Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship maker sheet - have a play

THIS IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL. THIS IS FOR TESTING AND COMES WITH NO GUARANTEES ON SUBMISSIONS
So I've always wanted a little tool with sliders to play with starships for Chaos. You make it a little quicker, you have to make it a little less powerful, etc etc.

In the old days starships fell into very well defined buckets and involved lots of counting of guns and not very much flexibility.

The easiest way to create a ship this days is as follows:
  • Find the Class of ship you want to make
  • Click on the Spoilers
  • Find the cookie-cutter template and copy it
  • Tweak the stats
  • Add a picture (Most important step)
  • Add balanced strengths, weaknesses and descriptions
  • Submit it!
Have a play with this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37907379/ShipGuide.xlsx

It's very crude, but is fun to play with. I'd love to put it into a web app so you could put your stats in, fill out the template and have it generate the BBCode. I'd have to do some brushing up!

Download it, have a play and let me know what you think. It's a bit complex because speed stats are across the board, and armament ratings are per class of ship (e.g. Frigates). So to do some compensation the tool takes into account the size of the ship. A millennium falcon speed star destroyer is more expensive than a corvette. Putting ten hangars on a frigate is more expensive than for a battlecruiser.

You can get away with a bit more if you're making a unique ship, compared to a mass produced item.

Remember: Strengths and Weaknesses are just as important and can never be read by a tool. That's what Factory Judges are for!

Current issues:
  • Seems a little oversensitive to speed/man

[member="Raziel"]
Told me my armament 20, defence 20, speed 10 destroyer with 8 squadrons was taking the piss.

Literally unusable. Boycotting.

:p

But seriously, I love this thing, with some tweaks it'll be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom