Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I revive the order of the grey, take 2

Should i Revive it?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Ok, before anyone asks, I can't seem to look at my old thread without resorting to use my phone, and that's a pain to post on. So instead I'm reposting it so I can hopefully see new responses from my computer.

What the title says, Should i revive it?

If i did i have other questions that should be answered.

Should it remain neutral like it was at the point of conception, or tie itself to a faction? Should they return to their original temple on Alderaan, and if so should they contact the Alderaanian queen and enter into conversations with the rulers of the planet. Or simply be that shadow that is not talked about.

What do you guys think, and is there any other questions to think over before this is truly put into action?

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I was thinking about putting a little bit of history down, though this was more a set of questions for those that had prior experience or knowledge regarding my last attempt with the Order.

Alexandra Feanor said:
Ok, before anyone asks, I can't seem to look at my old thread without resorting to use my phone, and that's a pain to post on. So instead I'm reposting it so I can hopefully see new responses from my computer.

What the title says, Should i revive it?

No

If i did i have other questions that should be answered.

Should it remain neutral like it was at the point of conception, or tie itself to a faction?

Neutral/be it's own faction.

Should they return to their original temple on Alderaan, and if so should they contact the Alderaanian queen and enter into conversations with the rulers of the planet. Or simply be that shadow that is not talked about.

Shadow.

What do you guys think, and is there any other questions to think over before this is truly put into action?

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

I like seeing anything new. Examples like in Fallout and Skyrim, after playing it so long... I'll change Stormcloaks or the Brotherhood into different factions just to give some new spice to the game. Maybe I don't entirely hate the enemy this time around. Or maybe it will be "purge the devil" kind of style.

All I see is Sith, Sith, Empire, Sith, Empire, Sith, Empire, Empire, Jedi, Jedi, Sith, Jedi.

Please, Order of the grey, something new.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Ijaat Mereel"]

Thats one of the main reasons i let the Order of the Grey fade, though with nearly everything already been done, i was curious about seeing what people thought of a new one.

[member="Aramir Eldarion"]

Thank you for the opinion.

Ijaat Mereel said:
This. There is almost always a reason said faction dies. Move on and learn from it.
If the faction dies, it dies for a reason. Figure out why, or else you will make the same mistakes again.

I have seen way too many "Grey Jedi" factions that are about gather Rogue Jedi, Grey Jedi, and even Dark Jedi into one place. And thats not how they operate. Here is my idea on how it works.

Jedi - Trying to be the most Paladin like, trying to be the most good to save people, while still uphold the Law. Keep to a strict set of codes. - IE Mace Windu
Grey Jedi - Mostly a Jedi, but breaks the said codes above because sometimes, breaking the code for the greater good is necessary. IE - Qui-gon, Obi-wan
Dark Jedi - Jedi who are not afraid to use the dark side of the force here and there. They generally don't follow a strict code, HOWEVER they can still act in good ways. However, most of the time they don't. - IE: Skywalker/Vader, Ventress
Sith - Root of evil, they generally don't care about anyone who is weaker than themselves. They act of their own accord, and if they take on an apprentice, they know that their apprentice will become better than they could. but ONLY to progress the Sith kind. otherwise, its mostly about themselves.

Now of course there are special cases! We all know about those because they were people that flipped and flopped from one side to the other never really finding their place within this raking above. And those are what I consider to be

Rogue Force Users - Someone who once followed one sect from above, but switches, and/or moves from place to place because it suits them. They almost never hold higher positions of power due to moving so much, and/or if they do hold that power, they got it through a wide variety of means.

With your Order of the Grey that you made long back, you were trying to gather the Grey Jedi, Dark Jedi, and Rogue Jedi together in one place. Which was very difficult because of how they acted. As well, each person is different. So you had the people who liked working together working together, and not with anyone else. And that creates a rift within the faction. IE: the Faction splits apart, and dies out.

Now, its your turn.

Build the same faction again? No. It won't work, and will not last long. I promise. Build a different faction built under different rules? Sure! If you see, with the Primeval faction, they Gathered people from all sorts of categories for their religion. And that is because they all fought FOR ONE IDEA/IDEAL and as such, you could see Sith, Dark Jedi, and Rogue Force users working together. Because they all found a common interest and worked past the quirks to make the faction work.

Now I know that the faction is dead now, and that is due to RL problems that took hold for some of the Admins and those who were in the faction itself. And as such, it died. However, in your case, Your faction died because you didn't have ONE SINGULAR GOAL that was set for any who joined. IE, why I only had one character join you guys, but I didn't stay long. Why? LOA, and because I knew the faction was a flash in the pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom