Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shotgun Aftermath

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna shook her hand in a 'so so' fashion. "So far it's been mostly combat training. Rayia is still leagues away from being ready to start training, since by the jedi standard, she's still a youngling. With Ko, I've more been trying to prep him for the coming war with the mandos. I took him on a field trip to Cathar where I gave him some space to show off, give me a base line for his force powers and his skill in combat. He's really focused on earth shaping, so I gave him some pointers on that front." She chuckled, sounding a bit proud of herself in the next sentence. "Told him if he got good enough, he could be controlling asteroids in combat against a mando. Everything's groovy with beskar until a rock falls on you from the sky." She paused, her own amusement at the thought faded. "Then we did some agility training. I figure if here's gonna go up against blasters and slugthrowers, he's gonna need to be able to be quick on his feet. So I threw him in a room with ten of those remote thingies, and see how long he lasted without fighting back. Gave him free reign to use his saber and the force to defend, but no attacking. I've got him running that as a drill every day till he can last ten minutes. Then uh..." She frowned. "I made him catch my raycon on Cathar. He went for the brute force way, trying to chase him down. I told him that that's not a bad plan if you can keep up with your target, but you could also just...lure them in. Plan ahead. Both are viable, but one is smarter. That's...all the training time we've had so far."

The cathar looked a little embarrassed at that fact. Given this was her first padawan, she felt lost most of the time, even if she hid that from Ko Vuto Ko Vuto . Ever since she got unfrozen, her own inadequacy plagued her in regards to the others around her. She wanted to make mastery someday. And she would, no doubt about that. The Cathar wouldn't allow herself to stop in the quest.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Valery listened quietly to what Jonyna said, and despite the cathar's sheepish look, Valery offered a warm smile, "Preparing them for the war is not a bad start. As long as you don't force them into combat when they're not ready. Just... preparing them to protect themselves is the first step to them protecting others," Valery said with a nod of approval. Her own training was always quite combative in nature too.

She had been a Lightsaber Instructor, the Battlemaster even, and now she was the Sword of the Jedi. Every Jedi expected the most intense combat training imaginable from her, and she didn't fail to meet those expectations.

"But in addition, I'd suggest you explore what it means to be a Jedi with them. Our philosophy and way of life, and how they feel their own destiny intertwines with it. They need to explore who they are as people as well."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Cathar sunk a little at that.

"...yeah, that's the part I'm gonna need help with. At this point, I don't know what the philosophy I'm supposed to be teaching is. There are parts of being a jedi I feel like a padawan about. I don't wanna admit it, but there's a part of me that believes I should still be a padawan. I mean, if I'm gonna be Ko and Rayia's teacher..."
She paused, pouting slightly at the thought. "You think we could do a sort of group lesson? I mean, something where me and my paddies could learn from the council? I figure with the war coming, it might be a good idea to at the very least reinforce to this new generation what being a jedi actually means, ya know? Lotta new padawans haven't seen combat, and...well, they had a pajama party last week. Maybe it's time to get them back in the mindset of actually doing what they're being trained to do. I'd certainly help me get a refresher course."

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"That's a good idea," Valery said with a smile. "I'm one of the more traditionally trained Jedi, so I know of every philosophy we've established. If you'd like to organize something and bring the Padawans together, as well as any Knights wanting to learn, I'd be happy to cover more of it. I'll send an open invitation to the Council as well, and we can all come together for it." With war on the horizon, it was going to be necessary for Jedi to be serious.

Instead of pajama parties, they were going to have to fight for their lives, whether or not they wanted to. The Council would never send the unprepared into combat, but war could also reach them anyway.

"We all have to be ready for what's coming next."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I don't..." She paused, looking at the ground in a shameful stance. "I don't want Ko or any of the others to feel like they have to fight. I can't force that on anyone. It has to be a choice. I made that choice a long time ago. When a stormtrooper pointed a blaster at a 5 year old cathar who only wanted some food..."

She knew the war would come to the padawans on Coruscant. War always did. She'd seen so many planets, so many cultures, all claim the Empire was on their side. That war would avoid their planet. It never did.

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery nodded, "I believe no Master should ever want to force their Padawans into combat. But at the same time, every Master should at least prepare them for it. During the last war against the Brotherhood of the Maw, we had numerous situations where we were attacked when we didn't expect it at all, so none of us had a choice but to fight or die." She still vividly remembered the attack against Coruscant, the ambush on Cato Neimoidia and even the Empire targeting Ilum.

War came with many unexpected things.

"So in addition to that combat training, a philosophy class will help make sure that when there is no choice, Jedi don't lose themselves in the heat of battle."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom