Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship for Hire.

*Klatooine*
​The "Wild Flower" drops out of hyper-space. the first thing N'Jaysees is the beautiful planet of Klatooine out of his view port. he thinks to himself '​well I better contact the spaceport at Kossak'. He presses a few buttons on the comms system to contact the flite control. he hears over the comms "Kossak space port, what business do you have here?"
N'Jay replied " this is the Captain Crowe of the 'Wild Flower' requesting a landing pad for a couple of days while looking for work.". after a few minutes of silence the space port answers "Access granted, landing pad 5-C sending you the coordinates now." N'Jay then proceeds to the landing pad and lands the 'Wild Flower" and exits the ship. on the pad there is a space port guard who steps in front of N'Jay. he knew what as going on though "Here's 500 credits and there will be another 500 in it for you if my ship is still in the same condition where I get back" the guard walks back to the door to let him thru.
*Kossak*
After leaving the Space Port N'Jay continues on to the cantina, the best place to find jobs in any city, and upon arriving throws 40 credits at the bartender " I'll be in the back corner table, bring me something strong. I may be here a while".
he sits at the table thinking 'is this going to be another waste of my time?' he remains on edge about the locals in the cantina.

October

O
October kept his head down, his eyes rapidly darted back and forth as he walked around in Kossak spaceport. The energy vampire was bored and having a hard time finding someone to do. He kept his hands stuffed in his pockets. He needed to do something. He had heard about some abandoned base on Hoth through some travelers but had no way to get there.

He walked into some cantina with a sigh. His blue eyes peered around until he noticed a man in the back corner of the cantina. The boy kept his head down and walked towards him. The fledgling felt his claws come out so he pressed them against his palms. October had been to a few cantina's when he needed work, so he figured finding workers would be easy.

@N'Jay Crowe.

​N'Jay was in the cantina still sipping his drink '​Damn this is strong, I like it I need to get some for the ship'.​ but then he noticed an unusual being that just walked in. ​'If I'm not mistaken that it a energy vampire, definitely not native to Klatooine'. ​then the vampire looks directly at him and starts walking over to him with his head down. 'oh, he's coming over here, well ​(checks his e11 blaster on the chair next to him) ​better be prepared if things go south, hopefully he's only here to hire me'.​he continues to glans around the cantina while watching the vampire come closer. he waves down a server "​here's 20 more creds bring over another glass and get the man coming to this table what he wants" the server walks away to fetch a glass. N'Jay prepares for the worst but is hoping for a good job.

[member="October"]

October

O
The teen sat back in the chair as the man ordered another drink. The Energy Vampire looked around one more time, when the server came back with the man's drink he would smile.

"Just a glass of water..." He said with a slight growl in his voice, a slight hunger would eat at him but he kept it at ease. The teen felt his claws retract he put his hands on the table as his water was brought back to him. He muttered a quick thank you to the server.

The teen brought his gaze to the man. He seemed battle hardened. Perfect for helping get through a tight situation. He ran his hands through his hair before clearing his throat and flashing a smile. His fangs would show. Not to intimidate the man, but because he had no clue how to control his powers. He sipped the water.

"My name is October....And I'm looking for someone with a ship." That was all he would say until the man spoke again.
@N'Jay Crowe

when the kid sat down across from him he looked young, very young. which maybe N'Jay wonder '​how old is this kid? he only looks 14-15s standard years old. Where are his parents, no that's something I'll ask later'. ​when he only ordered water it almost saddened N'Jay. then the kid smiled, reveiling his fang.​ 'I knew it he is a energy vampire but what is he doing here?'.

when he spoke all he said was "My name is October....And I'm looking for someone with a ship."​ his voice surprised him, sounding 2-3 years older that the kid looked.

N'Jay still wondering what the kid wants replied ​"yeah? Well your in luck kid for I have a ship the 'Wild Flower' a modified Gozanti-class, but I cant help but wonder what use Me and my ship could be to you? are you trying to find something?" ​he leans back and takes another drink, sighs deeply and stairs the kid in the eyes.
[member="October"]

October

O
October waited for his response, his hunger died down a bit. The teen drank another sip of his water as he listened to the man speak. He said he had a ship but he asked a question, what October had needed a ship for. The man called his ship 'Wild Flower.' not the best name, but to each his own.

The teen thought for a second about what he was going to say. He smiled. "Wondering is good, wondering helps people stay alive. The truth is I love exploring, but people don't like me. Most think I'm a monster." He paused and sipped his water. "Anyway, I heard of some old base on Hoth. Should have some good gear if you'd be willing to make the trip." He said. His voice hopeful.

He had to admit, he wasn't used to people actually talking to him, most shunned him or avoided him. He did not have a good run with people, made a few mistakes, fed on the wrong person. But what could be do? It wasn't like he controlled his urges. He shook his head as he held the man's gaze.
@N'Jay Crowe

N'Jay was still unsure whether or not to trust the young vampire but he knew if worst can to worst he could take him on. then the response can as a little different than what was expected.
"Wondering is good, wondering helps people stay alive. The truth is I love exploring, but people don't like me. Most think I'm a monster." . "Anyway, I heard of some old base on Hoth. Should have some good gear if you'd be willing to make the trip."

not expecting that response he let the stair down and said ​"Hoth you say? It's been a long time since I've even been to that part of space. hum, I don't know, is it just you wanting to go? because it's going to cost you depending on if you you'll need my services for the whole trip or just for transport and housing during the trip? one last question, what do you expect to find at the old base on Hoth?"
​N'Jay just can't shake the felling that there is something wrong with this kid.
[member="October"]

October

O
The young Energy Vampire expected questions and when they came he wasn't surprised. He finished off the water and blinked a few times. October then sighed. "Yes I'd think I'll need your services the whole trip along with you accompanying me through the base." The next question threw the boy off a bit, he'd hoped the man wouldn't ask what he wanted to find it was nothing dangerous just personal.

He took a small breathe. "I left my journal there, I know it sounds pretty cheesy but it means a lot to me." He said was he touched the glass. He then looked up at the man. "The old base was my home a few months back, I only got to explore part of it till I had to leave in a hurry, came across a group of scavengers. But from what I saw, the gear was ripe for pickings." He would say.

He let out a nervous laugh and touched his fangs.

@N'Jay Crowe

N'Jay was expecting the fact that he would be needed the whole trip but looking at the portable holopad he finds out that the Hoth System is under First Order control. not perfect but workable.
​"well a journal is not the dumbest thing I've put my life in risk for so, seems legit. But the question of payment still remains.
​not wanting to admit it but for admitting to going to Hoth for a journal makes N'Jay start to like the kid.
​"here's the deal. I'll supply the transport, quarters, food, and weapons. And if your right about the salvage for payment I'll take what I want. but first I need to know if there would be any reason the First Order would hinder us, you are not wanted by them are you?"

October

O
October let out a breath of relief when he heard that the man had risked his life for less before. October ran his hand through his hair again his face lit up as the man accepted the offer allowing the boy transport, food and a room at the expense of whatever salvage they find.

The man asked if the First Order would have any problems with the duo being on Hoth, and if October had any bad blood with them. October frowned. "They should be fine, Im not one for trouble especially when that trouble is the First Order." He fixed his jacket, he was glad the man agreed, he had spent a month trying to get his journal back, it was mostly just jumbled up thoughts in there, but it also held memories and tips.

He smiled "Thanks I really appreciate it....Come to think of it, I haven't asked for your name."

@N'Jay Crowe

Upon hearing that the First Order would have no reason to halt them, N'Jays heart lightened ​"Well you being no problem with the first order is a relef, I don't have a problem with them so avoiding conflict with them is good for my personal wellbeing" ​then the October ask his name ​'hum should I tell him?' after a few seconds he said​ "the name N'Jay or J for short. my ship is on landing pad 5-C meat me there in a few hours so we can leave. first I need to find a new service droid for my ship."

​he leans forward to shake the kids hand still not sure what he was getting in to, but happy for the job and an opportunity to get out and explore.
​'maybe I'll go for the R5 model this time' ​he then told the kid "If there is Anything you need to get before we leave get it soon, oh and can you tell me where the local droid retailer is?" ​He starts to get up grabbing his E-11 blaster off the chair.
[member="October"]

October

O
The man said ge was relieved and that his name was N'Jay or J for short, as they shook hands he smiled. "Well met J" he then talked about how his ship was at landing pad 5-C the teen would nod before standing up.

J asked if there was anything the October needed before they headed off and October could not think of anything, he had left everything on Hoth. The teen shook his head. The man asked if he knew where the local droid retailer was and the Energy Vamp shook his head.

"Haven't been around long enough to know, maybe a local would." He smiled. He wasn't one for confrontation, he had a hard time even going up to the man.

@N'Jay Crowe

upon hearing that the kid did not know of any droid retailer and after getting up from the table, N'Jay walked over to the bar and asked ​"you wouldn't happen to know where the local droid market is?"​sliding 10 credits to the bartender "yeah I just so happen to know where it is, exit my bar turn left and go 2 blocks down and make another left boom your there. come again soon." ​as N'Jay walked out to go to the market.

when he arrived at the local droid market he found multiple sellers but only 1 that sold R-type droids.as he approached the shop owner he heard ​"Hello, Welcome to World of Astromech. we have the best selection of any and every type of Astromech droid on the market. How can I help you?"​ he alredy knew what he wanted so he told the shopkeeper,​"look I need to see all your R-5 Astromechs and any under 2000 creds." the shop was already filling with R-5's as N'Jay started to look around at them "How much is this one? he's a little older than the rest." ​only a year or two older but still it made a difference in price. the shopowner replied,​"that on, R-5 H-3, is a good reliable droid.1200 Credits." good enough for J ​"Done, heres the creds. come on R-5,H-3 time to get back to my ship".
[member="October"]

October

O
The teen would find himself walking towards the docking area, to find landing pad 5-C. He would feel his claws come out again and he would let a small growl emit from his lips. He kept his head down and quickly made it to the assigned pad. There he waited for the man he had just hired. October closed his eyes. How'd he even live on Hoth in the first place, that planet sucks. He'd laugh to himself as he opened his eyes.

The man was to be meeting October soon, and honestly the teen looked forward to it. He looked forward to going to Both and getting his stuff back. His smile dropped. 'what if they read my journal.' he'd think to himself. "Chit." Would be the only word that left his lips.
@N'Jay Crowe

N'Jay returned to the lading pad and found October standing, head down, waiting looking burdened. he approched the kid. ​"You ready to go? oh heres my new droid meet R-5 H-3. follow me while I finish paying off the guard".​ he walkes up to the guard and hands him the remaining 500 creds promise without a word.

he taps his holopad and the boarding ramp drops on the 'Wild Flower'. "​I'll be up in the Bridge getting ready to take-off, R-5 come with me. October you and make you self at home if you want food or refreshments the galley's right by the bridge on the right. your quarters are on the 3rd level up top along with the refreshers. I'll be out in a while after we enter hyperspace. we leave in 10 minute" ​he then proceeds to the bridge with R-5. he gets to work warming up the engines and getting nav. coordinates for the jump to hyperspace.

​"R-5, fire up the engines and activate the repulse-lifts we're busting this joint. 1 minute till off planet. R-5 engage thrusters to 50% get those nav coordinates ready, jump in 3 minutes. engaging stabilizers and artificial gravity and jump in 3....2....1... and jump. you got it from here R-5? I'm going to talk to our guest. "​As the "Wild Flower" jumped to hyperspace and an affirmative beep from R-5 N'Jay opened the bridge door and walked into the galley area 'now where did he go?' ​on the holopad he called R-5 ​"scan for life forms so I know where he is" ​in the mean time he would get something to eat.
[member="October"]

October

O
I looked to the droid... I never really liked droids but if it helped then he would try and not have a problem with it. He listened as the man spoke about the ship's layout and he mentioned food the teen smiled and showed his fangs. "Energy Vampire remember...That is unless you have someone in there" he joked a few minutes later he'd find himself in the galley anyway. He sat at one of the chairs with a cup of water in front of him, he watched the ripples.

He'd lean back before putting his games on his fangs. He was curiously feeling them. He honestly was not used to the feeling of having them, even less with the fact that some people avoided him for it. He looked at his reflection in the glass and smiled. His fangs popping out along with his blue eyes.

He frowned. But instantly smiled again. "Energy Vampire..." He muttered softly. From what he remembered his parents left him. But that was a bit fuzzy.

@N'Jay Crowe

​" oh there you are, I forgot that normal food is useless to someone like you, R-5 will spend most of his time in the bridge." ​he reaches in the refrigeration compartment and took out a pack of Bantha jerky( not as disgusting as it may seem) and a bottle of the strong alcohol from that bar back one Klatooine' he sits down across from October and ponders the line of questions he wants to ask. ​"so how'd you end up on Klatooine anyway, I mean Hoth is a far way from there, its going to take at least 7 days in hyperspace to get back to Hoth" ​He leans back in the chair taking a sip of his drink and looks at his holopad were a display of the ships subsystems and there stats.

October

O
"It's fine, I overlook it sometimes too...It's not that I can't eat it, it's more I've a useless thing to do. Sometimes normal fool catches on my fangs and like I can't get it out for um like a week." He said with a chuckle. He thought of the man's droid, it must be pretty good if it could keep the ship running with nobody flying. "Thanks...I'm not really one for droids..." He would say softly.

He watched as the man got some type of jelly and what smelled of a strong alcoholic beverage. J then asked how he got to Klatooine when Hoth was at least a week's trip. He smiled.

"Well long story" He paused "Remember how I ran into some scavers...Well turns out they had a ship. I decided to go ahead and take that and go to the nearest spaceport. From there I wanted to get far away from that planet until I could think of a way to get my journal back. So since I myself am bad at flying I sold the ship for dirt cheap to some random dude, then bought passage to Klatooine." He said with a smile.
@N'Jay Crowe

Hearing that Vamp kid stole a scavenger ship was supirsing to J. A smerk appered on his face, a sign of admiration. ​"Wow that takes some guts kid, at your age I wouldn't want to pick a fight with savers. when I was younger they scared the hell out of me. I'm surprised you haven't tried to eat me yet."​ an oddvious attempt at a joke, although it might have sounded like sarcasm. J was never good at jokes. ​"yeah Astromech, got to love them, their main job is co-piloting and since we're in in hyperspace all he need to do is make sure we don't crash into a star or planet, no big deal". he hands October a key. ​"here's a key to your room there's also ship plans on each level .so do you know how to use a blaster? or do you use something else like a light saber, or those retractable claws? yes I know you have them i saw the scratch marks on the cantina table."​still not wanting to ask about his parent, if he even had them. J almost fells sorry for the kid. then took another bit of jerky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom