Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shot To The Heart (Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Trevura)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Omega Neutral Zone. Long respected by the Fringe -- at least until the Rebel Alliance started doing its thing, and then came Tar Mordren. A dangerous place, the Neutral Zone, and about to get a little bit more so.

This was, ideally, the final Rebel Alliance base they would have to handle. A pipe dream, to be sure. But over Tar Mordren was a huge space station, an ancient research complex focused on personal weapons. The Rebels had taken up residence there, and apparently dug up some pre-Dark Age technology. Their guns packed a harder punch.

Now, Seroth-class stealth frigates and Sekairo-class stealth transports converged on the space station from all angles. Objectives? Kill everything. Prevent escape. Capture the special weapons or their research before they could be destroyed.

In a Sekairo-class stealth transport, Rave Q. Merrill examined two hundred pounds of Richard Armitage. @[member="Lucianus Adair"] had a certain fascination for her. Then again, the man was a beast, she'd worked under Velok, she had a certain fascination for beasts in general.

The transport rocked as it banked for final approach, and she cleared her throat. "Thought that was flak for a second."

Na'Varro stood next to @[member="Ashin Varanin"] on the bridge of the Seroth-class frigate, arms folded and ready to go. He'd be tailing Ashin for this mission and providing back up while she destroyed all obstacles. Alen was good, but he was no Ashin Varanin. The Knight looked to the Master, ready to go at any moment.

Rekali the Hutt

R
Out from hyperspace came ships literally powered by the souls of the Fringe's prisoners. Entechment was a horrible, degrading thing, but it was efficient, and Ardak had not been able to remove it from the Ssi-Ruuk Culture yet, so he opted to have as many of the Fringe's prisoners sent to Lwehhk as he could to use them as power sources. A reminder to all those who thought to betray the Fringe, they could literally be a battery one day, helping the Fringe one way or another. In any case, the Fringe had plans to expand to Trevura, previously of the Neutral Zone, though that area seemed to grow smaller and less neutral everyday, and thus Ardak arrived. Soon they'd be landing, and he'd protect the goldiescales for another consecration ceremony. At times, his jobs seemed to be getting tedious.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

"Na'Varro," said Ashin without turning, one hand clasping her wrist behind her back, "consider this your swan song from Knighthood. You caught my attention at Javin, and the attention of the High Council. You're considered nearly ready, but I like to see for myself. Normally I take candidates for Master to the Spires of Hell, to the top of the Bluespire, and make them jump twenty thousand kilometres straight down. These days I don't have that kind of time."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Warren Valik was a bit of an adventurous man, though not in the typical sort one would think. Rather than go off to fight gammoreans and save fair maidens, he went off to find new technologies, testing new weapons as he went along. Today however, he'd be changing that. Quite frankly, his skill with a lightsaber was poor. Shoddy at best. Not that he thought the Lightsaber should be the focus of all study, but the Sith Lord needed to 'up his game' so to speak. So, unarmored save for an armorweave jacket, he readied to descend to the planet, and hone his ability with shiikashi. Or was Maka-Cho? Or Jupad? Dagnabbit he thought to himself and began looking over his datapad again and putting "Lightsaber forms" into the search engine.

"Appreciated and understood, ma'am." Na'Varro stood at Varanin's back, respectful of her command without the meekness of a true subordinate. He was more than ready for this task, he felt. He had learned for long enough. "I'll aim to display my skills in full."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"I don't doubt it, Na'Varro, but never forget that Mastery is more than simply skill. Any fool can swing a sabre with precision, or make a perfect arc of lightning. Mastery is control over yourself, your surroundings, and your choices, among other things."

The stealth frigate settled against the immense station, and Ashin stalked aft toward the airlock. It hissed open, and she dropped through, drawing Winterlight.

Rekali the Hutt

R
"Sir, we are arriving at the planet." One of the Blue Ssi-Ruuk, a noble by color scheme, informed him.

"Prepare the shuttles. This'll be a tough one so I need only the most fearless warriors available." He said, and many a crimson-colored Ssi-ruuk readied a rifle and hammered out to the shuttle bay, Ardak not far behind. They always found it odd that he joined them in battle, but it was an action that spoke two-fold, first it showed that he would protect their beliefs despite being an outsider, second it showed that even a Shreeftut was not above using a rifle in times of need.

This was the second time he had aided @[member="Rave Merrill"], directly or indirectly, since Javin. The woman, comparative to himself, was diminutive, yet not unattractive, and her youth belied a great deal of things about her.

“Flak…” He said, as if chewing over a mealy bit of food, glancing at her. “...no. Just turbulence.”

His eyes returned to the outside view. Another territory for the taking.

Spencer wandered a bit on the ship, she had a few errands to run and Ashin had company on the bridge. They headed towards their location and Spencer pranced down towards her quarters she had a few things to work out. Getting onto the holonet, she quickly did a search for vacation packages. Her mission was to find something inciting enough to lure the former Empress away from her work.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Shii-Cho! It was Shii-Cho! He said to himself as he realized he had mixed up the first two names of the lightsaber forms. Diverting himself from public channels into the Fringe database he looked to see if he could find any thesis's or dissertations done on the subject of saberplay. He was disapointed to find their were not any published. How could Ashin, or and of the Sith or Jedi refer to lightsaber combat as art when there hadn't even been a dissertation written on it? He sighed to himself and began looking through the military's resources, reports and analysis of various missions. Perhaps he'd find something there.

@[member="Lucianus Adair"] got half a smile for that one; it might have reached her ageless eyes, or maybe not. "Straightforward to the point of being prosaic," she said, as the vessel made gentle contact with the station. "Let's hope your combat style surpasses your conversational skills."

A hatch irised open, and Rave stalked through, a double-barrelled assault rifle in her arms and two Derriphan's Eyes on her belt.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"I believe I understand the concept."

Alen followed the former Sith Empress, realising if they had met earlier they would likely have fought until death took one of them. Most likely Alen, he knew his limits. However, he drew one of his lightsaber hilts and ignited it, its crimson hue illuminating the doorway. The bearded man stepped forward, past Ashin and into the gloom.

"I'll take point, if you don't mind."

Zius walked up to Alen and Ashin in his full armoured appearance. Same red cybernetic eye gazing through the translucence of the visor as he listened to their conversation.

"Would you have my aid as well, Na'Varro?"

He uttered in his cold, joyless tone. Ready to band with his favoured ally once again, especially after Javin.

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"I would have it no other way -- so long as you're comfortable with an old Jedi sleeper agent watching your back. I betrayed and manipulated an Empire, Na'Varro, including many of my best friends." She smiled, and it just barely reached her eyes. "My hope is that you can focus on the here and now, knowing things like that. Consider that, too, part of your test of Mastery. Precision of mind. Clarity.

"Go."

Rekali the Hutt

R
Ardak took a few moments to put on a suit of armor, the only suit of armor fitting to human proportions on the ship as it happened, and then grabbed his SR-01 rifle and loaded it up, checking each component meticulously. There were somethings you simply never let go from the academies, and maintaining a weapon was one of them. Done with his warm up he stood and headed over to the shuttle bay and loaded up with the best of the Reds and the most pious of Golds.

"Ardak" The pilot nodded as he entered, acknowledging his entry.

"Rex" He replied with the mans name as he entered the shuttle and took his seat. He'd be in combat soon enough.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A Sekairo-class stealth light transport, named for one of the most tenacious enemies of the Fringe, touched down -- up. Upside-down, it settled onto the underside of the space station. Rasho dropped through the airlock, then found himself in an exactly opposite gravity field. He bobbed back and forth phlegmatically until his powerful arms grabbed the rim and he pulled himself out. For a moment there he'd been compressed, and his digestive tract did not approve.

His lightstaff ignited, and he moved into the bowels -- no, the guts -- no, the...welll, he moved into the station, seeking out Rebel opposition.

At the comment on his ‘conversational skills’, one corner of his mouth twitched upward, but laid to rest as if merely an unwarranted spasm. A mere moment afterward, the vessel docked, and they were on their way, he on her heel as they moved through the hatch.

Raevat, his one lightsaber, remained affixed to his person. He was alert, at the ready as always, with unyielding focus. The hatch irised shut behind them, and he reached for the dark, polished hilt attached to his side.

“It seems… quiet.” He observed, at a low volume of voice. "But it does not feel so."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

@[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"No reason why not, Aurus. Just make sure the Grand Admiral doesn't shiv me while my back is turned." He quipped. "Both of my former Masters betrayed the Sith Empire in their day. Both great men. Your admission gives me no pause, Varanin."

The Force sung to him, called his name, and he knew that enemies approached. They had been silent in their approach and had caught the enemy unawares, but they were still armed and dangerous. Stepping into a corridor, blasterfire erupted. Alen grimaced, erected a Shield, and sent a furious Force Push down the corridor, slamming the men into walls so hard that some heads smashed against the durasteel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom