Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Shoot for the Stars

As the VIPs gazed upon the projection and discussed among themselves the avatar of Parhelion turned to look at Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto "To you question, earlier, to Conductor Alyn, these speeds are capable at speeds of either passenger or cargo. Utilizing Galaxy Starways' patented rail technology the wheels have variable friction settings allowing the me to glide at maximum speed. However in so doing this produces enormous scarring on the structures of both my wheels and the rails. During evacuation protocols routine repair and inspection is forgone. The lives of the people of Coruscant are of the utmost priority. I will do my duty to them at any cost to my own integrity."

The faint rattling of the train's wheels over the durasteel rails filled some of the silence until Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau made his questions known "Galaxy Starways believes that in order to provide the best service to the Alliance that it requires an expedited means of circumnavigating regulations put forward by planetary authorities and special interest groups. War looms over us all and Galaxy Starways would see that the Alliance logistics systems are the best in the galaxy." the stark reminder was a break from the lavish setting and presentation "Internal estimations lead us to believe that the construction of three stations, 6 routes, and two yards would take over three standard years of negotiations with local authorities on the premise of land rights, utility usage, taxation obligations, local and planetary safety accreditations, union contract negotiations, contract bidding, grant applications, and workforce implementation. With the present legislation that estimation drops to a mere six standard months." Parhelion's words dropped off then resumed "Digital Citizenship is currently registered at Senate Station, Senate District, Surface Level, Coruscant, Galactic Alliance." with that the blue hologram slid backwards till it was before all the Senators "Thank you for participating in Galaxy Starway's formal presenation. Please remain seated for refreshments. Lighting will return to standard levels. Our next speaker shall be Mister Draung, Senior Legislative Liaison, and the most generous coordinator of this tour and expo." Parhelion put both palms on his upper thighs and bowed at the waist as he slowly faded from view. A blue ripple ran across all of the surfaces of the luxury car and, just as he had sad, the sun began to show through. The scenes of the gorgeous Senate District were again in full view. They were now several dozen meters above the pedestrian levels of the surface.

The doors at the front and the back of the car slid open and several attendants poured in as the seats the guests sat in slowly rotated so that they faced towards the aisle way, and tables emerged from several sections in the floor, concealed from both view and trampling feet, until they clicked into place creating a long table for each side of the car. Food was placed at each place. Some form of roasted meat, vegetables, a small soup, and a choice of wine or water. Once the attendants had made all the preparations and served, they left as quickly as they appeared. Where they left a sharply dressed Cathar man walked forward with his arms behind his back, posture straight as a plank, and an expression of someone who knew their way around a high class group "Greetings, honored guests, I am Mr. Draung the Senior Legislative Liaison for Galaxy Starways. I am here to answer any questions or concerns that you may have." he motioned at their meals "Please, enjoy your meals as we discuss matters. I assure you that the chefs have spent many hours of dedication, as have our attendants."

Auteme Auteme Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto [Open]

CC-Express-20211230-1313590-23524539208052164.png

Objective: Discuss attempts at corporatist overreach
Tags: Galaxy Starways Galaxy Starways Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Auteme Auteme

Background-Eraser-20220204-191452928.png
The glowing blue speaker disappeared, his question hadn't been totally clear, but it had been an answer, the fantastic top speeds were for use in emergencies and would cause damage to the lines, that's a shame. But she had already considered the claims for moving freight that fast by rail a little good to be true. She would need to look at the proper schematics and compare them with her own current mass transit system.

The new speaker arrived, a legislative liason, so this was the man behind the curtain. Poor man, I hope they were paying this man a lot to be emptying his rubbish onto their lawns.

"Mr. Draung, hi, I only have one question for you please." she said with a grin putting her datapad away. Speaking loudly enough to make sure all the other Senators heard too.

"Is this a joke?

are you and your train company all just having a laugh at these poor Senators and getting them riled up about theor Planetary autonomy. I will admit, your trains are nice, they are a purchasable commodity. But the three years quoted for that construction is absolutely acceptable for a major infrastructure project.

Those Planetary checks and balances are there for a reason Mr. Draung, to prevent either people or corporations abusing power and wealth to run over governments. You build your station and we go to our people when they question us?

Is it Environmentally sound?... don't know, weren't allowed to check

Are they using legal materials?... don't know, weren't allowed to check

Is it SAFE?

And then what of the next company, the train operators jealous of your ability to skip legislation and save billions, or what about the waste disposal company that use similar legislation to turn the likes of Lujo or Alderaan into dumping grounds.

So my question, considering all of that,

Is..this..a..joke?"

Xasha smiled sweetly and did not raise her voice once during the transaction and remained her soft spoken almost playful sounding self, but with a deadly serious ring to it. Having put it to words, it really brought the gravity of it to her and it was seething. She needed a drink now.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Lc422Xp.png

"Tiresh I-" Before he could finish his thought he realized that the presentation for Galaxy Starways was already well underway. He grimaced but leaned back into his chair to watch and listen. Pryce sipped his whiskey as the senator of Constancia spoke up. He wouldn't have put it in such harsh words but what she said was pretty much exactly what he was thinking. Just imagining an off-world corporation coming to Corellia and building stations without any checks or balances across the Coronet Frontier, pushing homesteaders and towns out of their way for their tracks and trains...It rattled him. Sure, they NEEDED that sort of transport, and the purported time of three years was three times as fast as most of the estimates he'd seen from Corellian train companies that were still locked in a bidding war to be the face of the new frontier. He'd gladly take three years and control over six months and not knowing anything going on behind the curtain.

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Galaxy Starways Galaxy Starways Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Auteme Auteme and others...

She couldn’t help but release a subtle scoff at the explanation that Parhelion offered for the wording of the legislation. It was quite horrific to imagine any corporation being allowed to simply bypass the process and do whatever was in their best interest in spite of local government and their protocols. There are good reasons that such expansive projects take time. Galaxy Starways Galaxy Starways was beginning to come off as greedy to her ears. She took another sip, rolling her eyes and giving Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce a sour expression regarding it all.

As the sun flooded in, she squinted as her eyes adjusted to the light, taking a look at the beautiful Coruscant skyline. She smiled politely and nodded her thanks as the nicely dressed attendants placed it in front of her and Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce . “Water, please.” The meal looked very intentional and well made, a pleasant surprise.

Tiresh’s eyes widened in moderate surprise at the pure bluntness of her ally, Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto , as she smashed the hammer down quite hard on Mr.Draung. She had been taking a sip of her water, and almost choked in it as she did her best to maintain her composure.

“Holy Chit.” She whispered to Draken through her glass. She put it down and a widening smile could not help but cross her face as she continued to listen. “I mean, she’s hitting the nail right on the head… which I appreciate… I just might not have used a sledge hammer myself.” She giggled. Tiresh immediately felt a sense of fondness growing towards the Senator of Constancia, and their previous altercation seemed to become more distant with every swing of her mighty hammer. If her gaze ever caught that of Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto , she would raise her hand and cross her thumb and forefinger in the shape of a heart.

When the Galaxy Starways Galaxy Starways Liaison, Mr. Draung, approached their table, Tiresh would smile and bat her eyes at him, which was almost an expression of sympathy for the lashing he was surely receiving from many Senators, “Mr. Draung! Senator Kobitana of Lujo. Thank you for such a wonderful demonstration, and the food is exceptional. You must be proud of what you have accomplished, not only in helping to create so many quality jobs in the wake of the devastations of Coruscant, but also in the quality of your product. I am also personally intrigued regarding the digital citizenship and the advancements you are making towards equality in that regard. Very impressive.”

She took her napkin and elegantly dabbed at her lips, then placed it down and let out a sigh as she regrettably prepared to continue his lashing, “What is not impressive, however, is the legislation that is being presented. My feelings align with those of Senator Callisto to be frank, and I find it difficult to quantify the values and innovations I have heard in your presentation with the seemingly greedy and inconsiderate approach you have towards expansion. Allow for me to be honest with you…” She took another sip of water, then looked up and smiled, choosing to speak her next words in a soft and pleasant tone, “This legislation has no chance of passing in the Senate as it currently is written. I don’t even believe that you will have much support from the Corporatists, to be frank. Unless you’re lining all of their pockets, but that is quite a lot of pockets. Favoring the interests of one business over that of others on a galactic scale is not going to be very attractive in general to most. It is a blatant abuse of corporate power over elected governmental systems, and it is, in every sense of the world, unacceptable to me. Now…” She tilted her head slightly to the side, as if in deep thought, “If you created a Standard Package that systems could choose to accept or not, then I see no harm in such a thing. But to force myself and the government of Lujo to bend to your will as a corporation and relinquish control of our own planet?” She didn’t finish her thought, instead assuming that he would get the drift of how she would never be ok with such an idea. So instead she shrugged, smiled, and nodded.

Last edited:

The unexpected tone and language used by Senator Callisto drew a glowering gaze from Mr. Draung who's face tightened with the increasing tension of the carriage. When Xasha had finished her speech and rejection of Galaxy Starway's ambitions the liason turned to the next person to speak, Senator Kobitana, who delivered a similar message although with some complimentary sentiments to soften the blow. Though these did not thaw the cold stare from Mr. Draung who walked through the aisleway, past the Senators each, without looking at them. His head held stiffly forward "We had expected a more sophisticated and amicable class of individuals to represent Constancia and Lujo. Pity. Do enjoy the fruits of honest work, Senators, it is such an uncommon activity in present company." once he reached the other end of the carriage the door slid open then shut again neatly once he had cleared the threshold. Galaxy Starways would have to look to others for support.

As Parhelion crossed the turn-about point in the route, the car's attendants, went to each Senator and would clear off their tables. Their smiles and service unwavering despite the unexpectedly hostile and brief negotiations. The more perceptive guests may have noticed behind the practiced demeanors of the attendants lurked a shadow of sorrow. Galaxy Starways had a very team oriented company culture, all shared in the failure and success of the crew. The crew of the Parhelion had simply failed to create an atmosphere conducive to a proper conference.

Whistles blew and a low horn bellowed as the Parhelion slowed as it entered the glass dome of Senate Station. A melodic dinging of a bell warned the platform again of the returning train. There was little discomfort when the Parhelion came to a stop, a minor lurch at the greatest. Platform attendants opened the doors. The petals had been cleared and the orchestra was no where to be seen.

"Senator Kobitana, Senator Pryce!" came the voice of an Twi'lek attendant who came from the ticket booth, two metal folders in her grasp "Please excuse me. I was instructed to give these to you both on your departure." she offered them a folder in each hand out stretched to the two Senators. Inside, if the intended recipients took them, were a series of plans. The plans that, apparently, Galaxy Starways had intended to fulfill on Lujo and Corellia. A series of fullsized stations that connected the major starports. They were logistical in nature save for a trio of routes planned on Lujo that were passenger lines that connected the the first, second, and third largest population centers to one another winding through scenic landscapes. An attempt to balance utility with the sightseeing of Lujo's famed vistas.
Auteme Auteme Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto [Open]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom