Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship for Hire.

October

O
"Guts...No, just a level head, honestly though, I was scared chitless the whole time, even after I broke atmosphere I still looked over the scanner to see if they were following me." He said with a chuckle as he touched his side. The man sounded like he was attempting to make a joke saying that he's suprised that October hadn't tried to eat him yet. October started to laugh thinking the joke was hilarious. "Don't worry I'm sure you could take me on in a fight...Plus I try not to feed if I can help it. Most people don't approve of a pair of fangs in their neck." He'd joke.

J said the droid was keeping the ship out of the way of planets and stars. This made the vamp a bit nervous but he quickly shook the feeling. He would take the room key from J and nod in thanks. He asked if October used a blaster or lightsabre or claws, and the teen frowned.

"I mostly use my claws, I'm not one for blasters...And well I do have a lightsabre...It's just I misplaced it when I was bolting from the scavers." October said, he put emphasis on the word misplaced. He laughed at the fact that the man noticed the clawmarks on the table at the cantina. "Good eye." He'd comment.

@N'Jay Crowe

This kid had a better sense of humor than J, that's for sure. ​"Yeah I kind of like my neck the way it is. and don't worry these droids have an impeccable record only one in a billion fail at navigating, I know this one will not. I have a knack for these things"​ he hear the kid had a light saber but lost it fleeing from the scavers. in J's line of work a keen eye can be the difference between life and death. ​"It's surprising how much you can learn just by looking at some one or around them. like I knew you where a vampire from the start by your eyes but didn't know how far along you where until I saw the fangs and claws plus your lack of control of your urges. so that tell me your a fledging. now you said you 'misplaced' your light saber when fleeing, does that mean your a force user?" ​J eyed him carefully knowing that force users can be dangerous( flashing back to some painful memories) J grunt from the emotional pain. he takes a big swig from the bottle.

October

O
"I'm trusting you on that." He said shortly before letting out a nervous chuckle. The man went on to say that he could learn a lot by just looking at someone, saying that he knew October was a Energy Vampire and how he was tipped off by his eyes. Even more he knew that the boy was a fledgling by the way he couldn't control his urges. October wanted to aplaud the man for knowing a lot about him. Then came another question...If he was a force user. The teen sipped at his water.

"Aren't you the keen one...Umm yeah I'm a force user...Not very trained though, I was on Hoth hoping to get some peace and quiet...Both was just supposed to be a small stop for a week or so." He'd say as he looked into the glass. He then looked up to the man.

"So yeah I am a force user." He affirmed
@N'Jay Crowe

knowing people was both a stength and weekness for N'Jay, while it helped save his life multiple times and keeped him from looking like an fool durring seveal meetings. it also help get him in sticky situations that risked his lift and made him come out as a smart as$. oh well to each there own. it then occurred to him, ​"yah know if you where to go train in the force with a master you could learn to control you urges?"
​He hoped that the kid would stick to the light side of the force. even thinking of the Sith brings back painful memories, and a deep hatred for the power crazy homicidal lunatics. J does not know how much longer he can take talking thinking about the sith, but he also knew that in order to overcome it, he needs to. He finishes the bottle ​"oh I'm out of drink!" ​he stands up and gets water, walking back to the table he sits back down. looking troubled, failing in an attempt to hide it. he stairs at the water in the glass while periodically glancing at his holopad.

October

O
October figured he'd go and try to find a Jedi for that exact reason. He hoped there was a way to take only a small amount of energy and still keep the victim alive. He would smile. He really did hope. He drank some more of the water. "Yes, I do hope they know how to help me..." His voice would trail off. He was never one for being a baddie, even when he was feeding he found himself feeling bad for the poor sod he was feeding on.

The man got up muttering something about his alcohol being empty. Then he came back with water. Something seemed different when he came back. He looked and smelled like he was troubled. The teen would notice J looking into his water. "You okay?" He'd ask.

It's funny, most people think him a monster and upright avoid him, but the people who do talk to him find that he's just a normal unagaing teen.
@N'Jay Crowe

J snapped Back into reality when the kid started to speak. saying ​"you ok?"

ok, no far from it, but now's not the time for a break down. especially in front of some kid he barely knew. J shock his head. ​" Hum? yeah I'm good. just thinking." ​not a total lie but still not true. the truth? that's a story for another time. he looks at his holopad, still 6 and 1/2 days out. he swipes to the left pulling up a holo-projection of Hoth and the surrounding space. "​Hoth seems calm for now but with the war between the First Order and the Alliance things can heat up quick, even to a planet this cold." ​he really hoped to avoid a skirmish. he could not afford a new ship, plus he really liked this one.

October

O
The teen watched as J snapped back into reality and his eyes darted to October. J responded with a simple "I'm good" which made the teen shrug and drop the subject. He would take another sip of water. His urge to feed started to creep back into his mind. October shook his head a couple time to see if it'd go away but it still crept. He tried to focus on what the man was saying something about how he hoped the war didn't get to Hoth or the planet would heat up.

The teen smiled at that, it was sort of a joke, a war couldn't physically heat up a planet could it? He laughed a bit before clearing his throat. "I agree I'd rather not be caught up in some war...I just want to get my things and get out...Those scavengers should still be there seeing how I took their ship...So that means so is whatever they were scavenging." He said as he shoved his claws into his hands.

@N'Jay Crowe

The kid almost look like he was going to faint, but for a moment only. he was probably tired, N'jay was too but he finds it hard to sleep. but when the kid laughed when J said "​Hoth seems calm for now but with the war between the First Order and the Alliance things can heat up quick, even to a planet this cold." J's face light up redder than a Sith's light saber. ​"oh it can happen to any planet, just a single star destroyer can burn a planet, you ever wonder why Alderaan needed rebuilt? a super weapon named the death star completely blew up the planet. the Star crush did the same thing just instead of a planet it destroyed multiple solar systems by causing a supernova in even the most stable star. there were lots more of these types of weapons, most destroyed, some just rumors from a long time ago." ​he hated to think of such thing but such was the life of J. he would head back to the bridge soon.​ "you look tired, you should get some sleep, and tomorrow I can teach you how to use a blaster, effectively." ​J then starts to wonder ​' does one have to be turned into an energy vampire or is one born into it?' ​he kicks his feet up and starts to do research on the topic using the holopad. a few minutes latter he got up and started to go to the bridge.

October

O
The man started to speak of how superweapons could devastate planets. He spoke about Alderaan and how it had to be rebuilt. But those were just stories and rumours from a long time ago. The kind that mom and dad had shared with him. The man said that October looked tired. And that was when it hit him, he hadn't gotten much sleep since he got to Klatooine. Like a rock plunging to the bottom of an ocean, sleep started to drag him down. He would slowly rise from his seat. "Thanks J, it'd be nice to know how to actually shoot something." He said as he walked out of the galley. He made his way to his room, it was near the bathrooms from what he remembered. He used the key to get into it. He would let out a sigh of relief as he sat on the bottom bunk.

He would stay awake for a few minutes before laying down and drifting off to sleep.

-Nightmare-
October stood in a dank alleyway with his mentor. His mentor's red eyes peered into his soul. October's neck hurt. And it had been hurting for weeks. His mentor would speak in the same booming voice that he always had. "October. This is a gift. Your mother begged me to let you live. And I have, just not in the way you or she thought. I sense a power in you. The power of someone who could wield the force." He reached onto his belt. In his hand a lightsabre. October's mentor was not an evil man, he was just different. He said he killed October's parents out of necessity saying that if he didn't then he'd kill many more. October accepted that reasoning. He took the lightsabre from his mentor's hand. As soon as he did, the dream flashed to his mentor draining the energy from his father and it kept flashing.
-Nightmare over-

October stirred in his bed muttering. Sweat dripping over his body, the covers tangled around his arms and legs.
@N'Jay Crowe

J entered the bridge and sat down in the pilots chair ​"you know R-5 its weird having a kid on board, I know your new too but most people are normally at least 20 standard year old well those I can tell." ​the droid looked at him and started making harsh sharp noises. ​"Hey wacth it. I don't like the attitude, just don't get use killed."​ he didn't know if October believed the fact that super weapons existed at least back in the old days. while the galaxy may be free of them now. their inevitable return is guaranteed. one thing that scared him most, he can never escape. there is a reason J can never sleep easy with out nightmares, so he chooses not to sleep unless necessary but tonight sleeping is inevitable. he starts to loss conscience.

​he looked around scared, so scared. where was mom? or Dad? he heard screaming, he got up and looked out his door. Red is all he saw as a beam of red cut down his parents. fear took over, he ran. heard something chase him and smack. he ran into something. He looked up the face of evil stared back.it raised the red light saber and started to swing down....

"AAAAwe."​ he looked around the bridge. only R-5 was in there with him. he hated sleep. always the same night mare, the screaming and running from what? he knew and it sicked him ​"R-5 i'm going to my quarters" not that the droid cared but he was talking to himself more than to the droid.

October

O
The boy opened his eyes, he had no clue what time it was and sweat drenched his covers. He looked at them and noticed tears in them. Looking down at his hands, he would notice that his claws were out. He'd let out a small curse before throwing his covers off. He'd pull on his shirt and exit the room. The teen would head to the bathroom where he would wash his face. In the mirror he saw his bright blue eyes. He smiled, and there his fangs were as always. There were only a handful of times where his fangs and eyes reverted to the normal. He missed his brown eyes and how it matched his hair. He'd cup some water and splash it onto his hair. A few seconds later his shake out his hair.

He made his way out of the fresher and went towards the galley. He'd find the same seat that he sat in before, he sat down and waited.

He didn't know how long he was there, he just let time kind of go by, why care if you never really age...Or age reeeeaaallly slowly.

@N'Jay Crowe

N'Jay made his was to the cargo hold, oblivious to October being back in the galley, where he constructed a makeshift firing range. he slammed the red button that activated the blast doors, making it safe to fire his blaster. the walls in the hold are coated in a blaster suppressing material. he grabs his blaster and walks to the firing line. he load the E-11 with target shot, 3..2..1 now. targets started to pop up behind some cargo containers spread around the hold. he turns left, fires, the shot hit the chest area. then turning right fires 5 rapid fire shot at 3 targets, 2 hit ones head, one hit the ones heart area, and the remaining 2 hit the chest of the third target. he moved up, took out a throwing knife and hits a target in the neck that surprise popped out of a box to the upper left. two more targets pop out in front of him, one high and one low left. he spins around and slides spraying to the left, hit it 10 time. then he takes out a dud thermal detonator and throws it at the last target, 5.4.3.2.1 bang. the fake TD make a loud fake bang noise. he walks over the red button and presses it, opening the blast doors. he presides back to his quarters to freshen up.
[member="October"]

October

O
The teen sat back in his chair. Out of his pocket he pulled out a necklace, it was a simple Wolf head made out of silver. It helped him focus and calm down when he held it. The amulet itself did nothing, maybe it was just the idea of something he could count to when he got his urges. He put it out on the table and stared at it.

Soon he'd get his sabre and journal back...It was just a matter of days. October heard blaster fire off in the distance. He paid no attention to it as he continued to stare at the Wolf head. The teen wondered if the scavers found his sabre, he kept it near his things so he didn't know. He grabbed the water and began to sip at it.

@N'Jay Crowe

(ooc: just to speed it up we'll skip 4 days)

After spending 3 days trying to find another blaster to teach October how to shot, he finally found one. it was an old DL-44 that looked like it couldn't have been used in the last 50 years. J takes a closer look, ​'Well it looks fine, I'll go and see if October wants to learn today. he looked pretty occupied the past few days.' ​he put the pistol in his belt and walked from a crews quarters and proceeded to the Galley. '​I might as well get something to eat before we make it to Hoth, I have a felling that its going to be a fun ride'.​ he finds the kid in where he normally was the same chair at the galley table."​you ready to learn how to shot first then ask questions later? come on follow me" he was not sure how the kid would do, although he had high hopes, giving credit to the kid for controlling his feeding habits. that takes real strength a quality needed to be a good force user. control, something j still needed to work on.
[member="October"]

October

O
He was getting jittery it had been over a week since he last fed. The teen opened and closed his hands over and over again. His claws stuck out like a sore thumb, he began to tap the table. His senses had become heightened and jumbled. He smelled J, a bit later he began to hear footsteps getting closer, sweat ran down the teen's face. His eyes darted around the room. He took a deep breath, his fangs ached and his hands hurt.

N'Jay walked through the door. He had asked if October was ready to learn how to shoot a blaster before asking questions. The teen's eyes darted right to J.

"Um..Yeah...I'm ready." He pulled his shirt collar a few times.

"Are we anywhere near Hoth yet?" The teen would ask anxiously.

when walking toward the cargo hold October asked "Are we anywhere near Hoth yet?" looking at his holopad ​"we're only a few hours away, so lets get to practice. you'll need it if the scavers are still alive." ​he hands him the pistol. when they walk in the cargo hold he hits the red button to close the blast doors. ​"now the targets are set up, you'll start with a stationary target. come over and stand here. get into a good stance and have a firm grip on the gun. on use the sights to line up the shot, Concentrate, and when ready, fire." J took a step back hoping the kid would do well, with not knowing how many scavers, backup would be nice. but it was only him and the kid so comes the art of improvisation. if possible he could dray the scavers out and use the ships weapons to make Swiss cheese out of them or he could set trap to help too. but enough of that for now, the show was about to begin.
[member="October"]

October

O
October was relieved when he heard they were only a few hours away from Both. He followed J as they made their way to the cargo hold. J said something about practicing to shoot to survive. The teen looked at his claws and agreed slightly, if those scavers were still there, they'd be pissed and ready to shoot. Claws only worked if he was up close. He accepted the blaster pistol as the man closed the blast door.

The Energy Vampire listened as I gave him some advice on shooting, he looked at the target as it stood still. He spread his feet a bit wider than his shoulders. He raised his blaster and kept it steady, the teen took a breath before squeezing the trigger, as he did, a flash of his mentor entered his mind, it broke his concentration and the bolt flew out and missed the target by a longshot.

He looked over to J "umm sorry, got distracted..." He said apologetically.

@N'Jay Crowe

he knew it could take a while to get use to a gun, but even a 6 year of could shot better that that, the shot when far 1'O-clock of the target and hit the wall. the bolt when dead. ​'glad I installed the blaster suppressant insulation a few years back, or that bolt would bounce around and kill us' his gaze fell on October. he was not sure what the kid was thinking, but that was his problem, Thinking. ​"try Again. this time completely clear your mind of every thing. live in the moment, be the gun, see the target and shot". ​he hoped the kid would hit this time but nothing was guarantied. [member="October"]

October

O
The teen gave a faint smile as I spoke about the blast suppression doors. He looked over to @N'Jay Crowe. He hadn't actually hung out with someone for a while. It was weird having someone actually teach him just for the sake of teaching. October let out a breath as I told him to clear his mind be the gun, imagine the target and shoot.

October laughed dryly. It seemed a bit ridiculous but he was willing to try. He raised the blaster again and pushed aside all the thoughts of his past. He visualised the target and expelled some air from his lungs. He squeezed the trigger and the bolt was let loose. The sound of the bolt hitting the target made October smile.

It hit it near the right shoulder. He would smile as pure excitement washed over him.

"Wow I hit it....J I hit it!" He would say as if amazed.

@N'Jay Crowe

it took awhile but [member="October"] started to focus on only the task at hand, J heard the kid chuckle a bit. yeah I guess it was a little funny "be the gun" but it works, J would know that little saying saved him multiple times. then the bolt flew to the target hitting it in the shoulder ​"good job nice clean hit. see I told you being the gun would work. keep practicing, I need to head to the Bridge, we're about to enter the Hoth system, I'll be back." ​he headed back to the bridge where R-5 was making weird noises ​"ok calm down. how long till we exit hyperspace?" about 3 mins later they entered normal space beholding the fantastic asteroid ring. he figured he better hail the local power house. "​First Order government on Hoth, this is Captain Crowe of the ​Wild Flower.​ requesting entry to the planet side." ​he had only to wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom