoever can afford me. I just... want to be me. That's my goal, kiddo. To have a family or something someday." she finally finished with a sigh as she sat back. But that only lasted for a second before she rose from her seat and walked over to him. "I'm telling you this because I trust you." she stated as she loomed over him, her hands resting on the couch either side of his head. "This gets out to anyone outside this room... I'm coming after you." she warned him with a cold voice before dropping onto the couch beside him. "That's why you're lucky, kid. You can at least be who you really are. I don't have that luxury." she commented, her usual relaxed and casual voice returning as she looked at him.

Last edited:
Cartri stared at her and awaited an answer that didn't seem to come, his eyes lowering slightly from the thought of going to far. However, when he leaned back in his chair Xan decided to open up to him. The boy could only listen closely in surprise, his eyes wide slightly from what he was hearing. There was clearly more that met the eye with Xan, or whatever her real name was, but it was clear it wasn't a wise choice to pry any further into her life. As well as this, Cartri was also about to learn how serious this conversation truly was. Xan rose out of her seat and walked over to him with purpose, looming over him in a way that could only be described as intimidating. For the first time, Xan talked to him with true malice in her voice to issue a warning, a sentence that sent a shiver down Cartri's spine "Yea sure..." he mumbled back to her as he shuffled uneasily in his seat.

His body eased up when Xan decided to sit down on the couch next to him, her voice voice slowly going back to how it should of been "After hearing that I think you're right" nodded the boy in confirmation to himself, promising himself to not asking anything else about her past. It was clear that she had been through a lot in her life, probably more than he ever did tenfold. Although, there was still something about her, something more dark than he ever dared to imagine, yet it was probably best that he never found out. Cartri gazed into her now pale eyes that looked completely different than before, a change that almost made her look like a new person "Xan... I think i've made a decision on the training" he said in order to change the subject, hoping to bring things into a more positive mood. The boy hesitates for a few moments before leaning out of his seat, his eyes locked on Xan "I'll do it..." he said with a small smile "If it helps me control what's been causing problem after problem in my life then I don't see why I should try it"

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Last edited:
At least he seemed honest when she issued her threat. The only assumption she could make was that he was either speaking out of fear... or that he looked out for those close to him. She hoped that the latter was the case. As she sat beside him, she simply relaxed but glanced at him out of the corner of her eye when he spoke her name. "Oh? What is is?" she perked up calmly as she turned slightly and rested her hands on the back of her head.

A small smile appeared on her lips when he agreed to the force training. It seemed that she finally had something with substance to bother Cas with now. Wordlessly she placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a gentle shake, smiling down at him. "Alright then. I'll get to contacting my guy a bit later." she said before standing up to get herself a soda from her fridge. She opened her can and walked back to the sofa to hand Cartri one of his own. "I gotta ask, though. What about the other proposal? You wanna do my training with me or should we wait with that and do one thing at a time?" she asked as she sat back down, sipping at her drink. She turned slightly and looked him over with her pale eyes, hiding her smile behind her can of soda. "Say, you wanna go do something? I heard of an amusement park or something like that in the other side of the Seven Corners. Or do we just wanna relax here at home?" she asked him with her grin only growing more.

It was an odd sensation to feel but certainly not unfamiliar to the woman. Having someone she could trust and be herself around. She just hoped that what she had going with the kid wouldn't go south like it did last time...

Cartri's smile only seemed to get wider when he watched Xans reaction, who seemed to be more than pleased with his decision to take up her offer "Thank you..." he said while she put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle shake, letting it known that she was proud of him. The boy gave a small nod of appreciation after she handed him a can, leaving him to open it carefully and sip on it gradually "Oh of course, i'll be happy to do both at the same time" answered Cartri to her training question, knowing he still needed to do more work to reach his full potential. Physically, he was stronger than the average 15 year old, and could run quite an impressive distance without stopping. Yet even he knew there was room for improvement.

He tiredly chugged on his can and raised an eyebrow to the proposition of an amusement park, something of which he yet to experience in his short life. Although, his body didn't seem up for it as he increasingly struggled to stay awake "Probably not today, but if you're free tomorrow we can go check it out?" he said with a grin "In my current tired state I won't be able to beat you in the amusement games" taunted the boy in a competitive manner. With another rub of his eyes he sluggishly raised himself from the chair and walked to his room, his head turning back with the smirk as before
"Try not to think about it to much, else you'll find i'll become a nightmareeeee"
the boy faded into a mere whisper before turning around and raising a hand just above his shoulder to say goodnight.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

"Famous last words." she teased as he agreed to her offer. She had no doubt he could do it... but it was harsh and brutal training. But if she could at least teach him and train him enough to hold his own, she would consider it a job well done.

She nodded when he declined her offer, thinking as well that it might be a better idea to just crash into bed. "Yeah, that's a plan. I'd also prefer if it were a fair challenge." she joked as she watched him leave for his room. She snickered at his comment and turned in her seat to face him more. "With that hair you already are!" she called out after him before slumping into her couch, soda in hand.

She took another sip of it and smiled gently as she thought about the whole scenario and how she felt about it. To put it simply, she trusted the kid. She was, once again at risk of saying too much and compromising herself all over again with someone... and just like last time, she was fine with it. After all, with Cas' loose lips it was bound to come out anyway. So it was just better getting him in the loop early on.

She just hoped that this wouldn't whither and fade like last time...

/End thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom